PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Green possibly to the NBDL

Frank Slade
10-23-2005, 10:45 PM
"Rivers said he is still uncertain whether to send rookie shooting guard Gerald Green to the NBDL for a stint when that league's season opens."

-Boston Herald

I can't find a link but it's all over some the C's message boards.

Know obviously we knew this guy straight out of high school had very good raw talent. And may very well prove to be a great player someday.

However remember when Granger and Green were mentioned in the same circles as well as Joey Graham ..

sweabs
10-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey now, don't be dissing Joey Graham. He's gonna be a hell of a player.

Frank Slade
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey now, don't be dissing Joey Graham. He's gonna be a hell of a player.

Ok that was more of a side point but anyway. I liked Joey Graham but I loved what I had heard from Granger pre-draft.

Alot of people had Green very high on the mock draft

Pacers#1Fan
10-23-2005, 10:54 PM
I remember sitting there while the Pacers were on the clock thinking we were going to pick Gerald because he was still there and a lot of mock drafts had us picking him. Then I heard Granger's name and I was like "cool".

Jose Slaughter
10-23-2005, 11:29 PM
As long as they teach the kid to rebound in the DL I'm all for it.

sweabs
10-23-2005, 11:33 PM
As long as they teach the kid to rebound in the DL I'm all for it.

:laugh:

Yeah, and maybe throw in a block or two to make up for Camby right?

Believe_in_blue
10-24-2005, 01:27 AM
I remember sitting there while the Pacers were on the clock thinking we were going to pick Gerald because he was still there and a lot of mock drafts had us picking him. Then I heard Granger's name and I was like "cool".

At first (while we were on the clock) I actually want Green. I didn't know anything about Granger and I had heard all the hype surrounding Green. Now obivousally we defiently made the right choice.

Jose Slaughter
10-24-2005, 03:05 AM
:laugh:

Yeah, and maybe throw in a block or two to make up for Camby right?

I seem to have a hard time finding guards, or at least, keeping them. I let Ridnour go twice before I lost him for good.

Finding front court players has never been a problem for me. Now with a solid guard rotation of Kobe, Hinrich & Miller I can focus on my front court a little.

I got a little stronger in the backcourt & younger up front with that trade. With the guard depth that Gnome has I'm sure it helped him out a ton too.

317Kim
10-24-2005, 06:32 AM
At first (while we were on the clock) I actually want Green. I didn't know anything about Granger and I had heard all the hype surrounding Green. Now obivousally we defiently made the right choice.
I did the same thing. I was expecting to hear GERALD GREEN but when stern said DANNY GRANGER , I was like :-o heeey thats cool :D . He can sing too! Does anybody remember that DRAFT 05 commercial with Danny singin??

ABA Jay
10-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Chalk up another draft gem for the Pacers. However,does the fact that we got Granger at 17th seem like a conspiracy to anyone else?

Pacers#1Fan
10-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah, we payed all the other teams to not draft him and if some other team did draft him Larry was gonna send Ronnie and SJax in there to clean house.

Just playin', I don't think it was a conspiracy, I think it was ignorance by other teams and some luck and excellent scouting on the Pacers part.

317Kim
10-25-2005, 06:36 AM
Ignorance :nod: . Can't wait to play those teams! Danny said he had them marked on his calendar!!

Kaufman
10-25-2005, 07:09 AM
That'll mean about 50% of all of his games will be marked :))

Diesel
10-25-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't remember many people putting Granger and Green into the same catagory as players right now. Most scouts believed that he was very raw but had the potential to be the best player in the draft. Granger on the other hand was expected to contribute right away

Kaufman
10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Diesel,

Don't ruin the opportunity for these good people to revel in the fortunes of a good draft pick.

Thank you.
Kaufman.

FreshPrince22
10-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Gerald Green is and always has been a project-player. I don't think anyone thought he would be good right away (At least people who know anything). The reason people thought of him as a top-5 type pick is because they think he has the most potential of almost anyone in the draft. Granger is an isntant-impact guy with a lower ceiling.

Pacers#1Fan
10-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Granger will be making people say Pippen who by the end of his career. Mark my words.

Anthem
10-25-2005, 11:17 PM
and then ill be like"....Scottie...SCOTTIE Pippen...he played for the bulls in the nineties and won 6 rings with Jordan...i cant believe u dont remember the guy"

Yeah, that response is just about perfect.