PDA

View Full Version : Charles Oakley chimes in on Artest's suspension

Reggie4Three
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
This is out of the November issue of Stuff magazine that I just got. In the small NBA preview section, they interviewed Oakley. Here's the interview. . .

STUFF: Be honest. Has the NBA gotten soft?

CHARLES: It ain't hard-nose like it used to be. You don't see them strapping it up. They're out there smiling and hugging.

STUFF: What current players could've banged in your day?

CHARLES: I love Ron Artest. David Stern did him wrong. The whole league should have stood behind him more. There's a lot of cowards in the league right now.

STUFF: Who needs to toughen up?

CHARLES: Dirk Nowitzki and Yao Ming. Yao is just a finesse guy. You've got a seven-foot-six guy setting a pick and roll at the three-point line.

STUFF: Is there anybody who reminds you of you?

CHARLES: Not really. If a guy says something to me, next time he says it, his mouth will be shut. I ain't giving you two chances to say the same thing to me.

STUFF: What went through your ind when a guard drove the lane?

CHARLES: If you cross the George Washington Bridge, you owe them six dollars. I ain't charging six dollars, but think about the toll.

STUFF: Did any players scare you when you were a rookie?

CHARLES: Nah. SOme kids have big balls, some kids have little balls. I had big balls.

Pacers#1Fan
10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
The last one is hilarious.

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Oak is that dude

Jerm
10-09-2005, 04:56 AM
CHARLES: If you cross the George Washington Bridge, you owe them six dollars. I ain't charging six dollars, but think about the toll.

DisplacedKnick
10-09-2005, 08:32 AM
A little coaching and I think him and Barkley would make the greatest boradcast team ever!

I can just hear it now:

Charles O: They let that skinny little dude just stroll down the lane! Why didn't someone knock him on his ***?

Charles B: ***? What ***? He ain't got no ***. Guy looks like he's got worms or somethin'

Charles O: Well, whatever it is, someone shoulda knocked him on it.

The heck with the game - just listening to those two go at it would be worth the price of admission.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 11:00 AM
The last one is hilarious.

:laugh: :grinyes:

Jermaniac
10-09-2005, 11:13 AM
A little coaching and I think him and Barkley would make the greatest boradcast team ever!

I can just hear it now:

Charles O: They let that skinny little dude just stroll down the lane! Why didn't someone knock him on his ***?

Charles B: ***? What ***? He ain't got no ***. Guy looks like he's got worms or somethin'

Charles O: Well, whatever it is, someone shoulda knocked him on it.

The heck with the game - just listening to those two go at it would be worth the price of admission.
Hell yes

Harmonica
10-09-2005, 11:41 AM
CHARLES: Nah. Some kids have big balls, some kids have little balls. I had big balls.

Had big balls. Poor bloke.

317Kim
10-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Had big balls. Poor bloke.

:( :nod: