PDA

View Full Version : Catch Sportscenter tonight? (Darko)

FreshPrince22
10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
In case you didnt. Check it out...

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=151R0SBOXSR052MIKPL11S83KA

What do you guys think? :rockon2:

BTW, is there an "around the league" forum on here? Or is this where the only NBA section? I couldn't decide where to post this.

kerosene
10-19-2005, 04:54 AM
The Pacers forum serves that purpose as well. I believe we had one for a while but it wasn't used very much and a good deal of us here are Pacers fans in particular but also NBA in general so it's convienent for us to have all of the professional basketball related posts in one place. I haven't seen the video yet, I'm almost afraid to ask... hrm.

sweabs
10-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Wow, thanks! Darko is the greatest! He abused...Desagana Diop!

Do you have any good Jason Maxiell videos from preseason?

Stryder
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
How was that impressive?

Darko is 7 feet tall; that dunk is something he should be doing on a REGULAR basis.

I do not get impressed by people doing things that should be normal for them.

waxman
10-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Better not read VT's post about his most recent bowel movement, then....

LOL!

btown...makin' an early run for the Most Humorous Poster award.... he's out of the gates in a hurry folks.

Kstat
10-19-2005, 01:31 PM
How was that impressive?

Darko is 7 feet tall; that dunk is something he should be doing on a REGULAR basis.

I do not get impressed by people doing things that should be normal for them.

TO clarify, 7-footers do not typically blow by people off the dribble from the top of the key and dunk on them. Even fewer are able to do it with their off-hand.

It was still a bad idea to post this here, FP22, just FYI. Darko's a punch line. Unless he drops 50 on somebody, he's always going to have that rep.

Since86
10-19-2005, 01:36 PM
TO clarify, 7-footers do not typically blow by people off the dribble from the top of the key and dunk on them. Even fewer are able to do it with their off-hand.

It was still a bad idea to post this here, FP22, just FYI. Darko's a punch line. Unless he drops 50 on somebody, he's always going to have that rep.

Off-hand? Isn't he left handed?

He really didn't blow by Diop. Yes it was over him, but he was playing D the whole time.

Yes, he's always going to have that reputation until he proves something during the season continously. Just like fans are going to hold Bender to the rep of him being injury-prone. It's not like we're being unfair to Darko, just because he's a Piston.

Kstat
10-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Off-hand? Isn't he left handed?

Yeah, and if you noticed he drove to his right.

To his credit, Darko's leading the NBA in blocks right now. It's only preseason, but I still see that as a positive. He's a really big guy, and he runs as well as any 7-footer in the NBA. His defense is ready, offensively he's still a work in progress.

Since86
10-19-2005, 01:41 PM

Figured you were talking about the dunk being off-handed, considering it followed the dunk aspect and not the drive. :shrug:

sweabs
10-19-2005, 02:02 PM

To his credit, Darko's leading the NBA in blocks right now. It's only preseason, but I still see that as a positive. He's a really big guy, and he runs as well as any 7-footer in the NBA. His defense is ready, offensively he's still a work in progress.

He better be leading the league in blocks...he sure picks up the fouls quickly! :laugh:

He'll learn with time though. He's being aggressive which is the most important thing.

I just don't think we need the video and stuff...I can post a sweet video of Bender dunking on some scrub in preseason if I wanted...on a Pistons board.

Kegboy
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I'll be impressed when he dunks from the arc with the off-hand.

FreshPrince22
10-19-2005, 02:35 PM
As Kstat has already said, the dunk is not the real impressive part of it (though it is nice to see him go strong like that since some people consider him soft). The impressive part is the fact that he's over 7-1, weighs about 260, and he has the quickness and ball-handling skills to drive with his other hand. And Kstat, I know it was dangerous to put it on here, but I figured some of the posters would be objective about and admit that there must be something there. You're average 7 footer doesn't do things like that.

Frank Slade
10-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Who will have a better year Darko or Bogut ...
And yes I am being serious..

317Kim
10-19-2005, 02:39 PM
:shrug: hard choice.....

317Kim
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm practically nutting myself from excitement.

Does the season start soon?

:mygod:

sweabs
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
As Kstat has already said, the dunk is not the real impressive part of it (though it is nice to see him go strong like that since some people consider him soft). The impressive part is the fact that he's over 7-1, weighs about 260, and he has the quickness and ball-handling skills to drive with his other hand. And Kstat, I know it was dangerous to put it on here, but I figured some of the posters would be objective about and admit that there must be something there. You're average 7 footer doesn't do things like that.

Again...should I post a video of Bender on a Pistons message board pulling the exact same move as Darko did? Or shooting a 3 over his defender? Or dunking on someone from near the free throw line? He's just your average 7 footer after all...

indygeezer
10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Again...should I post a video of Bender on a Pistons message board pulling the exact same move as Darko did? Or shooting a 3 over his defender? Or dunking on someone from near the free throw line? He's just your average 7 footer after all...

Dern it RCarey will you stop beating me to the (obvious) post?

:censored:

sweabs
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Dern it RCarey will you stop beating me to the (obvious) post?

:censored:

You're too slow, old man.

Bring your "A" game.

;)

FreshPrince22
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

Please do so. I haven't seen much of Bender, and I'd be very interested to see it.

And BTW, it's not just that Darko is 7-1. He's also about 260 pounds (as opposed to Bender's ~220). Size like that shouldn't move so well.

FreshPrince22
10-19-2005, 03:33 PM

Bogut will stat-wise (more minutes). Darko will progress-wise.

SoupIsGood
10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Hopefully he's so good that they decide to trade Rasheed for a couple slinkies.....

Since86
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Please do so. I haven't seen much of Bender, and I'd be very interested to see it.

And BTW, it's not just that Darko is 7-1. He's also about 260 pounds (as opposed to Bender's ~220). Size like that shouldn't move so well.

Ron's 260. Should he move that well? Should we post good moves by Ron?

It was a good move, for a player that's been playing professional basketball since he was 13. Good, not great, not above average, just good.

The best thing for me, is that it was on Diop. That's just because being dunked on is extremely embarassing. (not that I would know :blush: )

sweabs
10-19-2005, 03:44 PM
In an attempt to move this thread off topic, speaking of getting dunked on, I wish I had video of Bryant Matthews (who is currently trying out with the Raptors) in the summer league dunking on Nbudi Ebi of the Timberwolves.

One of the top 3 dunks I've seen of all time...no joke. I'll try and find it somewhere.

fwpacerfan
10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Figured you were talking about the dunk being off-handed, considering it followed the dunk aspect and not the drive. :shrug:

LOL - and KStat dissappears from the thread!

It was a good move - not a great one. Moves like that are to be expected from a person drafted as high as Darko was. That's all we've heard is how athletic he is, now we've finally seen some of it. I have no doubt the kid will be very good someday. His biggest problem is that he is on a very talented team with very talented people in front of him. But to come on here and act like that is best move ever made by a 7 footer is a little crazy.

Pistoner
10-19-2005, 04:08 PM
It was a good move - not a great one. Moves like that are to be expected from a person drafted as high as Darko was. That's all we've heard is how athletic he is, now we've finally seen some of it. I have no doubt the kid will be very good someday. His biggest problem is that he is on a very talented team with very talented people in front of him. But to come on here and act like that is best move ever made by a 7 footer is a little crazy.

Best post of this thread

FreshPrince22
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
LOL - and KStat dissappears from the thread!

:buddies: Thank you. You have keyed on the point of this thread. There is a lifeform inside Darko Milicic. Last year I didn't know at times.

grace
10-19-2005, 09:06 PM

Well, didn't Bogut get into an altercation with John Edwards during the summer league? You aren't a true NBA player until you've gone toe to toe with the Veep.

As for the dunk I can't give an opinion because when I tried the link there wasn't a video. By the sound of it the crowd really liked it. I have issues with Darko so unless he stands on his head and shoots with his tongue I doubt I'd be impressed.

Kegboy
10-19-2005, 11:11 PM
so unless he stands on his head and shoots with his tongue I doubt I'd be impressed.

:lmao:

Oh, and I almost forgot...

Hater. :-p

Pacers#1Fan
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Show me he can do that consistantly (with him being the 2nd pick in the such a strong draft he should have been doing that in his rookie season) and I might consider being impressed.

Ultimate Frisbee
10-20-2005, 02:42 AM
eh...

dipperdunk
10-20-2005, 03:12 AM
I won't rip on Darko because he gets enough abuse.

However, the defense on that play was horrible. You don't play up on a guy and let him "blow by you" until he proves he can knock down that 16-17 foot jumper. Why in the world would you be up on Darko in that situation I don't think he has made a 17 footer in his NBA career just stay a couple of feet off of him and give him the outside shot.

I guess from a Piston's fan point of view it is probably nice to at least see Darko show some aggression and have some confidence to take it to the rack strong.

Pistoner
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
I won't rip on Darko because he gets enough abuse.

However, the defense on that play was horrible. You don't play up on a guy and let him "blow by you" until he proves he can knock down that 16-17 foot jumper. Why in the world would you be up on Darko in that situation I don't think he has made a 17 footer in his NBA career just stay a couple of feet off of him and give him the outside shot.

I guess from a Piston's fan point of view it is probably nice to at least see Darko show some aggression and have some confidence to take it to the rack strong.

Actually, He did hit a couple of those jumpers that night.

I think Darko's game last night should make Piston fans put the kool-aid down for a while. He's not quite the all-star yet.

able
10-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Well without looking I can easily understand why people here react the way they do and it has nothing to do with ither darko or the Pistons, but all wit hour very own mister Jonathan Bender aka bendy.

He has put most of us off from "talented" and "great moves" for a good while at least coming from a (relative) rookie in his 2nd 3rd or 5th year.

Who does not remeber ol'bendy knees' dunk in the dunk contest? (which btw was really with his off hand) and how he dunks on people or nearly jumps over tehn, look where it got us.......