PDA

View Full Version : And here come the trade rumors!1!!1!

JBones19
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
As if we need anymore speculation- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/12/12/truth.rumors/index.html

According to a Pacers source, the team fully expects Isiah Thomas to make a run at Ron Artest. Whether the Knicks president can make a deal is another matter. Quentin Richardson's salary roughly matches Artest's $6.5 million, but Indiana would surely prefer Sacramento's Peja Stojakovic, whose name has come up in Artest rumors. Cleveland and Miami are other possibilities; Artest said he "wouldn't mind" coming off of the bench behind LeBron James. -- New York Daily News

Feel free to delete if already posted on here.
-J

Mourning
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
I'll pass on Q if I were management if only to prevent IT from getting close to having a talented "team" with a good coach, I don't want to see that and I don't expect to see that unless they start throwing in Frye then MAYBE it changes things. I expect to see him in the east and on a middle/average team at best.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

masobczyk
12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
please tell me we can do better than Q.

Pacersfan.
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow, that's just plain wrong. Doesn't the guy understand the Pacers would never give Ron the satisfaction of going there or give Miami or Cleveland the satisfaction of having him.....unless of course they got Lebron or Wade back.

JBones19
12-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I thought it was strange they listed Miami as a possible option, yeah Artest for Jason Williams straight-up, maybe we can throw in Tinsley and get Antoine Walker too!!!!

-J

beast23
12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
If we traded with the Knicks, Channing Frye would be the minimum.

We wouldn't send Artest to Cleveland, they are an up and coming team. And we sure as hell wouldn't give him to the Heat, not unless Wade was coming back in return. And that sure as hell isn't happening.

I'd say the only EC teams we might deal with would be Toronto, Atlanta, and the Knicks.

Bball
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM

There is the very real possibility that if the Pacers are looking to do a one for one deal then the best we can hope for is us sending Artest where we'd prefer he be and getting a returning player with a pulse.

-Bball

Mourning
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
If we traded with the Knicks, Channing Frye would be the minimum.

We wouldn't send Artest to Cleveland, they are an up and coming team. And we sure as hell wouldn't give him to the Heat, not unless Wade was coming back in return. And that sure as hell isn't happening.

I'd say the only EC teams we might deal with would be Toronto, Atlanta, and the Knicks.

I think you have to include Orlando in here.

Since86
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I think it says a lot about the reasons Ron wanting out saying he'd like to SIT behind LeBron considering he'd be next to Mike Brown......

Just an observation.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 05:47 PM
What if they throw in Brandy to seal the deal? Still no?
just checking...

Bball
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I think it says a lot about the reasons Ron wanting out saying he'd like to SIT behind LeBron considering he'd be next to Mike Brown......

Just an observation.

I don't think it said anything at all. He also said coming into the season he could lose his starting role to Danny Granger here.

His comment about Cleveland, IMHO, was just babbling. He knows Lebron is a hot NBA item and it popped into his head to mention Cleveland.

You could be right but I'd be careful trying to read too much into Ron's thought processes. It's much like the search to find Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster... Lots of people have tried but no one has ever accomplished the task.

-Bball

Ultimate Frisbee
12-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I think you have to include Orlando in here.

Stevie Franchise!! :-p

Also include teams like Philly, who should be better than they are but aren't...

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Yep I have saying that. Orlando is possible.

Grant
12-12-2005, 05:57 PM
My gut feeling is that he goes to New York. But I don't see a good fit coming back.

I think it will be a 3 way trade, so somebody hop over to RealGM to work it out.

Frankly I would like to get a SG more than a SF, but beggars, I suppose, can't be choosers.

Since86
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think it said anything at all. He also said coming into the season he could lose his starting role to Danny Granger here.

His comment about Cleveland, IMHO, was just babbling. He knows Lebron is a hot NBA item and it popped into his head to mention Cleveland.

You could be right but I'd be careful trying to read too much into Ron's thought processes. It's much like the search to find Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster... Lots of people have tried but no one has ever accomplished the task.

-Bball

Agreed that no one should try to understand what he actually thinks, but why throw out a team that he has no interest in. The whole point of this is to leave, and hopefully to a team that he would feel comfortable with.

If he's grumbling about RC, I think him saying he wants to go to Clev. says a lot about Mike Brown. He knows who he is, and how he coaches. He would have to have a very positive opinion of him to want to be put on his bench.

I'd HATE to see him team up with Clev. though. Like Mike would leave Ron on the bench and continue to start Eric Snow, when LeBron is more than capable of playing PG, and that's just a scary thought of having those two on the same team.

Frank Slade
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
My gut feeling is that he goes to New York. But I don't see a good fit coming back.

I think it will be a 3 way trade, so somebody hop over to RealGM to work it out.

Frankly I would like to get a SG more than a SF, but beggars, I suppose, can't be choosers.

Right I had suggested something like
Artest to NY
Frye to Chi
Deng to Ind

of course you have fill in the gaps ,but those are the major pieces

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 07:15 PM

LB thinks Q is a SG. But I think he can do better - but maybe not from the Knicks.

First, Frye is off-limits after what he's shown so far. Well, it's Isiah so let me add, I think.

The deal would be Marbury for Ron, Tinsley and whatever contract the Pacers want to get rid of. Not sure Isiah would do that either because he and Marbury periodically engage in media lovefests. However it would give you one of the best penetrator-scorers in the league and a guy who's shown indications this year of playing defense. But it would also give you a monster contract and a player who hasn't really won anywhere he's been.

Bball
12-12-2005, 07:23 PM
LB thinks Q is a SG. But I think he can do better - but maybe not from the Knicks.

First, Frye is off-limits after what he's shown so far. Well, it's Isiah so let me add, I think.

The deal would be Marbury for Ron, Tinsley and whatever contract the Pacers want to get rid of. Not sure Isiah would do that either because he and Marbury periodically engage in media lovefests. However it would give you one of the best penetrator-scorers in the league and a guy who's shown indications this year of playing defense. But it would also give you a monster contract and a player who hasn't really won anywhere he's been.

I can see the NY connection playing out here (with Tins and Artest both being from NY and Isiah having connections with these players) but I'm not convinced the Pacers would even want or consider a PG in return. SG, maybe...
Center... certainly...
SF... sure...

So, if the Knicks can offer something there then maybe something happens. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere or look into a multi-team scenario.

-Bball

BlueNGold
12-12-2005, 07:29 PM

Just an observation.

Great point. How does he "maximize his potential" sitting on the bench?

PacerMan
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM

Just an observation.

Oh yeah,he's be happy with that for about, oh, 19 games. THen he'd be demanding a trade.

Kestas
12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
how is this different from a randomly picked post from these forums? somebody just came up with a few very primitive and obvious thoughts to keep readers entertained...

PacerMan
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM

LOL, I wouldn't give up Tinsely ALONE for Starbury! He's as big a waste of talent as Artest.

Reggie4Three
12-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I still wouldn't trade him unless we get something we can clearly use. Let him be inactive all season if we can't. It's his fault for shooting his trade value down to an all-time low.

Having said that, I know I'm going to be very unhappy when the trade does go down and I see what we get.

Suaveness
12-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Nate Robinson? Frye? I dunno.

What about Kirilenko from Utah?

Mourning
12-12-2005, 07:43 PM

What about keep on dreaming ;)

fooddaman
12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
OK, I never do this (there is probably a very reason for that:laugh:) but what the hey...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Indiana Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Outgoing</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Bender_Jonathan_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Artest_Ron_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes</td></tr><tr> <td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Incoming</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.4 apg in 35.6 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Stojakovic_Peja_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
18.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.4 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_gr" colspan="2">Change in team outlook: +7.4 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and +5.4 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Sacramento Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Outgoing</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.4 apg in 35.6 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Stojakovic_Peja_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
18.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.4 minutes</td></tr><tr> <td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Incoming</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Bender_Jonathan_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www3.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Artest_Ron_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_gr" colspan="2">Change in team outlook: -7.4 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -5.4 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%"><tbody><tr><td class="title_s">Successful Scenario</td></tr><tr><td class="body_s">Due to Indiana and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sac gets cap relief with the soon to be retiring Bender's contract and get a tough(but very crazy) all around player.

Indiana gets Peja and B. Miller, nuff said:devil:

scar
12-12-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, I never do this (there is probably a very reason for that:laugh:) but what the hey...

Sac gets cap relief with the soon to be retiring Bender's contract and get a tough(but very crazy) all around player.

Indiana gets Peja and B. Miller, nuff said:devil:

And I'm getting a good laugh that you would actually think that Sacramento would consider that.

heywoode
12-12-2005, 07:51 PM

A moron of Artest's stature would never be asked to join that team. Hell, when we play the Jazz at Utah, we have to get him cleared through customs to get into Salt Lake City....They are a very STRAIGHT community. Artest would never be tolerated there.

...and Kirilinko is way too much to expect back.

Shouldn't that tell Mo-Ron something about himself? We can't even get half value for him and he is a cheap contract. That fact alone lets you know what kind of idiot you are dealing with.

I personally hope to see him out of basketball in a couple years. The entire game is better off without him in it, regardless of how much talent he has.

One thing is for sure, the Pacers uniform is soiled just because he was in it for a time.

Pacersfan46
12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow heywood ... tell us how you really feel.

Pacers uniform soiled because he wore it for some time? Are you serious? Silly.

heywoode
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow heywood ... tell us how you really feel.

Pacers uniform soiled because he wore it for some time? Are you serious? Silly.

Name me another Pacer of more horrifying capabilities. If you don't think that the franchise was damaged on 11/19 and damaged further in the last few days, I don't know what will convince you.

And please just disagree with me if you must, but don't start pulling out adjectives on me....

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Name me another Pacer of more horrifying capabilities. If you don't think that the franchise was damaged on 11/19 and damaged further in the last few days, I don't know what will convince you.

And please just disagree with me if you must, but don't start pulling out adjectives on me....

Actually, Ron's done the Pacers a favor - finally. I don't think they'll find it hard to put behind them and it just may be something to really pull them together.

Been nice if he'd thought he owed something to the fans, the city and his teammates and worked like hell to earn their trust again, but did anyone really expect that?

FreshPrince22
12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL @ Artest for Q Rich. Looks like Zeke is getting Larry Bird back for stealing that inbounds pass. :laugh:

heywoode
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Actually, Ron's done the Pacers a favor - finally. I don't think they'll find it hard to put behind them and it just may be something to really pull them together.

Been nice if he'd thought he owed something to the fans, the city and his teammates and worked like hell to earn their trust again, but did anyone really expect that?

I understand that the bottom line will be a positive from all this, but it was still another "Pacer player" acting like a complete flake....

And yes, it would've been nice for all that to work out, and yes, I expected it to. Call me a pathological optimist, but I thought that his reputation as a 'really nice, sweet guy if you get to know him" coupled with the unwavering support of the Pacers organization and fans would make the difference in his life and show him that when he applied himself and let his guard down (however scary that may be for him) that positive things could happen. If we showed him that we could love him for who he was, and accept him with his flaws and forgive and forget his past mistakes, he would come around. I really believed the "It's A Wonderful Life" conclusion was coming.

The truth of the matter is, HE is the one that can't forgive and forget his past, and sadly, he doesn't realize that he can't run from it. If he never embraces it and accepts himself for who he really is, he will never have a chance at redemption and real success in any facet of life.

That is why it hurts so much to realize that he is just a run-of-the-mill prick.

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Listening to the national media today...they are not taking this as a Pacer player being a flake. They are seeing it as Artest being a complete dunderhead and an ungrateful bore.

heywoode
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
That makes me feel better...I didn't listen to any news today...It is nice to know that at least they can see beyond the uniform....

skyfire
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jamaal Tinsley
6-3 PG from Iowa State
9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Incoming

Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
15.9 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 5.7 apg in 40.0 minutes

Earl Watson
6-1 PG from UCLA
4.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: -12.6 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
10.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.2 minutes

Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
15.9 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 5.7 apg in 40.0 minutes
Incoming

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 7.8 apg in 34.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: +6.6 ppg, -6.0 rpg, and +3.4 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 7.8 apg in 34.6 minutes

Earl Watson
6-1 PG from UCLA
4.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.2 minutes
Incoming

Jamaal Tinsley
6-3 PG from Iowa State
9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes

Chris Mihm
7-0 C from Texas
10.3 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +6.0 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and -3.3 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana, L.A. Lakers, and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, L.A. Lakers, and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Indy gets a solid backup for Saras and about the best talent replacement for Ron possible.

Denver gets a running PG and some more big bodies.

LA comes out in front talent wise.

dynamis22
12-12-2005, 09:33 PM
I still like Artest and Gill to philly for Iggy, Michael bradley, and kevin ollie.

Move Jax to sf.

fooddaman
12-12-2005, 11:06 PM
And I'm getting a good laugh that you would actually think that Sacramento would consider that.

Ah, a boy can dream, can't he?

Like I said, I rarely propose trades:laugh: