PDA

View Full Version : How the Pistons can make life good for the Pacers

able
03-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Let's be honest here, they don't stand a chance in Hell to win the division so why not do us all a great favor and allow for a serious party in the Field House tomorrow?

If they loose tonight (against the Nicks 7.30 and by no means a won game) then.. the Pacers have a chance by winning at home tomorrow to lock up the Division title, instead of doing it away from home with less fans around.

Better for Indy business to I would say :D

(at least some of the boozers would make money is my guess)

think we should ask them to "just loose" ?

:stupid:

Kstat
03-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Pistons still need to win a few more games to lock up home court for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. They still have a lot to play for, sorry.

Hicks
03-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Pistons still need to win a few more games to lock up home court for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. They still have a lot to play for, sorry.

I figured you guys were with NJ like we are with you at this point: We can't let up, but there's no real pressue either. NJ conceeded as soon as they put Kidd on the IL, so the Pistons have to know that home court through the semis is theres, even if mathematically it isn't yet.

With that said, it's not as if they'll just stop winning games. Same with us after we clinch the East; we're still gonna win games.

TheSauceMaster
03-27-2004, 05:50 PM
The real problem with this is ....even if the Pistons would lose tonight we would have to beat a Red Hot Heat Team on Sunday :laugh:

The Heat won't be a easy game tommorow who are on a 7-0 Win Streak

Tim
03-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Hopefully the team will remember that the Cavs were on a winning streak too and they beat us.

With JO back it should be a win.

able
03-27-2004, 09:53 PM
OK let me state it loud and clear for the umpteenth time:

I do not give a rat's *** about WHO we are playing, If this team wants to go all the way, they will HAVE to beat eveyone, hot or not, with or without JO.

as simple as that.

Heat may be "hot" but excuse me? any "impressive" victories in that "hot stretch"? the only one I can find is March 6 winning over Sac Town.
The beat the Nets with an injured Kid and without Martin, and had a tie score with the Mavs last night, I believe we should have beaten by a fair margin and without JO.

they beat Washington, Orlando and Boston as well in that stretch, nothing to write your mom about, sorry not impressed and I expect a P-Win.

Ragnar
03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Once again I dont understand. Ok I can see being concerned about the Pistons but to want them to lose to the Knicks??????????

I hate the Knicks if the Pistons were playing the Knicks in the last game of the season, and if the Pistons won they would have home court I would still root for the Pistons over the Knicks.

TheSauceMaster
03-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Well I had hoped you wouldn't go there able with who they played on there 7 game streak but you did :o

I think you better go and look at the Pacers Schedule :idea: other than the Kings and the Grizzles you would have to go back too Feb 2nd when we played the Lakers to see we played a legitamate over .500 Team
:laugh:

So in the past 24 games we have played 3 teams well over .500 :rolleyes:
SO I think your point is moot on who the Heat have won against in the past 7 games , facts are a win is a win

I agree though the Pacers should win against the Heat with or without JO , but we seem to have a small problem , we seem to struggle or coast by with sub .500 teams.

Suaveness
03-28-2004, 03:39 AM
OK let me state it loud and clear for the umpteenth time:

I do not give a rat's *** about WHO we are playing, If this team wants to go all the way, they will HAVE to beat eveyone, hot or not, with or without JO.

as simple as that.

Heat may be "hot" but excuse me? any "impressive" victories in that "hot stretch"? the only one I can find is March 6 winning over Sac Town.
The beat the Nets with an injured Kid and without Martin, and had a tie score with the Mavs last night, I believe we should have beaten by a fair margin and without JO.

they beat Washington, Orlando and Boston as well in that stretch, nothing to write your mom about, sorry not impressed and I expect a P-Win.

AMEN Brotha

able
03-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Well I had hoped you wouldn't go there able with who they played on there 7 game streak but you did :o

I think you better go and look at the Pacers Schedule :idea: other than the Kings and the Grizzles you would have to go back too Feb 2nd when we played the Lakers to see we played a legitamate over .500 Team
:laugh:

So in the past 24 games we have played 3 teams well over .500 :rolleyes:
SO I think your point is moot on who the Heat have won against in the past 7 games , facts are a win is a win

I agree though the Pacers should win against the Heat with or without JO , but we seem to have a small problem , we seem to struggle or coast by with sub .500 teams.

Not that it matters what WE have done over a stretch, I was stating what I expect from the #1 team in the league, not what they CAN do, or HAVE done, after all they have done something right, they ARE in the #1 spot .

Miami is now 0.486, before they got "hot" they were 0.431.

P's have played since Feb 2 (date you mentioned):

4 teams over .600 @ a 2 - 2 record
6 teams over .500 @ a 4 - 2 record
9 teams over 400 @ a 7 - 2 record
2 teams over 300 @ a 2 - 0 record
3 teams over 200 @ a 3 - 0 record

total: 18 - 6

Miami played:

5 teams over 0.600 @ 2 - 3
10 teams over 0.500 @ 5 - 5
4 teams over 0.400 @ 2 - 2
2 teams over 0.300 @ 2 - 0
3 teams over 0.200 @ 3 - 0

So you see, even the "numbers" add up to a win for the Pacers :D

yes we agree at least that they should win, with or wthout JO :)
total 14 - 10

But interestingly enough the numbers also seem to indicate that we struggle less then we seem to think against "weaker" teams, perhaps it is the fact that we tend to keep those matches close and exiting :D

:stupid:

<edit> P.S. interestingly we are 12 - 2 since Feb 2 against <500 teams.