PDA

View Full Version : Artest wants to box Ben on PPV for $10 Mil

FreshPrince22
10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="8" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="wiretap_key_header">Someone please lock this dude up.... What exactly goes through his head when he comes up with this crap?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/37571/20051016/artest_talks_to_penthouse/

Artest Talks To Penthouse</td></tr><tr><td>16th October, 2005 - 7:29 am</td></tr><tr><td>http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/Artest_Ron_ind.jpgIndianapolis Star - At first, Ron Artest (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/2/ron_artest/) didn't want to appear in Penthouse magazine.

"I was going to shy away from it, with all the bad press I'm getting," the Indiana Pacers (http://pacers.realgm.com/) forward said. "But they gave me the opportunity to talk about my family and charities . . . things people don't know about me."

Artest will be featured in the December issue, which hits newsstands Oct. 25. He is shown on the cover with three bikini-clad women.

The interview reveals his gentler side. Of Pacers (http://pacers.realgm.com/) president Larry Bird, he says, "God put us together for a reason. He says he'd give up his salary for a year if 20 other millionaires would do the same to help poor people. And he agrees with Bill Cosby that poor African-Americans aren't doing enough to help themselves."

Artest also suggests that he and Ben Wallace (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/436/ben_wallace/) box on pay-per-view for $10 million. [READ] (javascript:rgmow('/rgmow.php?aid=37571','37571'))

:box::boxer::eek::crazy:
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

SoupIsGood
10-16-2005, 08:35 AM
HAHA that'd be great.

And FP - it's just a joke man. Relax.

sweabs
10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Um...relax. Most people find that sort of thing funny. I think they're called jokes?

These are not the kind of quotes that concern me...far from it.

317Kim
10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
:lol: wow!!!

Will Galen
10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
That's not new. I heard it last year about him boxing Ben.

Kaufman
10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Well since the subject DID come up... who do you all think would win that boxing match? I have to be honest, I'd be a little worried about Ronnie in a head to head...

Will Galen
10-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Ron would wipe the floor with him. Ron's dad used to box and taught Ron.

sweabs
10-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Ron wonuld wipe the floor with him. Ron's dad used to box and so has Ron.

I tend to agree. Ron has the boxing background, whereas I don't know if I can say the same for Ben. The difference in experience alone, would set them apart for me.

I would also argue that Artest is quicker; has faster hands, and is lighter on his feet, etc.

Oh yeah, and Ron is crazy; put him in the boxing ring and let his temper fly.

Kaufman
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM
What about Ronnie vs. Tyson then?

Will Galen
10-16-2005, 11:18 AM
What about Ronnie vs. Tyson then?

Tyson would win easy. It's his sport, he's a pro, Ron's an amateur compared to Tyson.

Kaufman
10-16-2005, 11:31 AM
The rabid dog versus Tyson, being old and all? I would tend to agree with you, but that would be a PPV I would tune in to.

Jermaniac
10-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Ron would beat the **** out of Ben Wallace, Wallace wouldnt do it.

Pacers#1Fan
10-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Ron would beat the living hell out of Little Ben.

CableKC
10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
2 things to get out of this article....

1 ) Male Pacer fans can say that they really are picking up the Penthouse issue for the article.

2 ) That the media is going to jump on the quote and misuse it as another reason to believe that Artest is crazy. Non-Artest fans will look at it as another reason to believe that Artest's stripes haven't changed....and Artest-fans will take it for what it is....a joke. I expect that there is going to be a followup article from the IndyStar with Artest saying that the comment was nothing more then a joke.

CableKC
10-16-2005, 12:33 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="8" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="wiretap_key_header">Someone please lock this dude up.... What exactly goes through his head when he comes up with this crap?
:box::boxer::eek::crazy:
</td></tr></tbody> </table>
If you can't figure out that he was just joking....I am going to guess you have no sense of humor. :laugh:

FreshPrince22
10-16-2005, 04:37 PM
If anyone actually thinks he's just joking they clearly don't know Artest well. His head doesn't work like a normal person's.

As far as the people saying "Wallace wouldn't do it", I agree he wouldn't do it, but not because he's scared. I'd say he challenged him to a fight when he shoved him accross the floor on 11/19. Artest was the one that was scared to fight.

Frank Slade
10-16-2005, 04:45 PM
If anyone actually thinks he's just joking they clearly don't know Artest well. His head doesn't work like a normal person's.

As far as the people saying "Wallace wouldn't do it", I agree he wouldn't do it, but not because he's scared. I'd say he challenged him to a fight when he shoved him accross the floor on 11/19. Artest was the one that was scared to fight.

Yes and you clearly do know artest that well right ?
To Dismiss the other people on this boards knowledge of Artest is comical and makes you look a little :crazy: yourself....

:laugh:

Lord Helmet
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
:unimpress at FreshPrince22 and this thread.

Let's just cool it guys.

As far as I am concerned it doesn't matter now.

SoupIsGood
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/3/37/180px-Crybaby.png

Arcadian
10-16-2005, 05:09 PM

Let's go with the idea that he wasn't kidding. He is suggesting a for charity celebrity boxing match. What a crazy guy!!! What demented mind comes up with a nutty idea like that?!?

Lord Helmet
10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I realize you are new, but we have had plenty of posts regarding this before.

We had a whole year where it was Pistons fans vs Pacers fans. Artest was trying to show he had calmed down. Artest restrained himself against Ben Wallace. Artest is a ***** who wouldnt fight Ben Wallace.

Its all been done, and as far as I am concerned its all dead.

If you want to see the old topics, go ahead and search for them. but I think its in the best interest of the board that we just let the topic on "that die" die.

As for Artest, Im not sure you know him any better then any of us do, but thats a mott point.
Thank you.

Pacers#1Fan
10-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Pisston fans :rolleyes: :rollout: :disturbed :dunce: :shrug: :unimpress :blahblah:

But seriously, why would you post something like that on a PACERS site? Did you honestly expect that anyone besides Kstat would side with you on this? No offense to fans of other teams but why would you come on a site like this and talk ***** about our team? I guess I don't get it because I have the respect to not go to another team's site and try and talk crap, I do it on here. I am not trying to jump on anyone inpeticular (even though it may seem I am lashing out at Fresh) it's just that people doing this crap is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you wanna talk go ahead, hell that is what sports are all about. At least have the common decency/sense to do it on one of your teams sites.

Pacers#1Fan
10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
I realize you are new, but we have had plenty of posts regarding this before.

We had a whole year where it was Pistons fans vs Pacers fans. Artest was trying to show he had calmed down. Artest restrained himself against Ben Wallace. Artest is a ***** who wouldnt fight Ben Wallace.

Its all been done, and as far as I am concerned its all dead.

If you want to see the old topics, go ahead and search for them. but I think its in the best interest of the board that we just let the topic on "that die" die.

As for Artest, Im not sure you know him any better then any of us do, but thats a mott point.What he said.

317Kim
10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Pisston fans :rolleyes: :rollout: :disturbed :dunce: :shrug: :unimpress :blahblah:

But seriously, why would you post something like that on a PACERS site? Did you honestly expect that anyone besides Kstat would side with you on this? No offense to fans of other teams but why would you come on a site like this and talk ***** about our team? I guess I don't get it because I have the respect to not go to another team's site and try and talk crap, I do it on here. I am not trying to jump on anyone inpeticular (even though it may seem I am lashing out at Fresh) it's just that people doing this crap is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you wanna talk go ahead, hell that is what sports are all about. At least have the common decency/sense to do it on one of your teams sites.

:grinyes:

Roaming Gnome
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Honestly, I don't mind fans of other teams comming in to stir the pot every now and then...But when little trolls like FP decide to come in here and :deadhorse: and continue to :2deadhors they are just here to get a rise, nothing more....This horse is :3deadhors So quit beating it!!!

At least be creative enough to come up with something "Fresh" if you are going to come here and give us a rise, instead of the same old *****. I'm sure our resident Piston fans on this board probably think you are a tool for bringing this old @ss stuff back up.

thought_criminal
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Artest is probably thinking about the four games we play against them this year, and trying to lighten the mood so that he and Ben can be in physical contact without too much shoving going on.

The Toxic Avenger
10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Interesting Criminal... How does everyone here think THAT game will go?

I know we've talked about before but for old times sake... How will artest and ben match up THIS year...

-Physically
-Mentaly
-Trash Talking?
-Lots of Minutes together?