PDA

View Full Version : We have our first "unknown" source NY trade rumor with specifics

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok almost did not post this because there is a good chance as always when it comes to unknown source, not to be true... but hey why not..

From the BBB. forum

As you guys know I am not a knicks fan with a bad reputation or known for bull****ting anybody. I am hearing from guys that have connections to the Knicks CANNOT REVEAL SOURCES that Ron Artest is headed to NY in the next few weeks/month in exchange for Ariza/Lee/Rose COULD BE Q and a possible future first round draft selection. This is nothing confirmed but this is the rumor I am getting from what I believe to be somewhat reliable sources. If it's wrong hey it's wrong but Im not gloating either way.

http://web.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2925743#post2925743&conly=

The numbers works not sure why exactly we would do three for one.
Especially these three...:confused:

Again very well could be bogus..

Hicks
12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Gotta be bogus. It's too soon.

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I like Ariza a lot. I've heard good things about Lee. We all know Rose

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I kind of like Ariza, and we could certainly do a lot worse. I don't know a whole lot about him though, could maybe Rimfire fill us in here? And on Lee too, I don't even know who that is.

A first round pick from NY is also probably a very good thing.

rel
12-12-2005, 10:12 PM
"could be Q"

...is he saying that quentin might be an addition to the deal or another option?

Jermaniac
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
That looks bad but it might be the best we can get

Bball
12-12-2005, 10:14 PM
We can't take 3 players back... Our cup is full already. Only Samaki could be bumped off the end of the bench right now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DOH... Forgot about Bender... So scratch the above.

As for it being too quick...
Let's not overlook the very real possibility the team has been having talks prior to Ron's recent demands. Prior to Ron's coming out party, TPTB were in the driver's seat. ...And we know things weren't rosy in Pacerland so they could've been trying to make a move already.

-Bball

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 10:18 PM
"could be Q"

...is he saying that quentin might be an addition to the deal or another option?

The way the salaries work, it would have to be either Rose or Q, along with the other players mentioned

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
We can't take 3 players back... Our cup is full already. Only Samaki could be bumped off the end of the bench right now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's not overlook the very real possibility the team has been having talks prior to Ron's recent demands. Prior to Ron's coming out party, TPTB were in the driver's seat. ...And we know things weren't rosy in Pacerland so they could've been trying to make a move already.

-Bball

Yeah that's what I was thinking , Bender, Artest make two..

Do we really waive Walker, before Gill ?

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM

-Bball

Bball, I'm just going to stop posting for awhile because everything you've been saying I find myself agreeing with. I think a trade will happen very quickly. DW knows what teams are willinbg to trade for Artest. They have been trying to trade him for a couple of years now.

Believe_in_blue
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't mind Ariza and Q Rich, I dont want Rose.

Bball
12-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking , Bender, Artest make two..

Do we really waive Walker, before Gill ?

I'm assuming Samaki's contract isn't guaranteed...yet...
Gill's contract is guaranteed.

-Bball

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
I was impressed with Lee in the summer league. He could be a solid role player in a few years.

Walker would get waived first, since his contract isn't guaranteed yet.

My only problem is Rose's remaining contract is 3 years at 7 per. That's hefty.

It's really sad that two decent young bench players without much potential and a way over-the-hill vet is the best we can get for Ron. But I fully expect this is the kind of deal we're gonna end up with.

sweabs
12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
It's really sad that two decent young bench players without much potential and a way over-the-hill vet is the best we can get for Ron. But I fully expect this is the kind of deal we're gonna end up with.

What?! You mean we aren't getting Chris Bosh, or Tracy McGrady, or Paul Pierce, or Rashard Lewis!?

I agree with you, and as I said, some people are going to be awfully dissapointed when that first rumour comes out saying "Artest to Houston for David Wesley and fillers?" - or something along those lines.

diamonddave00
12-12-2005, 10:35 PM
To take Q , Ariza and Lee for Artest that works let them keep Rose. Not saying make the trade only saying you take Q not Rose if forced to choose.

scar
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Q-Rich, Ariza, and Lee for Artest would make us oustandingly deep. Ariza and Lee both have the potential to be great players, and Q-Rich is a pretty decent player. I think that deal would be great.

Kegboy
12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
If Q were included, then Ron, Crawford, and (gulp) Qyntel Woods would be their only swingmen. Ain't gonna happen.

I could see us getting Q if Freddie was included, though.

Shade
12-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Terrible trade. Pass.

sixthman
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I like Ariza a lot. I've heard good things about Lee. We all know Rose

I'd like Ariza more if he could hit some free throws. Pretty sure he is pathetic at the line.

Bball
12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Q-Rich, Ariza, and Lee for Artest would make us oustandingly deep. Ariza and Lee both have the potential to be great players, and Q-Rich is a pretty decent player. I think that deal would be great.

Call me crazy but I'm not sure I want to hear the words "The Pacers are deep" ever again.

-Bball

sweabs
12-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd like Ariza more if he could hit some free throws. Pretty sure he is pathetic at the line.

You're right - and unfortunately, that's a big part of his game (slashing and getting to the line).

He is just not a good shooter, period.

Eindar
12-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Let me point out that at this time last year, several fans were clamoring for us to try to get Q, since he was playing so well in Phoenix. I would be pleased if it were Q/Lee/Ariza and a pick. In fact, I'd be pretty damn happy, considering the circumstances.

BlueNGold
12-12-2005, 10:55 PM
That is garbage, but sounds like something that would be offered. I think the Pacers can do better than that....sitting Artest is better. We have players of that calibre anyway. Why fill up the bench like that?

Eindar
12-12-2005, 10:58 PM
If Q were included, then Ron, Crawford, and (gulp) Qyntel Woods would be their only swingmen. Ain't gonna happen.

I could see us getting Q if Freddie was included, though.

Although I also wouldn't mind giving up Freddie, since we're probably going to lose him anyways, you might not need to include him. Ron plays 40+ MPG at SF, so you really only need to cover for the 13 minutes backing up SG and the 7 MPG at SF. Total of 20 MPG. Maybe Fred gets included so he can re-unite with IT and get more consistent minutes/challenge Crawford for PT.

Either way, it really doesn't matter to me.

beast23
12-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I think you guys are aiming way too low.

Artest may be a pain in the ***, but he is still one of the top 15 players in the league. Even with the depreciation hit he has taken, you don't trade him for a selection of 3 scrubs among those 4 players offered.

Artest shouldn't go to the Knicks unless the name "Frye" is involved. And we don't want to package other players with Artest just to take back one of the Knicks 3-4 highest contracts, either.

Of the players offered, I don't see how any get substantial minutes with the Pacers.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I think the Raptor's have a protected 1st rounder if I am not mistaken.
Let me check on that..

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
If we trade Ron to NYC, I say we get AD back in the Pacer uniform. I loved having DD back last year, let's have another Davis boy back in the house, especially with Bender leaving!

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Trading Ron to NY would certainly revive the Hicks vs. Knicks rivalry...do it!

sweabs
12-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Rcarey, do you think that's enough for Artest? Maybe the Raptors should throw in more?

:lmao:

You rule.

scar
12-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Most of you guys are expecting something you aren't going to get in return for Artest, and that's fair value. You're not going to get much more than what New York can offer. Ariza/Lee/Richardson would be a really good deal considering the circumstances.

With the way more of you guys view this, you're gunna really be b*****ing when they do a trade, regardles off who it is. You're not getting Carter, you're not getting Bosh, you're not even gunna get Channing Frye. Just face it, the best thing the Pacers and we Pacers fans can hope for are some young guys and maybe a veteran to lead the team.

With that said, Antonio Davis sounds darn good to me.

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 11:24 PM
You aren't getting Frye - not after what he's shown so far.

As for the Q/Ariza/Lee deal, that may actually be as good as you can get. Your only other options would be teams that royally suck.

Lee's another Foster. Hustles, monster on the boards, athletic, can't shoot past about 12, good defender. Ariza's top end is maybe James Posey - good slasher, weak shooter, solid defender. Q's Q and he gives you a good swingman who can hit from deep. No reason Ariza can't be a 75% shooter from the line either.

I just hope someone has a better offer for DW - I have no interest in seeing Artest in a Knick uniform and being forced to follow the nutjob any longer.

Or maybe by going back to his hometown all will be sweetness and light, the lion will lay down with the lamb, the land will flow with milk and honey ...

Yeah - right. :rolleyes:

shockedandchagrined
12-12-2005, 11:26 PM
If we trade Ron to NYC, I say we get AD back in the Pacer uniform. I loved having DD back last year, let's have another Davis boy back in the house, especially with Bender leaving!

I think Artest/Bender for Antonio Davis works. This would at least clear around 12-13 million from the cap after this season. So while it wouldn't bring a player of equal value in return, it could be a fresh start in free agency next year (not that that would necessarily happen). AD provides more size up front for this year and could be very helpful in the playoffs. With a 1st round pick included from the Knicks, you could spin it as pretty good.

I think I like it better than receiving three bench players.

t1hs0n
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Why would DW/LB/RC give ron what he wants after that stunt.

If they can only get scrubs for ron... then ron is going to a junk team.
Magic/ATL/Hornets/Jazz... ect ect.

No way does he go to a half-way good eastern conf. team for filler.

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 12:17 AM
For those who think we're gonna get a lot, remember what GS got for Spree?

Terry Cummings, Chris Mills, John Starks, and the fork sticking out of John Starks' back. And that was after a supposed bidding war between us, Miami and NY.

We're not getting **** for Ron. If this were the NFL, we'd be better off cutting him.

SoupIsGood
12-13-2005, 12:21 AM
For those who think we're gonna get a lot, remember what GS got for Spree?

Terry Cummings, Chris Mills, John Starks, and the fork sticking out of John Starks' back. And that was after a supposed bidding war between us, Miami and NY.

We're not getting **** for Ron. If this were the NFL, we'd be better off cutting him.

So, then, would we better off just scrounging for draft picks? Because I honestly don't want ot just add a bunch of junk.

Kegboy
12-13-2005, 12:42 AM
So, then, would we better off just scrounging for draft picks? Because I honestly don't want ot just add a bunch of junk.

I have faith in Donnie to get us a decent bench player. Maybe a vet who'll be good in the locker room. But we're not getting a starter, let alone an all-star.

beast23
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
I have faith in Donnie to get us a decent bench player. Maybe a vet who'll be good in the locker room. But we're not getting a starter, let alone an all-star.I agree with that totally.

However, a decent bench player for us WOULD BE a starter for probably 15-20 of the other teams in the league.

In other words, I believe we will get back a starter from the team that gets Artest. If other teams don't see it that way, then I think we should let Artest rot on the IL until some other team becomes just as desparate for talent as we are for getting rid of Artest.

Slick Pinkham
12-13-2005, 01:00 AM

That is our only hope of getting an all-star or even just a very good player-- get a non-lottery-protected draft pick and trust your scouts.

SoupIsGood
12-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Getting Pietrus and that Biendrus would make me happy..... Won't happen though.

Shade
12-13-2005, 01:05 AM
There's no point in trading Artest for garbage. If nobody will ante up anything decent, we should just force him to sit on the bench for the rest of the year.

Naptown Seth
12-13-2005, 01:28 AM
You aren't getting Frye - not after what he's shown so far.

As for the Q/Ariza/Lee deal, that may actually be as good as you can get. Your only other options would be teams that royally suck.

Lee's another Foster. Hustles, monster on the boards, athletic, can't shoot past about 12, good defender. Ariza's top end is maybe James Posey - good slasher, weak shooter, solid defender. Q's Q and he gives you a good swingman who can hit from deep. No reason Ariza can't be a 75% shooter from the line either.

I just hope someone has a better offer for DW - I have no interest in seeing Artest in a Knick uniform and being forced to follow the nutjob any longer.

Or maybe by going back to his hometown all will be sweetness and light, the lion will lay down with the lamb, the land will flow with milk and honey ...

Yeah - right. :rolleyes: Your GM is by far the worst GM in the history of professional sports. I'm sure if Donnie and Bird want Frye, then Donnie and Bird will get Frye. And something else you people seem to be forgetting - Artest's trade value to most of the league may have been lowered by his comments, but Artest's trade value to the Knicks were not one of those teams. Other teams can use Artest's comments against TBTB to lower his value, the Knicks cannot. That gives Isiah far less leverage then other GMs. And I agree with the earlier post that said if all we're getting for Artest is junk, then send the stupid fat headed retard to the crappiest team willing to take him. Preferably Utah or Oklahoma City.

Jermaniac
12-13-2005, 01:30 AM
There's no point in trading Artest for garbage. If nobody will ante up anything decent, we should just force him to sit on the bench for the rest of the year.And what good will that do to the team? Forcing him to be around players not happy. He will just kill the team just to make sure they regret not trading him.

Naptown Seth
12-13-2005, 01:57 AM
I'd like Ariza more if he could hit some free throws. Pretty sure he is pathetic at the line. Ariza is crap all-around. Don't believe the Knick fans hype. They're just like Raptor and Celtic fans, they believe every mediocre young player on their roster is a future All-Star.

CableKC
12-13-2005, 03:38 AM
You know what I don't understand?????

Why is the primary speculation on where Artest is going to end up is to the Knicks?

Just because Zeke is the only GM that is openly showing his manlove for Artest and he said that is where he wants to go........it doesn't mean that the Knicks are the only team that we are likely to deal with.

As someone said before....you know that Walsh/Bird is gonna hit up the other GMs that had interest in Artest and hope that they can still offer something reasonable.

Also....didn't Reggie say that Walsh/Bird is not going to deal Artest to a team that could cause problems for the Pacers in the future ( such as a likely Eastern Conference team that will be transformed with a player like Artest )?

Unless Walsh/Bird really sees something special in Ariza, Lee, Butler or QRich ( cuz we know that he has an eye for spotting diamonds in the rough ), the only deal that we can make with the Knicks that is worth anything is Frye ( which I highly doubt that Zeke parts with him ).....we will likely get a better deal from other GMs who can probably provide the roleplayers that we need to make a run with the remaining Big 3.