PDA

View Full Version : Who can we get for Tinsley/DH?

Jon Theodore
10-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Who can we get for Tinsley/DH or TInsley and any one of our worthless bigs.

For starters, trading Tinsley at this point just seems like the obvious thing to do. He is a scoring point guard basically. In his rookie year you would of thought he would be an amazing pass first PG. But as is game has developed he has turned into a Stephon Marbury type as someone mentioned.

Lots of teams would love the offensive skills Tinsley brings. I would say he has rather high trade value.

Sarunas can only get better if you ask me, he's been doing so for a while now. I think the Pacers players all NEED to adapt to sarunas style. It may take half a season or a year, but it will be worth it. Sarunas has got at least 4-5 solid years in him I believe. Our window of opportunity is RIGHT now. Sure we've got a promising future also, but really we're better off now than we've EVER been.

Even with what this team has, we do not need a solid PG. I would think we'd be better off with the PG being our weakest spot comparatively to our Center spot We just need a guy to get the ball to sjack or ron, they could both "run" the offense so to speak. And Sjack/Jermaine/Ron are all outstanding one on one players. Isolating any one of these guys on MOST nights works.

Don't forget we have Anthony Johnson and Eddie GIll. A lot of people hate Eddie Gill, but as a third string even, he is solid. Anthony Johnson is the best backup PG in the game, well last year he was. This year Sarunas might take that role.

But it just seems obvious to me to trade Tinsley. He has the highest value of our guards besides Sjack. Unless Freddy is more sought after than I am assuming.

Just curious who could we even consider getting for either just straight up Tinsley or Tinsley/A big. We don't need an all-star caliber player or anything like that. If we could get someone like Udonis Haslem (yeah hes not a center) that would fit well for us.

Sidenote: I think in 2 years Ron Artest will be the face of the Pacers. What he has shown so far is more promise than ever. He is only getting better.

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
NO

Frank Slade
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Base Year contract player = No trade even with our trade exemption we would be getting the shaft...:rolleyes:

beast23
10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
He is a scoring point guard basically

Huh?

I'm not exactly a Tinsley fan, but even I wouldn't call him a "scoring" PG. He's a PG who needs the ball in his hands, no doubt.

I believe that Tinsley strikes a good balance between looking for his own opportunities and distributing to teammates.... except on the rare occassion when he gets caught up in one of his personal competitions against his defender.

I've been as excited as anyone about the acquisition of Saras. Hoever, it's far too early to get all warm and wiggly over Saras' performance thus far. I believe it will take him a few months to get fully adjusted to playing in the NBA and with his new teammates.

So let's down't jump the gun on Tinsley just yet. We need him.

ABA Jay
10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
No what? At this point, Tinsley probably has his highest trade value of his career .

Lord Helmet
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Too even think about trading Tinsley is not that smart right now.

Sarunas is a rookie, Tinsley is a vet who knows our offense better. It would be the dumbest thing ever to just hand over the starting PG position to him at the start of the season.

Trade Harrison?

Then we'd have uh......how many Centers?

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
No what? At this point, Tinsley probably has his highest trade value of his career .

Refer to the aboe BYC post....

317Kim
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
NO

NO!

317Kim
10-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Tins and Hulk are needed here!!!!

ABA Jay
10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
All depends on what you can get for Tinsley.

jmoney2584
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
what a terrible terrible idea, can we get a gallow for this man?

BlueNGold
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
NO WAY YOU TRADE HULK. NO WAY YOU TRADE TINSLEY...AT LEAST YET. I would like to see Sarunas do well, but he is not ready to start....and may never be ready.

Sollozzo
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
NO

I'm just curiuos. Would you trade David Harrison straight up for Shaquille O'Neal or Yao Ming?

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm just curiuos. Would you trade David Harrison straight up for Shaquille O'Neal or Yao Ming?

:sad:

no comment

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Tinsley is great and all, but I wouldn't lose my marbles if we let him go. But only if we knew for certain we didn't need him. I'm more pissed we let JJ go than if we let Tins go tomorrow.

Frank Slade
10-19-2005, 05:55 PM
:sad:

no comment
:console:

Naptown Seth
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Tinsley's one of the most well-rounded point guard's in the league. His overall production would be very hard to replace, and thus there's no need to even bother trying. The only thing to worry about with Tinsley is health. If he stays healthy, he's of near All-Star quality.

317Kim
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Yup! All Star indeed he had that stretch where he had 20+ pts and then shot 5 of 8 3's vs Rockets when we beat em by 13 or something..

Ragnar
10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Can we trade you instead.

I swear if they trade Tinsley now after all these years of dreaming of having two pass first point guards my head would explode.

And to call him a scoring pg is very strange. Yes he did score last year when J.O. Ron and Jack were all suspended. But that was because he had to not because he wanted to.

317Kim
10-19-2005, 06:30 PM
trade me? :confused:

and Tins is like that! he only scores when needed like when he had 33 vs the Bulls last year...he's valuable to us at this point so dont trade him!

Jermaniac
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
This guy by far has the dumbest posts, Tins a shoot first PG? Bender should teach JO how to play basketball? Crazy

GO!!!!!
10-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't think we should.. but it was a nice idea none the less....

DisplacedKnick
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Trade Tinsley?

Uh, someone obviously didn't watch the playoffs last year ...

Jon Theodore
10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok it makes sense not to trade him because of the base value contract thing.

And ya'll need to get over your DH obsessions. Ever since I saw him on real world and knowing he was good friends with "MJ" I have not cared for him at all, so thats a personal thing. Also I have an issue with him not being able to get rebounds and he in general just appears to be a slacker. You don't usually change slackers.

And obviously this trade only goes down if we get a BIG guy in return.

So yeah my post didn't make sense due to the contractual facts I was unaware of.

So I guess we need to try to send Fred/A big out for a more solid/productive big.

Everyone knows we got to do something, i'm just throwing out an idea. And the comment I made about Bender teaching JO was clearly a joke.

Some of you all take this message board wayyyy to serious, chill out people.

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 07:55 PM
:lmao:

PacerSteelerChick
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
OK I think we should trade Tinsley. I'm sorry, IMO, I just don't see the big deal with him. There are so many better PGs out there. I mean it's pretty bad when your PG has the most TOs on the team. It's ridiculous. I just think our PG should be more developed. Plus, the way Sarunas is playing, it looks like he is going to be a great additional PG for this team. Possibly the starter. I know that there's going to be a bunch of people who disagree with me, but sorry! It's just my opinion.

Jon Theodore
10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
OK I think we should trade Tinsley. I'm sorry, IMO, I just don't see the big deal with him. There are so many better PGs out there. I mean it's pretty bad when your PG has the most TOs on the team. It's ridiculous. I just think our PG should be more developed. Plus, the way Sarunas is playing, it looks like he is going to be a great additional PG for this team. Possibly the starter. I know that there's going to be a bunch of people who disagree with me, but sorry! It's just my opinion.

will you marry me? I mean whats your favorite Jerome Bettis?

I mean whats your screen name girl.

If we met we'd fall in love instantly.

Jermaniac
10-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Look who she got in her avatar, she isnt your type.

317Kim
10-19-2005, 08:55 PM

:laugh:

grace
10-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't think we can trade Tinsley until we're sure that the new dude can really make it in the NBA. I've never wanted to trade Tinsley. Now that he can't wear jeans and a t-shirt to games I say he stays a Pacer for life!

Jermaniac
10-19-2005, 09:36 PM
No more T-Shirts with Underdog and Gargamel on them :(

Unclebuck
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Here is what I wrote earlier today on Saras.

Anyone else just wish the Pacers would give the ball to Saras and turn him lose a little. I don't know if he is capable of being a starting point guard in the NBA for a 50 plus win team, but I do know he is going to struggle being a backup. For him to be most successful he needs to be given a team to run, those are his strengths, that is what he is good at. I'm convinced of it."

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-19-2005, 09:53 PM
As for DH - I'm not on the bandwagon. I haven't seen enough of him yet I suppose. But he doesn't make my spidy sense tingle or anything.

Jon Theodore
10-19-2005, 10:02 PM

HAHAHA. First time i've laughed out loud on these boards.

PacerSteelerChick
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
:confused:

Anthem
10-19-2005, 10:54 PM
If we were looking at players to trade for, those are two players I wouldn't touch. Yeah, we have plenty of point guards, but don't trade our best one! And if we don't have enough centers, why trade Harrison? It makes the most sense to make sure we trade a forward. That's where we're overloaded.

I'd be willing to do any trade at all that moved a combo of Pollard, Croshere, Bender, AJ, and Gill if it brought back a decent center and made financial sense.

EDIT: If JB keeps healthy for half a season and the league believes he's legit, could we do something like Bender, Croshere, AJ, an unprotected first, and $3mil for Magloire and PJ Brown?

Roaming Gnome
10-19-2005, 11:07 PM
I don't know what all the rave is about when it comes to Sarunas? I've been to the 3 pre-season games and the guy had a glimmer of greatness in one game last week,but got turn-styled on defense everytime he played. He is NOT READY to bump off Tinsley in any way, shape, form, or fashion!!!

grace
10-19-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't know what all the rave is about when it comes to Sarunas? I've been to the 3 pre-season games and the guy had a glimmer of greatness in one game last week,but got turn-styled on defense everytime he played. He is NOT READY to bump off Tinsley in any way, shape, form, or fashion!!!

You've been talking to Kegboy haven't you.

ChicagoJ
10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Trade Tinsley and Harrison ...

Wow. No thank you.

The two hardest positions to fill on an NBA roster are PG and C. With those two, the Pacers have long-term starters locked up.

They may or may not be all-stars, but you don't have to have allstars at those positions to succeed. I can't think of a better pass-first PG for the Pacers that is actually attainable, and I can't think of a better back-to-the-basket center for the Pacers that is available.

Here's the best I can do for a compliment these days: Those would be the first two players I'd take off my "trade the whole damn team for 15 new players" list.

:D

Kstat
10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
:lurk:

Destined4Greatness
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
When you think Tinsley is a scoring PG, and would make a good pass first game. You need to just lurk for a while and learn what the hell each player is.

Jermaniac
10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Dont trade anyone in the rotation (yet)

You can trade AJ if you want I dont care

Unclebuck
10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Perhaps I need to make it clear. I am not raving about Saras and I have no idea if he'll ever be better or even as good as Tinsley. My point is all of Saras' best characteristics as a player are best utilized as the starting point guard. I say the same thing about Tinsley. He needs to be given a team to run also. I don't think either will be a very good backup point guard.

Frank Slade
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Dont trade Tinsley ..................................(yet)

Dont trade Harrisson

Dont trade Artest

fixed ;)

Destined4Greatness
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Dont trade Tinsley

Dont trade Harrisson

Dont trade Artest..................................(ever)

Fixed it.

Kegboy
10-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow, 46 posts and nobody's quoted Billy Madison yet.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You're falling down on the job, people!

Will Galen
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM

What's the point of asking an impossibility? Everyone knows those two are better than David.

Pacers#1Fan
10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
HELL NO!

Pacers#1Fan
10-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Who can we get for Tinsley/DH or TInsley and any one of our worthless bigs.You so crazy.

Jon Theodore
10-19-2005, 11:49 PM
All of our bigs are worthless, bigs being centers.

You all can give me that DH potential crap, whatever. As far as I'm concerned DH is garbage. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

The DH loving on this board is insane.

This team is about Ron/Jax/JO/Granger....those are the 4 players I say can't be touched. If i'm coach I will be looking at moving any other players for a solid center to fit into that starting lineup.

I love Tinsley to death by the way. But he almost got us beat by the celtics this year in the playoffs. And it seems like EVERYTIME his man beats him on offense, he immediately has to "prove" himself and go do some street move. When he actually succeeds I jump out of my chair and I absolutely LOVE Tinsley. But more often than not he just turns it over.

Pacers#1Fan
10-19-2005, 11:55 PM
All of our bigs are worthless, bigs being centers.

You all can give me that DH potential crap, whatever. As far as I'm concerned DH is garbage. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

The DH loving on this board is insane.

This team is about Ron/Jax/JO/Granger....those are the 4 players I say can't be touched. If i'm coach I will be looking at moving any other players for a solid center to fit into that starting lineup.

I love Tinsley to death by the way. But he almost got us beat by the celtics this year in the playoffs. And it seems like EVERYTIME his man beats him on offense, he immediately has to "prove" himself and go do some street move. When he actually succeeds I jump out of my chair and I absolutely LOVE Tinsley. But more often than not he just turns it over.I take it you're not a Bender fan.

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 11:56 PM
:lmao: He can't be serious....... can he

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Joke Account

Kegboy
10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
The Cabbage loving on this board is insane.

Fixed. ;)

Funny how you're knocking one guy's potential while you're ready to hand the keys to the team to someone who's only played 4 up-and-down preseason games.

BlueNGold
10-20-2005, 12:14 AM
EVERYTIME [Tinsley's] his man beats him on offense, he immediately has to "prove" himself
Here is the only thing I could find valid in that post.

Jon Theodore
10-20-2005, 12:30 AM
You guys are right, my bad. Lets keep this lineup and see what happens when we play the heat in the playoffs(and tinsley is injured since it is the playoffs).

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 12:45 AM
You guys are right, my bad. Lets keep this lineup and see what happens when we play the heat in the playoffs(and tinsley is injured since it is the playoffs).

Well by that logic.\

We should trade O'Neal
The Heat should trade O'Neal and Wade
The Bulls were CORRECT in trading Curry
ETC

Jon Theodore
10-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Im not saying trade tinsley based solely on his playoff performance.

But i know now why it is not a good idea, due to his contract.

And Tinsley is always out usually because he just breaks down. Shaq and Wade both had seperate injuries that were actually real unfortunate situations that occured. Unlike Tinsley who is magically always injured.

Tinsley just can't last a season. Shaq/Wade just got hurt at bad times.

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Wait Tinsley's Injury wasn't a real situation. OOH well since it was imaginary. I am done with you, your a joke.

CableKC
10-20-2005, 01:26 AM
I would think that Freddie would be more of a trade candidate before Tinsley.

317Kim
10-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Fixed. ;)

Funny how you're knocking one guy's potential while you're ready to hand the keys to the team to someone who's only played 4 up-and-down preseason games.

:thumbup: Nice use of a screwdriver..or should I say keyboard??

P.S.- DONT TRADE FRED!!!!

Jon Theodore
10-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Wait Tinsley's Injury wasn't a real situation. OOH well since it was imaginary. I am done with you, your a joke.

Tinsleys injury was the same thing as always, lack of being properly conditioned. He always breaks down.

Shaq got hit in the thigh by Jermaine and if I remember correctly Wade sat out 1 game because of his ribs or something. (it escapes me at the moment)

Point being you do not expect wade/shaq to be out in the playoffs.

You expect it with Tinsley, if you didn't understand the point i was trying to make your a joke. You people can play all the word games you want, it's not hard to figure out what i was getting at.

But I agree Freddy is a much better candidate, even though that leaves us with basically no "real" backup SG.

There, now someone can make some stupid *** comment about me using the world "real"

Destined4Greatness
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
:thumbup: Nice use of a screwdriver..or should I say keyboard??

<B>P.S.- DONT TRADE FRED!!!!</B>

Can I get a hell YEAH

Frank Slade
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
This is Jonk...

You have manged to select the two players that we cannot possibly get equal value( as far as the Pacers are concerned) even if we tried.

Tinsley- Base Year Player
Harrison- Second Year on Rookie Contract

Not to mention both missed part of the year injured.
Also factor in supply and demand. after the number of
PG rookie's were drafted this year in addtion to the sizeable amount of Veteran Starting PG or combo guards.

How many teams really are in need of a Starting PG over who they have ?

Anthem
10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Tinsleys injury was the same thing as always, lack of being properly conditioned. He always breaks down.

Point being you do not expect wade/shaq to be out in the playoffs.

Tinsley always breaks down, but not because of conditioning. His conditioning over the last two years was pretty good. How much conditioning can you do on your foot, anyway?

And we've owned Miami for a while. I'm not sure they got better.

kerosene
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
PacerMan, please keep it civil. Thanks.