PDA

View Full Version : Bball Has Pacers Digest Suggestion

Bball
10-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Rather than send Hicks' a PM I thought I'd post it here since I don't know that I have the best 'solution' to a problem that only I may be seeing....

The 'problem' (as small as it is) is the amount of people posting the same stuff like articles from various sources. The thing is, the subject line could be used better. Somebody sees an article or interview that is new to them and quickly scans PD for it and then posts it. But many times it's already here but the subject line doesn't really give enough info.

Soooo I'd propose people utilize their subject lines better (using the source and the actual title (or part of it) from the source.
IE:
"Indy Star- Artest Opens Lemonade Stand"

"ESPN- Pacers to sign 16 year old 7' Euro"

"CNN- Mike Brown Has Stalker Named Kegboy"

....yada yada yada...

Just a suggestion.

-Bball

heywoode
10-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Sounds good to me...but I'm easy.

:cool:

Will Galen
10-12-2005, 12:21 AM
I think that's a good suggestion since that's the way I've been doing it.

I always scan the front page of the digest before even starting to post an article. If the articles name has been changed I sometimes miss it.

Suaveness
10-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Those sound like very good suggestions. It makes it easier on the eyes too.

Not to mention we may have read those articles already and don't need to.

Though I might suggest a change:

"CNN- Primoz Brezec Has Stalker Named Kegboy"

317Kim
10-12-2005, 06:39 AM
yeah thats what I usually do.

Unclebuck
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Good suggestions, and it is something I try to do all the time. The trick is having a subject line that accurately reflects the topic you are about to discuss and at the same time trying to be a little creative.

Kegboy
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
"CNN- Primoz Brezec Has Stalker Named Kegboy"

Damn. Just when I had those liberal fools thinking I was after Mike. I'll get you for this, Suave!!!

Slick Pinkham
10-13-2005, 07:27 AM
bump- this is a great plan

Mourning
10-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Yup! All for it!