PDA

View Full Version : Austin Croshere Appreciation Thread

Southside_Pacer
03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
I think Austin deserves a thread of his own, along with some applause. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

For the beginning of the fourth quarter, he was our offense. He stepped up and made a ton of big three point shots.

If it weren't for him at the beginning of the fourth quarter when nobody could score.... :uhoh:

Hicks
03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Austin was outstanding tonight. He deserves a chunk of Al Harrington's minutes.

Suaveness
03-24-2004, 11:17 PM

And Ron's, too. He plays too much, even though he is good. I think he can rest a bit more.

And this is for Austin, wherever you are: :dance:

Southside_Pacer
03-24-2004, 11:24 PM

And Ron's, too. He plays too much, even though he is good. I think he can rest a bit more.

And this is for Austin, wherever you are: :dance:

I'll give Austin more:

:dance: :pepper: :apple: :orange: :carrot: :mango: :pineapple: :cucumber: :rock:

Unclebuck
03-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Croshere was outstanding, i thought he was one of the only players in the first half who was aggressive.

But I don't agree that he should take any of Artest's or Harrington's minutes.

Millerartest
03-24-2004, 11:37 PM
How about giving him all of Pollard's minutes

ROCislandWarrior
03-24-2004, 11:51 PM

:rotflmao:

and how many minutes would that be?

ChicagoJ
03-25-2004, 12:26 AM

:rotflmao:

and how many minutes would that be?

Enough. Give him all five. Please.

Seriously, however, Croshere earned his salary tonight. Okay, maybe that's my Bill-Walton-egregious-exaggeration for the evening.

I thought Al and Tinsley were also outstanding tonight.

Peck
03-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Croshere was outstanding, i thought he was one of the only players in the first half who was aggressive.

:unimpressed:

Austin could score 40 rip down 20 & block 10 & you would still feel the same way.

Hey, I'm coming around on Foster. More games like he's played in the last week & I won't even be able to make the arguement for him having less playing time.

Five min. from Al & (would you possibly settle for) 3 min. from Ron & there are 8 more min. a game for Austin.

Given the time on the floor the guy produces & almost always does.

FireTheCoach
03-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Austin had a good game last night.

I just wish he would be productive more often.

Slick Pinkham
03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Croshere earned his salary tonight. Okay, maybe that's my Bill-Walton-egregious-exaggeration for the evening.

It was without a doubt the greatest performance in the long and storied history of western civilization, a performance that should lead the Pacers to have a statue erected in his honor, he displayed character and fortitude and, as my great mentor John Wooden says, he was quick but did not hurry, unlikely the dastardly Rasheed Wallace who is, like Bob Knight, a pox upon humankind (quick breath)...what a wonderful performance that will never be forgotten, and Larry Bird, my great Celtics teammate, is no doubt proud of all that Austin has achieved...

Ragnar
03-25-2004, 09:47 AM
We clearly need to give him all of Pollards minutes. I know they are not a lot but any time would help. I would also agree with giving him at least a few of Al's and maybe 2 or 3 of Rons just so Ron can rest a little more for the playoffs and give Cro a few more minutes a game.

Quick question Why is Pollard still playing at all. He clearly sucks and is not going to come arround. Put him on the injured list and activate Brewer for those sluggish nights when the Pacers need a shot of energy.

NewYawk
03-25-2004, 10:17 AM
When Croshere has a good game, people post appreciation threads.

When he has a bad one, people bemoan his contract and blame him (and Walsh) for the Pacers losing Brad Miller.

:rolleyes:

Austin Croshere is a fine player, and he will help us in thep layoffs.

Suaveness
03-25-2004, 11:13 AM

:unimpressed:

Austin could score 40 rip down 20 & block 10 & you would still feel the same way.

Hey, I'm coming around on Foster. More games like he's played in the last week & I won't even be able to make the arguement for him having less playing time.

Five min. from Al & (would you possibly settle for) 3 min. from Ron & there are 8 more min. a game for Austin.

Given the time on the floor the guy produces & almost always does.

I'd say more 4 and 4, but still, I think it would be well worth it. Add the 5 or so min Pollard plays, plus what he already plays, and you get about 15-17 min per game. Enough to produce.

The guy really does play hard all the time, and that is so important.

MagicRat
03-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Austin is a very rich man due to being clutch in big games:

Big Time performance in NCAA tournament gets him drafted by Pacers in a higher position than expected.

Big Time performance in NBA Finals gets him huge contract.

It's consistency that's been the problem.....

Snickers
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
I think Austin's increase in productivity [he's been playing solid ball for a while now] is not only a testament to his psychological improvement, but to Carlisle's knack for getting players to feel comfortable in their roles within the team system. He managed to adjust Tinsley's role within the team and get him comfortable with that role, and look at how good he is now. He's done the same with Artest, just look at how great he's been all season, in terms of production and minimal outbursts. And he's eased Austin into a very important role, and Austin's responding very well.

This is Austin's best season on this contract.

Thank you Rick, and thank you Austin! :dance: :dance: