PDA

View Full Version : Shower Habits Poll

DisplacedKnick
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
I never post in this area of PD but my GF and I got in a huge fight over this the other day. I said "Everybody does it." She doesn't think so. Personally, I just think she's repressed.

There aren't any stats anywhere - Master & Johnson didn't cover it - neither did Kinsey. So I'm asking you.

Do you pee in the shower? And no - this won't be a public poll. I can only publish my findings in a scientific journal if I follow all appropriate criteria regarding research involving Human Subjects - including no identifiers.

sweabs
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Man, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with your girlfriend.

I've never done it before - the thought has never even crossed my mind to be honest.

I mean, the toilet is just outside the shower door!

Frank Slade
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
:laugh: nice upper level reference..

your forgot to add a "bidet " reference for those lower bowl people..

Anyone who believes in freedom and doesn't support the terrorists has peed in the shower.....

Amen Brother I for one will not give into the terrorists ...that's just unpatriotic..

travmil
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, like many folks I played sports in high school, so even if I wanted to it wasn't a good idea to "let loose" in the gym showers. I will say this though, group showers make you develop other habits. For instance, I learned to wash my hair and face with my eyes open. Why? Because the second you closed your eyes some joker would have your bar of soap jammed in his buttcrack, then lay it down where it was for you to use.

DisplacedKnick
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
I would have thought you Canadians would try to maximize the use of your communal water.

I thought about making my first poll choice: "Absolutely - who wants to waste all that water by flushing a little pee?"

But remembering my class in "Designing Evaluative Instruments" in college I decided that would be a leading answer. (BTW - I always wondered if folks studying to be proctologists or gynocologists had to take a class with the same name?)

I also wanted to have two separate polls - one for men and one for women but I decided to make it one big happy androgenous survey.

Kat
10-17-2005, 05:01 PM
"Only if the person I'm showering with asks me to"

This option tickles me. :D

DisplacedKnick
10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
"Only if the person I'm showering with asks me to"

This option tickles me. :D

I probably shouldn't have included that - she'll probably make me record it as a "no." :cry:

Gratuitous "groan" included BTW.

SoupIsGood
10-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I remember some kids on the team would do that in the showers, I always thought it was pretty disgusting.

ChicagoJ
10-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Based on the geography of my season tickets, I think its clear what I had to vote above.

Kat
10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I probably shouldn't have included that - she'll probably make me record it as a "no." :cry:

Gratuitous "groan" included BTW.

Well, you can count mine as a yes. :blush:

DisplacedKnick
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
BTW - anyone who votes, "What's a Shower" automatically gets tallied as a yes. After all, if you didn't know it was a shower and just thought it was a floor drain ...

Slick Pinkham
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
In my home in Massachusetts I lived out in the woods on 2 acres and from most of the yard there was no possibility of any neighbors seeing anything. I would occasionally take a whiz in a remote spot on the edge of the backyard, if I found myself outside with the need to go. I would never do it with the wife or kids around, or anywhere near where anybody, even the dog, was likely to go.

My wife gave me all kinds of grief for that.

I argued that I was being enviromentally conscious and not wasting 1.6 gallons of water by having to flush a toilet.

Stryder
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
If you are in a shower by yourself, then yes, it is okay.

If you are in a communal shower, by yourself, then yes, it is okay.

If you are in a shower with another person(s), if that person is okay with it, then it is okay.

If you are in a communal shower, with other people, then, if they are okay with it, then it is okay.

I guess, the correct answer is if the people that are with you are okay with it, then it is okay to do. If not, then it is not okay.

The Toxic Avenger
10-17-2005, 08:12 PM
I think its clear that women have a problem with it... When I voted the two women in the room were quite grossed out stating "I wouldn't want something running down my leg if I was trying to get clean".

So THAT I would understand...

Not to change the subject but I know a few other women who have told me that they have always wanted to "pee like a man" if only for a day or two.

Going in the Shower is Just another advantage I suppose.

Pacers#1Fan
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Not usually but if I can't hold it there is really no choice. I would never take a wizz in a communal shower.

DisplacedKnick
10-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Not usually but if I can't hold it there is really no choice. I would never take a wizz in a communal shower.

Well, I wouldn't there either.

This all started because I took a shower one morning and she asked me why I didn't flush the toilet. I was actually busting her chops - in reality I wizzed out in the barn when I went to feed but it's not like I've never gone in the shower or anything.

Arcadian
10-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Ever since members of my college soccer team peed on each other in the shower I have lost all urge to pee in the shower. It just brings back to many memories.

317Kim
10-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Ever since members of my college soccer team peed on each other in the shower I have lost all urge to pee in the shower. It just brings back to many memories.

:console: ........... ;)

Pacers#1Fan
10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Ever since members of my college soccer team peed on each other in the shower I have lost all urge to pee in the shower. It just brings back to many memories.That could possibly be the nastiest thing I have ever read on this site.

Zesty
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't pee in a public shower, but I pee in my shower at home almost every morning. The alarm goes off at 6:30. I get up, turn it off, walk into my bathroom and start the shower, get in, and pee right down the drain.

Unclebuck
10-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I probably did a few times when I was pretty young, but I don't think I have in at least 25 years. If you really must know I usually go before I get into the shower

Actually when I read the thread title I was expecting a little different question.

The Toxic Avenger
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I probably did a few times when I was pretty young, but I don't think I have in at least 25 years. If you really must know I usually go before I get into the shower

Actually when I read the thread title I was expecting a little different question.

I don't wanna know what YOU were expecting to see here:blush: :puke:

Click here before you get into the shower again:cry: (http://www.bimon.net/assets/images/GodkillsaKitten1.jpg)

317Kim
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
:lol: wow..that was unappealing.

SoupIsGood
10-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Click here before you get into the shower again:cry: (http://www.bimon.net/html/god_kills_a_kitten.html)

:laugh:

Vicious Tyrant
10-18-2005, 09:56 PM
:crazy: What a bizarre question. Of course I pee in the shower! How else do I get a handful to rinse my face with!? Magic?!

I swear, some people....

DisplacedKnick
10-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't wanna know what YOU were expecting to see here:blush: :puke:

Click here before you get into the shower again:cry: (http://www.bimon.net/assets/images/GodkillsaKitten1.jpg)

LOL - At a meeting today a guy said something about herding cats. I told him cats were easy to herd if you shoot 'em first - all you need is a scoop shovel.

I think all the women hated me for a minute (and a couple of the guys). What can I say - I'm not a cat fan and I pee in the shower. ;)

Believe_in_blue
10-19-2005, 12:19 AM

:jawdrop: I feel very sorry for you

Arcadian
10-19-2005, 01:36 AM
:jawdrop: I feel very sorry for you

It could have been worse...according to Toxic Avenger's input at least.

The Toxic Avenger
10-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Oh yes!!! Just ask Soup... if you add "in Bed" to the end of anything written on PD it becomes ten times worse.

junie65
10-19-2005, 03:29 AM
As much as possible, I avoid peeing in the shower. But if I can't hold it much longer, I pee... hehe.

Will Galen
10-20-2005, 05:52 AM
I did when I was in bootcamp in the Marines. That way I didn't have to stand in line for a urinal. Can't remember doing it in the last 40 years or so though. (I peed on the shower wall)

kerosene
10-20-2005, 05:14 PM
I didn't vote because there doesn't seem to be an option for "Only when visiting other people". Also, I'll only crap in other peoples pants. Just an FYI.
;)

McClintic Sphere
10-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Only when trying to cure athlete's foot. As prescribed by Madonna on the David Letterman Show. This is science MF'ers:

Madonna: No seriously, peeing in the shower is really good, it, it fights um um athletes foot.

Madonna: I'm serious, no urine is like, is like, is like an antiseptic, it's all got to do with the enzymes in your body.

David: Don't, don't you know a good pharmacist?

[laughter]

Madonna: Uhm...

David: Get yourself some Desinex or whatever that stuff is.

Madonna: I wanted to share something that I knew with you.

David: Ok, well, thank very much and uh I'm going to try to wrap this up.

Anthem
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
But remembering my class in "Designing Evaluative Instruments" in college I decided that would be a leading answer. (BTW - I always wondered if folks studying to be proctologists or gynocologists had to take a class with the same name?)

Do you know how to tell the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer?

By the taste!

Anthem
10-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I didn't vote because there doesn't seem to be an option for "Only when visiting other people".

You know, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you about my visit...

But now I know you won't mind! :D

Harmonica
10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Life is short, people. Let's say the average morning pee takes roughly one minute. That's 365 minutes a year. Over the course of say, 65 years, that equals 23,725 minutes of peeingójust in the morning! Divide that by 60, and you have 395 hours. Divide that by 24 hours and it comes to 16.4 days of peeing. Now, combine your peeing with your showering and you're saving a considerable amount of time in your life. I also shave in the shower.

317Kim
10-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Life is short, people. Let's say the average morning pee takes roughly one minute. That's 365 minutes a year. Over the course of say, 65 years, that equals 23,725 minutes of peeingójust in the morning! Divide that by 60, and you have 395 hours. Divide that by 24 hours and it comes to 16.4 days of peeing. Now, combine your peeing with your showering and you're saving a considerable amount of time in your life. I also shave in the shower.

:console: Were you bored? ;)

Kaufman
10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Medically speaking, urine is as sterile of a body fluid as any we produce. Saliva has bacteria in it that is colonized in our mouths. Mucus and cerumen all trap bacteria, so those are out. Feces, well... bacteria is what breaks down some of our food that we digest. E. Coli lives in our intestines. Sweat, well that is exposed to all the normal skin flora we have - namely Staph Aureous and Strep Pneumococcus. Urine - in all its glory, is sterile. In fact, they say if you are ever trapped on a boat in the middle of the ocean, it is better to drink your own urine than the ocean water bc of two reasons - the ocean water is full of bacteria, and the high salt content. Don't forget that factoid, should you ever be in that situation.

MarionDeputy
10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
I didn't see the vote option for "Have hole, will pee". I always enjoy trying to sneak a pee in when showering with my wife. I have found she only detects it 50% of the time. I usually start up some meaningless conversation when its time to strike. :devil:

8.9_seconds
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Medically speaking, urine is as sterile of a body fluid as any we produce. Saliva has bacteria in it that is colonized in our mouths. Mucus and cerumen all trap bacteria, so those are out. Feces, well... bacteria is what breaks down some of our food that we digest. E. Coli lives in our intestines. Sweat, well that is exposed to all the normal skin flora we have - namely Staph Aureous and Strep Pneumococcus. Urine - in all its glory, is sterile. In fact, they say if you are ever trapped on a boat in the middle of the ocean, it is better to drink your own urine than the ocean water bc of two reasons - the ocean water is full of bacteria, and the high salt content. Don't forget that factoid, should you ever be in that situation.

Hey Doc, but if you don't pee for a long period of time, don't you become sick because of bacteria or something not being released, at least that's what I always thought.

SoupIsGood
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM

Any chance one of those is the flora that reacts to form our stinky 'love potion' as a byproduct? Heheh. Ohhhhright.

Kaufman
10-26-2005, 12:59 AM
No, that's not involved in stinky love potion - stinky love potion is made up of pheromones, hormones basically scented.

Strep - that's the same bacteria that causes strep throat. Staph - that's the same one that causes impetigo.

As far as urine retention - no there isn't bacteria released. You become sick because your kidneys get backed up. Eventually you would burst if you held it long enough.

SoupIsGood
10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Ah. But Pheromones are a result of Andotesterone (sp?) + some sort of skin bacteria, no?

Kaufman
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think skin bacteria are involved. I will look it up a little later. Where did you hear that?

SoupIsGood
10-26-2005, 06:10 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think skin bacteria are involved. I will look it up a little later. Where did you hear that?

Psychology class....

DisplacedKnick
10-26-2005, 09:54 PM

Yes. As I'm sure you're aware, many a medical treatment in the past involved the use of urine (though often from animals) as a portion of the salve/ointment. Of course those folks didn't understand the concepts of bacteria or sepsis - they just knew it worked.

Of course there are more than a few treatments (such as Petras Hispanus' 13th c treatment for nosebleed) involving dung ...

8.9_seconds
10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I know this is really off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, sorry. I was wondering if it's true if you chew on ice alot and have restless legs while you sleep that this means you could have low iron, is it true?

Anthem
10-29-2005, 12:12 AM
I'd always heard that chewing ice was a sign of sexual frustration....

8.9_seconds
10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd always heard that chewing ice was a sign of sexual frustration....

Well....If thats true than I am the most sexually frustrated person on the planet, because all I drink is ice water ans alot of it, with a lot of ice.....

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Classic restless leg syndrome is a medical condition that mostly occurs in the elderly, with people who have heart failure, in many cases. It is also something that can be involved in people with low potassium.

You don't have low iron. Assuming you are a male, it is extremely rare in males.

A lot of the answer to your leg question may be answered by your age. If you are a growing person, well bones grow, muscles stretch, etc etc, and it's painful. If you're more of an older person, maybe taking a diuretic for heart failure or high blood pressure, you could have an element of low potassium. Also, if you are a diabetic, there could be a component of parasthesia, or tingling, if you're blood sugars aren't under control. Also, if you have cholesterol issues, you may have cholesterol plaques in your arteries and veins.

If you truly have restless leg syndrome, you might want to try tonic water, or club soda - make sure it contains a chemical called quinine. This has been found to be effective in nighttime restless legs. If you want to add more to your story, I'd be happy to advise you thereafter. But most importantly, if you feel it is necessary, you should seek medical advice from your own personal physician or at an emergency room.

About the ice - that has nothing to do with anything. See a dentist. I don't do teeth.

Arcadian
10-29-2005, 03:47 AM
I am a man and have never been able to give blood because I always fail the anemia test. :whoknows:

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Iron deficiency is a rare cause of anemia in men, often iron deficency is caused by people who lose blood on a consistant basis, i.e. women. Males who are subject to iron deficiency often have intestinal sources of bleeding, often caused by things like ulcers, polyps/colon cancer. Therefore, if see blood or something not so normal when you are having bowel movements, that would be reason to be alarmed.

Just because you are anemic doesn't mean that iron deficiency is the reason. My suggestion to you, Arcadian (how old are you, by the way), is to go to your doctor and have blood work done. Tell them that you were told that you were anemic when trying to give blood. Also - if you give blood too often, that would also cause you to become anemic, gradually. Hope this helps.

Arcadian
10-29-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm 31 now but I have have never been able to give blood going back to when I was 17.

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Hmmmm. That is quite odd. And someone told you that it was due to anemia?? Another common reason of rejection is bloodborne viruses.... If you truly have anemia, and your doctor doesn't know about it, only the blood bank, I would HIGHLY recommend you at least to be seen by a physician once. Seeing as to the fact that you've had this 14 years, its not a life threatening thing by any means, but it is not normal. I would get it checked out. Anemia usually always means something isn't quite right in your body. Whether it is at a bone marrow level, where your red cells are made, or an iron issue, I don't know. Drinkers often have a condition called "megaloblastic anemia", often due to a deficiency in vitamin B12. Pernicious anemia is an inability for your intestines to absorb vitamin B12. Sickle cell anemia occurs in young african americans - this is due to genetics. If you had that, you'd have known. The only real way for a male to have iron deficiency is if he is having chronic blood loss from somewhere or another. You have your leukemias - but you'd have a whole heck of a lot of other symptoms with that. Do you recall how low your blood count is?

At any rate - I don't want to worry you - the fact is that if this has been the case for so many years, its unlikely to be anything big at all. But the bottom line is, if you have a doctor, you need to have some basic blood work done. Don't not go to the doctor. I personally think its important and something worth getting checked out.

Arcadian
10-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I never thought anything of it. I just thought it meant I was low in iron as I never was fatigue or any other syptoms. I'll mention it to my doctor. Thanks.

Kaufman
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Again, nothing to rush in for, but please to mention it when you go in for your annual. It's not normal to have low iron, and its not really normal to have a low red cell count. Never hurts to check it out, in the least. If you do have iron deficiency, then probably need to be on iron... ask your doctor he'll draw some blood work and they'll be able to tell. Keep a brotha posted.