PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Classic is holding a mega-marathon of classic games....

Mac_Daddy
10-29-2005, 04:43 PM
The last person I want to see all day is Michael Jordan. I seriosly hate the guy. He may be the greatest to ever play the game, but that does not make him a good person. Heck, I wouldn't even label him a decent person.

Kstat
10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
......and you feel compelled to personally critisize him because.....

Naptown Seth
10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Jordan is a very low-class human being. He's cheated on his wife with multiple women, he's had drinking issues, he's had gambling issues that are rumored to have played a part in his fathers murder, and he verbally abused teammates.
Jordan doesn't deserve respect. He's trash.

sweabs
10-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Bring out the popcorn, folks.

:lurk:

shags
10-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Jordan is a very low-class human being. He's cheated on his wife with multiple women, he's had drinking issues, he's had gambling issues that are rumored to have played a part in his fathers murder, and he verbally abused teammates.

What was the reason Reggie Miller's house got burned down?

Kstat
10-29-2005, 05:04 PM

You're a low class human being for saying that.

He cheated on his wife, ok. ONCE that has been documented. You have no idea how many NBA players have or have not done this. You also have no idea if there were extenuating circumstances between him and his wife. It's a personal issue that you know nothing about.

He gambled, legally. WOW. And there's NOTHING to connect that to his dad's death.

He verbally abused teamates? LOL. So Larry Bird is "trash" too?

He's had drinking issues? Since when? Does drinking make him a bad person too?

Seems to me like you're believing what you want to believe and are passing it off as fact.

You don't have to like Michael Jordan, but the reasons you're giving are ridiculous, and are not good reason to critisize him as a human being.

I have no love at all for Jordan, but I'm not so bitter that I'm going to throw personal accusations at him like a child.

317Kim
10-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Bring out the popcorn, folks.

Care to share? and does that have xtra butter? :)

Ragnar
10-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Wasnt Larry a two fisted drinker is Boston? And talk about fidelity, I hate to break it to you but NBA players are not know for being faithfull.

Kstat
10-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Wasnt Larry a two fisted drinker is Boston? And talk about fidelity, I hate to break it to you but NBA players are not know for being faithfull.

To my knowledge, Larry drank more and Magic and Erving cheated a TON more than Jordan.

Guess Magic, Dr J and Larry are first-class scumbags, too....

SoupIsGood
10-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Damn this thread was entertaining.

able
10-29-2005, 05:36 PM
according to stats: women cheat no their partner in 63% of relationships, men do it at a rate of 47%

makes the chance that "some" will do so in the NBA uhhhmmmm lemme seee....... about 47% ?

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Hicks
10-29-2005, 05:55 PM
LMAO at "He only cheated ONCE (and others do it more) on the wife so you can't insult him for that!" :chuckle:

Talk about a lowest common denominator.

Kstat
10-29-2005, 06:16 PM
LMAO at "He only cheated ONCE (and others do it more) on the wife so you can't insult him for that!" :chuckle:

Talk about a lowest common denominator.

I'm saying he doesn;t know the particulars and neither do you. Some married people (ESPECIALLY the rich onces) have mutually "open" relationships.

And also using something like that to call someone "trash" while blatently ignoring people who do it worse it hypocritial.

Didn't Reggie's wife divorce him on the grounds that he cheated? Is Reggie Miller "trash"?

Hicks
10-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't know what happened with Reggie.

As for Jordan, that's too much of a leap for me to believe (that it was a mutually 'open' relationship).

Kstat
10-29-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't know what happened with Reggie.

As for Jordan, that's too much of a leap for me to believe (that it was a mutually 'open' relationship).

I'm saying nobody knows exactly what happened. Jordan's wife didnt divorce him, so its a possibility.

aceace
10-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Shags: Your signature line is way too long and boring, it would look better as a tattoo in your armpit where no one could see it.

Fame and Fortune bring gold-diggers and NBA players together. Its a lifestyle that if not well managed can destroy a person. You can buy anything, have all the women you want and it becomes a game.

Lord Helmet
10-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I never heard Reggie cheated on his wife.

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 07:47 PM
:pillow:

BigMac
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
What was the reason Reggie Miller's house got burned down?

The story I have heard (that has been posted on here in at least partial form) that his wife did not want to live in Indiana as her modeling career and potential acting career would have stalled-and she hated it here. I have been told that she very well could have been arrested if Reggie had not stepped in and agreed to not file an insurance claim on the arson of his home in Geist. The insurance company, having no claim against it, could not persue litigation and investigation if there was no claim (I'm not sure about the exact reasons on this). The doubt I have on this story (which I have received from credible sources) is why the police did not persue this more because arson is a crime even if there is no insurance claim on the loss of property. Can an individual make the decision to prosecute or not-it was personal property but the potential for injury still existed. Heck, firefighters could have been killed. Any others hear similar?