PDA

View Full Version : Zydrunas + a 1st for Harrison and Artest?

Pacesetter
12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
What do you guys think?

Imagine having Z and Sarunas on the same team.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
NO.

NO.

Makes no sense for Cleveland anyhow.

Pacersfan46
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I think division rivals swapping stars during the season they're both trying to contend .... is unrealistic.

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Didn't I just see on RealGM headlines that Z is out with a twisted knee?

Harmonica
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah, let's grant Ron his wish and make one of the tougher teams in our division even tougher.

Sollozzo
12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
You can take Ron out of the equation, since Ron will never play another game here, no matter how long it takes to trade him. So Ron is irrelavant. All that matters is who else the Pacers are trading and what they're getting in return.

So really, it's just Harrison for a 1st and Big Z.

You'd have to be on crack......or a huge David Harrison fan......to not do that.

Obviously the Cavs would be morons to even consider.

Sollozzo
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, let's grant Ron his wish and make one of the tougher teams in our division even tougher.

Hmm, so I take you don't support Jay's theory that by trading Artest, the Pacers kill 2 birds with one stone.......make the Pacers instantly better while killing whoever gets him because of Artest being a cancer

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Even with that theory - the only team in the division I'd want to send Artest to would be the Bucks.

Then again, the Bulls didn't really hesitate to send him here, did they?

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Hmm, so I take you don't support Jay's theory that by trading Artest, the Pacers kill 2 birds with one stone.......make the Pacers instantly better while killing whoever gets him because of Artest being a cancer

We were still good for one season w/ Artest. I'd rather move him west and not have to worry about plying him very often.

Kestas
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
What do you guys think?

Imagine having Z and Sarunas on the same team.

yeah! Z would start and JO would come of the bench!
besides, Indiana would then have ~30 mln worth of centers in just two players. ooooooh, how smart.
Cavs, on the other hand, would put Marty in the stating lineup and would happily watch him geting killed in the first ten minutes of play.

k

Sollozzo
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
We were still good for one season w/ Artest. I'd rather move him west and not have to worry about plying him very often.

I would rather ship him west too, and I'm sure thats what Larry and Donnie want.

But if they were offered a sweet deal from an eastern conference team, I think they'd have to take a hard look at it.

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 08:11 PM
No, No, No way.

I don't want Z.

Sollozzo
12-12-2005, 08:11 PM
besides, Indiana would then have ~30 mln worth of centers in just two players. ooooooh, how smart.
Cavs, on the other hand, would put Marty in the stating lineup and would happily watch him geting killed in the first ten minutes of play.

k

Uh....and JO would come off of the bench because?????????

Pacesetter
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM

k

Z at Center & Jermaine at PF

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I would rather ship him west too, and I'm sure thats what Larry and Donnie want.

But if they were offered a sweet deal from an eastern conference team, I think they'd have to take a hard look at it.

Hmm, it'd have to be a lot better deal than this one beforeI trade him within the division. We'd have to get a true star back. I don't think Z is worth it...

pacerwaala
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Z is almost done.

Pacesetter
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Hmm, it'd have to be a lot better deal than this one beforeI trade him within the division. We'd have to get a true star back. I don't think Z is worth it...

Z is solid. In the right environment, that guy will play his *** off, and is very unselfish (has to be to play in Cleveland). The Pacers team knows how dangerous Z is, I guarantee you he's a handful to play against. Having his 7'3" frame at Center along with JO would be awesome. Now that is IF Z is still healthy overall. He does have a sprained knee.

Ranks 2nd in Offensive rebs per game. 3rd overall in offensive rebounds at 71.

Kestas
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Uh....and JO would come off of the bench because?????????

because you dont get a joke