PDA

View Full Version : Great second half by the Pacers

Unclebuck
03-25-2004, 12:04 AM
I was so disgusted with about 4 minutes to go in the first half, the pacers defense to that point was terrible, they allowed the Mavs to get any shot they wanted, but then things changed, and the Pacers defense got a lot better for the last few minutes of the first half and then in the second half it got even better.

Sean Elliot said it was the most physical game he has seen all season. In a way I know what he is saying, with all the T's and flagrant fouls and all the bodies on the floor it seemed really physical.

Mavs defense for the most part was pretty good tonight, although their help defense is poor.

Certainly AL, Ronnie, and Jeff kept the Pacers in the game and lead them to the great 3rd quarter, but without Reggie and Croshere hitting some huge shots Pacers don't win this game.

Croshere was outstanding, he seems to play his best in the 4th quarter of close games. His defense and rebounding were good. Yes I am complimenting his defense.

Nice win tonight, the Mavs wanted this game and they played hard.

One note: when I found out that David Stern was in the crowd, I knew the refs would, try to control the game, and then when I saw the three refs I knew it would be a strangley called ame, luckily it seemed to work in the Pacers favor.

Suaveness
03-25-2004, 12:09 AM
I said before, defense is going to win games. Defense defense defense. If we play defense the way we are capable, we can beat ANYONE in the league. THIS is the type of intensity that has been missing for quite sometime. Great second half. Fantastic.

And game ball goes to Croshere. And I reiterate my point that he really needs to play more.

Southside_Pacer
03-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm totally with you UB on the Pacers defense in the first half. A great word to describe the defensive effort was pathetic. As Elliot said he was surprised that the Pacers seemed to be just going through the motions. Dallas' set players were working, and 22 out of their first 30 points in the first quarter came in the paint.

It was also very discouraging to see all the mini runs we gave up at the end of quarters. That totally takes away any positive momentum we could have had in this game.

The Carlisle technical was when things really started to pick up defensively. Artest really started to "play" and things really picked up for us on both ends of the court.

At least we didn't give up over 100 because in the first half it sure looked like they could have scored 120 tonight. :unimpressed:

Great game by Croshere tonight!

Anthem
03-25-2004, 01:34 AM
I missed the first half.

That being said, I didn't think that the officiating favored the Pacers. There were three distinct plays that kept me looking for flagrants/technicals, to no avail:

1. Shawn Bradley's takedown of Freddy Jones.
2. Shawn Bradley's hit to Austin Croshere's head.
3. Jamison's body-check of Al Harrington to stop the clock.

I know he's done a lot to deserve his reputation, but I kept watching the fouls and saying "If that was Ron Artest...."

Last year, Ronnie got flagrants for lesser versions of all three of those plays.

pacerchic
03-25-2004, 09:49 AM
I really couldn't tell what was happening on the floor from my seat in the raftors......what the hell happened to Shawn Bradley? Looked like some dirty plays to me. I've never really thought about him that way.

And what sent Scott Williams over the edge? Was there just alot of trash talking or what? I was terrified that Artest would somehow get inolved in the technical/flagrant circus that was going on. I'm proud of him from refraining.

I thought the flagrant on Tinsley was kind of humerous.....do you guys agree with that call? Didn't look that bad from where I was sitting.

Not to beat the proverbial dead horse, but if our team had 5 techs/flagrants called against us, ESPN would be all over us like cheese on a pizza. From what I've seen so far, there is barely any mention of Dallas' tech-a-thon. :unimpressed:

Ragnar
03-25-2004, 10:49 AM
I thought the flagrant on Tinsley was kind of humerous.....do you guys agree with that call? Didn't look that bad from where I was sitting.

Yes that was quite the call Bradley elbows him in the face and he gets a flagrant :unimpressed: . I think the league will rescind that one.