PDA

View Full Version : blah

dynamis22
10-06-2005, 01:32 PM
I really thought Mark Boyle would have more to do than post 6 times on PD.

Gyron
10-06-2005, 01:45 PM
?

What are you talking about?

Mr. Boyle has become a very good part of the community bringing PD members views from inside the pacers we would never have otherwise....

I for one am very thankful he has chosen to visit us on a regular basis and provide his insight on several issues revolving around the pacers, its organization and its fans.

McClintic Sphere
10-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Someone with the intelligence and insight of Mark Boyle graces us with his presence and you want to diss him? Zero for the day, Dynamis22.

dynamis22
10-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Clearly I am not "dissing" Mark Boyle. "The Real" Mark Boyle is one of the best radio broadcasters in the business and the Pacers are fortunate to have him.

Next time read between the lines.

Think about it. Why would mark boyle have a Wilt Chamberlain avatar?

RWB
10-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Dynamis22, you maybe very surprised who visit these forums. I can vouch, swear, or whatever you want to call it people who are connected with professional teams do visit these forums. I know for a fact Part time tv analyst and former player Billy Keller is aware of this forum. I do not know if he has ever posted here, but he has been invited to forum parties and shown a genuine interest in our thoughts.

By the way, welcome to the best site on the net.

MagicRat
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
If I had a dollar for every time I've had to do this........

Yes, it's the real Mark Boyle. Yes, we know beyond any shadow of a doubt. No, we're not going to tell you how we know. And yes, if we weren't 100% sure, we wouldn't allow someone on here to be masquerading as Mr. Boyle.

Like anyone would believe you.......:rolleyes:

Eindar
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm probably one of the biggest "pessismists" there is in terms of wanting people to show some proof for the wild claims they make, but I have no doubt that that's the real Mark Boyle. People who are juvenile to pose as a celebrity or well-known individual also lack the...maturity to keep up the charade for any period of time. It's doubly hard in the case of trying to impersonate Mark Boyle because he's an educated, eloquent speaker, and the impostors' lack of education and maturity would shine through like sunshine on a stained glass window.

Doug
10-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Slick? Is that you?

Lord Helmet
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Dude, this is "The Fo-Rizzle" Mark Boyle.

Since86
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Considering two posters here have had a face to face conversation with Mark at the unveiling party for the new jersey's you can rest easy tonight about talking with a poser.

317Kim
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Considering two posters here have had a face to face conversation with Mark at the unveiling party for the new jersey's you can rest easy tonight about talking with a poser.

:nod: lol

Believe_in_blue
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM

:welcome: to my ignore list

grace
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM

How full is yours? Mine is practically overflowing.

Lord Helmet
10-06-2005, 10:56 PM
How full is yours? Mine is practically overflowing.
I have no one on mine...

:shudder:

Kind of scarey, huh?

ABA Jay
10-06-2005, 11:43 PM

Hey Rickey!!! Get this lame-oh off your porch!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

travmil
10-06-2005, 11:50 PM
ABA Jay, I thought Unclebuck had the monopoly on John Candy related avatars.

sweabs
10-07-2005, 12:27 AM
ABA Jay, I thought Unclebuck had the monopoly on John Candy related avatars.

He has the ABADays reference in the name, along with Jay's reference. And he has Candy in the avatar...3 in 1 deal.

MagicRat
10-07-2005, 01:21 AM
I have no one on mine...

:shudder:

Kind of rcarey, huh?

I've never used mine..........

burnzone
10-07-2005, 03:22 AM
I personally, really appreciate someone of the stature of Mark Boyle, taking the time out of his busy schedule to converse, and interact with us.

And I also think that no one is going to feel obligated to provide proof of their actual ID, just to be able to post on a message board.

If I were to guess, I would say if someone was just playing a game, pretending to be someone they're not, then most likely that person isn't of the highest intelligence, wheras Mr. Boyle is obviously a very articulate, and an eloquent speaker, and writer, as his job involves writing, speaking, and his voice.

I have always believed that it is actually Mark Boyle posting as himself, and not someone else, I mean, if you've heard him talk on television, or the radio, you could see that he sounds just like he writes in his posts, and I seriously doubt someone with a high level of intelligence would masquerade as someone they're not on a message board.

Also, as to why would he use an avatar of Wilt Chamberlain, and thinking that is some kind of proof it's not really him:

I would imagine a lot of it is because Wilt Chamberlain is a legend, and icon of the NBA, maybe he was one of his favorite players.

Most anyone who is a basketball fan, especially one involved with, or being around the game for a while, not to mention someone who announces games on the radio, and is frequently around another legend of the game in Slick Leonard, would be likely to have such an avatar.

Also, his avatar appears to be a cover of a sports magazine possibly, so it's not as if Mr. Boyle is displaying allegiance to another player that was from another team, he's just most likely a sports fan like the rest of us are.

Just because he isn't displaying an avatar that portrays him as the ultimate Pacers homer fan, doesn't mean it's not really him.

Now, instead of questioning the authenticity of his identity, I just appreciate the fact that he is actually posting here when he has time, and I personally hope that Mr. Boyle keeps doing so, as I, and many others on here enjoy reading his thoughts.

SoupIsGood
10-07-2005, 07:10 AM

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/18197care1.jpg

sweabs
10-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I've never used mine..........

Oh...you little...

You're a sneaky one aren't ya?

grace
10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I have always believed that it is actually Mark Boyle posting as himself, and not someone else, I mean, if you've heard him talk on television, or the radio, you could see that he sounds just like he writes in his posts, and I seriously doubt someone with a high level of intelligence would masquerade as someone they're not on a message board.

And there's the fact that btown edited my post just now because he's an *******.

Sorry, there doesn't need to be a general knowledge of this point. -btown

The Toxic Avenger
10-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow Btown *IS* an ***!!!

grace
10-07-2005, 06:16 PM
And there's the fact that btown edited my post just now because he's an *******.

Sorry, there doesn't need to be a general knowledge of this point. -btown

Who knew I had such inside knowledge. I only read what's posted on the board. :shrug: