PDA

View Full Version : Free Throws

Kaufman
10-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Dear all,

Who is going to shoot our free throws when there is a technical foul on the other team? Just arose to me that there's no Reggie anymore to do that.

tinsley#11
10-12-2005, 01:30 AM
A-Cro is always a good option for good free throw shooting

GO!!!!!
10-12-2005, 01:33 AM
i'd go for Jax, then Cro, Then Bender, Then Freddie J

beast23
10-12-2005, 01:44 AM
i'd go for Jax, then Cro, Then Bender, Then Freddie JJax would be okay. Other than that, I'd say let's try to pick someone who is likely to be on the floor.

SoupIsGood
10-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Sarunas if he's in. Artest maybe, he had a good % last year at least.

GO!!!!!
10-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Thats why I sort of had them in that Order

Jax Starter....

Croshere Second Unit

Bender When ever's he there is good

Jones because he's good and more then likely could be on when neather Jax nor Croshere is on

Peace

Maybe the title should be Technical Free Throw Shooter...

GO!!!!!
10-12-2005, 02:00 AM
I was thinking about Artest but he missed two massive free throws Against Miami a couple years back....

and whats Sara's like... is the free throw distance the same as europe :buddies:

Believe_in_blue
10-12-2005, 02:49 AM
My first option would be cro if hes on the floor, but that just seems unlikly. I would just go with whoever has the best ft pecentage on the floor.

317Kim
10-12-2005, 06:32 AM
the only thing is that Jax is a little streaky....but Cro's good for the job.

Kaufman
10-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Cro I don't think will have too much PT. We're gonna be in trouble :(
We don't have any clutch regulars. Jasik, I don't know if he's gonna be that much of a regular??

Ragnar
10-12-2005, 09:31 AM
After J.O. made those two in Denver I was ready to turn it over to him.

Kegboy
10-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Cro
AJ
Gill (yes, go look at his stats)
JB
Fred
Jack

and Cabbage will probably be in there somewhere.

Spicoli
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I thought what we did when Reggie wasn't in the game was go with whoever had the highest season FT % that was on the court? My guess is that's how they'll decide.

grace
10-12-2005, 02:22 PM

Jermaine is better than he used to be, but he wouldn't be my first option. Maybe Austin can lobby for more minutes. [Eric Cartman] But ccooach, I've the best free throw shooter on the tteamm.[/Eric Cartman]

(Note to VA: I purposely misspelled "coach" and "team" in a vain attempt to convey Mr. Cartman's speech pattern.)

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
no Jax how many times last year did he miss critical free throws when we needed them sorry ,, he is a good FT shooter but when the pressure is on he seems to hit a few off the rim....

sweabs
10-12-2005, 02:40 PM
no Jax how many times last year did he miss critical free throws when we needed them sorry ,, he is a good FT shooter but when the pressure is on he seems to hit a few off the rim....

That's because his shot has no backspin.

He rarely, if ever gets the shooters' roll. The shot goes up, and it better be a swish, because otherwise it's bouncing right over the backboard.

I remember when we first acquired Jackson, and were trying to think up nicknames; someone mentioned "Boing". That always seemed appropriate, especially on Jack's off nights.

Spicoli
10-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I always thought "Boing" was reserved for one of the Pacemates?? :confused: :confused:

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I always thought "Boing" was reserved for one of the Pacemates?? :confused: :confused:

no that would be "Boing-Boing";)

Arcadian
10-12-2005, 04:08 PM
no that would be "Boing-Boing";)

I thought that was reserved for the Pacer's second unit.

Jaydawg2270
10-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Thats why I sort of had them in that Order

Jax Starter....

Croshere Second Unit

Bender When ever's he there is good

Jones because he's good and more then likely could be on when neather Jax nor Croshere is on

Peace

Maybe the title should be Technical Free Throw Shooter...

i think u forgot how jax missed those two freethrows agaisnt the sixers

317Kim
10-12-2005, 05:00 PM

:nod: True true! :-p

Suaveness
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I say Pollard. What else do we have to lose?

Spicoli
10-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I say Pollard. What else do we have to lose?

Pollard was 4 for 4 from the field last night and even hit a couple of long jumpers. The Nets announcers said if they had done scouting for this game they would have known Polly was capable of hitting the 18 foot jump shot.

That was news to me.....

Pacers#1Fan
10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Pollard was 4 for 4 from the field last night and even hit a couple of long jumpers. The Nets announcers said if they had done scouting for this game they would have known Polly was capable of hitting the 18 foot jump shot.

That was news to me.....He was hitting some nice jumpers at the FanJam during warmups.

317Kim
10-12-2005, 06:59 PM
yup! he was doin well in preseason and from what I've heard and saw he was doin well @ FanJam too.

Kaufman
10-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I just want to say that I don't think you all get it. There needs to be a sense of urgency about this question. We need a guy, a clutch guy, a guy who's gonna be in the game at least greater than 30 minutes who can shoot crucial free throws. Let me spin it a little differently, who's going to shoot the FT's when we are nursing the 2 or 3 point lead with the game winding down. Who's hands are we gonna put the orange in? We can't bring in Gill, cold off the bench, and ask him to go up to the line and shoot FTs. How many games did Reg win and preserve for us bc he could be relied upon in the last 1 min when the other team was looking to intentionally foul?? Understand the gravity of this problem that has been created by the loss of our favorite guy.

SoupIsGood
10-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow today really is overreaction day.

Frank Slade
10-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I just want to say that I don't think you all get it. There needs to be a sense of urgency about this question. We need a guy, a clutch guy, a guy who's gonna be in the game at least greater than 30 minutes who can shoot crucial free throws. Let me spin it a little differently, who's going to shoot the FT's when we are nursing the 2 or 3 point lead with the game winding down. Who's hands are we gonna put the orange in? We can't bring in Gill, cold off the bench, and ask him to go up to the line and shoot FTs. How many games did Reg win and preserve for us bc he could be relied upon in the last 1 min when the other team was looking to intentionally foul?? Understand the gravity of this problem that has been created by the loss of our favorite guy.

Relax we have a

http://gfx.dvlabs.com/klipmart/campaigns/sta001/images/easybutton_lg_top.gif

Hicks
10-12-2005, 08:47 PM
:laugh:

Kaufman
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
AGH. You'll see. You'll all see. Don't be whining later about say the 18th game of the season when we lose a close game bc Gill couldn't come in and shoot FTs. You'll ALL regret this. ALL OF YOU.

Kaufman
10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I assure yall, Andy might have had Tony Clifton, but Stephen Jackson is NO Tony Clifton!