PDA

View Full Version : Our defense

Jermaniac
11-02-2005, 11:56 PM
I seen tonight's game (I followed it on League Pass), but from looking at the scores around the league, especially in our conference, other teams defense looks anemic:

Boston 114
New York 100

Milwaukee 110
New Jersey 96

Cleveland 109
NO/Okla City 87

Detroit 108
Philadelphia 88

Washington 99
Toronto 96

Indiana 90
Orlando 78

Yeah, I know, its the first game of the season, but it looks like these other teams have lost a step deffensively. We didn't. I'm just going by the scores, mind you, but can anyone shed some light on his for me.

Kstat
11-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I knew this thread was coming.....

ChicagoJ
11-03-2005, 12:02 AM
:lmao:

errrrr....

:lurk:

GO!!!!!
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
can i do a thread on our Coach and then Boomer, and then our soft drink machine not being ice chilled....

Jermaniac
11-03-2005, 12:22 AM
If that floats your boat then go right ahead

Harmonica
11-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Where's the Miami game?

Jermaniac
11-03-2005, 12:28 AM
They played good defense

Harmonica
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh, that's right, you're part of the never-say-a-critical-word-about-the-team-or-its-players-lest-ye-want-to-be-considered-a-hater contingency.

efx
11-03-2005, 12:37 AM
It's sad to see that we're becoming as polarized in our opinions as the political landscape currently.

Jermaniac
11-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Yep and I'm damn proud of it. You are a fake fan and you know it. Go criticize what movies I should buy and sell, and let people who actually watch this team play talk about them.

Harmonica
11-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Yep and I'm damn proud of it. You are a fake fan and you know it. Go criticize what movies I should buy and sell, and let people who actually watch this team play talk about them.
Oh, here we go with the "you're not a real fan" BS. I asked a legitimate and sincere question, smartass.

EDIT: Prefaced, by the way by "I didn't see the game." Meaning, for those that did, please enlighten me.

Kstat
11-03-2005, 12:42 AM
:lurk:

efx
11-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Sounds like someone needs a vacation.....

Kstat
11-03-2005, 12:50 AM
which one?

Or do we send them on a cruise together?

Harmonica
11-03-2005, 12:53 AM
which one?

Or do we send them on a cruise together?
I'm sorry, but what did I do besides calling him on his Sassan-like aspersions?

Kstat
11-03-2005, 12:57 AM
I wasn't sure, that's why I asked efx.

Will Galen
11-03-2005, 07:50 AM

I wish people would talk about the Pacers!!!!!!!!

It appears Able's rant went over a lot of people's heads.

Seems to me there's a lot of talk going on that has nothing to do with the Pacers or the NBA. This site is going downhill because it's turning into a fellowship center! Way to much extraneous verbiage. That means talk that's inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand, which should be NBA related material.

I've been looking around at other basketball sites because I'm not getting my basketball fix here. If I'm looking around, there has to be others!

Los Angeles
11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
I wish people would talk about the Pacers!!!!!!!!

It appears Able's rant went over a lot of people's heads.

Seems to me there's a lot of talk going on that has nothing to do with the Pacers or the NBA. This site is going downhill because it's turning into a fellowship center! Way to much extraneous verbiage. That means talk that's inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand, which should be NBA related material.

I've been looking around at other basketball sites because I'm not getting my basketball fix here. If I'm looking around, there has to be others!
I think each and every one of us bears a responsibility to provide that content. If you would like better posts, I recommend that you write some thoughts about the Pacers and the NBA down - maybe even as you are watching a game - and post them on PD.

You're a valuable member, Will. If you would like to see a little more meaningful content on the Pacers forum, I can think of few members who are as capable as you are.

As for me, I just watched my first game of the season, and under great circumstances, but will have to write about it later.

Will Galen
11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I think each and every one of us bears a responsibility to provide that content. If you would like better posts, I recommend that you write some thoughts about the Pacers and the NBA down - maybe even as you are watching a game - and post them on PD.

You're a valuable member, Will. If you would like to see a little more meaningful content on the Pacers forum, I can think of few members who are as capable as you are.

As for me, I just watched my first game of the season, and under great circumstances, but will have to write about it later.

I think you missed the point, just as many people missed Abel's points.

The content is fine as far as it goes, but too often threads get sidetracked or high jacked by conversations that have nothing to do with the Pacers or NBA.

For instant, I don't mind a thread being hijacked if it stays Pacer related, but lots of times they will be 10 posts of sophomoric humor talking about someone's pants. (A thread I guess I didn't read)

Los Angeles
11-03-2005, 11:32 AM
You're right Will, I did misunderstand. I guess I don't have much more to add other than I would really regret not seeing you around here.

SoupIsGood
11-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Speaking of hijacking threads, you've officially hijacked this thread Will.

SoupIsGood
11-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Oops. Maybe you haven't. I thought this was still on the main forum.

I guess you can't hijack a thread in the shout box.

Harmonica
11-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Fortunately, this website is better than ever. I'm very pleased with how things are run, and hope that we don't start censoring everything just because people may not consider it 100% content related. The last thing this place needs is more censorship. Fortunately again, we're not going to have more of it.

Things that aren't 100% related to the NBA have to expected in the off-season. Even after one game, that trend has vanished rapidly. It happens every off-season, and in no way indicates any sort of downhill trend for this or any other sports related website. On the contrary, the membership and basketball-related posting here was better than it's ever been for an off-season, and I hope the upward trend of the last 3 years continues on the pace it has been!

:cheers:

Hear-hear. Btown for president!