PDA

View Full Version : Pacers.com} QOD 10/20/05......Should Tinsley try to score more?

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Good Question. Good Answer

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I thought this was a interesting question.

I dont think JT needs to look to score more at all. I have always thoght he needs to make sure he is a threat that is respected, esp. from behind that 3 point line. I would esp. like to see him get to the point where he can pump fake and drinve in for penetration, and even kick out to another open teammate for a open shot.

Exactly, he has to make sure the Defense knows he CAN score. Thus forcing them to tie up a defender on him.

Wasn't he doing that last year.

Kaufman
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Remember back to the late 80's, showtime and all? There was a fantastic statistic about the win/loss ratio when Magic scored more than 20 points in a game for the Lakers. I think they had worse than a 25% win/loss ratio. I think the same type of rational will apply to the Pacers. Tins only needs to score if the rest of the team isn't filling it up. At which, we'll probably lose anyways, but Tins scoring might be like a last stop kind of thing. Otherwise, Tins needs to do what point guards traditionally do, distribute.

Anthem
10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Somebody explain this to me, cuz I don't understand.

Tinsley, at 37% from three, is "not a primary threat." But Saras is a "pure shooter" at 39%.

Tinsley shot a great percentage last season before his injury.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 03:57 PM
First impressions. Our first impression of TInsley wasn't a shooting threat and that has haunted him. I mean around the rest of hte league Freddie isn't considered a long range threat either.