PDA

View Full Version : Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

Frank Slade
11-03-2005, 05:20 PM
The moral of this story boys and girls is look before you..... Sit...

Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet

Thu Nov 3,12:32 PM ET

Home Depot was sued by a shopper who claims he got stuck to a restroom toilet seat because a prankster had smeared it with glue.

Bob Dougherty, 57, accused employees of ignoring his cries for help for about 15 minutes because they thought he was kidding.

"They left me there, going through all that stress," Dougherty told The (Boulder) Daily Camera. "They just let me rot."

The lawsuit, filed Friday, said Dougherty was recovering from heart bypass surgery and thought he was having a heart attack when he got stuck at the Louisville store on the day before Halloween 2003. A store employee who heard him calling for help informed the head clerk by radio, but the head clerk "believed it to be a hoax," the lawsuit said.

Home Depot spokeswoman Kathryn Gallagher said she could not comment on pending litigation.

The lawsuit said store officials called for an ambulance after about 15 minutes. Paramedics unbolted the toilet seat, and as they wheeled the "frightened and humiliated" Dougherty out of the store, he passed out.

The lawsuit said the toilet seat separated from his skin, leaving abrasions.

"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said. "But I am blaming them for letting me hang in there and just ignoring me."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051103/ap_on_fe_st/toilet_seat_lawsuit&printer=1

317Kim
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
OUCH!
I think I've found a new april fools joke..:smirk:

Pacers#1Fan
11-03-2005, 11:11 PM
The glue covered toilet, classic. :laugh:

travmil
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
"This is not Home Depot's fault," he said.

Recess your honor.

Seriously, he's sunk if he admitted this to a reporter.

beaversnducks311
11-04-2005, 12:18 AM
That'll teach him for sitting on a public toilet

Harmonica
11-04-2005, 02:35 AM
I think he put the glue on there himself. Passed out. BS.

Bball
11-04-2005, 03:06 AM

I think I agree with you...

Imagine how little time there is for Super Glue to set (and I assume that is what this must be to have worked so effectively).

I'm no expert but I'd say by the time a prankster put it on the seat, left the stall, another man entered and did whatever he did before taking his seat... the stuff would already be dry.

-Bball

travmil
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM

I never even thought about that. You're probably right. Super glue dries almost immediately. If someone else had put it there it would already have been dry.

Evan_The_Dude
11-04-2005, 07:27 PM
The only thing worse that water splashing up while you're sitting on the can is not being able to move and avoid it...

I worked for Home Depot for 2 years and I would NEVER EVER sit on those toilet seats. I don't know what would be more dangerous, having unprotected sex with a worn down cheap prostitute, or sitting on a Home Depot toilet seat...

Knucklehead Warrior
11-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Was there part of a finger stuck to the seat as well?
Was any chili involved?

Anthem
11-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Was his previous girlfriend upset with him? Did they decide to rekindle their friendship?

Stryder
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
This has got to be a hoax put on by the glue-ee.

As others have said, it had to be some type of "super" glue, because it created such an adhesive force. Most types of "super" glue dry rather quickly. And he didn't realize that he sat down on some wet glue when he first made contact with the toilet seat?

Geeze.