PDA

View Full Version : Without Artest, the Pacers lose to the Magic tonight

Unclebuck
03-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I am 100% serious, the Pacers lose this game without Ron Artest.

His defense alone was incredible, I have no idea how many steals he had, but I counted 9 turnovers he caused, and who knows how many missed shots he forced.

If Ron had shot his normal % at the free throw line tonight he scores 40 pts.

I know, the Magic defense is terrible, but they were trying to stop Ronnie, but simply couldn't. Ron made every big play for the Pacers tonight, every single one.

No other Pacer even deserves a mention.

As the Magic announcers said Artest willed his team to a victory.

I do want to make a comment about how Artest effects the Pacers as a team. I have said again and again that Ron's effort, energy and intensity raises the level of of his entire team.

But Ronnie also gives his teammates confidence in themselves. Because Ronnie is so good, he gives his teammates the confidence that they can do good things. ( I am not articulating this well at all, been a long week).

Even I am amazed at how good Artest really is. The overall effect he has on the team is amazing, it goes well beyond the stats

zxc
03-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Perhaps he felt like he needed to make amends for his assinine play the other night. Hope so. And well done. :)

.. huh?

Ragnar
03-26-2004, 11:14 PM
He clearly won the game. It seemed like all the other Pacers just phoned this one in. But not Ron as usuall he brought the A game.

Unclebuck
03-27-2004, 12:13 AM
FYI........I saw J.O warming up tonight, or I should say I saw on TV that he was warming up, actually I saw him shooting around before tonights game. He seemed to be moving rather well.

JOneal7
03-27-2004, 12:18 AM
he looked good at times during warm up but was wincing and in some pain on some of his jump shots and spin moves. I asked him if he's playing sunday and he said "Probably not". :(
im speechless tho right now...my jersey ....FUUUUUUCK!:(

beast23
03-27-2004, 01:34 AM

Huh? Well I would guess so. I doubt we would win many games at all playing without both Artest and JO.

But yes, without JO Artest is the go-to man. The offense will run through him and he will be set up to overpower his man inside or to pass off for the easy shot when he is double-teamed.

As for the defensive end.... well Ron will always be Ron. They don't call him the Beast for nothing.,

Southside_Pacer
03-27-2004, 01:44 AM
I really liked Ron's end to the third quarter tonight. He not only makes the three to increase our lead when they had a mini rally going, he knocked the ball out from behind so the Magic couldn't get a shot off to potentially get some momentum back.

Ron was single handidly responsible for a poential five point swing.

MSA2CF
03-27-2004, 11:38 AM

Huh? Well I would guess so. I doubt we would win many games at all playing without both Artest and JO.

Took the words right outta my mouth beast23...I am 100% serious.

Anthem
03-27-2004, 01:00 PM
he looked good at times during warm up but was wincing and in some pain on some of his jump shots and spin moves. I asked him if he's playing sunday and he said "Probably not". :(

Speechless because he'll miss another game?

JOneal7, would you mind if I asked how old you are? I'm not asking to put you down, I'm just wondering how long you've been following pro ball.

Bball
03-27-2004, 03:23 PM

Speechless because he'll miss another game?

JOneal7, would you mind if I asked how old you are? I'm not asking to put you down, I'm just wondering how long you've been following pro ball.

He's speechless because of what happened to his jersey which he posted in another thread. I believe it is autographed and it somehow got 'marked up' with a black marker at the game (which he either wore it or took it to for autographs).

-Bball