PDA

View Full Version : Reggie - 25 minutes

Southside_Pacer
03-26-2004, 11:26 PM
I think Reggie must just be pacing himself until the playoffs. Looks like we're going to lock up home court in the east and the Central Division (Magic Number is Two).

:dance: :pepper:

beast23
03-27-2004, 12:30 AM
I hesitated to post it. I mean we are winning, without Jermaine, so somethings going right. STill you've got to think that guard heavy teams are drooling to match up with ours.
I guess we still hope he can turn it on come playoff time. :cool:
Are you missing an important point?

It's not the points that Reggie produces, but instead how our 5 men on the floor perform against the opponent's 5 men on the floor.

If Reggie takes 2 shots or he takes 15 shots, who really cares? As long as his presence on the floor opens up the interior game for guys like JO, Artest, Al and Foster..... and the Pacers win.

As for how long should this be allowed to continue, I'm kind of hoping that it continues through..... oh, maybe June or so.

Bball
03-27-2004, 01:39 AM
In this game we were getting scoring from other positions. Reggie didn't need to score. I can't really fault him here.

IF we would have needed backcourt scoring and he only took two shots then it would be entirely different.

If he scored '0' points on 15 attempts then it could be worrisome.... but 0-2 and scoring coming elsewhere just means he went with the flow of the game.

Did he get any assists? I don't remember and haven't looked at stats.

-Bball

GEL
03-27-2004, 06:48 AM
In this game we were getting scoring from other positions. Reggie didn't need to score. I can't really fault him here.

IF we would have needed backcourt scoring and he only took two shots then it would be entirely different.

If he scored '0' points on 15 attempts then it could be worrisome.... but 0-2 and scoring coming elsewhere just means he went with the flow of the game.

Did he get any assists? I don't remember and haven't looked at stats.

-Bball

4 assists 3 rebs 1 TO

Ragnar
03-27-2004, 09:06 AM
I notice you didnt post an anti Reggie rant after the Dallas game. :unimpressed:

able
03-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah obvious drivel these comments on Reg, his intangibles are worrysomefor the opponents, not for us, he can hit his shots at will when it matters, he can shoot 20 and hit 14 on any given night.

To even consider that teams are drooling to play the Pacers and Reg in particular means you lost track of this game for quite some time, read a few of the postgame quotes on previous nights, No One leaves Reg alone, they all gladly waste at the very least one defender and as soon as he has the ball on the perimeter often two on him that's how hopefull they are he starts shooting.

Of course he also neglects completely the "daggers" Reggie sank over the last 5or 6games when it was needed.

<shrug>

:D

Anthem
03-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I notice you didnt post an anti Reggie rant after the Dallas game. :unimpressed:

Rant? Where?