PDA

View Full Version : You know it seems to me

Destined4Greatness
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
That if we want Artest to work hard at restraining himself and helping the team win.

MAYBE WE SHOULD SUPPORT HIM. Not just insult him and say the Pacers don't need him. And to trade him for scrubs.

I swear JO could kill somebody and could be on his way to jail and none of us would be making up trades for him.

How do you expect somebody to work hard and control themselves if they have nobody to do it for.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
If a player has to feel he is universally loved and supported by all to succeed, especially when he's an ESTABLISHED problematic, he's pretty weak.

grace
10-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Supposedly Ron was supported by everyone on the team last year while he was suspended. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't give a :censored: what people on Pacers Digest think of him (primarily because I don't agree with half of them most of the time).

It would be interesting to see how Ron would have behaved last year if 11/19 had never happened. He'd already been suspended by Rick for "conduct detrimental" or something like that. I'd like to think he would have gotten his head out of his you know where, but who knows.

For now I choose to think that Ron's comments have just been him blowing smoke to cause a media stir. I believe that his teammates are smart enough not to pay attention to what he says and just smile politely when a reporter thinks the sky if falling.

I also believe that Ron's less than stellar performance in ONE PRESEASON GAME was just him shaking 10 months of rust off. If he has trouble motivating himself to play better I'm sure his coach and his teammates will step in as needed just as I'd like to think he'd do for them.

And if all else fails they could always slip him some psych drugs, but that would be illegal so instead I suggest that Tom Cruise with all this Scientology wisdom be Ron's counselor.

Destined4Greatness
10-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Yes a player shouldn't have to feel universally loved.

But within his own fanbase he shouldn't be universally hated.

grace
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
He's not universally hated. It's just that those of us who don't hate him don't feel like arguing with those who do.

Mac_Daddy
10-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Ronnie will be fine this year, and most likely the rest of his career. I think losing 6 mil showed him that. He will play hard and thats why I love him. I love intensity. I will support him 100%. As well as the team.

Peck
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
That if we want Artest to work hard at restraining himself and helping the team win.

MAYBE WE SHOULD SUPPORT HIM. Not just insult him and say the Pacers don't need him. And to trade him for scrubs.

I swear JO could kill somebody and could be on his way to jail and none of us would be making up trades for him.

How do you expect somebody to work hard and control themselves if they have nobody to do it for.

Conversely why should Ron restrain himself or work hard if he is supported for doing the opposite?

You need a balance. You can't just complain about something or someone all of the time but by the same token you can't just praise them all of the time either. Because eventually words have meaning.

If Ron even cared about fan support (I don't know if he does or doesn't) what would be his incentive to be a better person, player, teammate, etc. if whenever he tuned in all he ever saw was go Ron-Ron go?

BTW, there are very few Ron haters on here. Hell, there's really probably only 3 of us & I don't really hate him. I hate what he does & I am not a big fan of watching him play so many min.

OnlyPacersLeft
10-13-2005, 03:00 PM
let's trade ron for Eddie Robinson and a 2nd round conditional protected draft pick....
how bout that?

indygeezer
10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Yes a player shouldn't have to feel universally loved.

But within his own fanbase he shouldn't be universally hated.

He would be if he played for the Yanks or Knicks. Indy players have it pretty soft when it comes to fan and media reaction.

Knucklehead Warrior
10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Ron needs to shut up and do his job. He owes us.

Unclebuck
10-13-2005, 03:59 PM
You guys have to read this. This is priceless, from RATS. I knew it was all those balcony types

www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121191

Haters Digest....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to bring up that disgraced forum again, but I just want people to know how much I appreciate this forum.

This other Pacer forum has been infested with Ron Artest haters and people who hate our players because they are from the ghetto.

What I have come to realize, is those fans who sit in the upper bowls and generally have $20 seats seem to be more backwards (no offense at all to the great fans who are up there) but in the numbers to be more backwards and haters than the ones in the lower bowl. The fans in the lower bowl univerally love Ron Artest because they are more hip with culture but the one's in the Upper Bowl tend to be more the type who love country music and hate hip hip music and ghetto players, hence they don't like Ron because he speaks out...

I applaud Rick Carlisle for speaking out to try to set the tone of his team, but in no way does that mean he wants to trade Ron. Ron Artest is our key and success to a championship. On Haters Digest, they think Danny Granger is ready to start and lead us to a title or maybe they don't care about a title but I do...

Ron is a type of player who will shut down the opposing player's main offensive force and dominate defensively. Ron creates our team into a top 2-3 team in the league...

Again, thank god this forum has majority great Pacer fans and not like Haters Digest. If you go read the filth on there, some-times you would think it was a Pistons forum with all the negativity and blame on our players.

indygeezer
10-13-2005, 04:05 PM
YA beat me to it UB....again.

Read the whole thread and the tell me if Nicko- sounds like who I think it is.

Frank Slade
10-13-2005, 04:06 PM
hip hip music ??? Yeah way to know your stuff....

RATS is for the massess who talk alot but have nothing at all to say..
I could not believe my eyes when I stumbled on to this forum compared to RATS... it was like deciding if I wanted a #2 meal at Mcdonalds or a table for two at the Eagle's Nest .. was not really a choice at all....;)

grace
10-13-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd watch what people say about the balcony types. Spit can't fight gravity for long.

Since86
10-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I'd watch what people say about the balcony types. Spit can't fight gravity for long.

How long can it fight the TV screen?:D

RWB
10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm afraid Earl is correct on this. Actually it's embarassing but I saw Earl conducting a Nazi/Klan/Aryan Brotherhood/World Church meeting right there in the upper levels of Conseco and there was alot of ticked off members. They didn't pass out their secret hater decoder rings that night.

Arcadian
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Why does the fieldhouse segragate the racists and the cool people? That's just wrong.

Supporting Ron = Supporting Hip Hop

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM
YA beat me to it UB....again.

Read the whole thread and the tell me if Nicko- sounds like who I think it is.

That thread was somewhat amazing.

But however did we leave rojo in that wasteland?

RWB
10-13-2005, 04:46 PM

DK, Rojo was/had been invited out of there several times.

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
DK, Rojo was/had been invited out of there several times.

I know it - I've invited him myself but he decided to stay in purgatory.

Suaveness
10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Dear god people, it's been one preseason game. Get a grip.

Will Galen
10-13-2005, 04:52 PM

That was great Grace! I never heard that one before. Had me laughing outloud!

Los Angeles
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't hate Artest, I just hate talking about him.

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2005, 04:53 PM
GETTING A GRIP=SUPPORTING RON ARTEST

It does? I always thought it meant something else but I guess I did a lot of Ron Artest supporting in my younger days.

I'm just not up on current lingo I guess. :confused:

(Don't ask me why but for some reason I feel the urge to make every thread I participate in lurch off-topic - maybe I should just quit posting for today)

able
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Kickin Btowncolt's arse = supporting the Pacers

heywoode
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM

FRIGGIN PRICELESS!

RWB
10-13-2005, 04:57 PM
/THE SQUARE ROOT OF PI=SUPPORTING RON ARTEST

Btown, there is no Square in pie. Pie R round.....

Eindar
10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
How long can it fight the TV screen?:D

I like this one better :)

Hicks
10-13-2005, 05:09 PM
You guys have to read this. This is priceless, from RATS. I knew it was all those balcony types

www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121191 (http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121191)

Haters Digest....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to bring up that disgraced forum again, but I just want people to know how much I appreciate this forum.

This other Pacer forum has been infested with Ron Artest haters and people who hate our players because they are from the ghetto.

What I have come to realize, is those fans who sit in the upper bowls and generally have $20 seats seem to be more backwards (no offense at all to the great fans who are up there) but in the numbers to be more backwards and haters than the ones in the lower bowl. The fans in the lower bowl univerally love Ron Artest because they are more hip with culture but the one's in the Upper Bowl tend to be more the type who love country music and hate hip hip music and ghetto players, hence they don't like Ron because he speaks out...

I applaud Rick Carlisle for speaking out to try to set the tone of his team, but in no way does that mean he wants to trade Ron. Ron Artest is our key and success to a championship. On Haters Digest, they think Danny Granger is ready to start and lead us to a title or maybe they don't care about a title but I do...

Ron is a type of player who will shut down the opposing player's main offensive force and dominate defensively. Ron creates our team into a top 2-3 team in the league...

Again, thank god this forum has majority great Pacer fans and not like Haters Digest. If you go read the filth on there, some-times you would think it was a Pistons forum with all the negativity and blame on our players.

That's Sassan. Funny how that shows up after his latest alias gets banned...

Hicks
10-13-2005, 05:11 PM

This is "Kiddies Digest" to him. I offend him.

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Again, no true Pacer fan blames Ron for what happened on November 19.

I love this.

naptownmenace
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
GETTING A GRIP=SUPPORTING RON ARTEST

:lol:

Dear God, we really need the regular season to start. :pray:

ajbry
10-13-2005, 05:36 PM
:lol:

Dear God, we really need the regular season to start. :pray:

Definitely agree with that - been a long offseason.

MagicRat
10-13-2005, 05:53 PM
And here I thought Sassan and I were friends......:sad:

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
And here I thought Sassan and I were friends......:sad:
You mad gummy sad.

McClintic Sphere
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
You mad gummy sad.

I have nothing to add other than Harmy I loooooove you're new avatar. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny!

SoupIsGood
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Dear god people, it's been one preseason game. Get a grip.

AMEN

MagicRat
10-13-2005, 07:14 PM
You mad gummy sad.

You ain't jonkin'......

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I have nothing to add other than Harmy I loooooove you're new avatar. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny!
God love 'im. I was weened on Johnny and Glen Campbell.

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
You ain't jonkin'......

http://www.cardyologies.com/sitebuilder/images/Corny-169x250.jpg

McClintic Sphere
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
God love 'im. I was weened on Johnny and Glen Campbell.

My dad had Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison on vinyl, and I still consider it one of the most vibrant and thrilling albums I have ever heard.

Bball
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
You mad gummy sad.

Is there a story behind ol' Johnny's 'pose' in your avatar?

Did someone call him Sue?

-Bball

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
My dad had Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison on vinyl, and I still consider it one of the most vibrant and thrilling albums I have ever heard.
Yeah, it was mom and she had both At Folsom Prison and At San Quentin on vinyl. She played them constantly until those songs were indelibly burned into my brain. I was taken with Johnny's brazen anti-authoritarian manner throughout those concerts and have never given much thought about it until now how much those recordings must have affected me. Thanks mom!

Harmonica
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Is there a story behind ol' Johnny's 'pose' in your avatar?

Did someone call him Sue?

-Bball

"The story (at least the most believable one) is that photographer Jim Marshall, snapping pictures of Cash before a concert at San Quentin Prison, asked Cash for a shot 'for the warden,' and got this result."

http://www.penmachine.com/musicpages/greatestphoto.html

grace
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Why does the fieldhouse segragate the racists and the cool people? That's just wrong.

Reason number 18,345 why I don't have season tickets anymore.

McClintic Sphere
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Great anecdote. Thanks for the link. I wonder aloud whether the Joaquin Phoenix turn as Johnny is going to do him justice.

grace
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
That was great Grace! I never heard that one before. Had me laughing outloud!

I'd never heard it before either. I was going to say something about peeing off the balcony, but decided that was in poor taste. Spit is so much more sanitary.

Naptown Seth
10-13-2005, 08:14 PM
What does that "balcony types" comment mean? Are you assuming because they can only afford balcony tickets to Pacer games, that they're poorer, and therefor less civilized than yourself? Thats like me assuming you're an overweight computer nerd because you seem to be here 24/7.

And as for the IndyStar forum - I like it much better than this place to be honest. It's basically uncensored, open-minded Pacer discussion whereas this place is censored, and if you go against an admin it's lights out for you. As a matter of fact my account will probably be deleted because of this one post.

grace
10-13-2005, 08:15 PM
FRIGGIN PRICELESS!

You know me, I'm always campaigning for post of the year. Thank you for your support. :cookie:

grace
10-13-2005, 08:17 PM
As a matter of fact my account will probably be deleted because of this one post.

No, but you might just get the honor of making my ignore list an even dozen.

Naptown Seth
10-13-2005, 08:34 PM
That's fine. I don't like NASCAR fans anyways. They're beneath me and they all have mullets.

grace
10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
That's fine. I don't like NASCAR fans anyways. They're beneath me and they all have mullets.

I suppose you have something against South Park too.

Arcadian
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
What does that "balcony types" comment mean? Are you assuming because they can only afford balcony tickets to Pacer games, that they're poorer, and therefor less civilized than yourself? Thats like me assuming you're an overweight computer nerd because you seem to be here 24/7.

And as for the IndyStar forum - I like it much better than this place to be honest. It's basically uncensored, open-minded Pacer discussion whereas this place is censored, and if you go against an admin it's lights out for you. As a matter of fact my account will probably be deleted because of this one post.

UB was being sarcastic. The thread he was quoting held that view.

Jermaniac
10-13-2005, 10:05 PM
You are very wrong on that comment about people not wanting to trade JO, lots of people here would love to trade Jermaine. I'm not one of them but alot of people wouldnt mind him getting traded.

Hicks
10-13-2005, 10:22 PM

:rolleyes:

However, if you feel that way, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. But by no means do you deserve a banning. That's silly.

Kegboy
10-14-2005, 12:16 AM

He just broke the cherry on mine. I don't care if he stays or not, either way I won't have to put up with his idiocy anymore.

Jermaniac
10-14-2005, 12:22 AM

And as for the IndyStar forum - I like it much better than this place to be honest. It's basically uncensored, open-minded Pacer discussion whereas this place is censored, and if you go against an admin it's lights out for you. As a matter of fact my account will probably be deleted because of this one post.I go against admins all the time I have never been censored or banned. This is by far the best Pacers forum on the net.

indytoad
10-14-2005, 12:35 AM
I especially liked the bit about all the backwards people infesting the online forums. Shouldn't all the hip people be the ones with the broadband power? I figured us hicks would still be trying to use typewriters.

Secondly, I get banned all the time and this is still the best Pacers forum, by far.

IndyToad
We are friends and we are laughing

Lord Helmet
10-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Come on, Naptown. :unimpress

Stop buying into all that fake propaganda about the admins banning people here if they disagree.

It's :bs:

Kegboy
10-14-2005, 01:29 AM
It's :bs:

No, it's just some people are too stupid to realize the :banned: smiley isn't an admin.

Harmonica
10-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Well, well, well, will you looky here, the Haters Digest thread on RATS has been deleted. Can't say I recall an entire thread being deleted here. Wonder how ol' nickobicko feels about that.

heywoode
10-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd never heard it before either. I was going to say something about peeing off the balcony, but decided that was in poor taste. Spit is so much more sanitary.

Nah, isn't pee sterile?!

Talking ***** people deserve it anyway...

RWB
10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, well, well, will you looky here, the Haters Digest thread on RATS has been deleted. Can't say I recall an entire thread being deleted here. Wonder how ol' nickobicko feels about that.

Thats because people do not understand being real, being from the ghetto. I'm like Kravitz, what you really need to be afraid of is the suburb.

Teenage had a race for the night time.....
Spent my cash on every high I could find
Wasted time in every school in L.A.
Getting loose, I didn't care what the kids say

We're white punks on dope
Mom and Dad moved to Hollywood
Hang myself when I get enough rope
Can't clean up, though I know I should
White punks on dope.

Other dudes are living in the ghetto
But born in Pacific Height don't seem much betto

Mom and Dad live in Hollywood
I can't clean up, though I know I should
White punks on dope
White punks on dope

I go crazy' cause my folks are so f...ing rich
Have to score when I get that rich white punk itch
Sounds real classy, living in a chateau
So lonely, all the other kids will never know

Mom and Dad live in Hollywood
Can't clean up, though I know I should
White punks on dope
White punks on dope

ChicagoJ
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM

First, Section204 = "Balcony type" But according to Peck, I make the most money of anyone on here. :shrug: :confused:

Second, "if you go against an admin it's lights out for you". Yes, I've successfully rescued PD from all the Ron Artest-love. :evillaugh No, wait, maybe I haven't, and I haven't even tried. I look forward to the debates, discussions, arguments, and differences of opinion. I "go at it" with quite a few guys on here, on numerous different topics.

Its human nature that if I'm debating with somebody I've been talking to for a long, long time that I'll give them a bit more slack.

But I noticed you never responded to me on the Rasheed Wallace thread. And I was looking forward to continuing that discussion. Matter of fact, you didn't really give yourself a very good repuation in that thread, but I'm fairly certain that wasn't "lights out for you".

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15264