PDA

View Full Version : Foster out indefinitely with an Achilles injury?

Bball
10-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Sooo... I'm reading thru my Star this morning/afternoon and Mike Wells is doing a rundown of the injury situation... Granger and JO are improving and wanted to play... Harrison only warmed up but was remaining optimistic despite the pain in his side that is yet to be diagnosed... AND Foster is out indefinitely with an Achilles injury.

Have I missed something somewhere? I don't remember anything about an Achilles injury.

Sorry... no link...
I read it in ink

-Bball

Bball
10-12-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm guessing Mike was so busy answering Ask The Expert questions that he just put down the wrong kind of injury.

Maybe they just spin a needle on a wheel? ...Same wheel the training staff used last year to diagnose injuries...

-Bball

sweabs
10-12-2005, 01:58 PM
That sucks - I had/have a lot of problems with my achilles when I was younger, and it can be very irritating and nagging. I was later diagnosed with achilles tendonitis.

If it's true, then shame on us for believing "recovering from hip surgery" actually means "recovering hip surgery". We should know better than that.

naptownmenace
10-12-2005, 02:01 PM
This isn't new. Rick mentioned this last week at the start of training camp.

IIRC, Rick said that the hip is coming along fine but he tweaked his achilles along the way.

I'll see if I can find a link.

Doug
10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
If he really does have achilles tendonitis, I bet he changed his walking/running mechanics trying to compensate for his hip problem.

I'm dealing with this right now and I bet it's related a turf-toe problem.

sweabs
10-12-2005, 02:05 PM
If he really does have achilles tendonitis, I bet he changed his walking/running mechanics trying to compensate for his hip problem.

I'm dealing with this right now and I bet it's related a turf-toe problem.

Great point - I forgot to mention that I developed my achilles tendonitis compensating for a torn hamstring.

The only thing that I find helps the achilles' problems is lot's, and LOT'S of stretching before activity (even at that, you still experience the irritation and nagging that I mentioned before...or at least I do).

Unclebuck
10-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I heard on the radio broadcast last night, I believe from Mark Boyle (although it could have been Kevin Lee) that Jeff is having Achilles problems now because he over-compensated due to the hip problems.

Sounds like Jeff is on the shelf until Christmas

Edit: I want to make it clear, that it appears to me Jeff Might be out for awhile. That is my opinion, not something I heard on the radio broadcast last night

naptownmenace
10-12-2005, 02:20 PM
If Jeff is on the shelf for an extended time, I think the Pacers will struggle a bit. Even if Hulk was 100%, I'd say that Jeff is the best Center on the team.

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 02:20 PM
I heard on the radio broadcast last night, I believe from Mark Boyle (although it could have been Kevin Lee) that Jeff is having Achilles problems now because he over-compensated due to the hip problems.

Sounds like Jeff is on the shelf until Christmas

:pissed:

Well if they can fix Harrison's pain in the side problem. this is the opportunity for him to step up....

:pray:

Jon Theodore
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Jermaine needs to step it up. Put granger at the 4, bring bender/DH off the bench to back both of those guys up and we are fine.

Ron's gonna be playing like 38 min a night anyhow at SF. Meaning Granger could be seeing serious minutes.

Jermaine is big enough to play center and he needs to start doing it. He mentioned not feeling like he needed to score so much this year. PROVE IT.

If granger can become a force on the boards and start at the 4 with JO at center. That is a SICK lineup.

I also think we should start fred and bring sjack off the bench. That way our 2nd unit has that instant offensive spark.

Jo/freddy/ron/granger/JO

with sjack/bender/DH/AJ/Saras off the bench
i like that lineup.

And it's obvious were picking up samaki walker. At least he can grab boards.

Kstat
10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
how is Granger going to play PF :laugh:

Slick Pinkham
10-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Granger won't ever play the 4.

Bender and Pollard will have to step up, along with Harrison.

This might cinch the #15 spot for Samaki Walker.

Unclebuck
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Granger will play the 4

MagicRat
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Granger will play the 4

how if Granger going to play PF :laugh:

(I think he can play some 4. He's bigger than people think......)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bball
10-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I guess the Achilles comment is not a mistake and Foster is more banged up than we've been led to believe.

It looks like Samaki's chances of making the team are going up.

-Bball

Arcadian
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Granger can play the 4 but I don't want him starting there and he is out of position.

MagicRat
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I guess the Achilles comment is not a mistake and Foster is more banged up than we've been led to believe.

-Bball

The box score for last night's game says DNP-Sore Left Achilles.

Conrad maintains that he could possibly be ready for the season opener in today's QoD..........:whoknows:

Believe_in_blue
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM

Yep. and snap will be sent to the d league

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 03:45 PM

2005 NBA DRAFT CAMP MEASUREMENTS
Name Height Height( with shoes)Weight Wingspan Reach
Graham, Joey 6' 5" 6' 6" 216.6 6' 8" 8' 8"
Granger, Danny 6' 7" 6' 8" 225.4 7' 1 " 8' 7

Yep..and what a wingspan !!!

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 03:45 PM

2005 NBA DRAFT CAMP MEASUREMENTS

[
B]Name Granger, Danny
Height 6' 7&#189;"
Height(with shoes)6' 8&#189;"
Weight 225.4
Wingspan 7' 1&#189;
Reach " 8' 7

Yep..and what a wingspan !!!

Slick Pinkham
10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Yep. and snap will be sent to the d league

I believe that you must make the 15-man roster to go to the D league. It is that way so teams can't have more than 15 players under contract and stash them away in the D league.

Teams with 3, 2, or 1 D league players will have 12, 13, or 14 man NBA rosters. Injury exceptions might be available.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Pacerized
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
I haven't read anything to lead me to believe that Jeff will be out for any long period of time. He may miss a few preseason games, but they planned on bringing him back slowly. I doubt if that has changed.

Kstat
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
If you send a guy to the D league, he still takes up a roster spot.

Bball
10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
And in today's Star the team is backing up a bit on saying Foster will be ready for the opener due to this Achilles injury. While not ruiling out his availability just yet the Star is reporting "there is some concern" about him being ready for the opener.

Again, no link...
I read it in ink...

-Bball

grace
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Again, no link...
I read it in ink...

-Bball

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051013/SPORTS04/510130415/1062/NLETTER01

Injury update

Carlisle said forward Jermaine O'Neal (thigh) might play tonight against Utah. Rookie Danny Granger (ankle) is doubtful and David Harrison (side pain) and Jeff Foster (Achilles tendon) are out.

There is some concern that Foster might not be ready for the regular-season opener Nov. 2 at Orlando. He has not participated in contact drills in practice.

"It's hard to say," Carlisle said. "We still believe he'll be ready for Nov. 2, but right now it's hard to put an exact date on his return. We're trying not to take any unnecessary risks with him."