PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

Shade
12-10-2005, 11:45 PM
JVG has said he would love to have Artest. He has also said some big changes are on the horizon in Houston. Word is only Yao is completely safe.

Can we make the pieces fit?

CableKC
12-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Nope....we are dead in the water now.

Kstat
12-10-2005, 11:46 PM
You'd need to include pieces with Ron to make the salaries match. Austin or Tinsley would be gone as well.

Young
12-10-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't know that I would want TMac. His back really scares me. I wouldn't ***** to much though if that happened although I can't see us getting a superstar like TMac for Ron.

Frank Slade
12-10-2005, 11:50 PM
You'd need to include pieces with Ron to make the salaries match. Austin or Tinsley would be gone as well.
Yeah it would have to like Tinsley, Artest. and something

Now i know some are scared of injuries and all.

I will say this.. I don't think Houston will part with him but if they do.

T-mac is by far my favorite non pacer, so I am biased.
As much as I have a man crush for Artest T-mac would make it all better
:console:

Kstat
12-10-2005, 11:51 PM
I think sending him to Portland *snicker* for Darius Miles is your most likely option after Peja.

Shade
12-10-2005, 11:53 PM

At this point, I'm willing to do that. Ron & Tins for T-Mac. Does it work?

Kstat
12-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Tins and ROn for TMac doesn't work, but Ron and Croshere does.

Frostwolf
12-10-2005, 11:57 PM
If we trade Artest I don't tihnk it's a good idea to have someone that would start AND need the ball in their hands to be effective. It's clear that SJax can't stand playing third fiddle.

Anthem
12-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Just say no to TMac's Back.

Hoop
12-11-2005, 12:09 AM
If Houston would possibly do it, I don't think they would, I'd take a bad back over a bad brain anyday. I wanted T-Mac before he was traded to Houston.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 12:51 AM
lol @ the people actually saying no to a guy as good as T-Mac. Wow.

Anyways.....just checked the RealGM trade checker, and found a nice deal that works financially...
Artest, Tinsley, and Pollard to Houston for T-Mac.

Van Gundy gets a more complete, more defense-orientated team. Alston isnt working out, maybe Tinsley will. Yao can now take a bigger role in the offense.
Jamaal Tinsley
???
Ron Artest
Stromile Swift
Yao Ming

Pretty good team.

We upgrade our starting lineup and lose depth.
Saras
Jackson
T-Mac
J.O.
Foster

Los Angeles
12-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

No there isn't.

The only player that will bring in a Superstar is Jermaine O'Neal.

dannyboy
12-11-2005, 01:10 AM

No there isn't.

This is correct.

They'd release Van Gundy before they would even consider unloading T-Mac.

Naptown Seth
12-11-2005, 01:16 AM

No there isn't.

The only player that will bring in a Superstar is Jermaine O'Neal.
I don't know about that. How many superstar-4-superstar deals do you ever see? It's usually superstar for star + good role players. Which would be exactly what a T-Mac for Artest, Tinsley, Pollard deal would be.

Shaq was traded for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant. Where's the supserstar there?

T-Mac was traded for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvon Cato. Where's the supserstar there?

Charles Barkley was traded for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry, and Andrew Lang. Where's the supserstar there?

Dominique Wilkins and a 1st were traded for Danny Manning. Where's the supserstar there?

Alonzo Mourning and some scrubs were traded for Glen Rice, some scrubs, and a crappy 1st. Still not seeing the superstar.

Clyde Drexler was traded for Otis Thorpe.

There are many more deals like this dont feel like looking up.

shags
12-11-2005, 01:22 AM
If the Pacers can somehow end up trading for a BETTER player after this latest Artest incident, then the Simons' ought to put up a statue of Donnie Walsh outside of Conseco Fieldhouse instead of Reggie Miller.

shags
12-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Fixed ;)

:)