PDA

View Full Version : So..... guess who's hurt?

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
And no, not Bender. :eek:

But Tinsley has a bad lower back, and Pollard has a calf problem.

We have no centers, so say hello to Samaki "I'm the 15th man" Walker.

Tinsley already having trouble is not a good sign.

Is this team really just not meant to succeed? I mean this could all blow over in a month, but I mean here we are two games in and already Ron did/said something stupid, and now we're getting injuries scattered across the roster again.

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2005, 10:35 PM
And you've been a Pacers fan for how long? :laugh:

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:36 PM
And you've been a Pacers fan for how long? :laugh:

Is this a trick question?

NorCal_Pacerfan
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm with you on this. I was going to start a thread on this subject.

What's more important, really good players that say injury free, or great players that are always injured? This is just another reason we'll miss DD and JJ. (not to mention #31) What's up with Tinsley? Injured again? Jeez. What about Harrison? Injured. I could go on, but I won't....

lurks-a-lot
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I wonder sometimes with Tinsely if the reason for all his Injuries is because he just isn't in that great of shape. In college where you only play 20 games a season its not too hard on the body but when you have to play 82 some bodies just won't hold up, either because of condition or just body type.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 10:40 PM
They will be fine these are little injuries. JO would play if these games ment something.

Kaufman
We went through 10 years of the 90's where we were relatively injury free. I don't think we can complain or claim we are cursed. It happens. Give the guys a few days for their bodies to adjust. Playing a pickup basketball game, let alone an NBA game, you are doing damage to all kinds of muscles, joints, and vessels. Its not a low impact type of game. Give these guys some time to recover. I don't think you can fairly assess any damage at this point, two games into the preseason. Athletes as these guys are, nothing quite simulates a game situation and the stress the body is under during the game. These guys haven't played a true game since May-June. So give them time. Don't start writing people off just yet.

Pacers#1Fan
Welcome to Pacers basketball. It has its ups and downs.

NotLosingButWinning
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
the injuries are frustating as hell. but let's be realistic these guys don't want to be hurt. if they are hurt they are hurt, it's just something that happens. as far as we know no one is going to be out an extended period of time.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:44 PM
the injuries are frustating as hell. but let's be realistic these guys don't want to be hurt. if they are hurt they are hurt, it's just something that happens. as far as we know no one is going to be out an extended period of time.

I never assume it's because they're pussies or anything like that, I'm just sick of it happening like this. My positive energy was rallied around the idea that this year was going to be different than last year, but so far it's been deja vu.

Mr. Pink
10-13-2005, 10:44 PM
What did Ron do that was stupid?

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Minor injuries guys. We'll be alright.

Evan_The_Dude
On the lighter side of it, the injuries will allow for some playing time for the guys that are least likely to get it. This will make them play hard to earn time while they have the chance. For this reason, I'm not worried. Let them heal, and don't rush them back.

Kaufman
Each and every person would be hurt in this forum after playing only 10-12 minutes of NBA caliber basketball. Its not easy. We're two games in. Relax people. It takes time to condition. Relax.
Chill pill.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 10:46 PM
What did Ron do that was stupid?Ron Artest plays basketball and takes a few bad shots and its stupid. Jermaine goes 9 for 30 and its okay. Dont worry people on here just love to find things to hate on Ron for.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:47 PM
So because a bunch of average people in real life wouldn't physically cut it in the NBA, I'm supposed to rest easy that for the second preseason in a row we're becoming a hospital?

TheHotShot31
Where did you hear about Tinsley's back?

Mr. Pink
Ron Artest plays basketball and takes a few bad shots and its stupid. Jermaine goes 9 for 30 and its okay. Dont worry people on here just love to find things to hate on Ron for.

Ohh...I thought maybe he kicked a kid or something.

Jaydawg2270
what happended to fred

Lord Helmet
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I think we should close this thread before the basketball gods decide to punish us more.

:eek:

We have Harrison,Foster,Pollard as the most concerning injuries.

With Tinsley, Granger, O'Neal with the less concerning injuries.

I'd say the bottom players will be fine, our major concerns now should be shifting to the Center position.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Ron Artest plays basketball and takes a few bad shots and its stupid. Jermaine goes 9 for 30 and its okay. Dont worry people on here just love to find things to hate on Ron for.

You defenders are experts at missing the point. I don't give a damn about his stat line. Rick said he didn't play within the team's offense, and he's spending his time off the court talking about how he hasn't changed a bit, and basically implying he's still going to leap before he looks. That's what's stupid.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Well right now these players in some sense are "average people". Their bodies simply aren't conditioned to playing basketball quite yet. It happens. Give you an example. If you were a writer, and you sit and write stories all day, well your hand gets used to writing all day. It doesn't cramp up. But then the writer goes on vacation for three months. He can't get back to writing every day when he comes back without expecting some cramps again. Its how the process of muscle building and tearing down works.

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Where did you hear about Tinsley's back?On the radio during the game.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
That's not a great analogy because this isn't happening to every NBA team. I don't see the Piston's big men all going down. Or their starting PG. I could say the same for a lot of teams right now.

Mordecaii
10-13-2005, 10:52 PM
I think the most concerning part is that the people getting these early injuries are the ones who always seem to get the late in the season injuries as well...

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2005, 10:52 PM

So let me get this straight. If Ron has a bad game or says something wrong, there's a thread about it? So would that explain why there's no thread on how well he played tonight? ;)

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 10:53 PM
You defenders are experts at missing the point. I don't give a damn about his stat line. Rick said he didn't play within the team's offense, and he's spending his time off the court talking about how he hasn't changed a bit, and basically implying he's still going to leap before he looks. That's what's stupid.Ohh but what happend to we dont listen to what Ron Artest says? When Ron says something about being a changed man, well **** Ron who needs to listen to Ron. When Ron says something about playing like an animal, ohh man put Ron Artest in prison. What a horrible person lets trade him Jerome James.

And about him not playing with in the team offense it was his first damn game against real NBA players in what a year? He was trying to do too much but it was his first game. I wonder if Ricky will talk **** about Ron again tonight.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Ohh but what happend to we dont listen to what Ron Artest says? When Ron says something about being a changed man, well **** Ron who needs to listen to Ron. When Ron says something about playing like an animal, ohh man put Ron Artest in prison. What a horrible person lets trade him Jerome James.

And about him not playing with in the team offense it was his first damn game against real NBA players in what a year? He was trying to do too much but it was his first game. I wonder if Ricky will talk **** about Ron again tonight.

First of all, I never said I don't listen to what Ron says, and in fact the main guy who does say that is on Ron's side.

Secondly, you must think Rick's an idiot if you think he would say that without knowing what the hell he's talking about. Rick doesn't like petty bull**** from his players; he wouldn't say anything if there was nothing truly to be said.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 10:59 PM
How about when Stephen used to walk up the court and just jack up a 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock. Or how about Jamaal getting killed on defense and then running up the court and trying to do some streetball **** to try to get back at a player. Was that in the flow of the offense? There was alot of times when our players would play out of the plan for the offense and no one would say anything.No one ever made a big deal about any of it, Ron does it and OMG Trade him for Greg Ostertag.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Well Hicks the thing is, I don't know how much we are playing our starters in comparison to other teams. I'm at work too much of the day and then I don't have that much access to NBA at home. So I don't know the extent of the injury situation around the league. All I know is there are some injuries. And it's always to be expected at the beginning of a season. You have to give it two weeks and allow for some healing to go on before you can really assess injury, unless its an acute tear or pull or fracture or something to that nature. But for vague injuries, you have to wait on them.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I had a patient jump off a bridge last night in a suicide attempt. That is a stressful thing on the body. But he didn't break anything or pull anything. It will take a few weeks for him to see what kind of longer term injuries he might have.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
How about when Stephen used to walk up the court and just jack up a 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock. Or how about Jamaal getting killed on defense and then running up the court and trying to do some streetball **** to try to get back at a player. Was that in the flow of the offense? There was alot of times when our players would play out of the plan for the offense and no one would say anything.No one ever made a big deal about any of it, Ron does it and OMG Trade him for Greg Ostertag.

Um, those ARE problems. Wrongs don't make a right. The reason they don't get as much press is because neither of them is as consistently an issue as Ron, especially in the side-show/distraction department. Ron's BS earns him a tight leash. It's called consequence.

Kaufman
One suggestion I do have - if you are going to make a suicide attempt, make sure you are successful please.

Jermaniac
He could have went to Ron and told him he didnt have to put it out into the public.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
He could have went to Ron and told him he didnt have to put it out into the public.

Ron has done nothing to deserve slack.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I had a patient jump off a bridge last night in a suicide attempt. That is a stressful thing on the body. But he didn't break anything or pull anything. It will take a few weeks for him to see what kind of longer term injuries he might have.

Holy crap :sad:

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Its called keeping **** in house. This is type of thing that causes problems in a locker room. Maybe Rick should just talk **** about everyone of our players after they have a bad game, maybe we can develop nice chemistry and trust like that.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Its called keeping **** in house. This is type of thing that causes problems in a locker room. Maybe Rick should just talk **** about everyone of our players after they have a bad game, maybe we can develop nice chemistry and trust like that.

So out of all that Ron has done wrong, you're willing to excuse him, but Rick does this, and now chemistry wrecking is HIS fault?

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
When Ron says he hasn't changed a bit, how can you assume he means "I'd go into the stands again?". He could mean his overall personality, which for the most part gets him a lot of compliments [if you look past his temper issues].

So funny how anything said about Ron is going to be a negative.

Let me see, Ron possibly playing with the 2nd unit gets twisted into him and J.O. not being able to co-exsist.

"I'm not going to change, I'm still going to be ghetto" [or whatever he said] Somehow was turned into "I'm still going to cause problems that hurt the team"

Ron not having a good 1st PRESEASON game back on an NBA court in a full year with a full team of true NBA talent (note: summer leagues doesn't count), get's everybody's panties all tied up in a bunch.

I think people are forgetting that Ron's only past issue was his anger management or lack there of. Nobody has EVER ONCE questioned his focus on an NBA game in the regular season. Hell, I personally trust his on court ability more than any other player on this team, and yes that includes J.O.

Just my .02

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
If this is a way to get through to Ron, then it's certainly worth trying. Rick was just giving his analysis of Ron, yet everyone starts thinking catastrophe. Lets be reasonable, we've played a total of TWO preseason games. Lets wait until we see him play in the season before we start passing judgments on whether he is good or not.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah unfortunately we had to call the psychiatrists in afterwards to examine his head and mental decision making capability.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:12 PM
When Ron says he hasn't changed a bit, how can you assume he means "I'd go into the stands again?". He could mean his overall personality, which for the most part gets him a lot of compliments [if you look past his temper issues].

Find where I said anything about going into the stands.

So funny how anything said about Ron is going to be a negative.

Let me see, Ron possibly playing with the 2nd unit gets twisted into him and J.O. not being able to co-exsist.

I don't agree with those that say that. Sounds like overstated paranoia to me.

"I'm not going to change, I'm still going to be ghetto" [or whatever he said] Somehow was turned into "I'm still going to cause problems that hurt the team"

It implies it, if indirectly. I mean you tell me, what DOES he mean by "being ghetto?" Historically and socially, has anyone EVER meant that as a positive, other than wanting to sound "cool" in front of other "ghetto" people?

Ron not having a good 1st PRESEASON game back on an NBA court in a full year with a full team of true NBA talent (note: summer leagues doesn't count), get's everybody's panties all tied up in a bunch.

I haven't seen anyone moaning over his stats. If so, they need to get a grip, but I haven't seen that. Personally I don't care that his stats were bad.

I think people are forgetting that Ron's only past issue was his anger management or lack there of. Nobody has EVER ONCE questioned his focus on an NBA game in the regular season. Hell, I personally trust his on court ability more than any other player on this team, and yes that includes J.O.

Just my .02

I questioned it all year long. He tried to quit on the team for personal reasons BEFORE the brawl, and he has admitted he was selfish during the 2004 playoffs, putting personal stuff above the team. HE has said this.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:13 PM
If this is a way to get through to Ron, then it's certainly worth trying. Rick was just giving his analysis of Ron, yet everyone starts thinking catastrophe. Lets be reasonable, we've played a total of TWO preseason games. Lets wait until we see him play in the season before we start passing judgments on whether he is good or not.

Well it's not like we're talking about a NEW Pacer here. We've seen him plenty for over 3 years now. History is the best predictor of future behavior.

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Well it's not like we're talking about a NEW Pacer here. We've seen him plenty for over 3 years now. History is the best predictor of future behavior.

It's all stuff he's done before, so why the hell are we all surprised about it? Like you said, it's not new.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 11:14 PM
And now for the MAIN EVENT!!!
In the right corner... Dr. Hicks
In the left corner... Golly I'm Gullible

LLLEEEEEeeeettttsss geeeeeetttttttt reeeaaaddddyyyy too rrrummmmbbbllleeeeee

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
It's all stuff he's done before, so why the hell are we all surprised about it? Like you said, it's not new.

Not surprising. Disappointing.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM

LLLEEEEEeeeettttsss geeeeeetttttttt reeeaaaddddyyyy too rrrummmmbbbllleeeeee

:boxer:

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:20 PM

LLLEEEEEeeeettttsss geeeeeetttttttt reeeaaaddddyyyy too rrrummmmbbbllleeeeeeOhh thats a good one Golly I'm Gullible. Modern day Richard Pryor you are.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm ready for Hicks though, I'm Young Mike Tyson of this **** here.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Ohh thats a good one Golly I'm Gullible. Modern day Richard Pryor you are.

u mad

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm ready for Hicks though, I'm Young Mike Tyson of this **** here.

Well, IS reports I've banned you already, so isn't this fight over already?

:devil:

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Go back to your corners.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:25 PM
u madMan you guys keep missing the Doggy part. Its not that good if you dont put doggy in it. Come on Hicks step that game up. You going to have to come harder then that to knock out PD's Mike Tyson :)

And if you ban me I will just spend 4 years in prison and come back out and bite your ear off.

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Find where I said anything about going into the stands.

Not saying you did say that. But that would be the worst thing he could do [i think].

It implies it, if indirectly. I mean you tell me, what DOES he mean by "being ghetto?" Historically and socially, has anyone EVER meant that as a positive, other than wanting to sound "cool" in front of other "ghetto" people?

I'd love to explain this, but I think it's better suited for a separate thread in The Shout Box. But no, it's not a bad thing, and it's has nothing to do with being cool in front of other ghetto people.

I questioned it all year long. He tried to quit on the team for personal reasons BEFORE the brawl, and he has admitted he was selfish during the 2004 playoffs, putting personal stuff above the team. HE has said this.

I'm glad he had the balls to admit it. As for the quitting on the team part, I admit that was a dumba$$ move, but he obviously came back strong from that issue... before you know what...

My whole thing is that while Ron may have some issues, I know he's not a total dumba$$. Think about it, if he screws up this year, his career is done. If he can't make it on a championship contender, then he'd be proving he's worthless to every other team out there. I just don't believe he's that stupid. Sure, he might say some off the wall things, but he'd have to be the El-suproemo IDIOT to do something that will end his career.

Kaufman
10-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Lets all shake hands and move on to brighter things. We just had our first win of the young season and we're arguing and boxing. No more. Smile, both of you guys.

Ragnar
10-13-2005, 11:29 PM
There are always minor strains and injuries in pre season. Dont freak out just yet.

And Hicks it is happening to other teams. Maybe it has not bit the Pistons but it has bit other teams.

Evan_The_Dude
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
When Michael Curry shows up in our starting lineup again, then it's time to panic.

Though Eddie Gill starting would be honorable mention.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:36 PM
There are always minor strains and injuries in pre season. Dont freak out just yet.

And Hicks it is happening to other teams. Maybe it has not bit the Pistons but it has bit other teams.

If all this was were little 2 week bumps in the road, I wouldn't care. But when is Pollard healthy for long? Tinsley? Foster's injury keeps getting stretched out in the media. (That pisses me off; tell the truth from the beginning; either the press or those feeding them info). Harrison has a phantom injury. JO has a thigh bruise, which was Shaq's problem all Spring.

Unclebuck
10-13-2005, 11:42 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but I just heard Bender say his knee is really sore and he hinted he might sit out a few days. he sounded really frustrated

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but I just heard Bender say his knee is really sore and he hinted he might sit out a few days. he sounded really frustrated

:cry:

Where did you hear this.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 11:44 PM

Jesus. Just add another one to my list. This stuff just sucks the enthusiasm right out of the room.

Mordecaii
10-13-2005, 11:44 PM
I refuse to believe it

Pacers#1Fan
10-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I hope everyone is just over reacting.

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM

What did I say. Bender will never be healthy while playing basketball. It just WON'T happen.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but I just heard Bender say his knee is really sore and he hinted he might sit out a few days. he sounded really frustratedGood God, that sucks so bad. I really feel bad for JB, he wants to play but this damn knee problem just wont leave him alone.

SycamoreKen
10-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Why would that be a surprise. That would be like saying you thought Webber, B. Davis, or dozens of other members of the "we get injured every year" club would make it through unscathed.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 11:48 PM
"(On his playing time) We’re trying to pick the spots and be cautious. My knee is sore. And it will be sore. I will have to play through it and progress as the season goes on. We’ll take it game by game.”

Frank Slade
10-13-2005, 11:50 PM
what happended to fred

hyper extended knee

Unclebuck
10-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Sorry.

He was interviewed from the locker room on WIBC's post game show with Kevin Lee.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
"(On his playing time) We’re trying to pick the spots and be cautious. My knee is sore. And it will be sore. I will have to play through it and progress as the season goes on. We’ll take it game by game.”

okay, that doesn't sound quite as bad. Sounds like something he's been expecting.

However, if Bender can only make himself available for say one out of every three regular season games, he's pretty much worthless. I just hope he's taking these few games off because they are preseason.

Lord Helmet
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Mordecaii
Well I fully expect him to feel some pain after games for a while because you don't just come back from an injury and do all this physical activity without pain afterwards. Having broken my foot, I know how much it sucks and how long it can take to come back from a serious injury like that... It took me years to be able to get through a full basketball game without having to sit, and an extra year after that to be able to play often since I would have pain the day after I played.

It sounds to me like JB is at the point where he can play but he'll still have some pain the day after... But he (hopefully) shouldn't get reinjured to where he'll have to sit most of the year.

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 11:54 PM
okay, that doesn't sound quite as bad. Sounds like something he's been expecting.

However, if Bender can only make himself available for say one out of every three regular season games, he's pretty much worthless. I just hope he's taking these few games off because they are preseason.

Doesn't he expect it everytime? I don't know if it's just me, but everytime he says the same thing. We don't have time for him to play just spot minutes during the year. If he can't play, then he shouldn't.

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Doesn't he expect it everytime? I don't know if it's just me, but everytime he says the same thing. We don't have time for him to play just spot minutes during the year. If he can't play, then he shouldn't.

Pretty much what I meant. Hopefully his off-season work has gotten it to where the pain is bearable, but if it's going to be this off-again, on-again stuff for et another season, we should just give him a one-way ticket to the IR.

Unclebuck
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM

That quote is on Pacers.com. But that is not what he said to Joe Staysniak on WIBC.

Kaufman
10-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Scar tissue in the knees are a pain in the rear. Some guys can play through the pain, some can't. A lot of the time, the pain from the physical therapy is so bad it is hard to get back to a fully functional status.

RWB
10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Ohh thats a good one Golly I'm Gullible. Modern day Richard Pryor you are.

Let's hope not. The greatest comedian ever has MS.

ChicagoJ
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Not saying you did say that. But that would be the worst thing he could do [i think].

I don't know...

I'm glad he had the balls to admit it. As for the quitting on the team part, I admit that was a dumba$$ move, but he obviously came back strong from that issue... before you know what...

Right, he's actually already done worse things than go into the stands, and yet his coach still finds the need to publicly criticize his apporach to a team game.

BTW, he may have "come back strong" from that issue, but I think the team was already heading for an even bigger internal combustions. The best thing about last season was that it forced Ron and JO to spend some time apart from each other. Maybe Ron learned to accept JO's leadership, appreciate JO's MVP-caliber skills, and spent his time off thinking about how to fit into the team concept. Or maybe not.

My whole thing is that while Ron may have some issues, I know he's not a total dumba$$. Think about it, if he screws up this year, his career is done. If he can't make it on a championship contender, then he'd be proving he's worthless to every other team out there. I just don't believe he's that stupid. Sure, he might say some off the wall things, but he'd have to be the El-suproemo IDIOT to do something that will end his career.

Then again, some of us have been saying that he's the El-suproemo IDIOT since before he was traded to the Pacers... And he hasn't yet done anything to prove that to be an invalid assumption.

Bball
10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Pretty much what I meant. Hopefully his off-season work has gotten it to where the pain is bearable, but if it's going to be this off-again, on-again stuff for et another season, we should just give him a one-way ticket to the IR.

Too bad we can't just send him to the development league with a note not to come back until he can be a factor in games consistently and that includes being able to play in games consistently.

If he can't or won't play thru injuries (and at a capable level) then what good is he? It's just a distraction.

-Bball

Jon Theodore
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't think having Bender 1 out of every 3 games is devastating. Teams won't be prepared for him, he'll be like the secret weapon that could have a breakout game every once in a while.

Or he will play 7 games this season and not surprise any of us.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Bender could play productively once every three games.

DisplacedKnick
10-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Scar tissue in the knees are a pain in the rear. Some guys can play through the pain, some can't.

Well, that's been one of the great Bender debating points for years.

A) Is he injured or does he just hurt?

B) If he just hurts, is his pain tolerance too low for him to ever be successful?

FWIW, I was once a professional athlete (everyone here who's ever met me is now laughing - PM me for a brief explanation) and after a couple of weeks, pain was just a part of the package - it was gonna be there and you had to get through it. And old injuries would always bother you from time to time, no matter how you trained.

I've known a couple of other pro's in various sports and they say the same thing - at least for baseball and football. You're going to hurt at points during the seasons - they're long, brutal, and they take punishment that would kill a person not conditioned to it (not baseball so much - we'd just tear something up).

Bball
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't think having Bender 1 out of every 3 games is devastating. Teams won't be prepared for him, he'll be like the secret weapon that could have a breakout game every once in a while.

Or he will play 7 games this season and not surprise any of us.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Bender could play productively once every three games.

I would be surprised as well... because I don't think he can play 1 out of 3 games let alone play productively for most of them.

But hey, I'd be happy to collect a check like his and only have to show up 1/3rd of the time.

But that's really the point... it's a giant, expensive, potentially cancerous distraction and wasted roster spot for every game he can't/won't play or plays but is ineffective.

-Bball

jmoney2584
10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Fellas, Fellas, I've been through the Bender BS through the years as long as anyone else. But, despite the water tower-sized container of haterade that has been spilled all over this board, I have to remain optimistic because it's part of the returning process. No one said he re-hurt his knee, it's just sore. Big deal, i wake up with a sore back every day and i'll be damned if you don't see me at the Y during the week playing. Bender said he was going to play through it, let's just wait and see....it's only 2 games....can't we all just...get along?

DisplacedKnick
10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone - how would you know that preseason had actually started if Bender wasn't injured?

jmoney2584
10-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Good call. It's like a ritual now, Bender has to be in pain to some degree for the season to start duuh.

Lord Helmet
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Supportin' Jon-Jon=Supporting the Pacers.

grace
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't believe this has turned into a 4 page thread. :rolleyes: You all need boatload of Mydol. :chillpill :chillpill :chillpill

While it is disappointing that Jamaal hurt his back I've decided to look at the bright side. Thanks to the new dress code he can't wear his stupid t-shirt and jeans anymore. :pimp:

Note to Jamaal from the Fashion Police: Please, for the love of God, DO NOT BUY A SHIRT THAT IS TWO SIZES TOO BIG!!! :thankyou: