PDA

View Full Version : Saras is very good

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 10:57 PM
I saw it twice during this game, once dring each half. When Saras is feeling comfortable and confident, he really is impressive. He has a flick for a shot, an extremely quick release, and he's very accurate. He's also a good playmaker, an adept passer with enough ball handling savvy to get some penetration. Give Sarunas until mid-December/early-January, and he is going to be balling. He really is fun to watch.

BTW, I didn't see a guy who didn't want to play defense in Sarunas. He knows how important it is that he be able to defend, and you can really tell it frustrates him that he is not there yet. He's giving it his all though.

And how about Granger? While you could tell it was his first NBA game, the guy is just a basketball player. As boney and rugged as Ron's game is, Danny's is just silky smooth. Danny's basketball smarts and versatility really struck me, I think he will be a good player.

Also, I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, but Ron played like a MVP tonight, he looked great out there, matched up against AK47 no less.

---

I know this is only preseason, and this could all mean squat in the end, but I'm very encouraged by what saw out of #33 and #3 tonight. :buddies:

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I wonder how many threads we're going to get on this?

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
:shrug: Just posting what I thought of the game.

indytoad
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
He has a bad game and half the board wants to bench him. He has a good game and everyone is carrying him on their shoulders and throwing a victory parade. This would be overblown even if it were the first two games of the regular season, but this is the preseason. It means absolutely nothing - it's just for conditioning and experimentation.

IndyToad
Have a coupon

Deadshot
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I wonder how many threads we're going to get on this?

No matter how many we get, it looks like you're going to post something in all of them ;)

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
No matter how many we get, it looks like you're going to post something in all of them ;)Of course. ;) :D

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:06 PM
:shrug: Just posting what I thought of the game. Sarunas looks like he might measure up to the hype and I think everyone is getting ready to crap their pants........................................... I have to go to the bathroom.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
He has a bad game and half the board wants to bench him. He has a good game and everyone is carrying him on their shoulders and throwing a victory parade. This would be overblown even if it were the first two games of the regular season, but this is the preseason. It means absolutely nothing - it's just for conditioning and experimentation.

IndyToad
Have a coupon

Uhhh, okay. Im not half the board. So far, I've seen two Sarunases. One who plays tentative, and is probably worse than AJ. However, the Sarunas I've described above is very good. If you want to call BS on that, I guess that's alright, since that's all you ever do.

Pacesetter
10-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Just got back from the game.

Several Pacers played well tonight, considering we've got 2 or 3 starters sitting. Amazing what our team can do.

Saras was fantastic. He is so fast at spotting an open guy in the open court that the defense didn't even have time to get set and Saras fired the ball in to Jack and Granger. During the last 5 minutes (just like we've been hearing) Saras just flat took over. I can tell his teammates were stunned as well. I don't want to say very much about that, but it sure seemed like Ron and Jack both had a stunned look on their faces by how quick Saras was getting the ball in to them. This guy's three ball looks better than Reggie's too. It was amazing to watch let me tell ya, if you weren't there. We're probably going to get used to hearing about Saras, because he's the real deal!

The ballgame was going ok, but then at some point around the 8 minute mark in the fourth, the guys just started putting back to back stops together. Then came a couple three balls by Saras and a couple inside passes for two and we were off to the races.

Great finish by the "rookie!"

Pacers#1Fan

IndyToad
Have a coupon:chillpill: It's been almost 5 months since we've had any basketball, we're all a little emotional.

Mordecaii
LOL anyone expecting a player to come from Euroleague to the NBA and NOT have issues has some serious optimism going on... The point is, we saw today that Sarunas has the ability to be a very good player for us... If he consistently plays like he did tonight or better then he will be a huge addition to the team.

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Just got back from the game.

Several Pacers played well tonight, considering we've got 2 or 3 starters sitting. Amazing what our team can do.

Saras was fantastic. He is so fast at spotting an open guy in the open court that the defense didn't even have time to get set and Saras fired the ball in to Jack and Granger. During the last 5 minutes (just like we've been hearing) Saras just flat took over. I can tell his teammates were stunned as well. I don't want to say very much about that, but it sure seemed like Ron and Jack both had a stunned look on their faces by how quick Saras was getting the ball in to them. This guy's three ball looks better than Reggie's too. It was amazing to watch let me tell ya, if you weren't there. We're probably going to get used to hearing about Saras, because he's the real deal!

The ballgame was going ok, but then at some point around the 8 minute mark in the fourth, the guys just started putting back to back stops together. Then came a couple three balls by Saras and a couple inside passes for two and we were off to the races.

Great finish by the "rookie!"How did Pollard and Tins look?

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:13 PM

IndyToad
Have a coupon

Exactly. Everyone needs to stop worrying so much.

indytoad
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Uhhh, okay. Im not half the board. So far, I've seen two Sarunases. One who plays tentative, and is probably worse than AJ. However, the Sarunas I've described above is very good. If you want to call BS on that, I guess that's alright, since that's all you ever do.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have put this in your thread - I didn't mean for it to single you out, sorry. It was just a general comment - perhaps the tone was too harsh. I understand that everyone is very excited for the season to get underway, so it's easy to blow everything out of proportion.

IndyToad
Kaboom

Pacesetter
10-13-2005, 11:16 PM
How did Pollard and Tins look?

Pollard played extremely well early on ... really the whole game he was making plays under the boards, which is what I've come to expect from Scot - when hius lower back isn't giving him fits.

Tinsley was a little tentative early and the coach benched him. Not sure if he had an ailment or what.

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Pollard played extremely well early on ... really the whole game he was making plays under the boards, which is what I've come to expect from Scot - when hius lower back isn't giving him fits.

Tinsley was a little tentative early and the coach benched him. Not sure if he had an ailment or what.Thanks.

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Did Bender really get 6 fouls in 12 min as ESPN shows?

Pacesetter
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Bender fouled out, yes that is true. I don't know about 12 mins but it sounds close.

zag
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Did Bender really get 6 fouls in 12 min as ESPN shows?

Yep he really did. He played 6 minutes in the first half, 6 in the second and picked up 3 fouls in each.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Better to foul out than tap out.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Have we had any updates on Bender's knees the past few days? Any soreness?

Mordecaii
10-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Have we had any updates on Bender's knees the past few days? Any soreness?

Slight soreness yesterday (day after the game) but nothing to be worried about apparently. Since he played today without any sign of pain then maybe he's actually doing ok?

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Better to foul out than tap out.True dat.

Ragnar
10-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Pollard went out limping.

Saras looked great in the 3th quarter tonight. I hope that is a sign of things to come. Ron looked very good tonight I guess he needed a game to knock the rust off.

Los Angeles
10-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm :cry: :mad: :cry: that you guys get to see the Pacers play and I don't.

Pacesetter
10-13-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm :cry: :mad: :cry: that you guys get to see the Pacers play and I don't.

Atleast you can hear first hand accounts of how awesome the new guys are! lol. 71 games on TV this year! ;)

Jon Theodore
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I LOVE SARUNAS!!!!!!

denyfizle
10-14-2005, 02:58 PM
All Saras haters should take note of his performace. He made most of his baskets when the game was on the line. I myself am hard to impress and I think Larry Bird is too. I hope all the wasted time focusing on Saras' weaknesses ends soon if you're a real Pacers fan coz the man is the real deal. Like I said in my other posts, the man is a "big time" player. I've seen him play in Europe and a lot of International comeptitions and to most that may be irrelevant coz there's simply no better competition than the NBA but regardless of how he adjusts, he is going to be worth all the hype and the money to our team. I know you could never replace Reggie's clutch but if there was any man in the world we could've gotten to try, SARAS is on top of that list.

MagicRat
10-14-2005, 03:32 PM
All Saras haters should take note of his performace. He made most of his baskets when the game was on the line..

He was impressive and fun to watch, but remember that in the fourth quarter he was playing with Artest, Jackson, Croshere and Granger against Deron Williams and 4 guys I've never heard of.

Still, I hope he continues to play well.........:woohoo:

Calgary Jazz
10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
He was impressive and fun to watch, but remember that in the fourth quarter he was playing with Artest, Jackson, Croshere and Granger against Deron Williams and 4 guys I've never heard of.

Still, I hope he continues to play well.........:woohoo:

Hi, Jazz fan here, ( but Pacers are my second favorite team;)). Yeah you are right, you guys should thank Jerry Sloan who kept rookies D.Williams and R.Whaley and 3 free agents all 4 quarter against your main guys. They turned ball over on 5!!! 24 sec shoot clock violations! Anyway, I am lithuanian for Canada and I am huge Saras fan also, I have seen him playing from probably 1996. So do not worry about his adjustment strugles, it is a new team, new rules, different officiating. He will need his time, but believe me you got the best creative point guard in the world!!! Defense is not his strenght but thats why you can play zone;)!
In my honest opppinion you guys are heavy favorites to win everything this season, but only if : Artest stays out of trouble and other main guys will avoid injuries.
So go Pacers!!! ( but not against Jazz;))