PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Sun Times: Ron Artest Interview

Jermaniac
10-16-2005, 11:47 AM
On the record with Ron Artest
October 16, 2005

Q. How does it feel to be back on the court?

It feels great, definitely. It feels great to be back with the guys. I had a lot of time to prepare, and I prepared.

Q. Will fans try to taunt you to get a reaction?

I think fans will receive me well. Most of the places I go, fans love me. Chicago fans love me. They all want me on their teams.

Q. I hear your new song, which can be heard on truwarier.com, is pretty good.

I'm happy because I was able to finish my album, and now I can focus on my team. The first album I did was done unprofessionally. I was trying to do too many things at once. This one was done professionally.

Q. Did you just produce this one or are you rapping?

I'm doing a little rapping and singing.

Q. How was it posing and doing an interview for Penthouse?

It was cool. The story was good. They gave me a chance to talk about my family. My family is doing great.

Q. What did you think of the Bulls' trading Eddy Curry to the Knicks? Aw, man, all the guys that left the Bulls are doing well, like myself, Brad Miller, Elton [Brand] and Jamal [Crawford]. It's amazing. I was hoping he would stay with the Bulls, but he'll do well and be a dominant player.

Ron says good things in this interview, so this wont get alot of posts. No material for the haters.

Hicks
10-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Missing the point again, GIG. It's because of the stupid things he says and does that the good words mean nothing. They're not trust-worthy.

317Kim
10-16-2005, 11:57 AM
:nod:

Jermaniac
10-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Why does it count when he says Stupid things but when he says good things it doesnt count?

Jermaniac
10-16-2005, 11:58 AM
:nod:You are probably going to catch up to Shade with 20,000 posts by the end of the season. lol

Jermaniac
10-16-2005, 12:02 PM
It cause I dont read that bull**** you write. If I wanted to see someone talk **** about the Pacers I would have been posting on a Pistons forum.

Hicks
10-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Why does it count when he says Stupid things but when he says good things it doesnt count?

Because his actions tell us the bad is what he means.

317Kim
10-16-2005, 12:07 PM
You are probably going to catch up to Shade with 20,000 posts by the end of the season. lol

lol maybe...:D

Frank Slade
10-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Nothing changes the Haters will always hate him his supporters will always support him .. no matter what he does....

The Haters will always fine the bad in every quote.. The Supporters will always find the good... oh welll......:cool:

Pacers#1Fan
10-16-2005, 12:18 PM
It's nice to see him say the right things.

hoopsforlife
10-16-2005, 12:55 PM
WARNING: This is SoundAndFury, NOT hoopsforlife. I repeat, this is just SoundAndFury posting from hoopsforlife's computer. You may now read this post.

Maybe, in saying that he was able to take care of his musical dealings in the offseason, and he's happy about that because he can focus on basketball. Seems to me that what he's saying this time is a result of his actions and this is a positive sign.

Los Angeles
10-16-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm getting really sick of the "haters" crap.

grace
10-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I take it it's not on the online version of the paper because I looked and couldn't find it.

BlueNGold
10-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Nothing changes the Haters will always hate him his supporters will always support him .. no matter what he does....

The Haters will always fine the bad in every quote.. The Supporters will always find the good... oh welll......:cool:

That is pretty much true, except it does matter what he does.

I will jump on the RA bandwagon when he shows that he cares more about the team, his team mates and the Pacers organization...and the fans. This can be done via words or actions. It sounds like he may be getting some good advice based on his recent comments...and this is influencing my opinion of him.

...and I don't expect him to be another Reggie or even JO...just a more respectful, professional and dedicated member of the team...who does not need to be called out by RC during the preseason after the disastor he created last year. Then, I will believe he can add to team chemistry rather than subtract.

Harmonica
10-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm getting really sick of the "haters" crap.

It's just a shortcut to thinking. I wouldn't worry about it.

Harmonica
10-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Ron says good things in this interview, so this wont get alot of posts. No material for the haters.

What "good things" did he say exactly? It all seemed pretty banal. And I didn't see anything that would offset or make me forget the crazy things he says. That said, even when he's spewing nonsense, he mixes it up with some very heartfelt and well-meaning things. That's the problem with Ron the basketball player (not the human being), you just never know which one you're going to get. When a person can't be counted on, it makes it very difficult to trust them. It's pretty simple actually.

Unclebuck
10-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I found it a lot more interesting that "the Pacers" are limiting Ron's access to the media and are listening to what he is saying to the media.

SoupIsGood
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Missing the point again, GIG. It's because of the stupid things he says and does that the good words mean nothing. They're not trust-worthy.

Why can't the opposite be true? There's no point in paying attention to anything Ron says, good or bad, IMO.

BlueNGold
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I found it a lot more interesting that "the Pacers" are limiting Ron's access to the media and are listening to what he is saying to the media.

Yes, that is interesting. They are attempting to manage the situation so they don't have major migraines this year....that is, RA is on a short leash for now with Granger acting as insurance. Unfortunately, Granger cannot cover Artest's production at this time.

SoupIsGood
10-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Because his actions tell us the bad is what he means.

This would be true if he had never done anything good for our franchise, and his actions were negative 100% of the time. To say Ron can never have good intentions is absurd, to me.

Hicks
10-16-2005, 03:48 PM
What I mean is, when he says both good and bad on the same subject, he usually acts on the bad.

Roaming Gnome
10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse: :2deadhors :3deadhors:deadhorse:
I would be more entertained if the media would just reallize that his whole schtick is just that...schtick.