Keep it realistic guys.

Here are some guys I would like

1. Baby Al
2. Josh Howard
3. Mickael Pietrus

I think all could be had for Ron.

Frank Slade
12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Yeah I just was saying that again.. Baby AL is a very logical as far as easier trade to do. And Harrington would now start at least for now ahead of Granger. Would not be taking too many perimeter shots from whoever would be playing the 2 spot.

Hicks
12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Al Harrington
Josh Howard
Lamar Odom
Jamaal Magloire
Rashard Lewis
more when I think more about and have a roster list in front of me.

Jermaniac
12-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Omg I want AL back so bad

sig
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
I don't think that the Mavs want to trade Josh howard for Artest. We love Josh down here in Dallas and he is pure class.

Hoop
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
1. I don't want AL back, he wanted out he can stay out. Plus doesn't anyone remember when the ball went to Al it never came back out, he was more of a hog than JAX has been. Plus I think his contract is up too soon and knowing AL he'll want alot more money than he is worth.

2. Josh Howard could be worth looking into.

3. Mickael Pietrus is aiming way to low IMO.

sweabs
12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
I think if a trade does in fact occur, there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people around here.

I personally think we'd be lucky to get a guy like Pietrus at this stage. I mean this is Artest we're talking about...he's going to retire in 3 years anyway!

CableKC
12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Andre Iguodala

indypacerfan54
12-11-2005, 02:33 AM
ak 47
peja
Bosh
Frye

We def just wont give him away I fulley expect a very good player if not star

masobczyk
12-11-2005, 02:36 AM
rashard lewis

Jon Theodore
12-11-2005, 02:46 AM
hahaha rashard, YEAH RIGHT. The best POSSIBLE guy we can get is Stojakovic...but of course I hope im wrong and we get someone better.

Los Angeles
12-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Tim Duncan.

Steve Nash.

Shaq.

Yao Ming.

Or a bag of potato chips.

Frank Slade
12-11-2005, 02:54 AM
Tim Duncan.

Steve Nash.

Shaq.

Yao Ming.

Or a bag of potato chips.

I heard potato chips will not play for any cold weather team so you can rule him off your list

jrm7one
12-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Do WHATEVER it takes to get Chris Bosh. Ron and Jack. I don't care. As bad as Ron looks right now, nobody's going to want to take him. Do whatever it takes to get SOMEBODY good in return. Use our depth to put together a convincing package.

Besides, I would like nothing better than to send Ron to Canada for what he's done.:devil:

sweabs
12-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Do WHATEVER it takes to get Chris Bosh. Ron and Jack. I don't care. As bad as Ron looks right now, nobody's going to want to take him. Do whatever it takes to get SOMEBODY good in return. Use our depth to put together a convincing package.

Besides, I would like nothing better than to send Ron to Canada for what he's done.:devil:

Seriously...unless you want to put JO in the deal, they aren't trading their all-star for nothing.

Anthem
12-11-2005, 03:34 AM
I don't know what players I'd trade Ron for, but it needs to be a shooting guard or a center. We've got Jax and Granger at the 3, so we really don't need much there.

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 03:40 AM
I don't know what players I'd trade Ron for, but it needs to be a shooting guard or a center. We've got Jax and Granger at the 3, so we really don't need much there.

We'll give you 2 future 3rd round picks and a bag of skittles.

P.S. the salaries match, the bag of skittles is currently making 6.2 Million per year. It's a bit of a streaky shooter, but it has great handles and post moves.

Isaac
12-11-2005, 03:42 AM

PS. the salaries match, the bag of skittles is currently making 6.2 Million per year.

If only there was a third round...

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 03:44 AM

P.S. the salaries match, the bag of skittles is currently making 6.2 Million per year.
Not sure what you're implying here to be honest. If you're implying Artest has no trade value, you're wrong. The guys got a world of talent and there are many GMs who will take a chance on him. If you're just trying to be cutesy then ok, we'll give you a Pepsi Big Slam and Michael Currys leftover jockstrap for Rasheed Wallace. :)

Anthem
12-11-2005, 03:46 AM
We'll give you Michael Currys leftover jockstrap for Rasheed Wallace. :)
And disassemble the shrine in Carlisle's office!?!?!?

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Not sure what you're implying here to be honest. If you're implying Artest has no trade value, you're wrong. The guys got a world of talent and there are many GMs who will take a chance on him. If you're just trying to be cutesy then ok, we'll give you a Pepsi Big Slam and Michael Currys leftover jockstrap for Rasheed Wallace. :)

Thanks, I think you caught on at the end. I am just trying to lighten the situation. That jockstrap from Michael "Carlisle's boyfriend" Curry is certainly intruiging though. :laugh:

heywoode
12-11-2005, 04:05 AM
I know this is a thread for who I WOULD trade Ron for, but I have to start out with who I don't want for him.

1) Peja. Please God, NO. He is overrated. We don't need him.
2) Anyone from the Knicks. Any TWO players from the Knicks. Ron doesn't deserve to go home after what he has done to the Pacers. I like the Toronto idea....
3) Jalen.
4) Any other former Pacer, even though it would be tough to turn down Baby Al.

Ok, now who I would take:

1) Just about anyone else in the entire league, just to get the nutball out of here. F**K him.

It is hard to come up with anybody right now, because our needs are pretty specialized. We need to think long and hard about what happens to chemistry with whomever we bring in....Lotta things to consider...

jrm7one
12-11-2005, 04:05 AM
Seriously...unless you want to put JO in the deal, they aren't trading their all-star for nothing.

Send Tinsley, Jack and Ron all together. I'll take whoever we can get if it means getting rid of those 3.

Evan_The_Dude
12-11-2005, 04:18 AM
What makes things interesting is the fact that we drafted Granger as insurance. Well the policy is about to go into effect. But really, Who do we trade Ron for? Will it be an SF replacement or a player that can fill another position?

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 04:31 AM
What makes things interesting is the fact that we drafted Granger as insurance. Well the policy is about to go into effect. But really, Who do we trade Ron for? Will it be an SF replacement or a player that can fill another position?
What other position do we need? Point guard is well taken care of now, shooting guard is fine, power forward is fine, center is fine.
Small forward it is.

hoopsforlife
12-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I heard potato chips will not play for any cold weather team so you can rule him off your list

But he's good in crunch time. :)

Kestas
12-11-2005, 09:49 AM
1. AK-47

is this even possible?

Calgary Jazz
12-11-2005, 09:52 AM
No way Kestas, Ak-47 is not tradeable same like LBJ or Duncan;). As I said we can offer you Boozer but his salary is 3.5 mil higher so please include Jasikevicius to match that invaluable and super talented PF we are willing to give up:D .

Kestas
12-11-2005, 10:01 AM
No way Kestas, Ak-47 is not tradeable same like LBJ or Duncan;). As I said we can offer you Boozer but his salary is 3.5 mil higher so please include Jasikevicius to match that invaluable and super talented PF we are willing to give up:D .

looks fair to me :)
I feel no differenco who to cheer for :)

Unclebuck
12-11-2005, 10:18 AM
You guys are all thinking way to small. Pacers need to trade Artest, Jax, Tinsley and Harrison. Please come up with players we could get for those 4

Calgary Jazz
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
You guys are all thinking way to small. Pacers need to trade Artest, Jax, Tinsley and Harrison. Please come up with players we could get for those 4

Boozer, Giricek,Mcleod and Collins :buddies:

Mourning
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
looks fear to me :)
I feel no differenco who to cheer for :)

:banned:

Mourning
12-11-2005, 10:30 AM
I think if a trade does in fact occur, there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people around here.

I personally think we'd be lucky to get a guy like Pietrus at this stage. I mean this is Artest we're talking about...he's going to retire in 3 years anyway!

Ufortunately ... I think you are right. We are going to negotiate from a point of weakeness thx to Mr. Artests latest "moves".

The thought of rebuilding with 2nd or 3rd year players is enticing me.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

ABADays
12-11-2005, 11:08 AM
But he's good in crunch time. :)

Clever, very clever indeed.

ahhteeth
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Send Tinsley, Jack and Ron all together. I'll take whoever we can get if it means getting rid of those 3.

I'm very intrigued about trading for Bosh. He has just recently said he's not sure if he wants to stay in Toronto (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16617), so possibly they will try to get somebody for him that could bring loads of attention to the franchise. Here is a deal that I checked on realGM, not sure if they would bite on the mo pete, but I really like Loren Woods for some odd reason.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Fred Jones
6-2 SG from Oregon
6.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 24.1 minutes
Incoming

Loren Woods
7-2 C from Arizona
1.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 11.3 minutes

Chris Bosh
6-10 PF from Georgia Tech
21.7 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39.1 minutes

Morris Peterson
6-7 SG from Michigan State
13.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 31.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.1 ppg, +11.5 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Loren Woods
7-2 C from Arizona
1.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 11.3 minutes

Chris Bosh
6-10 PF from Georgia Tech
21.7 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39.1 minutes

Morris Peterson
6-7 SG from Michigan State
13.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 31.4 minutes
Incoming

Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's

Fred Jones
6-2 SG from Oregon
6.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 24.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -10.1 ppg, -11.5 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

pacers11789
12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
how about artest and a spare part for vince carter ( we can all dream ) you could start carter at the 2 and jackson at the 3, because jackson has played alot better the last two games at sf......but yea like that would ever happen.

Jaydawg2270
12-11-2005, 02:04 PM
how about artest and a spare part for vince carter ( we can all dream ) you could start carter at the 2 and jackson at the 3, because jackson has played alot better the last two games at sf......but yea like that would ever happen.

It would never happen but one can only dream

ajbry
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Josh Howard and Rashard Lewis.

Will Galen
12-11-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm very intrigued about trading for Bosh.

I'm for getting Bosh and Peterson myself. However, I don't think Toronto would go for the trade as you have it constructed. You have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

Plus I don't want to give up Fred who is our best bet for covering the Wade's and Iverson's of the NBA.

So what I would do is offer them this, Ron, Harrison, and Tinsley for Bosh, Peterson and Williams. It works and it's one sided in their favor, but we get rid of 3 personslity's. And we get another star post presence to go along with JO. The only downside is JO would have to play center.

This solves Toronto's worry about losing Bosh and gives them three players that still have several years left on their contracts. It also solves their Charlie Villanueva problem, since he plays the same position as Bosh.

Indiana

5] JO/Foster/Pollard
4] Bosh/Croshere
3] Peterson<->Granger
2] Jackson/Jones
1] Jasikevious/Johnson

Toronto

5] Araujo<->Harrison
4] Villanueva/
3] Artest/Graham
2] Calderon/Rose
1] Tinsley/James

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Toronto being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Toronto had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

sweabs
12-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I'll say this for the last time: There is no way you can get Bosh without offering Jermaine in the deal.

The Raptors aren't that stupid. Everyone in town realizes they have something special to build around between the dynamic duo of Bosh and Villanueva - they cause so many matchup problems down low on the offensive end it's uncanny.

I mean, we're talking about Chris Bosh here. This is a guy who's going to become an exceptional player in this league, and it's no big secret. He's in his 3rd year in the league, and already averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds a game. If we're only offering Artest, we'll have to find a guy who is still a secret, and somehow pry him away.

Trust me, the Raptors are going to be throwing a lot of money in Bosh's direction when they have to; they're going to make every effort to keep him, and if they were to in fact trade him they are not going to do it for an Artest deal. Everyone up here already calls Joey Graham a "mini-Artest"...without the mental problems.

And Will, you mention the "Charlie Villanueva" problem when in fact there is none. The two of those guys on the floor at the same time is something fun to watch...and something the Raptors organization is going to fight to keep for the future.

ThA HoyA
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Andre Iguodala

totally

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Incoming
Jamal Mashburn
6-8 from Kentucky
No games yet played in 2005/06
Andre Iguodala
6-6 SG from Arizona
11.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 36.9 minutes
Change in team outlook: -13.2 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jamal Mashburn
6-8 from Kentucky
No games yet played in 2005/06
Andre Iguodala
6-6 SG from Arizona
11.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 36.9 minutes
Incoming
Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Change in team outlook: +13.2 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jmoney2584
12-11-2005, 06:09 PM
1. Andre Igoudala
2. Ak-47
3. Lamar Odom
4. Paul Pierce
5. Chris Bosh
6. Reggie Evans and some extras

GO!!!!!
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Igoduala

Swift & Sura

Kidd & some one for Tinsley, Artest & Foster

Wade for Tins & Artest ( yeah i know )

I dunno, I don't really want to trade him....

jmoney2584
12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
how could you not wanna trade Artest now? If you think chemistry was bad before, then there is no way he can come back to this team with any type of respect from team mates or citizens of Indy...he has been branded by his own words and shall forever bare the mark of shame in Indianapolis.

FreshPrince22
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
1. Andre Igoudala
2. Ak-47
3. Lamar Odom
4. Paul Pierce
5. Chris Bosh
6. Reggie Evans and some extras

Those are the only 2 reasonable ones on that list. You're not going to get a younger, franchise-type player for a psyhco who ruined his team's season last year, and is trying is hardest to repeat this year. Paul Pierce is next closest, but I don't see how that helps the Celtics, so they aren't going to do that.

To even mention Bosh is laughable.

jmoney2584
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
i know, but Bosh is damn appealing...it's kinda like watching jenna jameson do her thing....i just want what i can't have...

Frank Slade
12-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Hedo Turkoglu. + somethig else. ? not sure ..although he is better on D than Peja...
can play multiples positions..