PDA

View Full Version : 10 Days to Trade Artest??

RSmits
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Ric Bucher was interviewed on ESPNEWS earlier. He said that Artest had been or will be "deactivated" and the Pacers have ten days to trade him. It sounded as if he was distinguishing that "inactive" position that he is currently in which, under the new CBA, the team can change on a day-to-day basis.

Did anyone else hear this? It makes a big difference if we only have ten days to trade him. Obviously, it will be better for the other players so they can breathe a sigh once they're not included in the deal.

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I saw Bucher on ESPN News, but I didn't see those comments. Bucher did make it clear that the Ron for Peja thing probably won't happen.

But I think there is a pretty good chance Ron will be traded within 10 days. I base that on DW's comments. If you read between the lines, I think DW has something in the works

rel
12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
well...this feels like the offseason when the tmac for artest talk was crazy, except we are on the other end...

its gonna get pretty interesting...

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
But I think there is a pretty good chance Ron will be traded within 10 days. I base that on DW's comments. If you read between the lines, I think Bird has something in the works

Now now now, wouldn't want people confused about who really runs the franchise. I went ahead and fixed it for you. ;)

Harmonica
12-12-2005, 09:39 PM
well...this feels like the offseason when the tmac for artest talk was crazy, except we are on the other end...

its gonna get pretty interesting...

Um, except TMac wasn't a certified headcase with dubious trade value.

tadscout
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
The quicker the better for the players on our team... Now lets just hope we can get a quality trade in that time period... but I'm confident in Walsh/Bird...

TheHotShot31
12-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Let the countdown begin...:).

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Somebody wanna explain that again...I don't quite get what's being said there.

IS it that once we put him inactive we have to activate him within 10 days...or what? What happens if we don't...but what was that change day-to-day? Sorry but I'm a bit adleminded on this.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
He'll remain on the inactive list through this week, and I've told him he doesn't have to come to practice. The reason for that is we will pursue trades. And I'm not going to know for a while exactly what the situation is going to be.
"I don't want the team to be distracted."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051212/SPORTS04/512120435/1004/SPORTS

Yeah just like I think it was Btown pointed out.

10 days is the time from now that Pacers play three games.
After 10 days is the fourth game that Artest would be on the Inactive List.
And something about in this situation you can only be on the Inactive list for three games?

Eindar
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Artest definitely hurt his trade value, but the longer this goes on (up to a point), the better it looks for us. There are a lot of mediocre teams that will see Artest as their ticket to a serious playoff push, especially out West where teams 3-9 are so bunched up. Competition among these teams could drive his price high enough that we get maybe .85 on the dollar, which is about all you can hope for right now. For instance, I really do think Odom is within our grasp. He's not the player Artest is, but he's very good, and won't be a distraction.

beast23
12-12-2005, 10:09 PM
And something about in this situation you can only be on the Inactive list for three games?I don't think that is the case at all. For example, once Tinsley is back on the bench, I'm sure Eddie Gill will spend the rest of the season on IL, or at least until we suffer another injury or illness with one of our PGs.

tadscout
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't think that is the case at all. For example, once Tinsley is back on the bench, I'm sure Eddie Gill will spend the rest of the season on IL, or at least until we suffer another injury or illness with one of our PGs.

I think this is a different inactive list... like the T.O. type... Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just guessing... otherwise it wouldn't make sense. <o:p></o:p>

miller=clutch
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
well hopefully the pacers GMs can make a good trade within 2 days...no 1 has bthought of tmac aswell...caz houston need to do something soon :)

ABADays
12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't think that is the case at all. For example, once Tinsley is back on the bench, I'm sure Eddie Gill will spend the rest of the season on IL, or at least until we suffer another injury or illness with one of our PGs.

Sooooo, possibly as long as 3 or 4 days.

Frank Slade
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh my, miller=clutch
I see you replaced Artest with Marbury on your sig ..:confused:

indytoad
12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Oh my, miller=clutch
I see you replaced Artest with Marbury on your sig ..:confused:

Marbury? Ew. I'd rather get nobody.

IndyToad
Huh. I wonder what that means.

317Kim
12-13-2005, 05:12 AM
Ric Bucher was interviewed on ESPNEWS earlier. He said that Artest had been or will be "deactivated" and the Pacers have ten days to trade him. It sounded as if he was distinguishing that "inactive" position that he is currently in which, under the new CBA, the team can change on a day-to-day basis.

Did anyone else hear this? It makes a big difference if we only have ten days to trade him. Obviously, it will be better for the other players so they can breathe a sigh once they're not included in the deal.

:nod: and another thing, the Peja Trade has not been brought to the table yet.