PDA

View Full Version : What draft pick has been your biggest surprise?

Jose Slaughter
12-04-2005, 02:39 AM
I'd say my 10th rounder, Boris Diaw.

I only drafted him because he is a 2 postion player that was going to see starter minutes.

His first two seasons he has FPPM numbers of .62 & .68.

With the Suns he is now at 1.06

DrBadd01
12-04-2005, 02:56 AM
As much as Jose will hate this. . . . . Marcus Camby. I thought I was getting a good Center. I never suspected that he would be as good as he has been.

DisplacedKnick
12-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Drew Gooden. Thought I was getting a solid player but didn't expect regular 1.1 games. Barbose would have been in the mix except for his injury.

On the down side, Rafer Alston though I still hope his #'s pick up when he gets back and once he adjusts to JVG. So far all he's been is a minutes-filler - and not even that when he's injured.

Mourning
12-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Darius Miles. I expected him to get much more opportunity to shine after SAR and Mighty Mouse left leaving behind a team with not much experience, he would have to become sort of it's best player, I don't regards Randolph as high as some do, I guess.

And Jarett Jack, also from the Trailblazers, I heard he was drafted to challenge Telfair and Damon had just left the team, so I though he would get some meaningfull minutes, I have been pretty happy as to what he has provided so far.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Slick Pinkham
12-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I thought Gerald Wallace would be good but not well over 1 FPPM like he's been so far-- 1.08and 36 FPPG last I checked. Second round production in the middle rounds.

Peck
12-04-2005, 04:23 PM
For some damn reason I actually thought that Kwame Brown would have a good year.:blush:

Roaming Gnome
12-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Smush Parker and David West by far have been my best picks considering that they were my last 2 picks of the draft.

kerosene
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Ostertag & Collison would probably be the frontrunners as they've both put up pretty good fppm numbers at times but neither has been very consistent. Eddie House has been surprisingly great as an early waiver wire pickup, can I vote for him?

Slick Pinkham
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Eddie House has been surprisingly great as an early waiver wire pickup, can I vote for him?

I drafted Eddie. He's great but occasionally gets in a doghouse or something and plays 10 minutes or less a game. I had him much of last year. After the first 3 or 4 games it looked like him might not play enough and I had injuries to cover.

Good pickup for you.

kerosene
12-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I drafted Eddie. He's great but occasionally gets in a doghouse or something and plays 10 minutes or less a game. I had him much of last year. After the first 3 or 4 games it looked like him might not play enough and I had injuries to cover.

Good pickup for you.

Yeah, for now he's been delivering but I figure once Barbosa comes back his minutes will go back down. If his fppm stays where it's been, I'll gladly take those 10-15 minutes he gets.

Cactus Jax
12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Bonzi Wells for me. I was hoping for .8 or so, but the fact that he's constantly putting up 1+ PPM has shocked me.

sweabs
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Al Jefferson - I thought he'd be a beast. Instead I've had to settle for his nice FPPM production, but small minutes. Hopefully that will change soon as he becomes more acclimated.

Mourning
12-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Al Jefferson - I thought he'd be a beast. Instead I've had to settle for his nice FPPM production, but small minutes. Hopefully that will change soon as he becomes more acclimated.

I actually wanted to pick him as a "potential pick", but you just snared him away from me ;).

Regards,

sweabs
12-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I actually wanted to pick him as a "potential pick", but you just snared him away from me ;).

Regards,

:devil:

I tell you what...give me Lebron and we'll call it even, okay?

Mourning
12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
:devil:

I tell you what...give me Lebron and we'll call it even, okay?

:kicknuts:

Is that clear enough? :dunno: :D :D :D ;)

Regards,