PDA

View Full Version : Where do you Stand?

8.9_seconds
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Man on the Moon: Hoax or Real Deal?

I was discussing it with a friend the other day, and he made some interesting points.

The thing that always irked me was the flag waving, not possible, no atmosphere.

I know that there are tons of websites that have counter remarks to both sides, but I'd like to know where you guys stand, it's a fascinating topic.

SoupIsGood
10-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Real

Pacers#1Fan
10-17-2005, 10:56 PM
I'd say it's real. No doubt in my mind.

8.9_seconds
10-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd say it's real. No doubt in my mind.

Really....no doubt.......no doubt at all.......not one tiny shred............not one little morsel...........not one tiny speck...........not one little parasite off the head of a monkey................none?

When my friend first told me about it, I thought that he was nuts, absolutely crazy, but after awhile, it really seemed plausible. You should go to one of the websites, they are really interesting, most are really thorough also.

pollardfreek
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Fake.

Hicks
10-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Real.

travmil
10-18-2005, 01:51 AM
They are real.

And as for the websites about the landings being faked, there are an equal number of websites about them NOT being faked.

skyfire
10-18-2005, 02:33 AM
I dont think it is outside the realms of possibility that the first moon landing was faked in order to one up the Russians and "get there" first. However I think regardless we've definately put people on the moon at some stage.

Bball
10-18-2005, 03:02 AM
If the landings were faked why didn't Neil Armstrong do another take when he flubbed his line as he took the first step onto the moon?

Surely if they were going to fake the moon landing they'd tape things to make sure there wasn't an accident (like a set piece falling over) during a live feed...

-Bball

Diamond Dave
10-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Real. And there are no silent black helicopters in the night hovering above cities either.

Bball
10-18-2005, 04:21 AM
http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

-Bball

Gyron
10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
real

Zesty
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
I hope your friend doesn't join a cult, as it sounds like you are easily swayed.

RWB
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
When I was abducted the grays told me it was real.

Frank Slade
10-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Real. And there are no silent black helicopters in the night hovering above cities either.

speaking of that have anyone local heard the alleged black helicopters that hover sometimes over Beech Grove at the old close down RailRoad Station?

some people in the area talk about it...urban legend I suppose.. altough I did find a few articles speculating about it on the internet.. so it must be true ;)

RWB
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
speaking of that have anyone local heard the alleged black helicopters that hover sometimes over Beech Grove at the old close down RailRoad Station?

some people in the area talk about it...urban legend I suppose.. altough I did find a few articles speculating about it on the internet.. so it must be true ;)

If your looking for black helicopters then start with Fort Campbell, KY.

RWB
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Check with these guys. They may have the answers.

http://indianaghosts.org/index.htm

Frank Slade
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
"On August 6, 1994, I toured the Amtrak Railcar Repair Facility at Beech Grove, Indianapolis, Indiana. There are at least ten maintenance barns at this facility, covering 129 acres, with two separate fences with the tops leaning inward. The windows of several buildings have been bricked up. Hence, you have three levels of security for Amtrak repair barns!

"There are three helicopter 25-knot aviation wind socks (which aren't the correct ones to use for chemical spills which require 10-knot wind socks). There are high security NSA-style people turnstiles, and high intensity/security lighting for 24-hour operation. The box car (gas chamber) building fence is marked with special "RED/BLUE Zone" signs [visible in the photo ]. This corresponds to the "mission" of the RED/BLUE Lists which surfaced in June and July of 1996.

"Under martial law, this will become a death camp. They're only going to handle category one and two (RED and BLUE) people there. This box car facility will be used for execution.

"One of the barns is large enough to put four box cars into. There are powered vents on the top of the barn to vent the gas out of the building after the box cars have been fumigated. All of the buildings have newly installed six-inch gas pipes and furnaces installed in all "railroad barns."

"Since the photo was taken in August 1994, FEMA has allocated $6 million to make the walls and roofs of the buildings "airtight." Under martial law, this facility could be immediately used as an SS-style "termination" gas chamber.

"On January 27, 1995, The Indianapolis News ran an article titled, "Amtrak Lays off 212 at Beech Grove: 170 Lose Jobs at Maintenance Center Today." Why perform $6 million worth of renovations, and then lay off 212 people? Because the people doing the final executions will not be Americans. Thus, the "slots" of the 212 will be filled with non-Americans.

http://www.greatdreams.com/concentration.htm

:confused: somebody has too much time on his hands

RWB
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Frank it's so obvious once the UN and New World Order take complete control. Ever notice those numbers randomly placed on the back of street signs? I hope they give us a choice between a slow or fast execution.

Frank Slade
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Frank it's so obvious once the UN and New World Order take complete control. Ever notice those numbers randomly placed on the back of street signs? I hope they give us a choice between a slow or fast execution.

:peak:

RWB
10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
As soon as btown is made Czar all will be ok. Of course his idea of putting a v-chip in everyone is a cause for pause.

Peck
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM

I was discussing it with a friend the other day, and he made some interesting points.

The thing that always irked me was the flag waving, not possible, no atmosphere.

I know that there are tons of websites that have counter remarks to both sides, but I'd like to know where you guys stand, it's a fascinating topic.

Um, you do realize that that flag was made with wires to hold it out because there is no atmosphere, don't you?

The flag was standing out straight when it was brought down the steps so I hope you are not basing your entire disbeleif on this one thing.

Frank Slade
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I dont mind staying abreast of all the new songs that are out there..
some of these new tracks are really titillating :blush:

Bball
10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Um, you do realize that that flag was made with wires to hold it out because there is no atmosphere, don't you?

The flag was standing out straight when it was brought down the steps so I hope you are not basing your entire disbeleif on this one thing.

I always thought there are supposed to be some pictures of the flag rippling and that is what the moon conspiracy folks are going by.... I sure hope it isn't just the fact the flag is straight out as it is like you said (the flag has a wire/pole at the top to keep it straight).

The link I posted debunks a lot of the conspiracy theories. Some of the theories were pretty weak to begin with. It doesn't debunk them all tho.

-Bball

The Toxic Avenger
10-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Real... Too much money involved to be fake.

Natston
10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
I always thought there are supposed to be some pictures of the flag rippling and that is what the moon conspiracy folks are going by.... I sure hope it isn't just the fact the flag is straight out as it is like you said (the flag has a wire/pole at the top to keep it straight).

The link I posted debunks a lot of the conspiracy theories. Some of the theories were pretty weak to begin with. It doesn't debunk them all tho.

-Bball

I heard it was just the movement of the wires. Kinda like flicking a springed door stopper in zero gravity...

junie65
10-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Hoax. I watched a special on tv where they discussed this. They gave very strong arguments that made me think it was all a Nasa hoax.

Bball
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
For all of you believers in the idea of it being a hoax can you explain how the hoax was so thorough as to fool the Soviets? Or if they weren't fooled why they went along with it?

I would assume it is impossible that they couldn't have seen the command module circling the moon via telescope or that at some point they couldn't have seen either our landing or landing site via telescope. And since a big portion of the moon program was a space race, it would be a feather in their cap to debunk our landing.

And I would assume their shouts of "fraud" (if they were made) would be impossible to keep from our shores... eventually.

-Bball

Bball
10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
I was really hoping that someone would take a shot at my question from above. Is there a logical reason the Soviets would've went along with a hoax or that the Americans could've managed things so that the Soviets could be fooled or at the least couldn't discredit the effort?

Did the US claim to be landing in spots that would be blind to Soviet telescopes (Is that even possible?)?

Were the ships, men, and debris too small to be visible from an Earthbound telescope in 69-72? I would assume not, but I have no idea.

-Bball

Dab
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Hoax. Kaufman and Jerry Lawler were in cahoots.

Mourning
10-24-2005, 03:41 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

REAL btw.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Mourning
10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
So...........the various levels of government can do all that, but can't feed people who were in a hurricane?

Or was faking incompetence part of the master plan? My God, it's brilliant. Lull everyone into a false sense that the government has no idea what it's doing, then swoop in and kill them all.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.... we have a knock out ladies and gentlemen!!! Bravo!

Regards,

Kegboy
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I can't believe we're discussing this. How many times do I have to say this,

THERE IS NO MOON!!!!

:banghead:

Idiots.

SoupIsGood
10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I stand on solid ground

Kaufman
10-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Andy Kaufman always thought it was a staged hoax...

MarionDeputy
10-25-2005, 09:44 PM
My grandmother has been on record for 20 years that we never went to the moon that it was all a big show. She also does not believe that dinosaurs ever existed. :laugh:

HC
12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.greatdreams.com/concentration.htm

:confused: somebody has too much time on his hands

Maybe....but then again why has so much money been put into the place to make wierd renovations? Sorry for digging this up, but my boss literally just started telling me about it today. The stuff that has been put in there asks a awful lot of question in my mind. Of course the realist in me cant seem to grasp or believe it all...but if not then what is really going on there?

OlBlu
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM

Well, this takes over as the silliest thread of the year. About that flag waving, do a little research, there is an explanation.......:cool: ...

OlBlu
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.... we have a knock out ladies and gentlemen!!! Bravo!

Regards,

Hey!!! :cool: ...

OlBlu
12-12-2012, 09:31 PM

Peck, you should have made him research this himself.....:cool: ...

Steagles
12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Real. My favorite comedic scientists (The Mythbusters) proved it.

Natston
12-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Talk about bumping an old thread lol...

:bttf:

RWB
12-13-2012, 11:34 AM
You won't have to worry about the fake moon landing in eight days you know. I've have given everything away except my computer and will continue to visit PD until the earth is destroyed. I won't even buy a lottery ticket now because what good will it do.

Sparhawk
12-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Oh boy.

Realz cause the US had skillz.

Had. Don't really have skills anymore. It's all downhill from here.

Trader Joe
12-13-2012, 12:17 PM
RIP NASA. *Pours out a 40 for my homies*

ilive4sports
12-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh boy.

Realz cause the US had skillz.

Had. Don't really have skills anymore. It's all downhill from here.
Hey we just put that rover on Mars!

I actually have a third cousin who went to the moon. no lie. James Irwin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Irwin

never met him though, he passed when i was only 1.

travmil
12-13-2012, 04:44 PM
:tinfoil:

jeffg-body
12-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Very interesting topic. I am on the that it actually happened side, but I was not around when it happened. You never know with our government and what secrets that may have or deny having.

travmil
12-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Has anyone ever seen the Big Bang Theory episode where they pointed a laser at the moon and got a reflection off of the reflectors left by the Apollo astronauts? Well, it's true. This actually can be done and is still being routinely done today by professional and amateur scientists. Now, the Russians also left reflectors on the moon that can be used in the same way. However, their reflectors were not adjusted by hand like the US reflectors because they were obviously not left there by manned missions. You can do the laser range experiment with the US reflector coordinates, and then do the same experiment with the Russian coordinates. The US mirrors give better results because they were placed at the correct angles and spaced by hand while the Russian results were dropped from unmanned equipment and some of them made it to the proper place and some did not. So it's possible to get these reflectors to the moon without actually visiting the moon. It is NOT possible to get the difference in the US results and Russian results without actual hand placement of the reflectors by astronauts who were ON THE MOON TO PLACE THEM. You may ask how I know this. Well, as some of you may remember, my wife holds a degree in Physics and actually performed this experiment many times throughout her schooling. Believe me, don't believe me, whatever. But for me personally, I've heard enough about it to believe it 100%.

Trader Joe
12-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Look the government couldn't even cover up Bill Clinton getting BJs from a chunky intern in the oval office, I don't understand how people expect them to cover something like this or bigger.

graphic-er
12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
A couple issues with the Mythbusters experiments to prove it. The flag does indeed have a metal pole with a wire in it to uncoil the flag. The mythbusters claim that the swinging back and forth motion of the flag is the effect of the vacuum of space. Thus they tested the same type of flag in a vacuum chamber AT NASA. 2 issues with this. If NASA is suspected of hoaxing the damn thing why would you use their facilities and equipment for debunking the myth? There is a conflict of interest there. They should have used independent facilities. Also they showed the flag does indeed wave back in forth inside a vacuum chamber. But the one tidbit I did not accept about their experiment is that they applied the environment. On the moon the environment of 0 atmosphere was already in existence, and the flag was already in 0 atmospheric conditions the moment they stepped out of the lander. Addition the Moon as somethig like 2/3rds the Gravity of Earth. Which explains the slow and bounceful leaping or running around by the astronaunts. That makes sense, why wouldn't the flag display the same characteristics. Instead it seems to snap back and forth in his waving motion.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, because like some one else said the Russians would have been all over it if actually faked. But there are some conditions here that they never do a good job of explaining.

I think though that we should be more concerned with what is hiding on the dark side of the moon.

ECKrueger
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I can't believe we're discussing this. How many times do I have to say this,

THERE IS NO MOON!!!!

:banghead:

Idiots.

:tinfoil:

http://offcolortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Moon.gif

SycamoreKen
12-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Like the nba rigging the playoffs, there are way too many who would have to keep quiet for it to be fake.

Sookie
12-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Real. It would have come out by now if it was fake.

Only conspiracy theory I really believe in, is that Norma Jean was actually murdered.

PacerDude
12-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Real.

And spectacular.

Richard_Skull
12-16-2012, 06:09 AM
For anybody who has seen the Fox show about faking it, I found a website that counters every argument with fact and science.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

BTW, definitely real.