PDA

View Full Version : You knew someone was going to ask...

sweabs
12-12-2005, 03:06 PM
f

Diamond Dave
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Nothing will change, and the only people who will say it will were saying it would after Migranegate, CD/retirement, and 11/19

18to88
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
He is going to always do stupid things. I don't think a change of scenary is going to improve his common sense.

Mourning
12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Nothing will change, and the only people who will say it will were saying it would after Migranegate, CD/retirement, and 11/19

Not this fellow. I think he's always going to be a problem now, maybe act normal for a season, before he does something stupid again. IF he couldn't get through two months after basically screwing up Reggie's farewell last season than what sort of mindless, ruthless and disrespectfull person must he be.

I don't see him as the only problem, but he sure WAS the biggest. Bye Ron, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

sweabs
12-12-2005, 03:12 PM
af

Hicks
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
He'll look good for anywhere from a month to a season, then it will start to turn sour wherever he lands.

ABADays
12-12-2005, 03:15 PM
He's not going to change.

CableKC
12-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Artest wants out cuz of whatever happened that caused him to turn on the organization.....he doesn't want out for the betterment of the team.

I heard some Radio guy bring this up.....Artest ( like TO ) has their heads screwed on differently then the rest of us in this world. He views things and approaches things differently and will always be the player that we love to have on your team for his skill....but afraid that the "If then" statement in his head is gonna continually loop causing him to explode and do something crazy.

Harmonica
12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.easoncom.com/pics/sample_leopard_lg.jpg

heywoode
12-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Ron will be Ron.

He may ACT normal, but we know from experience that it is just that, an act.

Wait until he doesn't agree with the new coach, offensive scheme, fan support (or lack thereof) and see how he reacts. I'm betting that the luster will wear off really quick.

I hate to say it, but I feel sorry for whoever gets him.

I think he and TO oughta get together and go bowling....

317Kim
12-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Dont think anything will change..He will still need to be caged..:shakehead

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Hmmm.... some of us were saying the same thing when he left Chicago.

We have NOT learned anything NEW about Artest in the past three days. Many of you have just quit denying it.

I wouldn't mind the Pacers trading Ron to another contender, because he will ultimately de-rail their hopes as well. This is a win-win situation for the Pacers - make our team stronger by getting rid of him; make another contender weaker just by picking him up.

sweabs
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
f

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll tell you what - the team DW picks to trade him to will tell you just how much confidence Donnie has in Ron's ability to undermine *any* team.

With Ron, I don't think the "conventional" wisdom ("Don't trade him to a 'contender'") applies at all.

Mourning
12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I'll tell you what - the team DW picks to trade him to will tell you just how much confidence Donnie has in Ron's ability to undermine *any* team.

With Ron, I don't think the "conventional" wisdom ("Don't trade him to a 'contender'") applies at all.

I think your right on this one.

dipperdunk
12-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Once Ron is traded and gone from our sights, he'll be getting that "fresh start" that he alluded to in his interview last night.

So, I'll be the first to ask it. Will Ron be a changed man with a fresh start, under a new coach, new surroundings, different style of play, etc.?

The Pacers just need to hope that Ron doesn't pull a T.O. after he leaves town and continues to be a distraction for them. It's difficult to try to prepare to win games without outside distractions the Eagles learned that lesson this season.

Owens was a huge distraction to the Eagles even when he wasn't around because he continued to talk trash in the media which of course led the media circus to McNabb and Reid.

When Artest is traded from the Pacers he could easily decide to stay in the spotlight. Imagine ESPN interviews where he starts to air the Pacers dirty laundry in public like Owens did to the Eagles. He may throw Jermaine and Carlisle under the bus; which would lead the media circus right into the Pacers locker room looking for responses from Jermaine and Carlisle etc.,, You can already see the makings of a Jermaine/Artest feud and Ron isn't even out of town yet. Other teams would be focused preparing for games and the Pacers would be getting blitzed by the media circus.

Bird and Walsh need to make an arrangement with Artest. Tell him that they will accommodate his demand for a trade but get some assurances(maybe written) from Artest and his agent that he wont go to the media and discuss internal Pacers matters after he leaves town.

ChicagoJ
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
But in that scenario, would Ron even have any credibility?

If I were the Pacers, I'd also be coaching JO, Rick, everyone else to just scoff at any dirt Ron attempts to uncover.

sweabs
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
f

DisplacedKnick
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Ron's a whackjob. I decided that after the album promotion deal last year. Detroit just confirmed it when he did more damage to an NBA title contender than any player I can remember.

I'm not sure what this deal does - double-confirm with a cherry on top?

I just hope we don't get him. I'd have been OK with it last year (still not really for it) because we sucked. Despite our record, we don't suck any more. We're not good, but we don't suck - and we finally have some young talent.

PacerMan
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Do you think Donnie would ultimately have the guts to deal him to a contender? Reggie said on his interview that Donnie likes to avoid that approach in most instances...

This is a vastly different situation that most any other player. What other top 10 TALENT can we count on to ruin a team?

dipperdunk
12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
But in that scenario, would Ron even have any credibility?

If I were the Pacers, I'd also be coaching JO, Rick, everyone else to just scoff at any dirt Ron attempts to uncover.

I agree Jay, I don't think Artest would have any credibility at that point also JO,Carlisle and the Pacers would take the high road.

The problem is Owens didn't have any credibility either and McNabb and Reid took the high road but the media attention created a circus atmosphere and that created a distraction for the Eagles. The Eagles have veteran high character players and it still was a distraction to their team so it would be a challenge for the Pacers to handle it differently than the Eagles.

Every situation is different and Artest might just move on and not talk about the Pacers so we will just have to wait and see how it plays out but hopefully if Artest does stir up some controversy the Pacers handle the situation better than the Eagles did this year.

SjA3837
12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
This is a vastly different situation that most any other player. What other top 10 TALENT can we count on to ruin a team?
Kobe ? ;)

indygeezer
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
You knew someone was going to ask..

what do ya suppose Der Commish thinks of all this???

Unclebuck
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
No he won't change, but I'll still enjoy watching him play

Drewtone
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
You knew someone was going to ask..

what do ya suppose Der Commish thinks of all this???

He's thinking maybe he'll get a Simon Mall gift certificate book in his stocking, UNLIKE last year.