PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help - Artest Thread

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 07:56 PM
OK - I'm trying to convince folks on the Knick forum that we don't want Ron. Can you help me come up with a list of Ron's past transgressions? I have a few and I know there are more:

With Chicago - Something about throwing weights at a teammate - I need details.

2001-02 - I remember him kicking a ball into the stands one night.

2002-03 - Camera in MSG, intros bicep to Pat Riley in Miami, "bird salutes" fans in several cities (I remember Miami). Flagrant foul machine.

2003-04 - ECF Game 6 (elimination Game). Elbows Rip Hamilton in the throat with about 5 minutes left. Flagrant called (and yes, Rip hit him earlier and flopped), Detroit makes 4-pt play, wins by 4.

2004-05 - Ron asks for time off saying he's tired after what - 2 games? Wants to promote his Rap Album. Retirement rumors.

November 19, 2004 - 'nuff said.

After game 6 of the 2005 2nd rd playoff series loss to the Pistons, shows up at Conseco after the game and does some wierd dance/gyration in front of the Detroit team bus while half naked.

December, 2005 - 'nuff said

Feel free to add to the above list so I can pass it on.

Thanks.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Shh don't let Zeke hear you..

Artest is a fine young man, and any team would be lucky to have him...;)

Los Angeles
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
How about going after Pat Riley.

Then there's being restrained at our very own Conseco Field House when he was a Bull.

Mourning
12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
PM Jay for your post. I think he has a list saved somewhere (serious!) ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Rimfire, I can't think of a single thing Ron's done wrong (and please don't search for the Sam Smith thread I posted the Sunday after the brawl as it just might have a full list of stuff.)

Ron and Zeke and Brownie all together would be a great Christmas present for me. Wouldn't want to hurt that chance.

:D

CableKC
12-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow......a Knicks fan that actually does not want Artest....that's amazing. Sorry...I don't mean to sound sarcastic....but you are few and far between.

You can probably add the # of technical fouls that he has garneshed between the 2003-2005 seasons.

But you've probably gotten most of it.

You may know better then us....but how do you think that Artest will fit into an offensive scheme that is probably 2x slower when you compare Brown and Carlisle's offensive style and how he might fit in there.

Mental toughness is a factor......I was really thinking that he did change his spots but when the going gets tough, he starts to work more on emotion then use his head. Sometimes it turns out good but most times it turns into doing something stupid ( 2004 ECF against Rip / Brawl ).

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow......a Knicks fan that actually does not want Artest....that's amazing. Sorry...I don't mean to sound sarcastic....but you are few and far between.

I've seen him in action up close. From NY you can't see his warts all that well.

Or that he has some wierd mental mix of syphilis, leprosy and a fistulated colon (so crap spews out when and where you least expect it).

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7263

I think I might bump it, its worth a re-read today...

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Rimfire, I can't think of a single thing Ron's done wrong (and please don't search for the Sam Smith thread I posted the Sunday after the brawl as it just might have a full list of stuff.)

Ron and Zeke and Brownie all together would be a great Christmas present for me. Wouldn't want to hurt that chance.

:D

I almost wet myself reading that!

(OH ***!! How do ya suppose Writerman is taking this???)

CableKC
12-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I've seen him in action up close. From NY you can't see his warts all that well.

Or that he has some wierd mental mix of syphilis, leprosy and a fistulated colon (so crap spews out when and where you least expect it).

Wow...you can gather all that by seein him up close?:laugh:

Hoop
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM
NY + Artest = Championship

Git-R-Done = Send Frye.

Pacesetter
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
There's a great chronology of Ron's past transgressions at Indystar.com.

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
If I were a Knicks fan I would want Artest.

What do you have to lose. If you can steal Artest, the Knicks will become a much better team right away.

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9210&pp=25

I bookmarked that thread a long time ago, I haven't checked back through it, but I'm pretty sure someone laid out a pretty nice list of what Ron has done. Also some nice discussion other than that....

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9210&pp=25

I bookmarked that thread a long time ago, I haven't checked back through it, but I'm pretty sure someone laid out a pretty nice list of what Ron has done. Also some nice discussion other than that....

Yep, that was me again. DK, you are not allowed to click that link. Brownie + Isiah + Ron-Ron = good. :D :devil:

And I was thinking earlier today that somewhere back in time I had predicted that Ron's next disruptive stunt would result in breaking JO's foot. Didn't quite get it right but its hard to predict exactly what he's going to do next.

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
If I were a Knicks fan I would want Artest.

What do you have to lose. If you can steal Artest, the Knicks will become a much better team right away.

We'll become a much better team eventually anyway. Probably not until February and probably too late to make the playoffs but we'll be pretty tough by next season.

With Artest we'll make the playoffs this year. And with Artest, when things get really intense in the playoffs, he'll do something to sabotage the team.

It's his nature.