PDA

View Full Version : JO vs. Ron

Shade
03-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I've been thinking about this more and more. Which player is more important to the Pacers? If you had to lose one, and you knew that Ron would stay under control, who do you keep?

Shade
03-27-2004, 12:13 PM
I see UncleBuck voted already. ;) :laugh:

Anthem
03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
I've been thinking about this more and more. Which player is more important to the Pacers? If you had to lose one, and you knew that Ron would stay under control, who do you keep?

Do you know that?

Personally I'm torn. Artest has a huge impact on the game, but I don't think he'll ever be the leader/statesman that I see Jermaine becoming.

Theshop
03-27-2004, 01:15 PM
In my opinion they make the most effective forward combo in the NBA, but JO has more value because he is 6'11''.

Arcadian
03-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Good big is better than good small. And you can't discount the temperment. That's like asking who is better T-Mac or Hill if Hill wasn't hurt.

PaceBalls
03-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I wanna see Ron have like 10 games a season like last night, and get the nba mvp award.
It was great to watch, and he just showed everyone that he can carry the Pacers even if JO is not there.
JO is a step above Ron though for now, in size and value to the club.

I keep wondering how much better Ron will be next year.

Suaveness
03-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Luckily both, but you have to go with JO. He is going to be real good in a few years. Though Artest will be very good too...

able
03-27-2004, 02:13 PM
I vote JO, for the simple reason that JO is the "raison d'etre" for this team.

He is the one who brought Ron "in the group" and he's the one that could easily produce better stats if he played more selfish.
Ron is a very great player, now and more so to be, however, if he keeps it up, I will be harder pressed next year :D

For now JO remains "the man" on this ball club

:stupid:

Will Galen
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
In my opinion they make the most effective forward combo in the NBA, but JO has more value because he is 6'11''.

Exactly! I voted JO.

Unclebuck
03-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I had to vote for J.O. He is more valuable than Artest.

ChicagoJ
03-29-2004, 07:57 PM
I just saw this thread way down at the bottom.

The proper reasons have been cited above.

JO.

As we've said numerous times, its really nice that our two best players are fully capable of dominating at either end of the court. Even if Ron were a better player than JO, you've still got to give the nod to the guy that can control the paint at both ends of the court.

tdeltdot
03-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Offensively, Ron is able to do some of the things he does Because of the attention that Jermaine requires.

hmmm....
Artest seems to play some of his best offense while JO is injured or on the bench with fouls and whatnot. Obviously the last Magic game comes to mind, as do games earlier this season against the Celtics and Raptors.

Ronnie's game (on offense and defense), to me, seems about as self-sufficient as you can get.