PDA

View Full Version : New JO Shox

18to88
10-20-2005, 11:24 PM
http://www.finishline.com/store/global/promos/nike_jermaineoneal.html

They look alright, I love the JO7 logo though, I have that on a shirt.

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/promos/nike_jermaineoneal/jermaineoneal_1.jpg
http://www.finishline.com/store/images/promos/nike_jermaineoneal/jermaineoneal_2.jpg

18to88
10-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Watch the commercial to on the link (picture links wont work).

Jermaniac
10-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I would get me some but I hate Shox

Pacers#1Fan
10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
The new symbol is sweet.

18to88
10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
The new symbol is sweet.

It's not new, been around since atleast last year. It was weird, the only place they had that shirt was at the Finish Line up at 116th and Keystone in Carmel.

reggieonly
10-20-2005, 11:52 PM
:thumbup: Good stuff. I :love: the COMMERCIAL---YOU NEED SUM HELP OUTTHERE? Also the logo & shoes are NICE. but.....not 4 gurls.:(

hoopburners
10-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Nice logo.

jrm7one
10-21-2005, 12:39 AM
thought i'd share- finish line gave me this poster when I got last year's shox. some stores will give you the promotional stuff when they're done with it if you ask, otherwise they just toss it. gotta be the most comfortable shoes i've ever put on my feet i might add.

jrm7one
10-21-2005, 12:41 AM
edit - had to repost bc the picture was so big

banners hang from the floor to the ceiling... had to seperate them to show off the huge logo ive got painted on my wall as well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/jon31rm/DSCF08442.jpg

GO!!!!!
10-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Thats Tight my Homie....

Awesome stuff

Nice Wall... and glad to hear the shoes are good, might have to get myself a pair come mid-season

pizza guy
10-21-2005, 12:53 AM
The shoes are alright, but I've never spent that much on shoes. It's just not how we do things I guess. I think the shoes I have now were $60, and probably the most expensive pair I've ever had.

The logo is nice though, I hadn't seen that before.

MagicRat
10-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah, the logo isn't new. It's clearly visible on the tongue of Kegboy's Shox Elites........

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/images/kegboy2.jpg

Kaufman
10-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Um, I would get some but they're ugly.

IllWill
10-21-2005, 02:47 AM
They are ok but anybody seen the new Iverson IX? I havent seen it in person but I have heard that you turn a dial on the shoe and walk 5 steps and it inflates a cushion around the foot or something. Sounded prett neat.

317Kim
10-21-2005, 06:10 AM
:thumbup: Good stuff. I :love: the COMMERCIAL---YOU NEED SUM HELP OUTTHERE? Also the logo & shoes are NICE. but.....not 4 gurls.:(

I agree with everything except the last thing :( . I'd wear em plus my bday is comin up so I know what's gonna be on my bday list :D . THAT SYMBOL IS FIRE!!!! :D

travmil
10-21-2005, 09:22 AM
The shoes are alright, but I've never spent that much on shoes. It's just not how we do things I guess. I think the shoes I have now were $60, and probably the most expensive pair I've ever had.

Somehow, I always talked my mom into buying me expensive shoes like that when I was in school. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have never even asked. The Saucony running shoes I'm wearing now were on sale at DSW, normally $149, they were priced half off of that. Then I waited on their sale and picked them up for 70% less than the sale price. They ended up costing me $22.

That said, I do like the new JO's, but I'll never spend that much on a pair of shoes again.

BTW jrm7one, that is one sweet poster.

travmil
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah, the logo isn't new. It's clearly visible on the tongue of Kegboy's Shox Elites........

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/images/kegboy2.jpg

:laugh: Excellent work as always MR!

Fool
10-21-2005, 09:47 AM
"Nike Shox ruined Vince Carter's career!!!"

Every time I see a pair of Shox it reminds me of a couple years back on some message board I don't frequent anymore when some guy/girl went on a 10 page rant about how Vince Carter's ankle injuries were directly attributable to the way Nike Shox are constructed. He/She sounded somewhat educated for a ranting message board user and had all kinds of (what sounded like reasearched) statement about how the Shox were contructed to absorb direct pressure (from your foot landing parallel to the floor surface) better then average sneakers but that their individuated absorbers (the Shox themselves) were dramatically less efficient (then normal sneakers) at absorbing contact shock from angled pressure (coming down with your foot partially cocked or on the side of your foot, like you do when you "roll" an ankle). She had this analogy of proping your matress on its side and trying sleeping on it that way. He/She said the high frequency of non-parallel landings involved in being an active basketball player (read, non-big man)resulted in Carters ankles and knees having to absorb more impact then they would if he wore more ordinary sneakers and meant that instances such as even slightly "rolling" his ankle was more of a dramatic impact on his joints then with non-Shox-wearing players.

Anyway, it was entertaining.

circlecitysportsfan
10-21-2005, 09:58 AM

I remember when i was in the sixth grade my mom bought me a pair of $80 Air Raids. When I got home I showed them to my Dad and he threw a fit and made me take them back. I thought he was the meanest old man ever (which is true) Now looking back, I would never pay that much for shoes, hell i'm wearing a $30 pair of Reebox right now. The JO's are nice though, I should ask the Ol Lady for a Pair for Christmas with a Jersey to match.

Romsey31
10-21-2005, 10:21 AM
SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I'm gonna order mines TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Romsey31
10-21-2005, 10:22 AM
I remember when i was in the sixth grade my mom bought me a pair of $80 Air Raids. When I got home I showed them to my Dad and he threw a fit and made me take them back. I thought he was the meanest old man ever (which is true) Now looking back, I would never pay that much for shoes, hell i'm wearing a $30 pair of Reebox right now. The JO's are nice though, I should ask the Ol Lady for a Pair for Christmas with a Jersey to match.
a BIT cheap arent we? :D

8.9_seconds
10-21-2005, 03:44 PM
JRM7, your room is sick. Are those like fusible...things...what is the word I am looking for. Anyway that is awesome, I was thinking about doing something like that in my basement, sadly all I have is a homemade hand glittered reggie collage....:frown:

EDIT: Decals! Thats the word!

ajbry
10-21-2005, 09:25 PM
It must be just me, but the first thing I thought was, "Damn, that is one ugly logo."