PDA

View Full Version : Draft Date Update 10-2

Jose Slaughter
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi ya

*** Please respond to this e-mail on the Digest ABA Trash Talk board - Draft Date Update 10-2 ***

I'm going to have to change the draft this year.

With just less than three weeks to go before out draft date there is just too much going on to try to get everyone together for just one day.

Mourning, Kerosene & Doug will have returned from their respective vacations before the 22nd. We've recently found out that Shade has a previous committment and will be out the 22nd. Pacer Tom is closing on a new home as well as moving his family from MA to FL, around that date. Also Peck & Diamond Dave are required to work on the 22nd. Not something they can, or should avoid.

And thats with 20 days to go before our draft.

I'm going to go ahead and offically change the way our draft will be done.

I will start up the draft late on Friday October 21st. I'll have an exact time later.

The fantasy site will send out a e-mail to everyone letting you know the draft has started. I will also post a notice on the Pacer Digest "ABA Trash Talk Board".

The draft clock will be set at 24 hours.

I urge you to check in as often as you're able & update your contengency list. We will have roughly 10 days to complete the draft before the start of the season on 11-1. If everyone is active & maintaines a contengency list then this should be more than enough time. If we get to the 29th & it looks like I'll need to shorten the draft clock I'll do so.

Thanks for your understanding

James

Shade
10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Ah, very cool. Now I won't be the outcast. :uhoh:

Gyron
10-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks Jose, I think this will work out well for everyone:)

Slick Pinkham
10-03-2005, 12:52 PM
James,

My moving plans are finalized now---

I would be free on the 22nd for the draft, repeat I will be free.

Moving day for me is Monday October 24.

I'm OK with the long-clock plan, but if you wanted to go back to a 1-day draft then you would not have to cover for me.

Gyron
10-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Oh yeah, I'm confused by the poll, where's the "Yes I understand but you're still an Idiot choice"? :D

BostonConnection
10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
James, sounds good. Given the scheduling difficulties the changes you’ve proposed to our draft sound like the most reasonable approach to take.

Hicks
10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
So it starts like at what, 10PM Friday? And it's stretched out through a week now? If so, I understand. If not, better tell me now... :laugh:

Jose Slaughter
10-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah, I'm confused by the poll, where's the "Yes I understand but you're still an Idiot choice"? :D

I thought it was established that I was an idiot, no need to continue beating that horse.

So it starts like at what, 10PM Friday? And it's stretched out through a week now? If so, I understand. If not, better tell me now...

I think you got it. As of right now, thats the plan.

Diamond Dave
10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Pretty sure I've got it now. Thanks for all your work.

Roaming Gnome
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
24 Hour Draft Clock...:yes:YESSS:yes:

Jose Slaughter
10-03-2005, 05:50 PM

Gnome, you're scarin' me. :(

DisplacedKnick
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm tempted to move the KL draft back to 9 now, catch a few extra zzzz's ...

Guess I won't though.

Anthem
10-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Ah, very cool. Now I won't be the outcast. :uhoh:

I wouldn't go THAT far...

Jose Slaughter
10-04-2005, 11:55 PM
This is the group that has not yet replied to me, one way or the other, about the change in plans for the draft.

Mourning & Kerosene are both in the middle of vacations, I'll give the other a couple days then start sending PM's.

Indy Dave
Mourning ----------- vacation
Number Seven
Kerosene ----------- vacation
Grunzel

able
10-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm fine with everything, as long as you don't expect me to get out of bed at 6 am local on a Sat morning to draft :P if that happens, ya'll will have tro be patient :D

DrBadd01
10-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Works for me.

Shade
10-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't go THAT far...

Not in this particular instance, anyway. :(

NumberSeven
10-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey, guys.

Sorry I haven't been super active yet. I have been either going to varsity football games (my oldest plays for Bloomington South), youth games (my two youngest play on the weekends) or refereeing games (Frosh, JV, or youth). As you know football will wind down soon and I will be able to think basketball again.

James, didn't you go to Lawrence Central? Or least live in that area now?

Mike

Jose Slaughter
10-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey, guys.

Sorry I haven't been super active yet. I have been either going to varsity football games (my oldest plays for Bloomington South), youth games (my two youngest play on the weekends) or refereeing games (Frosh, JV, or youth). As you know football will wind down soon and I will be able to think basketball again.

James, didn't you go to Lawrence Central? Or least live in that area now?

Mike

Yes, I went to LC & still live in Lawrence.

Mourning
10-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Just got back from vacation and read the changes in the draft, I don't like them to be honest, but I'll accept it, so no problem ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

diamonddave00
10-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Sorry James , I've gone back to college this fall . In addition I'm playing co-ed softball on a team with my daughter. I was unaware this trash talk board existed until today.

I'll be ready James. Once again sorry, I've been so tardy with a responce.

kerosene
10-17-2005, 12:11 AM

So I can't use 'being hungover' as a reason for drafting poorly this year *goes off to find some new excuses* :D