PDA

View Full Version : Realistic trade options for Ron

Cactus Jax
12-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Look, the Pacers are NOT going to trade Ron to Miami, Cleveland, or any EC contender. The only option I could see would be Paul Pierce and I doubt Boston messes with that.

So moving west, there are so viable options out there and we'll go team by team.

Dallas: Not good trade fits here. Dallas probably doesn't trade Josh Howard, nor do Pacers take Stack or Marquis Daniels.

Denver: Would be interesting if Nene wasn't injured but at this point they aren't going to trade any of their assets.

Golden State: They have interesting pieces for the Pacers to ponder. A Pietrus + Dunleavy trade could work out well for the Pacers, as Pietrus is great in low minutes.

Houston: I know this is considered a possible hot spot involving T-Mac, but there's no chance that will happen, just from a financial view. Other than that they have no other pieces, besides Yao who isn't going anywhere.

LA Clippers: I doubt they would want to mess with success but a Maggette for Artest could be a good gamble of disgruntled, and injured players. Anything bigger would ripple too much into their success.

LA Lakers: Odom might be the most interesting name. If Phil wants a new look then he could make an Odom for Artest + filler trade. It's a gamble that Phil is used to taking (Rodman), and maybe he thinks he could correct Ron. If not then nothing else here.

Memphis: Hmm....Somehow I doubt the Grizz do Battier for Artest, definently not Gasol, and the Pacers aren't taking just Mike Miller. I don't see a trade working out here.

Minnesota: Wally for Artest is somethign I doubt the Pacers do. Wally looks good early on but is essentially a more whiny Mike Miller. Don't even try a KG trade, and nothing else makes sense either.

New Orleans/OK: Not a good fit either. Doubt Pacers do Mason for Artest, and the Hornets aren't trading JR Smith or Paul for him.

Phoenix: Not much here. Suns aren't trading Nash, Marion, Stoudmire, and Pacers aren't taking anything else back so no go.

Portland: Darius Miles is an interesting possibility and would be a good gauge of how much the Pacers wanted to dump Ron. Miles is also disgruntled and would be a gamble. Otherwise, not much to see here.

Sacramento: Peja for Ron will be the most hotely debated trade as it makes too much sense for both teams. The salaries match, Ron is Ron, Peja is struggling in Sacto, and the Kings will want to make a move and this could be the kind of gamble they want.

San Antonio: Next please.

Seattle: Not a good partner here. Sonics aren't trading Allen or Lewis and Pacers aren't taking anything else.

Utah: Interesting possibility of a Harpring for Artest trade, as Harp would be a nice fit on the Pacers, but I doubt Sloan touches Ron with a 40 foot pole.

Cactus Jax
12-11-2005, 01:28 AM
In summary I see Artest for Odom, Peja, Miles, Pietrus combo, Maggette, or Harpring as realistic ideas from western teams.

Hoop
12-11-2005, 01:33 AM
That's a real good summary of possibities Cactus Jax. I like ODOM the best, but maybe I'm dreaming.

blanket
12-11-2005, 01:37 AM
don't discount the possibility of Shane Battier or Rashard Lewis, given the right package.

Jon Theodore
12-11-2005, 01:40 AM
i feel like stojakovic is our best bet. You know he'd become a fan favorite and I just feel like he'd turn his play around in a Pacers uniform. Sarunas and him = instant chemistry and offense.

sig
12-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Revisiting the suns, Diaw looks pretty good out there. Plays Defense and has good rebounding and passing skills. Not saying joe johnson is bad player but IMO, the suns pulled one over on the Hawks in the Joe Johnson deal.

I doubt the suns want Artest with their chemistry or want to part with Diaw for a headcase but they need defense and Artest is still better than diaw. They are clearly far behind a healthy Spurs team. Might they pull the trigger for a title run. If I were the pacers, Diaw would interest me as much as Pietrus.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Look, the Pacers are NOT going to trade Ron to Miami, Cleveland, or any EC contender. The only option I could see would be Paul Pierce and I doubt Boston messes with that.

So moving west, there are so viable options out there and we'll go team by team.

Dallas: Not good trade fits here. Dallas probably doesn't trade Josh Howard, nor do Pacers take Stack or Marquis Daniels.
Josh Howard doesn't intere me. Too much of a downgrade.

Denver: Would be interesting if Nene wasn't injured but at this point they aren't going to trade any of their assets.
Nothing here either. Melo, maybe, but that aint happening. Nene is massively overrated and will be massively overpaid by this time next year.

Golden State: They have interesting pieces for the Pacers to ponder. A Pietrus + Dunleavy trade could work out well for the Pacers, as Pietrus is great in low minutes.
Pietrus & Dunleavy is somewhat intriguing, althought what really interests me is Jason Richardson. It's possible, but I doubt it.

Houston: I know this is considered a possible hot spot involving T-Mac, but there's no chance that will happen, just from a financial view. Other than that they have no other pieces, besides Yao who isn't going anywhere.
I 100% disagree with you here and posted facts as well as my opinions why in another thread.

LA Clippers: I doubt they would want to mess with success but a Maggette for Artest could be a good gamble of disgruntled, and injured players. Anything bigger would ripple too much into their success.
Maggette/Artest certainly is an interesting deal. Brand and Artest reunited again....aww how sweet :)

LA Lakers: Odom might be the most interesting name. If Phil wants a new look then he could make an Odom for Artest + filler trade. It's a gamble that Phil is used to taking (Rodman), and maybe he thinks he could correct Ron. If not then nothing else here.
I agree with this. Odom is my #1 want right now.

Memphis: Hmm....Somehow I doubt the Grizz do Battier for Artest, definently not Gasol, and the Pacers aren't taking just Mike Miller. I don't see a trade working out here.
Pacers wouldn't do Battier for Artest. Too much of a downgrade.

Minnesota: Wally for Artest is somethign I doubt the Pacers do. Wally looks good early on but is essentially a more whiny Mike Miller. Don't even try a KG trade, and nothing else makes sense either.
A big HELL NO to the overpaid Wally Szczerbiak.

New Orleans/OK: Not a good fit either. Doubt Pacers do Mason for Artest, and the Hornets aren't trading JR Smith or Paul for him.
Mason, no. J.R. Smith is someone who I have interest in, but he's too young. And there's no need for Chris Paul here.

Phoenix: Not much here. Suns aren't trading Nash, Marion, Stoudmire, and Pacers aren't taking anything else back so no go.
I agree.

Portland: Darius Miles is an interesting possibility and would be a good gauge of how much the Pacers wanted to dump Ron. Miles is also disgruntled and would be a gamble. Otherwise, not much to see here.
Portland have dumped a lot of their "head case" players (including Rasheed Wallace btw) so i doubt theyd want Artets. And I certainly wouldnt do Miles straight up for him.

Sacramento: Peja for Ron will be the most hotely debated trade as it makes too much sense for both teams. The salaries match, Ron is Ron, Peja is struggling in Sacto, and the Kings will want to make a move and this could be the kind of gamble they want.
Can't disagree here.

San Antonio: Next please.
Nothing on San Antonio I'd move Ron for outside of Duncan, which aint happening. I don't want a selfish me-first point guard who doesnt play defense, rebound, or get his teammates involved like Parker, and I don't want an aged flopper who gets approx. 350 turnovers per game like Manu either.

Seattle: Not a good partner here. Sonics aren't trading Allen or Lewis and Pacers aren't taking anything else.
I disagree with this 100%. Who said Sonics weren't trading either Allen or Lewis? Noone. Lewis has a player option coming up, and there's a good chance he'll try and bolt Seattle. I believe he could be had for Artest.

Utah: Interesting possibility of a Harpring for Artest trade, as Harp would be a nice fit on the Pacers, but I doubt Sloan touches Ron with a 40 foot pole.
Matt Harpring? Wow. I relieze Harpring is a solid role player, but he's not even close to being worth Artest. Maybe Harping and Deron Williams for Artest and Tinsley. But no way, no how do we even consider a Harping-Artest deal.

diamonddave00
12-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Darius Miles is having knee troubles , Rashard Lewis wants to opt out for more money . Wally Szczerbiak makes 46 mil over next 4 years. Have no intrest in J R Smith after hearing him say he'd rather have a highlight on ESPN than win the game if he had to choose.

Anthem
12-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Pacers wouldn't do Battier for Artest. Too much of a downgrade.
See my thread. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Evan_The_Dude
12-11-2005, 03:28 AM
I'd like to see what we'd get if we packaged SJax with Artest and gave Granger a shot full time in the lineup. After all, Granger was brought here to play 'NOW' wasn't he? From the little I've seen, Granger has the chance to be just as good as Artest, if not better. Give him a shot now and let him learn early in the season. Work some type of deal with Artest/SJax going out and get us a 2-guard that works for the offense, and maybe a decent backup swingman...

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 03:44 AM
See my thread. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I agree with that one. Battier is a great "intangibles" guy. He might be the perfect guy to set the team chemistry straight. And he's good at being a team's vocal leader, while still knowing his role on the team (ie, won't demand touches). I'd love to have him coming of the bench for the Pistons.

CableKC
12-11-2005, 04:02 AM
Battier would be good.....he's the type of player that Bird/Carlisle love....disciplined type of player that is professional...plays above defense and is really hard working. He's the type of guy that I would want.

CableKC
12-11-2005, 04:05 AM
The type of player that we want back would be determined by what position that SJax would play.....SG or SF.

I guess now that he is the likely 2nd scoring option....do we really want a player that will just come in and be a 3rd or 2nd scoring option?

miller=clutch
12-11-2005, 05:14 AM
god i defiently wouldnt be happy if indiana got shane battier for RON ARTEST. maybe lamar odom...he does everything rebounds assists scores... just like saruas :). and i think lakers would want ron...but then lakers would be ultimate :(. even maybe corey maggete

Pingu
12-11-2005, 05:30 AM
Diaw is not going anywhere, he fits Phoenix system much better than Artest would.

Odom, Lewis or Peja seem to be the more realistic option.
I love Pietrus a lot but I don't see who else on the warriors' roster would be interesting for us.

miller=clutch
12-11-2005, 05:33 AM
so wat it comes down to YES OR NO do u think he will get traded???

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Diaw is not going anywhere, he fits Phoenix system much better than Artest would.

Odom, Lewis or Peja seem to be the more realistic option.
I love Pietrus a lot but I don't see who else on the warriors' roster would be interesting for us.
Diaw is having a breakout year obviously.11/6/6 are pretty nice numbers. But two things need to be said:
(1) this is only 19 games. In Diaw's previous 2 years in the league he was pure crap. Which leads me too #2....
(2) Phoenix's system inflates stats and makes players look better than they actually are. Steve Nash went from being an iffy All-Star point guard to the league MVP. Joe Johnson went from a nice young role player to an alleged superstar in the making in Phoenix, and now thats he's down in Atlanta he's back to solid young role player. Diaw isn't even that good with the Phoenix inflation. Without it he's nothing more than a backup on a legit contender.

Lamar Odom would be averaging 21/11/5 in Phoenix.

Pingu
12-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Sure, but he's unselfish, versatile, a very good passer, a pretty good defender.
That's what Phoenix needs right now, not a ron artest-type of player.

Kaufman
12-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Baby Al?????

indygeezer
12-11-2005, 08:04 AM
With Utah....HArpering + Jaron Collins works.

BTW...Collins is a BIG body for now and has an expireing contract.

Vicious Tyrant
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
I'd just like to go on record saying I've only seen LA play once this year, but Odom looks like all talent and no effort. I want no part of him. I thought he'd be a dream in the triangle, and maybe he's still learning it, but he didn't impress me at all.

No thanks.

Kestas
12-11-2005, 08:37 AM

oh man, if they could get Macijauskas, who's super cheap right now, and someone ready to hustle from that team, that would make pacers the best offensive team in the league. Macas is on par with Stojakovic (as a shooter he's even better), but much younger and much cheaper.
but I doubt Hornets would be so stupid to trade Macas so quickly.

k

Calgary Jazz
12-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Guys, please trade Artest and Jasikevicius for Boozer and Mcleod. Heck we can even throw in Collins or Ostertag as a bonus:-p . That would make Jazz instant contender in the west. Can you imagine playing against Artest and Kirilenko??? That would be the hell of defensive team.
Do not ban me for that I was just dreaming;):buddies:

Mourning
12-11-2005, 09:03 AM
oh man, if they could get Macijauskas, who's super cheap right now, and someone ready to hustle from that team, that would make pacers the best offensive team in the league. Macas is on par with Stojakovic (as a shooter he's even better), but much younger and much cheaper.
but I doubt Hornets would be so stupid to trade Macas so quickly.

k

For Artest??? Are you kidding me? They definitely would do that and we definitely should not. That's not a knock on Macijauskas, but Ron is just way to good for us to even consider that.

IF we trade for Battier ... :sad: just because he does some of the small thing? Get the hell out of here! I don't want to exchange the number 2 option on offense and by far the number one lockdown defender of the team and a top-3 defensive player in the league for a guy who does things that don't show up the board or just because he shows "effort" which makes fans happy, because he works hard. **** that! We have more than enough players we could use in a trade for such a player, Artest is not to be used in a trade for such a player IMO.

Harpring? :wtf: No further comment!

I will go on the record now: I DON'T WANT STEPHEN JACKSON AS OUR 2ND OPTION ON OFFENSE! Better trade some other guys with Ron to get something better, because I want another 2nd option on offense, except if we somehow manage to get a first grade center, Brad not included like him as a player (hate his injuries though, sorry).

I would consider Odom, Magette, Peja (even though I don't like his D and his stuff in the play-offs), Lewis, Howard (Yes, I like him a lot) and... well that's about it that seems reasonable for Ron. Although I have a LOT of doubts about Corey, he seems to be continually missing a lot of games, I think we have enough of those players aswell, so I would preferably scrap him too.

I like Pietrus, but we don't need to get any deeper than we already are and the Warriors would have to include someone else here for Artest to make things work correctly, something I don't want.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

J_2_Da_IzzO
12-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I dont see why Peja is such a supported trade here. I really think this guy is overrated. I would much rather take Rashard Lewis ahead of him.

Is there a way we can deal Camby????? Or maybe Carmelo ???????

Mourning
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I dont see why Peja is such a supported trade here. I really think this guy is overrated. I would much rather take Rashard Lewis ahead of him.

Is there a way we can deal Camby????? Or maybe Carmelo ???????

Ehmm... who wouldn't? The point is NO WAY DO THOSE TEAMS DO THAT ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

indygeezer
12-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Mourning I mentioned Harpring due to the position he plays AND the3 expiring contract that comes with Collins. It's a possibility, not one I prefer (get me AK47).

Kestas
12-11-2005, 10:13 AM
For Artest??? Are you kidding me? They definitely would do that and we definitely should not. That's not a knock on Macijauskas, but Ron is just way to good for us to even consider that.

you do understand I meant Macijauskas and someone else, don't you?
but obviously you guys would not take Macas even if he came with a half of Hornets right now ;) I understand. but I still am 60% certain Macas is going to become a star in NBA. but he should be traded asap.

k

shockedandchagrined
12-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
2.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.9 minutes
Incoming
P.J. Brown
6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
9.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: -13.1 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
P.J. Brown
6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
9.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.4 minutes
Incoming
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
2.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.9 minutes
Change in team outlook: +13.1 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

This doesn't satisfy Uncklebuck's wish of trading Artest, Jackson, Tinsley and Harrison, but 50% isn't bad.

NO is also in the west, so it does satisfy that scenario.

Also, I like the toughness inside that PJ would provide, though his contract does have a trade kicker, so I don't know what effect that has.

Jose Slaughter
12-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Maybe, when looking for trading partners you should start by looking at it from the other teams perspective.

Knowing what we know, what GM would trade for Ron Artset & just how little could he offer without getting hung up on.

Start from there & work your way up the depth charts. When you get to the first offer where you say.......... "yea, I might consider that one", that's your deal.

Pacerized
12-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Everyone seems to be in a panic, fire sale mode with Ron. I really hope DW/LB aren't thinking like that. Ron is still a Pacer, and if they can't get a reasonable trade for him, I think he'll have to remain one for a while. I realize we aren't going to trade Artest for KG, but he's going to get us a lot more then a third option from another team. Harrington is on the block from the Hawks. If the package was right I could live with that. Any trade involving Ron should bring a player that put's us over the top this year. Ron running his mouth just doesn't bother me so much that I want us to trade him for the sake of it.

Matt Hooligan
12-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Outgoing

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
Incoming

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +8.6 ppg, +3.5 rpg, and +6.2 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Incoming

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes

This one's just for fun, but I'd do it.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 11:13 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Atlanta Hawks Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Outgoing</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Harrington_Al_atl.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Al Harrington
6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
17.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37.1 minutes</td></tr><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Incoming</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Pollard_Scott_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Tinsley_Jamaal_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Jamaal Tinsley
6-3 PG from Iowa State
9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="title_gr">Change in team outlook: -4.2 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +2.1 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody> </table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Indiana Pacers Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Outgoing</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Artest_Ron_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Pollard_Scott_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Tinsley_Jamaal_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Jamaal Tinsley
6-3 PG from Iowa State
9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes</td></tr><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Incoming</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Harrington_Al_atl.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Al Harrington
6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
17.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37.1 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Richardson_Quentin_nyk.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG from DePaul
6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Frye_Channing_nyk.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Channing Frye
6-11 C from Arizona
14.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.1 minutes</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="title_gr">Change in team outlook: +6.3 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and -1.9 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody> </table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">New York Knicks Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Outgoing</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Richardson_Quentin_nyk.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG from DePaul
6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Frye_Channing_nyk.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Channing Frye
6-11 C from Arizona
14.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.1 minutes</td></tr><tr> <td colspan="2" class="title_dt">Incoming</td></tr> <tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Artest_Ron_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody> </table>

Atlanta gets a legit point guard to run their team, as well as a nice expiring in Pollard. New York may also send Atlanta San Anrtonio's 2006 1st.

Indiana gets a nice replacement for Artest in Harrington, a blossoming young center in Channing Frye, and a fantastic 6th Man in Q-Rich.

New York and Isiah get their man - Ron Artest. May they all live happily ever after.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Sarunas Jasikevicius/Anthony Johnson
Stephen Jackson/Quentin Richardson
Al Harrington/Danny Granger
Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
Channing Frye/Jeff Foster

Fred Jones is the odd-man out. He could be left alone and used in case of injuries, or he could be traded for a better backup point guard or power forward.

Young
12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Incoming

Carlos Boozer
6-9 from Duke
No games yet played in 2005/06

Kris Humphries
6-9 SF from Minnesota
4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -19.6 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Carlos Boozer
6-9 from Duke
No games yet played in 2005/06

Kris Humphries
6-9 SF from Minnesota
4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
Incoming

Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Change in team outlook: +19.6 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Utah being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Utah had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2697278.

I wouldn't mind that trade once Boozer is healthy. Although I would switch Humphries with Devin Brown. Pacers might need to add Eddie Gill to make salaries match.

ahhteeth
12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I like that trade but New York or us would definately have to throw in a first rounder to the hawks

Isaac
12-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I really like that Hawks/Knicks trade, but I think we'd have to throw in Fred probably as well.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 11:58 AM
I really like that Hawks/Knicks trade, but I think we'd have to throw in Fred probably as well.
Maybe. But remember, Artest has stated he wants to be in New York, so this whole "you can't get equal value for him" crap wouldn't really apply with them. Frye is probably right behind Chris Paul in the R.O.Y. race, but the Knicks still have Eddie Curry and Jerome James both locked up over many years so they could hanbdle his loss. Q is a backup only playing 20~ minutes a game, not to mention he's out for a while attending to a family tragedy. If you want a 20/5/3 DPOY you gotta give up the goods.
And yeah, it's iff for Atlanta I suppose, although Al may leave at years end and they end up with nothing. Atleast in this deal they help clear the logjam at forward and pick up a good point guard in the process not to mention some extra cash to spend at seasons end. And yeah, if ATL still needed a 1st, I'd make Isiah send them San Antonio's :)

SoupIsGood
12-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I want a good SG. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, whoever... we gonna suck if we don't get a top-end SG. (And would probably be better off not making th trade.... maybe)

Los Angeles
12-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I want a good SG. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, whoever... we gonna suck if we don't get a top-end SG. (And would probably be better off not making th trade.... maybe)
I'd rather have a PG like Bibby.

MMMMMmmmm crack smoke is tasty ...

shags
12-11-2005, 12:27 PM
On October 2, 1995, the San Antonio Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to the Chicago Bulls for Will Perdue.

I look at all of these proposed trades in this thread, and I just can't see any team giving up that much for Artest. Will Perdue is what Dennis Rodman was able to fetch. At that point, Rodman had accomplished more in his career (2 NBA titles, 1 DPOY, 2 All Star games, 4 seasons over 16 rpg) than Artest has (albeit in 3 more full seasons), and it's arguable who was a bigger headcase. And Perdue was coming off his best season as a pro, averaging 8.0 ppg and 6.7 rpg in 20 mpg for 78 games, all starts. But still it's Will Perdue.

Artest's trade value was already well below his ability level, even before this trade "demand". I think the above trade may be the ones Pacer fans need to look at. That's probably what Walsh and Bird will be dealing with. And if they don't want to do that, then Artest won't be traded.

SoupIsGood
12-11-2005, 12:28 PM

Bibby? I'm not convinced that he will, in the end, be enough of an upgrade over Saras to be worth trading Ron.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 12:30 PM

You mean an overpaid point guard with a terrible 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, very limited rebounding, and an outright refusal to play defense?

Honestly, I don't see anything Bibby can do that Sarunas can't already do. They're actually pretty damn similar.

sweabs
12-11-2005, 12:37 PM
On October 2, 1995, the San Antonio Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to the Chicago Bulls for Will Perdue.

I look at all of these proposed trades in this thread, and I just can't see any team giving up that much for Artest. Will Perdue is what Dennis Rodman was able to fetch. At that point, Rodman had accomplished more in his career (2 NBA titles, 1 DPOY, 2 All Star games, 4 seasons over 16 rpg) than Artest has (albeit in 3 more full seasons), and it's arguable who was a bigger headcase. And Perdue was coming off his best season as a pro, averaging 8.0 ppg and 6.7 rpg in 20 mpg for 78 games, all starts. But still it's Will Perdue.

Artest's trade value was already well below his ability level, even before this trade "demand". I think the above trade may be the ones Pacer fans need to look at. That's probably what Walsh and Bird will be dealing with. And if they don't want to do that, then Artest won't be traded.

I agree. There are going to be some very upset people when they see the kind of offers being made for Artest.

Some of the names I've seen thrown out there have been ridiculous; Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, CHRIS BOSH! The list goes on.

Larry and Donnie are going to have to make a trade for a guy, who in my opinion will either be:

a) A solid, and seasoned veteran.
b) A young guy that shows some promise (under the radar - like a Joey Graham type guy).

Los Angeles
12-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Let me explain:

The fact that Bibby is so like Sarunas makes the deal work for me. The team can learn a single system, instead of constantly adjusting to different styles. I like how Sarunas has responded to playing both guard positions the last few games. So having both of them on the floor at the same time helps resolve our SG problems.

This means we also get rid of one or more of our PGs, which is long past overdue.

Mourning
12-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I agree. There are going to be some very upset people when they see the kind of offers being made for Artest.

Some of the names I've seen thrown out there have been ridiculous; Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, CHRIS BOSH! The list goes on.

Larry and Donnie are going to have to make a trade for a guy, who in my opinion will either be:

b) A young guy that shows some promise (under the radar - like a Joey Graham type guy).

Yup! That is probably what is going to happen :cry:

sig
12-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Forget peja. If Artest is to be the replacement for peja let them trade peja somewhere else.

The Kings need to change the makeup of their team. Brad Miller is not the problem out there but the Pacers should go get him back. Harrison and Artest probably works for Miller. Kenny thomas is signed for 4 more years. Maybe the kings would like to wipe his salary off the books this summer along with Bozo wells. Pollard salary comes off the books after this season and he matches Thomas close enough salary wise. Harrison, Artest and pollard for Thomas and Miller. They can go deal Peja for another center to pair up with Harrison. Magloire?

If Miller cannot be had, I really like the Garcia kid. Artest for Garcia and one of Thomas/Skinner/Corliss.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
The difference between Ron and Rodman is

(a) Rodman, for as great a rebounder and defender as he was, never had the kind of overall game Artest has. Rodman was basically Ben Wallace with Artest's personality.
(b) Rodman was 34 years, 4 months old. Ron is 26 years, 1 month old. That makes a world of difference.Just 2 years earlier, at the age of 32 (still much older than Ron is now), and already-certified Rodman was traded for Sean Elliott who had just put up 17/5/4 as a 24 year old with the Spurs.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise by mentioning that because a 34 year old, huge offensive liability like Dennis Rodman was traded for a much younger solid center (which Will Perdue actually was at the time) means that we cant get squat of value for Ron is full of it.
A player of Artest's skill-level and age still has great trade value no matter what he does. And I would be disappointed with anything less than 2 very good players or 1 great player.

Frank Slade
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Luther Head from Houston... would be interesting

shags
12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
The difference between Ron and Rodman is

(a) Rodman, for as great a rebounder and defender as he was, never had the kind of overall game Artest has. Rodman was basically Ben Wallace with Artest's personality.
(b) Rodman was 34 years, 4 months old. Ron is 26 years, 1 month old. That makes a world of difference.Just 2 years earlier, at the age of 32 (still much older than Ron is now), and already-certified Rodman was traded for Sean Elliott who had just put up 17/5/4 as a 24 year old with the Spurs.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise by mentioning that because a 34 year old, huge offensive liability like Dennis Rodman was traded for a much younger solid center (which Will Perdue actually was at the time) means that we cant get squat of value for Ron is full of it.
A player of Artest's skill-level and age still has great trade value no matter what he does. And I would be disappointed with anything less than 2 very good players or 1 great player.

We'll see.

Maybe the Elliott trade is a better example. But I, and any Piston fan, can tell you that trade was an ABSOLUTE DISASTER for the Pistons.

I'm not sure the Pacers will actually trade Artest, so it may be a moot point anyway.

Will Galen
12-11-2005, 01:50 PM

I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resources to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.

sweabs
12-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resorces to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.

We are not in the drivers seat. It's not like we're putting Artest's name out there and every team is jumping on the idea of acquiring the nutjob. There are only some select teams out there who are willing to take a chance on the guy, and they are surely not going to trade a key-component just to get him.

These other teams are going to ask for more. They can, and will say "Why should I take a huge risk and trade for Artest? What's in it for me???" - and at that point, we'll have to offer more. That doesn't sound like we're in the drivers seat.

I think it's best we use Jose's technique when looking at trades.

1) Look at what teams would be willing to take a chance on Artest (there aren't many).

2) Then, look at guys who they can afford to offer without trading one of their presumable "bright spots" - in order to give them something to work around.

Ryan
12-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Ainge has said a million times Pierce goes no where but with his deal up next year, an Artest package could sway him into making a trade. Hell, i'd throw in Tinsley.

Pierce is amazing.

shags
12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
We are not in the drivers seat. It's not like we're putting Artest's name out there and every team is jumping on the idea of acquiring the nutjob. There are only some select teams out there who are willing to take a chance on the guy, and they are surely not going to trade a key-component just to get him.

These other teams are going to ask for more. They can, and will say "Why should I take a huge risk and trade for Artest? What's in it for me???" - and at that point, we'll have to offer more. That doesn't sound like we're in the drivers seat.

I think it's best we use Jose's technique when looking at trades.

1) Look at what teams would be willing to take a chance on Artest (there aren't many).

2) Then, look at guys who they can afford to offer without trading one of their presumable "bright spots" - in order to give them something to work around.

You and I agree. Last year 4 all star-level players demanded trades and got traded.

1. Shaq (for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a 2006 1st round draft pick)
2. T-Mac (with Howard, Lue, and Gaines for Francis, Mobley, and Cato)
3. Carter (for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams and 2 1st round draft picks)
4. Baron Davis (for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton)

In EVERY trade, the team that traded the all star got the worse end of the deal. I'd compare Artest to Carter and Baron Davis, and those two teams got BURNED. You're looking at a Jerry Stackhouse, or a Marquis Daniels-Pavel Podkolzine combo. Something like that.

Jose Slaughter
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
I wonder if Tim Thomas would still like to be a Pacer?

Pacerized
12-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resources to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.

I agree, we absolutely are in the drivers seat. The fact that Artest said he would like a trade means nothing. The fact that he wants to play for New York means even less. He's a Pacer, and if Larry can't get a fair trade for him, he'll simply remain one. They do not need to have a fire sale. Every GM knows that Artest is a risk, but they also know what he can bring. It's even possible for a bidding war to go on behind the scenes for Ron. We are not going to trade Ron for a future 2cd. round draft pick!

Slick Pinkham
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM
I wonder if Tim Thomas would still like to be a Pacer?

If he brings along Hinrich, Duhon, Gordon, or Deng with him, I'm even OK having a replacement team tumor like TT

hoopburners
12-11-2005, 09:40 PM
how about andrei kirilenko? just asking guys :)

Naptown Seth
12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
You and I agree. Last year 4 all star-level players demanded trades and got traded.

1. Shaq (for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a 2006 1st round draft pick)
2. T-Mac (with Howard, Lue, and Gaines for Francis, Mobley, and Cato)
3. Carter (for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams and 2 1st round draft picks)
4. Baron Davis (for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton)

In EVERY trade, the team that traded the all star got the worse end of the deal. I'd compare Artest to Carter and Baron Davis, and those two teams got BURNED. You're looking at a Jerry Stackhouse, or a Marquis Daniels-Pavel Podkolzine combo. Something like that.
The Magics GM was some hockey guy named John.
The Hornets GM was Bob Bass, who's long gone
The Lakers GM is crappy Mitch Kupcheck, who turned the Lakers from 3-peaters to 30 win team in record shaterring time.
And the Raptors GM is ofcourse the infamous Scot Layden

Our GMs are Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh. That makes a huge difference.

sweabs
12-12-2005, 02:06 AM
And the Raptors GM is ofcourse the infamous Scot Layden.

Um...no.

cracktower
12-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Artest and Bender to NewOrleans For P.J Brown and Desmond Mason

Naptown Seth
12-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Um...no.
Sorry...I've pretty much lumped Rob Babcock, Pete Babcock, and Scot Layden together the past few years.
But the point remains true - all of those teams had crappy GMs. Crappy GMs make crappy deals. Thats what makes them crappy in the first place.
The Pacers have a couple of brilliant basketball minds running their team. They will not trade Artest for peanuts. I gurantee you they will find a deal that helps our team tremendously.

(personal nonsense removed)

Bball
12-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Driver's seat???? Huh???? :confused:

We have a player with a history of problems and who owns the longest suspension in the history of the NBA. He's had several smaller 'issues' in his past and, in a year where he's best served by shutting up and playing basketball, he's chosen to take the theatrics to another level by going public with a trade demand before even talking to the team brass. And that puts us in the driver's seat?

In a year where we hoped to be contenders and have looked like anything but contenders, with question marks everywhere, and Ron does an end around to get himself traded and we're in the driver's seat?

And with Ron's history of 'issues', and our current questionable 'chemistry problems', what GM with the remotest of interest in Artest thinks we have any ability to decide to keep Artest now? Think about it, how could anyone think we could trust Artest to play as a team player from here on out with this team? That puts us in the driver's seat?

It may not be a fire sale but we're not in the driver's seat. I don't care how you spin it, we're going to be fortunate to just move on, let alone have much control of the situation. That we're probably gonna pkg one or two other players in the package is what will be the saving grace on the deal at all. And Artest has forced our hand there IMHO in that, whether we want to or not, it will have to be a package deal to make this anything other than a fire sale.

If we're in the driver's seat, it's a demolition derby!

IMHO...

-Bball

Julius Sour
12-12-2005, 04:08 AM
I, perssonaly, have a fealing that he is the guy (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/corey_maggette/index.html). I do not know how this deal could be done, but I have THA FLAIR 'bout him.

Js

P.S. [reality check] What Clipps should get to let him go?

Naptown Seth
12-12-2005, 04:39 AM
I, perssonaly, have a fealing that he is the guy (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/corey_maggette/index.html). I do not know how this deal could be done, but I have THA FLAIR 'bout him.

Js

P.S. [reality check] What Clipps should get to let him go?
Maggette is the real deal. Maybe the most underrated player in the entire league, or atleast damn close to it. I would deal Artest for him in a heatbeat, but I doubt the Clippers would do it. Maybe if Ron hadn't made the comment that if he was sent West he'd leave when his contract was up, but not now.

Julius Sour
12-12-2005, 05:59 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/JeyKuku/CMh2hRA.jpg

What will LA Clipps ask for Maggette? Ron goes - the impact on Pacers TEAMPLAY will be minimal relatively with the Clippers', if Corey goes.

In fact I like Ron. He's a True Warrior, but the main problem with him is that he can't even spell it corectly. There is a link (http://home.comcast.net/~orionnt/Videos/Tru_Retard.wmv) at the indystar forum. No offence, but I found out for my self, that Ron speaks like some lowbrow worker at the docks. he was conjugating "move on".

I have to move on
The team has to move on
We have to move on

Despite the fact that he didn't divulge THE REAL ISSUE why he wants to leave - God Damn, He speaks heartily, dumm, but heartily. He has to go. Also, no more games in Pacers uniform. In Europe he would be benched imediatly. I think, that none of You, would like to play ball with the guy who is not "into team - does not identifies You, Your team mates, Your coach as HIS TEAM -THE ONLY ONE.

JS

Calgary Jazz
12-12-2005, 06:11 AM
how about andrei kirilenko? just asking guys :)

As I said you can ask the same about Bryant, Duncan, LBJ, Iverson etc. AK47 IS NOT TRADEABLE!!! Take Boozer instead please!

NPFII
12-12-2005, 07:47 AM
I'd trade Artest for Ronald Murray + change.

Tins/Saras/AJ/Gill
Flip/Fred
Jax/Granger
JO/Cro
Foster/Harrison/Pollard

Jax becomes SF, we have a more than decent SG rotation with Flip, Fred, Saras & Jax.

Another possibility with Seattle is for Rashard Lewis, but then we probably would have to throw in Tinsley. I think I'd do that as well.

Saras/AJ/Gill
Jax/Fred
Lewis/Granger
JO/Cro
Foster/Harrison/Pollard

SoupIsGood
12-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Artest for Ariza?

BlueNGold
12-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Artest, Jax and Bender to Boston for Pierce and one of their bigs.

BlueNGold
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
I agree, we absolutely are in the drivers seat. The fact that Artest said he would like a trade means nothing. The fact that he wants to play for New York means even less. He's a Pacer, and if Larry can't get a fair trade for him, he'll simply remain one. They do not need to have a fire sale. Every GM knows that Artest is a risk, but they also know what he can bring. It's even possible for a bidding war to go on behind the scenes for Ron. We are not going to trade Ron for a future 2cd. round draft pick!
The arrogance of some of the GM's will have them thinking that they can fix Artest. For example, Phil Jackson probably would enjoy working with another head case...to show his majic.

Also, Ron is too good, even with his baggage, to not draw significant interest. There will be suitors, and fortunately we will be able to pick the best deal...and we are not in a great hurry at this stage to move him...because we have guys that can capably fill in...so we have some leverage unlike many other teams in this situation.