PDA

View Full Version : Is this what the Pacers needed?

Pacersfan.
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Now, I'm not talking about this specifically, but is this the change the Pacers have needed. The Pacers have been playing lackluster lately, but is this the rallying cry the Pacers needed to bond behind? They came together last year after the brawl. They didn't get as far as most of us would have wanted, but remember that JO and Tinsley were injured (and Ron was gone).

This year it's almost looked like they have been expecting games to be just handed to them. This will make them play to their full potential. They now know that they will have to show up to every game to win. Don't underestimate the additions made in the offseason either. Sarunas will replace Reggie's production and then some. Danny will be ready for the playoffs by the end of the season. I can't help but smile everytime I see him play.

JO's been playing out of his mind, and if he keeps this team play up then the sky is the limit. Don't forget about Austin's terrific play either.

Last season our rotation was constantly being changed because of suspensions and injuries. A set rotation by the end of the season will do wonders.

Sure Ron's gone, but so are all the distractions he brings. He might have been the nutcase we needed to get rid of to keep all the others hotheads on our team from facing off.

naptownmenace
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
I've been thinking about this too. I started off wanting to cry, then progressed or digressed to wanting to throw a keg through Artest's window and now I'm starting to feel upbeat.

The one good thing about this whole ordeal is that once Artest is gone we will no longer have to worry about whether or not he will blow up again. That is a "sigh of relief" thought indeed!

I also think the team will rally because of this. Ron has turned his back on the team and thrown Rick Carlisle under the bus. I think they will all come together from this point. I still think Tinsley needs to get the boot too and then the Pacers will have totally eliminated their two biggest question marks/distractions from the team.