PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Re: League Pass

Los Angeles
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I called today to sign up for NBA League Pass with Comcast Cable, and they said that I can't sign up right now and that I have to wait until the first week of the regular season.

But I'm seeing ads everywhere for it.

Also, I kind of assumed that I'd see some pre-season action through league pass, and I've been really pumped to get started, so needless to say I'm pretty upset that I have to wait.

So what gives? Was the Comcast guy right? Do other providers carry pre-season? Do I just have to wait?

Any help, advise, or experience in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks!

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 05:43 PM
I called yesterday and signed up for NBA league Pass and I have Comcast digital cable. NBATV was turned on yesterday as well. I don't know if I'll get any preseason games or not. But I know you can sign up for it now. I'd call them back tomorrow and ask to get signed up.

Will Galen
10-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Comcast people don't seem to know what they are doing. I sent an e-mail to them this week asking if they had NBA-TV in my area, and if not when were they going to get it. The women that replied didn't answer my questions, she just talked about League Pass. I don't know whether her answer was ignorance on her part, or part of her job.

I started to e-mail her again and tell her she didn't answer my questions, but thought better of it.

League pass does give some free games but I can't remember if they are preseason or regular season games.

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I got Comcast and I signed up about 4 days ago, past 2 years we didnt get preseason games and I doubt we will get them this year. Stupid *** Comcast. And if you order 2 weeks before the season your price should be cut down by 20 bucks, I think they just want you to pay the extra 20.

Los Angeles
10-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Second call, same response. I can't sign up until their "free week" starting Nov. 1st. They can't sign me up for it becuase the "billing code" has been disabled. I must call back in three weeks to get the 169 deal. As soon as the free week is over, the price jumps to 189. So I have a six day window to get the deal.

These guys are ***holes. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone able to see pre-season games with LP do all providers have the same policies?

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Direct TV shows alot of the games, Comcast showed like 3 last year and none of them where Pacers games.

Unclebuck
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I love directv. That is the only way to go, and once I move that is the first thing I'm going to get. I'm not done with the dish, I love the dish

Frank Slade
10-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah I have Dishnetwork and love it..

I used to work for RCA and Dish is certainly the way to go plus I have had my receiver replaced a few times for no charge .. really good service..

Lord Helmet
10-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't complain too much. At least LP is BEING OFFERED in your area.

ChicagoJ
10-09-2005, 09:37 PM
The preseason games are usually only on the DirecTV version of the league pass. You can find a similar discussion in our archives from each of the past two preseasons.

Los Angeles
10-09-2005, 10:54 PM
The preseason games are usually only on the DirecTV version of the league pass. You can find a similar discussion in our archives from each of the past two preseasons.
Bad Newbie! BAD!!! :)

Well, I registered in Nov 04, so anything that was discussed before then does not exist in my world. Even then, I can still hope that policies could change from year to year. Obviously, that just shows how naive I can be.

Ragnar
10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Direct TV is the ONLY way to go for NBA league pass. I did not have to call them they just billed me for it this month!! NBA TV has been on all year and never shuts off.

Get DIRECT TV!

No I dont work for them

ChicagoJ
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Bad Newbie! BAD!!! :)

Well, I registered in Nov 04, so anything that was discussed before then does not exist in my world. Even then, I can still hope that policies could change from year to year. Obviously, that just shows how naive I can be.

Ooooops.... wasn't trying to scold the n00be... that didn't come out right.

gilpdawg
10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Actually, I get pre-season games w/Time Warner Cable, and they're free. On TW, the League Pass channels aren't blacked out until after the free preview ends after the first week of the regular season. I watched the preseason game vs. Denver last year (is that the one where Reggie broke his hand?) I only got the half season LP last year, but this year I'm springing for the full year.

himikey
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
In Chicago, you now have to get an additional 'sports package' to get NBA TV. Why do they do this to us? Because they can.

Los Angeles
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Update:

League Pass is finally available for purchase - as of today - for LA Comcast subscribers.

This has been a test of my emergency broadcast patience. This was only a test.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeep.

Oh - and I got my nosebleed seats for the Clippers game. Looking forward to it.

Lord Helmet
10-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Cool, too bad Insight Communications just doesn't understand....