PDA

View Full Version : Who does Saras compare to?

himikey
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Any ideas from those who've watched the preseason?

Anthem
10-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, we haven't played a real game yet.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to compare him to anybody right now. Tinsley was pummeling him, but when Tinsley wants to and is in good shape he can pummel pretty much anybody.

Give the kid some time to adjust. I think he'll be a solid player for us.

Pacers#1Fan
10-11-2005, 08:11 AM
It's not easy to say only having seen him in scrimmage.

beast23
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Brewer could defend but not shoot.

Saras can shoot but not defend.

Why would you say that?

rabid
10-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Hard to say if Saras can shoot or not - I don't remember him shooting at all during the scrimmage - MAYBE once.

Dude can pass, though - reminded me of Stockton or Steve Nash, seriously.

Unclebuck
10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Why do we always compare white players to white players and black players to black players. Sorry, there isn't much else to talk about right now.

Cro is always compared to Van Horn.

I'm sure Saras is a lot like Stockton, Mark Price or Steve Nash, and nothing like Damon Jones, Jason terry, or Chris Childs.

Not trying to start a heated discussion on race, just making an observation. Perhaps comparing white players to white players and black players to black players is valid

dannyboy
10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Hopefully Gary Payton, Carlos Arroyo, and Nick Van Exel

burnzone
10-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Why do we always compare white players to white players and black players to black players. Sorry, there isn't much else to talk about right now.

Cro is always compared to Van Horn.

I'm sure Saras is a lot like Stockton, Mark Price or Steve Nash, and nothing like Damon Jones, Jason terry, or Chris Childs.

Not trying to start a heated discussion on race, just making an observation. Perhaps comparing white players to white players and black players to black players is valid
Honestly, I've heard all of the Stockton, and Nash comparisons with Sarunas, and I don't think the comparisons have anything to do with skin color, but more similar skillsets, and being pass-oriented PG's.

But I actually feel like if I had to choose an NBA player to compare Sarunas to, so someone that's never seen him, or any clips of him before could get an idea of what he plays like, I would compare him to Jamaal.

Not necessarily how Jamaal is now, because I feel like Jamaal is more refined, and polished compared to his rookie season, but the court vision, the passing, the leadership, the ball handling, the outside shooting, and the creating shots for others all seem similar between the 2.

But once Sarunas gets comfortable, and gets to know his teammates tendencies better, I think we will have 2 similar PG's, in that they both can break down defenses, and find pinhole passing lanes, and also fill it up from outside when needed.

The main difference I've seen from the Euroleague play, and the Olympics, is the Sarunas is a very fiery competitor, and does not hesitate to do whatever is necessary to motivate his teammates, and tell them where they need to be.

I personally, am very excited for this season to get started, and I think we have possibly the best depth at the PG spot in the NBA.

Unclebuck
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
One other thing about Saras. He seems like a guy who raises his level of play during games and I would guess he's not used to practicing really hard over in Eurpoe. He perhaps isn't a good practice player.

Jon Theodore
10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I think the issue is clearly him not gelling with the teammates yet.

No one probably remembers, but I was avidly against signing him because the core of our team is basically "self proclaimed gangsters."

Sarunas is obviously not. But I hope all works out, but I was worried about this kid getting along with anyone on this team. Hopefully Cro, Pollard, and Feisty will befriend him.

From the small clips I saw, looked like JO was kind of making fun of him. Didn't settle well with me at all.

But I hate JO, a lot.

Unclebuck
10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I think the issue is clearly him not gelling with the teammates yet.

No one probably remembers, but I was avidly against signing him because the core of our team is basically "self proclaimed gangsters."

Sarunas is obviously not. But I hope all works out, but I was worried about this kid getting along with anyone on this team. Hopefully Cro, Pollard, and Feisty will befriend him.

From the small clips I saw, looked like JO was kind of making fun of him. Didn't settle well with me at all.

But I hate JO, a lot.

How could anyone forget that

MagicRat
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM

All of the veterans made fun of all of the rookies. They didn't just pick on Saras................

MagicRat
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
You mad.

I just do me. I take pictures. I photoshop, and I try to make recordings for the forum. I have a family, so if you hear me about being in the club getting it popping, that's not true. I'm married with three children. I don't care what people think about me. I'm in the suburbs every summer. I'm like the king of the suburbs. Nobody does it how I do it. That's pretty much it man. I'm a regular dude. I don't really try to wild out. They be calling me "boy scout this, boy scout that" but you can't blame me. I grew up around good eggs and kind people. You can't blame me for who I grew up around.............

grace
10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Why do we always compare white players to white players and black players to black players.

Jamison Brewer.

Last I checked Siggy is black. :shrug:

Unclebuck
10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Last I checked Siggy is black. :shrug:

So true. But Saras and Siggy are as different as black and white.

Pacesetter
10-11-2005, 04:11 PM
It's going to take me some time before I can really see who Saras reminds me of. The FanJam as Coach Carlisle said, wasn't "reality."

Harmonica
10-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I just do me. I take pictures. I photoshop, and I try to make recordings for the forum. I have a family, so if you hear me about being in the club getting it popping, that's not true. I'm married with three children. I don't care what people think about me. I'm in the suburbs every summer. I'm like the king of the suburbs. Nobody does it how I do it. That's pretty much it man. I'm a regular dude. I don't really try to wild out. They be calling me "boy scout this, boy scout that" but you can't blame me. I grew up around good eggs and kind people. You can't blame me for who I grew up around.............

:laugh:

Oh, our Ronnie, he's gonna provide us with some good laughs this year.

mmpfm1
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Kyle Korver

SoupIsGood
10-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Jesus

(And for UB - everyone knows Jesus was black)

Kegboy
10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Siggy :slap:

Somebody not white :applaud:

Jesus :maniac:

Roaming Gnome
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
From the scrimage...
Damon Bailey -or- Tyus Edney

White or Black....take your pick!

BlueNGold
10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Mark Price or a souped up Damon Bailey. I was hoping for a combination of Steve Nash and Jason Kidd.

Pacers#1Fan
10-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Mark Price or a souped up Damon Bailey. I was hoping for a combination of Steve Nash and Jason Kidd.That's what we were all hoping for.

SoupIsGood
10-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I was hoping for a player with a Bobby jackson type of impact, a nice sparkplug PG/SG off the bench.