PDA

View Full Version : Gotta laugh

ChicagoJ
09-19-2005, 12:26 PM
You should hear the 'buzz' in Chicago today.

I've actually heard people explain how that game could be the "building block" to a Super Bowl berth.

:laugh:

I pointed out it may only take a 6-10 record to win the NFC North. :shudder:

Frank Slade
09-19-2005, 12:41 PM
You should hear the 'buzz' in Chicago today.

I've actually heard people explain how that game could be the "building block" to a Super Bowl berth.

I pointed out it may only take a 6-10 record to win the NFC North. :shudder:

Orton right now is the best looking QB in the NFC North...!

ChicagoJ
09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Anyone who lives in that city has no clue about sports.

:punch:

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Anyone who lives in that city has no clue about sports.

Maybe they're still living in the 80's!:laugh:

Frank Slade
09-19-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.chicagoist.com/images/2004_09_superbowlshuffle.jpg
http://www.danno.net/images/Chicago_Bears_Superbowl_Shuffle.png

:rolleyes:

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 01:14 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0523/photo/bol_i.jpg
Is that the Fridge (in gold)? Who's the guy in red?

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I thought that was the Fridge but I wasn't sure. The Bears were my fav. back then (I was 9). "Sweetness" is my all-time favorite player. I absolutely loved watching him.

ChicagoJ
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Up here, they'll tell you that the 80's Bears were the greatest "dynasty" in NFL history.

I frequently point out that I'm a Steelers' fan, and ask if they want to retract that comment. They usually say something like "No way, Da Bears were awesome Ditka is the best!!" and I'm not sure they really grasp that the Steelers won four of those Super Bowl thingies in a six-year period while the 1980's Bears only made it to one Super Bowl.

One especially deluded Bears fan told me that it didn't matter that the Bears never made it back to another Super Bowl, because the one team was so awesome they were still the greatest dynasty ever.

Another one told me they were the best "Super Bowl champion" ever, to which I told him a few years ago that the 2001 Bears were "the worst 13-3 team of all time." :tongue:

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0523/photo/bol_i.jpg
Is the Fridge on his knees, or is the other guy just that tall?:laugh:

Since86
09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Is the Fridge on his knees, or is the other guy just that tall?:laugh:

You really don't know who Manute Bol is?

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
You really don't know who Manute Bol is?

No I've never heard of him.

Pacersfan46
09-19-2005, 05:12 PM
You don't know who he is? Holy cow ....

Not an NBA fan for long, huh? By your profile, you're 4 years older than me. How can you not remember him if I can?

Pacers#1Fan
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Everyone knows who Bol is.

cramerica
09-19-2005, 06:13 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=manute%20bol&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

Here's some pics of him.

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 06:15 PM
You don't know who he is? Holy cow ....

Not an NBA fan for long, huh? By your profile, you're 4 years older than me. How can you not remember him if I can?

Ha ha I've only been a fan for about 2 years. I was a bandwagoner. :-o Don't shoot:laugh: . I'm a fan for life now.

Frank Slade
09-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Ha ha I've only been a fan for about 2 years. I was a bandwagoner. :-o Don't shoot:laugh: . I'm a fan for life now.

no shooting for jumping on.. its the jumping off that may be dangerous :devil:

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
no shooting for jumping on.. its the jumping off that may be dangerous :devil:

You got nothing to worry about! I got no plans of getting off at any time! In other words "I'M HOOKED"!:)

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM

By your profile, I'm more than 4 years older than you.:) I'm 29.

dannyboy
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
When I saw the title of this thread and that it was from a Steelers fan, I thought it was about the Texans.

ChicagoJ
09-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Well yeah, they were truly awful in just about every aspect of the game.

Four of the top five teams in the league may be in the AFC, but other than those, and maybe the Bengals (:shudder: ), the AFC is pretty bad.

I'm not sure "any given Sunday" is all that true anymore. Well, I guess on any given Sunday one of the really bad teams could beat a bad team. Is that what we now call "parity"?

Suaveness
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
The AFC is so much better than the NFC. Right now, there just isn't any comparison overall. The top teams, of course, are close. NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, KC, and definitely the Bengals (maybe a notch lower). NFC has Philly and Carolina. Atlanta is quite overrated, as is Vick.

dannyboy
09-20-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure "any given Sunday" is all that true anymore. Well, I guess on any given Sunday one of the really bad teams could beat a bad team. Is that what we now call "parity"?

I was remarking on Sunday that the league is currently overrun with teams that just plain stink. Here is something I read the other day that I agree with about the lack of good QBs and good coaches (and how very few teams have both):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050916

Which reminds me, it's time to finally unveil my Shaky Scale. Here's how it works -- rate every team's coach and quarterback on a Shaky Scale from 1 to 10, with Brady and Belichick being a "1" and the Norv Turners and Patrick Ramseys of the world counting as perfect "10's." When you add the scores for each team's coach and QB, if it's 15 or higher, then that team can't possibly make the playoffs. That's the real reason the Saints kept falling short every year, because Brooks (7) and Haslett (8) are a combined 15. Can they beat the odds this season? We'll see.

Anyway, here are the combinations that reach or surpass "15" for the 2005 season:

Jets (18) -- Edwards is an 8; Pennington is a 10 with his bum shoulder.
Texans (18) -- Perfect 10 for Capers, an 8 for David Carr.
Raiders (18) -- Perfect 10 for Turner, 8 for Collins (although they could hit 20 soon).
Broncos (16) -- Plummer is a 9, Shanahan is a 7 (and climbing).
Redskins (15) -- An 8 for Brunell, 7 for Gibbs (remember, we're grading the 2005 Gibbs).
Lions (15) -- Harrington gets a 9, Mariucci a 6.
Rams (15) -- Bulger gets a 4, Martz gets an 11.

(I know, I had to cheat on that last one, but come on -- Martz challenged the opening kickoff last week and lost! It's like he's running out of ways to screw up. And just for the record, Culpepper is one more stinkfest away from moving up to a 5, which would move him and Tice into the pack at 15. Keep an eye on this one.)

Isaac
09-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Haha, Jay... I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. :lol2:

McClintic Sphere
09-20-2005, 06:39 PM
I happened to be living in Chi town during the 85 championship and I have never experienced an overwrought media onslaught as what occurred during the Bears run to the Super Bowl. My roomate in college and I once counted "The Super Bowl Shuffle" playing on 7 different radio stations simultaneouly. (yes we were bored) The obnoxious types like Jim McMahon, Steve McMichael and Buddy Ryan got most of the airtime too. The funny thing was the MVP of that team easily should have been former GM Jim Finks who drafted something like 19 of the 22 starters on that team. Mike Ditka couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag and Buddy Ryan was one of the biggest egotistical blowhards ever to enter pro coaching. They should have won at least 3 Super Bowls with the accumulated talent they had, but alas egotism and bad coaching limited them to one.

pacercoltfan
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The Super Bowl Shuffle. :shudder: I have the cd. :uhoh::yikes: