PDA

View Full Version : Which U2 song best sums up the Pacers upcoming season?

ChicagoJ
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I think UB has already picked "Beautiful Day" just for Ronnie's reappearnace.

I hear that bball was going to dedicate "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" to JO.

Out of Control - 'nuff said

Sunday Bloody Sunday - if the song were Friday Bloody Friday it would've been perfect for last season.

With or Without You - with this team, you just never know.

Miami - Shaq, Wade, Walker, Williams, etc. It ain't gonna be a walk in the park, even if we do keep focused.

Since you-know-who seems really determined to repeat everything Rodman did, can a wedding dress be far off?

Love Is Blindness - isn't that what I basically read in the SI article?

Bad - Desperation, dislocation, separation, condemnation, revelation, in temptation, isolation, desolation; Let it go and so to find away.

A Day Without Me - only the U2 diehards will even know what this song is, but the title sure worked nicely.

Bullet the Blue Sky - such a great song, I couldn't ignore it. But even *I* don't expect these guys to open fire on anyone...

Suaveness
10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Playboy Mansion

Bball
10-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Sunday Bloody Sunday - if the song were Friday Bloody Friday it would've been perfect for last season.

Weren't the suspensions announced (or at least leaked) on a Sunday last season?

If so... for last season "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is apropo.

Where's "I Will Follow"?

"Pride"?

"New Year's Day"?

-Bball

SoupIsGood
10-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Man I can't stand U2

Harmonica
10-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Man I can't stand U2

What?! Are you out of your mind?! They're the greatest pop band ever, duuude! Just kidding. I don't like 'em either. I especially can't stand Bono's infernal caterwauling.

Kaufman
10-20-2005, 01:19 AM
I do happen to think they are the greatest pop band ever, sans the last 5 years.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for (NBA championship).

Diamond Dave
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
U2 SSSUUUUCCKKKKSSSSS!!!!!!!

Thats right, I said it.

bmac
10-20-2005, 01:21 AM
What?! Are you out of your mind?! They're the greatest pop band ever, duuude! Just kidding. I don't like 'em either. I especially can't stand Bono's infernal caterwauling.

Yeah, U2 can't hold a candle to the awesome stuff coming out of FM radio nowadays.

Those pop divas like Britney and Mariah really can sing AND their songs just like have so much substance to them too like.

ChicagoJ
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
I added I Will Follow, in honor of Stephen "Hothead" Jackson.

Frank Slade
10-20-2005, 01:30 AM
I added I Will Follow, in honor of Stephen "Hothead" Jackson.

I dont get it ?:confused:

Mourning
10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
I will Follow (into the stands) .... is what he meant ;).

I chose A Beautifull Day, but why is One not amongst the choices?

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Frank Slade
10-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Jay you really needed to Add "Stuck in a Moment" I think that is the title

This goes out to all those poor souls who are still stuck on Nov. 19 2004.

Believe_in_blue
10-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Beautiful Day is the only song I've ever heard. They play in the Dome after the Colts win. So I stuck with it.

Arcadian
10-20-2005, 02:25 AM
I believe The Velvet Underground's Lady Godiva's Operation will best sum up the Pacemates season.

ChicagoJ
10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Jay you really needed to Add "Stuck in a Moment" I think that is the title

This goes out to all those poor souls who are still stuck on Nov. 19 2004.

A fine point; added.

I also put Walk On... the title doesn't make much sense on the surface, but for those of you that compare Ron to Aung San Suu Kyi, this might be an excellent choice. http://www.freeburmacoalition.org/

I didn't include most of U2's more spiritual work (One, Gloria, Vertigo, All Because of You, Streets, Pride, Wake up Dead Man, etc.), although for those of us that think basketball season is Heaven-on-Earth, maybe I should've. And I added I Will Follow, which, other than "40" and Gloria, is about as blatantly "spiritual" as any mainstream-rock song ever. Besides, I think we've got plenty of choices.

Fool
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
I will Follow (into the stands) .... is what he meant ;).

I chose A Beautifull Day, but why is One not amongst the choices?

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Who would be playing "Jesus to the lepers in your head". I would think that that song fits better for last season. "You ask me to enter and then you make me crawl" would be addressed at Stern. "I can't keep holding on to what you've got, when all you've got is hurt" would be from those fans who finally called it quits on Artest. Though "too late tonight to bring the past out into the light" would work for this season (not last season at all, as Reggie flourished). "We've got to carry each other" is rather atemporal.

I like U2 but I wouldn't classify their newer stuff as "good". Stuck in a Moment is horrendous. The lines that go "You've got to get yourself together" sound like they were written as a jingle for a Zanex commercial.

Harmonica
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, U2 can't hold a candle to the awesome stuff coming out of FM radio nowadays.

Those pop divas like Britney and Mariah really can sing AND their songs just like have so much substance to them too like.

Well, if that's your measuring stick, then I suppose U2 is great.

SoupIsGood
10-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Any music enthusiast want to create a "Which Chris Cornell song will best describe..." thread? (Please? :) ) I would, but I'm not overly familar with Soundgarden.....

ChicagoJ
10-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Oooohhh!! I'd vote for "Fell on Black Days"!!

:rain:

SoupIsGood
10-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Oooohhh!! I'd vote for "Fell on Black Days"!!

:rain:

Make the poll and I will too. :D

Or just give me a link to SG's best songs or something... I have a feeling I would really do them wrong if I tried to list the best songs.

ChicagoJ
10-21-2005, 12:58 AM
I've got A Sides on CD somewhere around here... eh, just look up that disc on Amazon.com. That's got all their radio songs and I'm not really a big enough fan to comment on their non-radio tracks.

SoupIsGood
10-21-2005, 01:01 AM
I've got A Sides on CD somewhere around here... eh, just look up that disc on Amazon.com. That's got all their radio songs and I'm not really a big enough fan to comment on their non-radio tracks.

Thanks... that CD sounds like something I should look at buying. :cool:

McClintic Sphere
10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Where the Streets have no Name (i.e. Heaven)

Dr Huxtable
10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
I LOVE U2. :D

I'm hoping it's Beautiful Day.

Also, another song that could be on there is "To Hearts Beat As One".