PDA

View Full Version : Thread for games going down to the last man playing

Slick Pinkham
11-05-2005, 02:55 PM
game 2, me (Hounds) vs. kerosene (Oakland)

I'm down 9 pts. and everybody has played on both teams except Ben Gordon (he's mine). I have 10 G minutes to fill.

A 1 FPPM game from Gordon and I win, though we both score over 236.

DisplacedKnick
11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I've got games going down to the wire with BC - in both leagues.

And all of our scores suck. I couldn't tell you who has the edge - he has more minutes left to fill, but my last scores that count are mostly terrible.

BostonConnection
11-05-2005, 07:03 PM

And all of our scores suck. I couldn't tell you who has the edge - he has more minutes left to fill, but my last scores that count are mostly terrible.

It is pretty sad isn't it? Kinda like watching the Hawks play the Hornets; not exactly a battle of the titans at this stage of the season... :headache:

Mourning
11-06-2005, 06:54 AM

I had the same thing with your team :mad: Dalembert injured, Hudson and Sura getting DNPs :sad: losing by what? 5 points :eek: ;)

Stuff happens.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

DisplacedKnick
11-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I had the same thing with your team :mad: Dalembert injured, Hudson and Sura getting DNPs :sad: losing by what? 5 points :eek: ;)

Stuff happens.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

I looked at your lineup going in and your team impresses me - a lot. Though if Gasol and Ming keep it up I won't have to worry too much.

Slick Pinkham
11-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Ben Gordon came through for me.

Wow, looking at Yao's stats. He's going crazy.

DisplacedKnick
11-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Ben Gordon came through for me.

Wow, looking at Yao's stats. He's going crazy.

I was pretty happy getting him and Gasol where I did, mainly because a lot of folks projected - not exactly that they'd break out but they could - and when you're already 1.1 players and might break out ...

Didn't expect 7 block games though.

kerosene
11-06-2005, 02:16 PM
that one hurt. it's hard not to start thinking of making big changes because i'm 0-2 but i need to be patient.

Slick Pinkham
12-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Eddie Griffin, last man to play, needed to put up about a 1.4 FPPM to pull out my win over Cedar City...

he did it!

:dance2:

able
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
last man playing????

I'm lucky if the first one comes out!!!!

DisplacedKnick
01-13-2006, 06:50 AM
The one game in the last month that Garcia doesn't play and I lose by 4 - in OT.

I think I'm officially cursed.

Slick Pinkham
02-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Great comeback win in the next game RCarey. 228-222 on the last two guys.

sweabs
02-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Tom. Elton Brand comes through with a career night (literally).

I still can't believe I got him so low in the draft. I remember sitting in the draft chatroom with a few others, and Jose had the pick before me, with the best players left being Vince & Elton. I was just praying he would take Vince....

Jose Slaughter
02-11-2006, 02:44 PM
So thats why I took Carter!

I usually have the hardest time getting quality guards & I saw how Vince played after the trade last season.