PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vecsey Article on Bender

indyblue47
10-09-2005, 08:35 AM
In todays HoopsHype, the New York Post (you have to join) has a Peter Vecsey article (short but sweet):

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/29176.htm

For the first time since the Pacers drafted Jonathan Bender with the No. 5 overall in '99 (after obtaining it from Toronto for none other than Antonio Davis) they're seriously thinking about dealing his fragile self.

I hadn't heard this and wanted to know if anyone had seen anything somewhere else, since we know Vecsey doesn't always get things right.

Pacers#1Fan
10-09-2005, 09:01 AM
I haven't heard anything.

DisplacedKnick
10-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Vescey's gotten worse and worse over time - and he never was all that good to start with.

SoupIsGood
10-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'm sure this is the first time they've thought of it. :rolleyes:

317Kim
10-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Gosh, I love Vecsey:

Breaking News: Ron Artest suspended; Reggie Miller retiring

:-o are you serious!?!?

:-p

8.9_seconds
10-10-2005, 03:06 AM
I hate Doc Rivers.

Not only because of last seasons Playoffs, but trying to get rid of Pierce? I don't think that Paul Pierce is the problem.

Excuse me Mr.Rivers, but the Celtics need a coach. The Celtics need somebody to motivate them after a call that doesn't go their way, not sit,whine, and complain with them.

Pierce needs better people around him, period. I was impressed by Paul Pierce in our series against the Celtics,it was obvious he wanted it.What the Celtics need to go back to is looking to build for the future, why do you think they were so successful for so long? It was the planning. Perfect example of this was waiting on Larry Bird to graduate, despite nobody believing he would amount to anything,surprise.

I think that it showed great character for Pierce to say he wanted to retire a Celtic, that he didn't want to be traded to a better team.