PDA

View Full Version : What will be our starting line up on opening night ?

Frank Slade
10-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Just wondering your thoughts on What will be our starting line up on opening night ?.

Will Jo be at the 4 still or will he need to switch to the 5 temporarily
Will Samaki actually get the start, will Granger , Croshere crack the starting lineup due to injuries ?

317Kim
10-24-2005, 12:49 PM
hmmm JT, Jax, Ron, JO, JB. If injuries are still a slight problem.

circlecitysportsfan
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
O'Neal
Bender
Artest
Jack
Tinsley

Frank Slade
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Croshere
Haslip
Fowlkes
Miller
Gill

Oh that's right Michael Curry is longer available

:duck:

Unclebuck
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Croshere
Haslip
Fowlkes
Miller
Gill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

317Kim
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:noooo: I hope it's not! :pray:

sweabs
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What if we played Haislip at the 5, and moved Britton Johnsen to the 4 spot? I could see that working.

Give Zan Tabak a call...he could play as the 6th man?

317Kim
10-24-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm scared. no TERRIFIED! :uhoh: :peek: :shudder:

Los Angeles
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Croshere
Haslip
Fowlkes
Miller
Gill
:lol2:

I went to the Clips game in LA when Haslip was flown in same day to play with the team he had never practiced with. That was the game where Harrison was hurt in the frist half and the veep had to finish the game at center. Half our team looked like they were going to **** themselves from fear, and they were only playing the Clippers.

Oh man, that was brutal.

Los Angeles
10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
OH - and to answer the question:

JO
Artest
Granger
Jackson
Tinsley

shags
10-24-2005, 03:58 PM
:lol2:

I went to the Clips game in LA when Haslip was flown in same day to play with the team he had never practiced with. That was the game where Harrison was hurt in the frist half and the veep had to finish the game at center. Half our team looked like they were going to **** themselves from fear, and they were only playing the Clippers.

Oh man, that was brutal.

The Sports Guy's comments on that game in his column.

A historic game. The Pacers were missing Artest, Miller, O'Neal, Jackson, Pollard, Foster, Bender, Croshere, Tinsley and Anthony Johnson. That's their entire 10-man rotation from training camp! Starting against the Clips: Eddie Gill, David Harrison, Britton Johnson and the Jones Brothers (Fred and James). Coming off the bench: Marcus Haislip (signed that day), Tremaine Fowlkes and Senator John Edwards. I will never see a worse NBA team in my lifetime.

And the Pacers almost WON that game!!! Down 2 at halftime, 6 after 3 quarters, before losing by 12.

http://www.nba.com/games/20041201/INDLAC/boxscore.html

317Kim
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Jones Brothers (Fred and James).
Was that a quick way to say there names or were they for real? I know too many people who actually think they are related.

SoupIsGood
10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Harrison
JO
Artest
Jax
Tinsley

Pacers#1Fan
10-24-2005, 05:20 PM
If the current injuries are still a problem I will say:

JO
Artest
Granger
SJax
Tins

Some of you might not agree with me but this is the only lineup I thought mite be possible that no one else had put yet.

SoupIsGood
10-24-2005, 05:22 PM

JO
Artest
Granger
SJax
Tins

Some of you might not agree with me but this is the only lineup I thought mite be possible that no one else had put yet.

Yes I think we will do that if Harrison and Feisty are both no-go's.

Since86
10-24-2005, 05:29 PM

JO
Artest
Granger
SJax
Tins

LA put that lineup down, just with Granger at the 4 and Ron at the 3.;)

IF Bender is healthy, I think he'll get the nod over Granger. I don't see Cro starting over either, Granger or Bender, though.

MagicRat
10-24-2005, 05:33 PM
LA put that lineup down, just with Granger at the 4 and Ron at the 3.;)

IF Bender is healthy, I think he'll get the nod over Granger. I don't see Cro starting over either, Granger or Bender, though.

How can you not see Croshere starting? He's started all of the preseason games except 1 and has played pretty well.........

Lord Helmet
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
The Sports Guy's comments on that game in his column.

A historic game. The Pacers were missing Artest, Miller, O'Neal, Jackson, Pollard, Foster, Bender, Croshere, Tinsley and Anthony Johnson. That's their entire 10-man rotation from training camp! Starting against the Clips: Eddie Gill, David Harrison, Britton Johnson and the Jones Brothers (Fred and James). Coming off the bench: Marcus Haislip (signed that day), Tremaine Fowlkes and Senator John Edwards. I will never see a worse NBA team in my lifetime.

And the Pacers almost WON that game!!! Down 2 at halftime, 6 after 3 quarters, before losing by 12.

http://www.nba.com/games/20041201/INDLAC/boxscore.html
:shudder:

Please don't make us remember it. :uhoh:

Man, what a horrible season. Just glad we can put it behind us.

Pig Nash
10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Croshere
JO
Artest
Jax
Tins

ChicagoJ
10-24-2005, 06:51 PM
JO
Croshere
Granger
SJax
Tinsley

Los Angeles
10-24-2005, 08:22 PM
JO
Croshere
Granger
SJax
Tinsley
Are you just convinced that Bird will finally respond to your thousands of emails and trade Artest this week?

Kegboy
10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Cabbage
Jesus Shuttlesworth (movie version, not board version)
Larry Bird
Moses Malone
Nazr Mohammed

ChicagoJ
10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Are you just convinced that Bird will finally respond to your thousands of emails and trade Artest this week?

I can dream, can't I?

:devil:

Believe_in_blue
10-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Croshere
JO
Artest
Jax
Tins
That would be mine. The only way I would change it is if a center became healthy, or if Rick took Cro out of preseason starting lineup.

PCC87
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
I would probably say:
Harrison
JO
Ronnie
SJax
Tins

Since86
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
How can you not see Croshere starting? He's started all of the preseason games except 1 and has played pretty well.........

Haven't been able to catch one single game yet, so the only thing I've got to go on is people's posts on here.

From what I can recall of those, it's been Cro has been his usual self. A healthy Bender gives more options than a healthy AC, IMO. And from what I hear about Granger, to me it seems like he's a better scorer and defender.

Austin's game isn't a starters. He's a sparkplug that brings added energy off the bench. I've never liked his roll starting, but then again I don't fill out the lineup card. :shrug:

Hicks
10-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Austin's game isn't a starters. He's a sparkplug that brings added energy off the bench. I've never liked his roll starting, but then again I don't fill out the lineup card. :shrug:

He seems to only play well when he IS starting, as I recall.

jcouts
10-25-2005, 01:31 PM
First Unit
Center - JO
PF - Granger
SF - Artest
SG - Jackson
PG - Tinsley

6th man
Bender

7th man
Croshere

Since86
10-25-2005, 01:39 PM
He seems to only play well when he IS starting, as I recall.

I didn't say that he played bad WHEN he started.

I said that I believe that his style of game is suited to come off the bench. It's not a knock on Austin. Some guys just serve better to come in the game later than others to give an energy boost. He does just that.

After playing 10mins, starters tend to lose emotional energy. When a bench player comes in and continually gives up his body on plays, it breaths a bit of fresh breath back into the other guys. He's the Pacers sparkplug player.

indytoad
10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Does JO ever start at center?

Walker
O'Neal
Artest
Jackson
Tinsley

IndyToad
Rum pum pum pum