PDA

View Full Version : No Fan Jam Posts?......

MagicRat
10-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Didn't anybody go?

Mark and Slick.....
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/05fanjam.jpg

The new court......
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/05fanjam1.jpg

Danny Lines up a free throw.....
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/05fanjam2.jpg

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 06:29 PM
The forum is "messing up" today, posts are being deleted and posts are appearing out of nowhere.

I like the quote from Carlisle that I highlighted.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fan_jam_051009.html

Jackson, Granger Shine In FanJam Scrimmage

By Conrad Brunner | Oct. 9, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was it a moral victory or a sister kissed?
The annual FanJam scrimmage was neither and both while serving its primary purpose: giving roughly 8,000 fans given free admission to Conseco Fieldhouse their first look at the team Sunday afternoon.

Tinsley

Jamaal Tinsley's three free throws with 3.2 seconds left – courtesy a poorly considered foul by rookie free agent Jimmie "Snap" Hunter – forced a 33-all tie. After Fred Jones missed an open, long, 3-pointer at the buzzer, the 20-minute scrimmage ended in a draw.

"It was a great opportunity for the fans to see our team, and it was a tight, competitive game," said Coach Rick Carlisle. "This was an energetic a crowd as we've had at FanJam as far back as I can remember."

Granger

For many in attendance, it was the first chance ever to see the team's two key offseason additions – New Mexico forward Danny Granger and Lithuanian guard Sarunas Jasikevicius – play in person. Granger didn't disappoint, scoring 10 points to lead the White team, comprised of reserves. Jasikevicius started but did not score for the White.

Ron Artest, playing his first public game of any kind in Conseco Fieldhouse in nearly 11 months, showed plenty of rust. He missed his first five shots and finished with five points on 2-of-8 shooting for the Blue.

Carlisle put little stock in the individual performances, good or bad.

"This game's not a great indicator of reality," he said.

Jackson

Stephen Jackson led the Blue with 12 points, while Tinsley had five assists. Following Granger for the White were Jones and Austin Croshere with six apiece.

The starters withstood two strong rallies from the reserves. After taking an 18-8 lead behind seven quick points from Jonathan Bender in the first of the two 10-minute halves, the Blue watched Jones hit a pair of 3-pointers to key an eight-point comeback by the White.

The Blue led 27-24 after Artest's first basket, but the White scored eight uncontested points, including a pair of drives by Desmon Farmer and a dunk by Granger, to take a 32-27 lead. Artest then hit a 3-pointer to cut the lead to two, setting up the close finish.

Farmer, fouled intentionally by Tinsley, made the strategy look good when he missed the first of two free throws, leaving the White with a 3-point lead. Hunter then bit on a ball-fake and jumped into Tinsley beyond the 3-point line, committing the foul that allowed the starters to escape with the tie.

GO!!!!!
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I Love My Pacers.... :thepacers

Lord Helmet
10-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I like that court.

Nice pics MagicRat, I'm just glad I can see them now, with my LCD monitor. :)

Dr Huxtable
10-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I like the court except for the coloring of the floor out of bounds.

SoupIsGood
10-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Danny Lines up a free throw.....
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/05fanjam2.jpg

Is 25 Snap?

I see David. :D

sweabs
10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
The new court has too much white.

Whatever happened to yellow? Are we trying to lose it or what?

travmil
10-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I have pics too, I'll post them later. I have an almost Identical pic of Mark and Slick to you MR.

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I like the court except for the coloring of the floor out of bounds.

I don't like the white either.

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Is 25 Snap?

I see David. :DNo 25 is Damone Brown, Snap is over at the 3 point line with the white headband.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
I went. I won 2 tickets to the Spurs Pacers preseason game and caught an autographed Damon Brown ball (not my first choice but it was still pretty cool).

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Damone Brown is a beast (in the NBDL), I really hope he makes the roster.

BlueNGold
10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I know RC said the game is not a good indicator, but I thought Granger looked impressive. Clearly more talented than JJ. I was most impressed by Granger's fundamentals. He is a very good passer with great court awareness. He shoots the three well and can get through traffic and finish hard. He also appears pretty physical on D with very long arms. He does in fact remind me of Scottie Pippen.

As for Saras, I saw nothing positive. We should know whether he will have impact sometime midseason.

Deadshot
10-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I went. I won 2 tickets to the Spurs Pacers preseason game and caught an autographed Damon Brown ball (not my first choice but it was still pretty cool).

Do you have pictures of the ball?

317Kim
10-09-2005, 08:30 PM
:2tup: for the pics.

I like the court too!

Kegboy
10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't like the white either.

:nod:

Reason #1878.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah, well I like the white

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Do you have pictures of the ball?I'll try to scan it but I doubt it turns our very well.

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I know RC said the game is not a good indicator, but I thought Granger looked impressive. Clearly more talented than JJ. I was most impressed by Granger's fundamentals. He is a very good passer with great court awareness. He shoots the three well and can get through traffic and finish hard. He also appears pretty physical on D with very long arms. He does in fact remind me of Scottie Pippen.

As for Saras, I saw nothing positive. We should know whether he will have impact sometime midseason.

Thanks for the report. Everyone else who went is not telling us anything

Deadshot
10-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Pacers#1Fan - thanks!

So did anyone get autographs? Being in Florida, of course I wasn't able to go, but I enjoy collecting autographs and this type of event would sound interesting to me.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 08:52 PM
well, I scanned the ball and the tickets but the ball didn't turn out so well. if you want to see the ball and tics go to: http://photobucket.com/albums/b128/Pacersfan247/?action=view&current=Ballandtickets.jpg

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Feel free to look at all the other pics on that sight but they are a basketball cards.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 08:59 PM
:2tup:

Deadshot
10-09-2005, 09:01 PM
well, I scanned the ball and the tickets but the ball didn't turn out so well. if you want to see the ball and tics go to: http://photobucket.com/albums/b128/Pacersfan247/?action=view&current=Ballandtickets.jpg

Thanks for the scans. Sure he's not a big name player, but that's something nice to add to a Pacers collection.

Pacesetter
10-09-2005, 09:01 PM
The FanJam was a great outing for me and my Nephew. He and I have been to one game together previously, and I'm taking him there on opening night (his birthday :cool: ). He's now got a foam #1 Pacers sign, a Pacers football style shirt, and several wrist bands. He and I had a terrific time, but just one thing ... I stood in line to get an autographed Slick Mark poster, and Mark was nowhere to be found ... :D I think he had arrived late or something ;)

Ok, now to the scrimmage and events after. The rookies looked good, Saras looked good, and Granger looked good, but as Rick stated, it wasn't reality. My goodness though, Ronnie is bigger than I've eve seen him, he was just plain huge. I could tell he was ready to go, and his energy was barely contained. He looks fantastic!

JT looks stunning. He's cut weight and looks serious about getting down to business. I like the idea he's been around New York this summer, we all know the best ballers per capita come from out east.

JB looked good but I couldn't help but hold my breath on his monster dunk. Please JB, if you read this, please stay healthy! :pray:

Saras was booed when he sang his Lithuanian song and that didn't rest well with me, but that's probably because I have so much respect for foreign traditions. He did the best he could. He does have a sense of humor, and I could tell he was holdin back alot. I can't wait to see him for real next Thursday! YEAH BABY!

Granger's every bit as good as you've been hearing out of the camps. He's got some surprises for folks that's for sure.

JO is pure class! He's taking this team under his wing and it shows. I appreciate the way he's steppin up, and it has to be a great load off of the coaches and front office personnel's minds.

Great day, and I just want to say thanks to the Pacers, we had a great time, and my nephew will never forget it! :thumbsup:

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
does anyone know why JO didn't play?

Lord Helmet
10-09-2005, 09:05 PM
They shouldn't have booed Saras.

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
The FanJam was a great outing for me and my Nephew. He and I have been to one game together previously, and I'm taking him there on opening night (his birthday :cool: ). He's now got a foam #1 Pacers sign, a Pacers football style shirt, and several wrist bands. He and I had a terrific time, but just one thing ... I stood in line to get an autographed Slick Mark poster, and Mark was nowhere to be found ... :D I think he had arrived late or something ;)

Ok, now to the scrimmage and events after. The rookies looked good, Saras looked good, and Granger looked good, but as Rick stated, it wasn't reality. My goodness though, Ronnie is bigger than I've eve seen him, he was just plain huge. I could tell he was ready to go, and his energy was barely contained. He looks fantastic!

JT looks stunning. He's cut weight and looks serious about getting down to business. I like the idea he's been around New York this summer, we all know the best ballers per capita come from out east.

JB looked good but I couldn't help but hold my breath on his monster dunk. Please JB, if you read this, please stay healthy! :pray:

Saras was booed when he sang his Lithuanian song and that didn't rest well with me, but that's probably because I have so much respect for foreign traditions. He did the best he could. He does have a sense of humor, and I could tell he was holdin back alot. I can't wait to see him for real next Thursday! YEAH BABY!

Granger's every bit as good as you've been hearing out of the camps. He's got some surprises for folks that's for sure.

JO is pure class! He's taking this team under his wing and it shows. I appreciate the way he's steppin up, and it has to be a great load off of the coaches and front office personnel's minds.

Great day, and I just want to say thanks to the Pacers, we had a great time, and my nephew will never forget it! :thumbsup:

Was the booing for real or was it suppose to be a joke. Were they booing his poor singing or the fact he's from another country.

How old is your nephew?

Did Saras play point guard? Was he able to beat Tinsley off the dribble. How easily can he get his shot off.

I assume Granger and Artest were guarding each other. Was Granger holding his own physically

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Saras and Mel played on the same team, the way I read it.

SoupIsGood
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
They booed Sarunas?!?!? What a bunch of Kegboys.

I am starting to get really hyped about Granger, although I wish Rick would let him look at playing SG too.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 09:09 PM
aww..they booed Saras..that sucks.

so Ron's huge, is he still as quick?

That's great about JT and about JO's class.

Can't wait ta see Danny in action. I heard Fred shot a pair'a 3's too!

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:20 PM
The FanJam was great. JB is actually looking really good. He had a monster dunk. Granger caught a nice oop, showed his range, and his all around game was great. Saras definitely left something to be desired but it was the first time he played in front of his new team's fans so I can understand him holding back. JT did awsome, he seems more creative than he has been the last couple of seasons. Jax did great. Ron did great on D but had several bricks. AJ did good. Pollard was well, Pollard. Freddie showed great range and did very well. Gill didn't show me much. From what I saw from the camp invities I think Samaki has the best chance to make the team. David dressed but didn't play, he warmed up with the white team and it didn't look like his injury was very serious. JO dressed and warmed up with the blue team but he didn't play. JO looked good warming up so. I think he didn't play because he had to talk alot at the end. Foster didn't dress but he was in very good spirits. Jeff is going to be fine.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:22 PM

I am starting to get really hyped about Granger, although I wish Rick would let him look at playing SG too. The lady next to me yelled "don't quit your day job" at Sarunas, some people gave her dirty looks and she didn't say much after that.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 09:26 PM
The lady next to me yelled "don't quit your day job" at Sarunas, some people gave her dirty looks and she didn't say much after that.

:nod: You tell her!

Pacesetter
10-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Was the booing for real or was it suppose to be a joke. Were they booing his poor singing or the fact he's from another country.

How old is your nephew?

Did Saras play point guard? Was he able to beat Tinsley off the dribble. How easily can he get his shot off.

I assume Granger and Artest were guarding each other. Was Granger holding his own physically

Whether the booing was because he sucked singing or because they couldn't understand him (singing in lithuanian) I don't know, but either way I thought it was uncalled for considering he's now part of the Pacers family.

My nephew is 8, soon to be 9.

He did play point but this was a game where he didn't really put his heart in it, but I could tell when he started talking he had a lot left in the tank. I think he handled the ball real well and show alot of confidence. He did play against Mel head to head, and Mel burnt him with a no look pass right over Saras' head which I thought was just showing Saras who's boss. Saras will be fine though, once he gets it down and starts to shine, he'll be ready ... hopefully about the time in the playoffs where Jamaal's feet start hurtin. ;) I know, that's mean! :D

Folk's, Granger's fearless now, I'm just gonna tell ya. This guy knows how to put the ball in the basket. He's the real deal, and he can slash which surprised the crap out of me considering I've never seen him play ball, and I don't like highlight reels. He's silky smooth and can put the ball on the floor. Seemed like he's smart too, and that's HUGE in this game, imo. He played head to head with Ronnie, but let's face it, Ronnie wasn't playing like Ronnie can play.They both played each other well considering the parameters of what it was they were wanting to do out there. Ron did snatch the ball out of one of the training camp guy's hands. Took it from them like they were playing HS ball.

BTW, Saras never looked to shoot the ball. I don't think he had one shot!

travmil
10-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Here's my recap:

Saras

Let me be the first to report that JT has absolutely no worries about his starting job. Any and all of you saying that Saras could push him for the starting job can sit down and be quiet right now. They went head to head to head many times, and Saras didn't get the better of him, not even once. In fact, JT made several incredible passes. Two notable ones: he fired a bullet through traffic right in the middle of the lane from the top of the key; and another time he threw a half court lead pass over several defenders that Jax caught in stride for an easy layup.

Granger

He didn't score well, but man is that guy smooth. You can tell that the guy was just born to play ball. Long, fluid movement, makes good decisions with the ball, and he's quick as a cat while doing all of the above. As someone said earlier, a definite upgrade over JJ. One particular sequence that comes to mind: Granger took an entry pass near the three point line and spun towards the basket eating up a HUGE swath of court in one motion. He then leapt into the lane and passed off to a cutting Fred Jones who (typically) blew the gift layup.

Jax

Led all scorers in the scrim by a healty margin by drilling three from downtown and hitting the layup from JT I mentioned above. I was impressed.

Tinsley

In a word, breathtaking. I'm not exagerrating either. He looked THAT good. His summer work looks like it paid off as he left most of his baby fat in NY. Very quick, nice passes as always, and looked to get everyone involved.

Artest

I don't see the whole issue where he's "bulked up". Looked the same as alwasy to me. Broke up a three on one fast break in the lane. Stripped Granger clean on the defensive end.

Bender

Had a monster two handed jam on a feed from Jax. The pass was for Jax but he was going too fast and found himself turned around under the basket. When he did he found a cutting JB under the rim for a major slam. Had a couple of quick moves to the basket. Hit an easy layup after breaking Samaki Walker down. Basically, everything you've ever thought JB was capable of when healthy he showcased.

Everyone else who would interest anyone recorded a DNP. Hulk, JO, and Foster all sat out.

I think that Samaki Walker will most likely win the 15th roster spot. I didn't see anything out of Snap or Brown that we can't get from Stephen Jackson.

I got a picture of myself with Derrick McKey which I completely ruined by hanging my goodie bag over my arm like a man-purse. I'm definitely not posting that blackmail material so don't even ask. Most of my other pics are nicely covered by what Magic Rat posted above. It was a good time. Hopefully I win one of the autographed balls that I signed up for.

That's about it. Any questions?

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Very nice recaps guys, thank you.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I noticed Bender's movements were very smooth.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
thats good to hear!

Pacesetter
10-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, I almost forgot ... Samaki has my vote as to which training camp hopeful makes the show. They all looked good out there, some more than others, but Samaki just fills a need that I think we have.

Good luck to all. :cool:

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:54 PM
If Samaki is to Duncan what Pollard is to Shaq (as I read in another thread) we would almost be crazy not to get him.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah no kidding!

BlueNGold
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Here's my recap:

Snip
Granger
He didn't score well
Snip

Excellent recap. Only one comment. Granger led the reserves in scoring with 10 points...I believe he hit a three and had an alley-oop dunk....so I thought he scored well. Granger is a stud.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Excellent recap. Only one comment. Granger led the reserves in scoring with 10 points...I believe he hit a three and had an alley-oop dunk....so I thought he scored well. Granger is a stud.I think Granger scored very well.

MagicRat
10-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Here's a little something for Bball.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/benderjam.wmv

travmil
10-09-2005, 10:41 PM
It's hard for me to believe that Granger had that many points. Maybe that's a good thing. I didn't read a box score, I'm going by what I saw with my own eyes at the actual event. I remember the three and the jam, but that's it. The rest of his scoring was non-descript. That's not to say he played badly, and I alluded to that in the rest of my comments on his play.

sweabs
10-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Here's a little something for Bball.....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/benderjam.wmv (http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/benderjam.wmv)

You are too good - look at that, you get the dunk, you get the replay, and then you come right back down in time for the And1 play.

Seriously though, who cringed when they saw Bender go up strong like that? Careful now boy, there's still a month before we get playing.

Hicks
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
When's the last time Bender made it through training camp and played in the fan jam game without being hurt?

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
You are too good - look at that, you get the dunk, you get the replay, and then you come right back down in time for the And1 play.

Seriously though, who cringed when they saw Bender go up strong like that? Careful now boy, there's still a month before we get playing.I have to admit I cringed a little.

heywoode
10-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Here's my recap:

Saras

Let me be the first to report that JT has absolutely no worries about his starting job. Any and all of you saying that Saras could push him for the starting job can sit down and be quiet right now. They went head to head to head many times, and Saras didn't get the better of him, not even once. In fact, JT made several incredible passes. Two notable ones: he fired a bullet through traffic right in the middle of the lane from the top of the key; and another time he threw a half court lead pass over several defenders that Jax caught in stride for an easy layup.

Granger

He didn't score well, but man is that guy smooth. You can tell that the guy was just born to play ball. Long, fluid movement, makes good decisions with the ball, and he's quick as a cat while doing all of the above. As someone said earlier, a definite upgrade over JJ. One particular sequence that comes to mind: Granger took an entry pass near the three point line and spun towards the basket eating up a HUGE swath of court in one motion. He then leapt into the lane and passed off to a cutting Fred Jones who (typically) blew the gift layup.

Jax

Led all scorers in the scrim by a healty margin by drilling three from downtown and hitting the layup from JT I mentioned above. I was impressed.

Tinsley

In a word, breathtaking. I'm not exagerrating either. He looked THAT good. His summer work looks like it paid off as he left most of his baby fat in NY. Very quick, nice passes as always, and looked to get everyone involved.

Artest

I don't see the whole issue where he's "bulked up". Looked the same as alwasy to me. Broke up a three on one fast break in the lane. Stripped Granger clean on the defensive end.

Bender

Had a monster two handed jam on a feed from Jax. The pass was for Jax but he was going too fast and found himself turned around under the basket. When he did he found a cutting JB under the rim for a major slam. Had a couple of quick moves to the basket. Hit an easy layup after breaking Samaki Walker down. Basically, everything you've ever thought JB was capable of when healthy he showcased.

Everyone else who would interest anyone recorded a DNP. Hulk, JO, and Foster all sat out.

I think that Samaki Walker will most likely win the 15th roster spot. I didn't see anything out of Snap or Brown that we can't get from Stephen Jackson.

I got a picture of myself with Derrick McKey which I completely ruined by hanging my goodie bag over my arm like a man-purse. I'm definitely not posting that blackmail material so don't even ask. Most of my other pics are nicely covered by what Magic Rat posted above. It was a good time. Hopefully I win one of the autographed balls that I signed up for.

That's about it. Any questions?

Nice recap, I agree on all points...

Thanks!

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Here's a little vid of Granger dunking in warmups off a Freddie bounce pass....
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/warmupdunk.wmv

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
JT running the break after a Saras TO......
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/jtfastbreak.wmv

sweabs
10-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Thank you MagicRat! These are awesome.

It sure seems as though Tinsley was out there to prove a point.

heywoode
10-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanks MR!

Jermaniac
10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Saras seems to try to make no look passes too much, he should try and cut down on that.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Danny to Freddie for 3.............

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/grangertofreddie.wmv

Anthem
10-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Come on, MR. Post the whole thing. You know you wanna.

Pacersfan.
10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
I think Saras and the team just need time to gel together. Once they learn his "unique" way of passing, it'll flow much more smoothly.

SoupIsGood
10-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I think Saras just needs a few months to get a feel for the NBA. I had been concerned he couldn't handle the ball well enough for a NBA PG, but it looks and sounds like he's got the talent. He'll be fine.

SoupIsGood
10-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Come on, MR. Post the whole thing. You know you wanna.

That'd be great. :)

But I'm grateful for the clips too. :) Rat for president.

317Kim
10-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks MR!

I got goosebumps all over again from watchin those clips!

317Kim
10-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Article from IS about FanJam:

FanJam crowd welcomes back Artest
By Mike Wells
mike.wells@indystar.com

People of all ages, from youth to adults, came out wearing his different jerseys.
They stood applauding even before his introduction was complete. The standing ovation continued for several seconds and it turned out to be the loudest among the 18 players.

Indiana Pacers fans missed forward Ron Artest just as much as he missed them.
It was obvious by the way he was embraced by the estimated 8,000 fans during the team's annual FanJam on Sunday afternoon at Conseco Fieldhouse.
"It was really cool," Artest said. "I was back after the long suspension and they gave me an ovation. I liked that they were behind me. It's important that I go out there and do the right thing on the court and stay on the court this year."
Sunday's intrasquad scrimmage was the first time Pacers fans got a look at Artest on the Fieldhouse floor in nearly a year. He spent the final 73 regular-season and 13 playoff games suspended for his part in the brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Mich., last season.
"It was a great opportunity for the fans to see our team, and it was a tight, competitive game," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "This was as energetic a crowd as we've had at FanJam as far back as I can remember."
Artest was his usual personable self. He joked with fans. He took off the T-shirt he wore underneath his practice jersey during pregame warm-ups and gave it to a young girl sitting courtside. Artest launched his sweaty practice jersey into the stands as he left the court. To wrap up his day, he sat inside his truck outside the Fieldhouse talking to fans before leaving.
The only thing Artest didn't like was his game. He missed his first five shots before finishing with five points on 2-of-8 shooting.
"I shot a couple of air balls, but it still felt good being out there with everybody again," he said.
The teams -- Blue and White -- played to a 33-33 tie. The White team's Fred Jones missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Stephen Jackson led all scorers with 12 points and rookie Danny Granger added 10.
Jermaine O'Neal (thigh contusion), Jeff Foster (hip) and David Harrison (side pain) did not play.
"This game's not a great indicator of reality," Carlisle said.
Sunday was more about having fun than being competitive.
O'Neal replaced the retired Reggie Miller in leading the rookies through the talent show/public hazing after the scrimmage.
Granger received loud cheers for his singing, while 29-year-old Sarunas Jasikevicius got booed for his voice.
New strength and conditioning coach Shawn Windle had a group of children come onto the court to help with his song.
O'Neal capped off the talent portion of the show by having the Pacemates form a "Soul Train" line so each rookie could show his dancing moves.
"I didn't like the product this year. The rookies didn't really do what I thought they were going to do," O'Neal said smiling. "All in all, everybody had a good time. It's always a fun atmosphere."

Hicks
10-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Pacers Gurl, you need to clear your browser's cache and reload the site, then you won't have this issue about no paragraphs in your posts.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 08:11 AM
A little something I found while scrounging around the 'net......

Player Intros (http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/fanjamplayerintros.wmv)

Warning: This is a very large file.

Probably available for a limited time only........

Pacers#1Fan
10-10-2005, 08:47 AM
I think it's safe to say Ronnie felt very welcome. Everyone was standing as soon as they realized who was coming out all over Conseco.

Unclebuck
10-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey, is Croshere even on the team this year.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey, is Croshere even on the team this year.

Yeah, and I thought he played well yesterday......

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 10:10 AM
First half............ (http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/fanjamtest.wmv)

This is a huge file.

Available for a limited time only.......

Pacesetter
10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
As a side note, the fans in attendance (children, Grandparents, physically challenged & impaired) are what I believe to be the best fans going. The children adore the players, and to them they truly are superheros. It takes me back to when I was a child watching them play at Market Square, and watching them play Larry Bird, and the Boston Celtics.

I still remember watching Kevin McHale run down the court and I used to think he looked weird for the way he stuck his chest out. lol. I thought he was faking it. :grinyes:

These guys put an indelible mark in the minds of those children, which is why I took my nephew. Knowing several of these players are young kinda answers my question about what they're thinking about when they do certain things. The children are always watching and learning, and like it or not, the players are viewed as superheros - to be followed as such. JMO.

No doubt though, the kids are really what makes the wheels go round and round! Thanks Pacers! :cool:

granger
10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Thank you MagicRat. I miss Pacers so much, awesome videos.

Gyron
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
In the pictures of the court, whats the blue line thats running down the middle of the lane on both ends of the court? I don't recall seeing that before.

Hicks
10-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I thought that was just light reflecting on the court.

Gyron
10-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I think its an actual line. It appears to run through a couple lines there from the bottom of the lane to the top of the key.

I thought maybe it was something new for 2005-06?

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I think its an actual line. It appears to run through a couple lines there from the bottom of the lane to the top of the key.

I thought maybe it was something new for 2005-06?

It's in one of heywoode's pictures, too. Definitely a real line.

Some sort of alignment aid for practicing free throws?...........

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3B%3B45523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D%3A54%3D8 36%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B5%3B99963%3Aot1lsi

Hicks
10-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I guess it's tape. I highly doubt it will be there during games.

Jermaniac
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow thanks alot for those 2 vids MR.

denyfizle
10-10-2005, 01:18 PM

I am starting to get really hyped about Granger, although I wish Rick would let him look at playing SG too.

it wasnt like that... it was a playful boo when Saras sang something in his native lingo. Granger and some other players were booed too for their pathetic dance routines. but it was all in fun.

JB n Tins looked real sharp and so did Freddy! Granger is the truth! He just has that baller build and all-around versatility as reported.

Saras didn't play well but it's only a scrimmage and passing any judgment on him so quickly is not fair. The man is a big tiem player so I'll reserve mine til playoffs. He is adjusting and looks like lost a lot of the times. It didn't seem to me that he's made any friends in the team does far, but I bet in time things are gon improve dramatically...

grace
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah, well I like the white

Yeah, well you .... (remainder of post deleted before btown does it for me.) ;)

grace
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM

I don't ever remember Kegboy ever booing any Pacers. Except maybe he did at that preseason game up at Purdue when everyone (except me) booed Damon Bailey. He may ***** and complain about things on here, but he doesn't (to the best of my recollection) do it at games.

grace
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
The lady next to me yelled "don't quit your day job" at Sarunas, some people gave her dirty looks and she didn't say much after that.

In case no one has asked that wasn't me.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Here's a vidcap showing both courts.......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/courtscomp2.jpg

jmoney2584
10-10-2005, 01:57 PM
whenever i try and click the link for the first halfd it just comes up as a bunch of jumbled letters and characters...how do i fix that and watch the video...i NEED it like i NEED insulin

travmil
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Those blue taped lines were most likely for lining up large group pictures. There was one in each lane, and there was another near the "bottom" of the court. Photographers do that stuff all the time. Or it could have been so someone could look from above and ensure that everything was straight, like the lettering and the paint on the court and such.

reggieonly
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow.the Player Intros was AWESOME:thumbup:
THX ALOT..MR.:thankyou:

ChicagoJ
10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
The new court......
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/05fanjam1.jpg

Please tell me this color scheme is one of your latest photoshop projects. :pray:

Jaydawg2270
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
whenever i see that court it makes me throw up.

Gyron
10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Please tell me this color scheme is one of your latest photoshop projects. :pray:

Unless he photshopped the video too, unfortunately, the creamy white is here to stay:(

Gyron
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Is that the practice court in the back of MR pic?

Thats part of the old floor/Indiana Fever floor. On the very edge of it, you can see some of the Fever logo when all those people aren't standing down there.

I think they had it set-up for training camp would be my guess.

grace
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Wanna fight?

me! you! parking lot

:-p

:sumo: Ready!

Gyron
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Wanna fight?

me! you! parking lot

I'll take Grace winning in the second round with a TKO for $10 please.:D

grace
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll take Grace winning in the second round with a TKO for $10 please.:D

I always liked you best. :cookie:

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I say Kegboy distracts the ref while Grace works him over with a foreign object..........

Will Galen
10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Wanna fight?

me! you! parking lot

You want to fight a woman?

You want to fight a woman when her brother wears a Superman cape?

grace
10-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I think Kegboy would be distracted by VA's posse.

Pacesetter
10-10-2005, 02:54 PM

Yes, I agree, this isn't an orthodox paint scheme by any stretch of the imagination, BUT ...

...think of how tough it will be for opposing teams to slash down the baseline without stepping out-of-bounds!

:eyebrow:

Adv - Pacers

grace
10-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Unless he photshopped the video too, unfortunately, the creamy white is here to stay:(

Just think in 10 years when they change the floor again we'll all be saying "Remember when we thought it was ugly."

grace
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
How says I dont have a Superman cape?

What "posse"?

Your posse is "females" A through whatever letter you're on now.

By the way I win because you're drinking and posting again. :star:

Since86
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
It's in one of heywoode's pictures, too. Definitely a real line.

Some sort of alignment aid for practicing free throws?...........

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3B%3B45523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D%3A54%3D8 36%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B5%3B99963%3Aot1lsi

I highly doubt it's for free throws. Every wood court, no matter if it's a temp. or permantent, has a nail lined up directly with the center of the rim. With that already being there, there would really be no purpose for tape to do the same job.

My guess that it's used for defensive purposes. But that kinda throws me through a loop because they don't practice on that floor very much do they? A lot of teams in HS put tape down to help vizualize where they should be with help-side defense. All but one, that we played against, would peel it for actual games, seeing how it's against the rules to have any foreign objects on the floor.

Unclebuck
10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Since86, the pacers practice on the game floor whenever they can. Unless something else is going on, concert....

Pacesetter
10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
tape's probably there for the performers, such as boomers high flyers, or pacemates.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM
tape's probably there for the performers, such as boomers high flyers.....

Those guys need more than tape. Although they seemed to be in mid-season form........
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/05fanjamboomer.jpg

SoupIsGood
10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks again MR. :thumbsup:

Pacers#1Fan
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey, I can see myself in that picture (not very well but I know it's me because I am the only one in yellow around where I was sitting).

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 07:22 PM
but I know it's me because I am the only one in yellow sitting next to me.

:crazy::disturbed:gossip::wtf:...................; )

Pacers#1Fan
10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
:crazy::disturbed:gossip::wtf:...................; )I fixed it. :D

SoupIsGood
10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
lol wow that would make you pretty easy to spot, just look for the dude sitting next to himself. ;)

Frank Slade
10-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I guess you could say he is beside himself ? .(..rimshot)

SycamoreKen
10-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I highly doubt it's for free throws. Every wood court, no matter if it's a temp. or permantent, has a nail lined up directly with the center of the rim. With that already being there, there would really be no purpose for tape to do the same job.

My guess that it's used for defensive purposes. But that kinda throws me through a loop because they don't practice on that floor very much do they? A lot of teams in HS put tape down to help vizualize where they should be with help-side defense. All but one, that we played against, would peel it for actual games, seeing how it's against the rules to have any foreign objects on the floor.

I was thinking the same thing. It is probably for keeping track of where you are on the court. We put it down in college, but with more lines. They rpobably left it down for this in order for the guys to use it as an aid in a real game situation.

I think the border is rather strange looking. A darker yellow would have been better, in my opinion.

MagicRat
10-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Saras singing........ (http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/sarassinging.wmv)

Lord Helmet
10-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks, Rat!

heywoode
10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks, Rat!

ditto.:)

Lord Helmet
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Glad to know the booing was all in fun.

heywoode
10-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Glad to know the booing was all in fun.

I agree. I had to take my son (who is 3) to the bathroom for the 3rd time and missed this part....

I REALLY hoped we Pacers fans didn't come off as being mean or rude to Saras. I hope he knows that we are a patient lot, as long as it doesn't take years to develop!

Lord Helmet
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Saras doesn't have to worry, I've got his back. :)

I'll cheer for him any chance I get at the games I'm at.

Anthem
10-11-2005, 12:13 AM
First half............ (http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/fanjamtest.wmv)

This is a huge file.

Available for a limited time only.......

That's awesome, thanks.

Tinsley was definately trying to show up Saras, and there was one spot (about 3:12 in your video) where he used a move right out of Saras' videos. It's not the kind of pass you normally see from Tinsley, but that's what cabbage did to everybody in Europe.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the vids MR. Fun to watch it all again!

Pacesetter
10-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Magicrat, you must have been seated pretty close to where I was. It did look alot better the second time around than when I saw it live.

Tim
10-11-2005, 12:49 AM
That's awesome, thanks.

Tinsley was definately trying to show up Saras, and there was one spot (about 3:12 in your video) where he used a move right out of Saras' videos. It's not the kind of pass you normally see from Tinsley, but that's what cabbage did to everybody in Europe.

????

What type of pass have we not witnessed Tinsley attempt?

Anthem
10-11-2005, 12:58 AM
????

What type of pass have we not witnessed Tinsley attempt?

Sorry, I lied. It's right at the 3:00 mark.

It's not something he can't do, he's not showing off a new skill. It's just that it's not normally the way he releases the ball. I don't know how to describe it, but we all talked about it in the sarunas video thread. Tinsley saw that video, I guarantee.