PDA

View Full Version : AIM

Jose Slaughter
09-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I signed up for another league & the commish almost insisted that I sign up for AIM. I had no idea what it was or why he thought I needed it, but man is it helpful.

It would be a big, big help if all of us could sign up & use AIM to work out trades on draft day. It is 100 times faster than sending trade offers back & forth on the site. Plus its free

I'm at work right now but maybe someone could post a link & details on how to sign up.

sweabs
09-19-2005, 11:50 AM
For the league that I run, I do insist that everyone use MSN Messenger. Using an instant messaging program makes trading so much easier.

I've never used AIM though...and don't know if I want to install it. If everyone else is going to, then I might go through with it.

Hicks
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM
I use AIM 99.9% of the time, so I'm all set. Just add me as Hicksatpd and give me a shout so I can add you (be sure to say who you are and it's for the league or I may think it's spam :flirt: )

Mourning
09-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I use MSN and Yahoo Messenger, I don't really feel like installing yet ANOTHER chatmachine, not while I only have 10 GB left of my original 370 GB :cry:.

So, I would prefer MSN or Yahoo Messenger for this.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Gyron
09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
I use AIM and MSN and Yahoo when needed.

Aim ID: greguslnc
Yahoo ID greguslnc
MSN: gerobert@hotmail.com

Feel free to add me to any of them, just make sure you tell me who you are if you send me a message, because I might not recognize you at first.:)

DrBadd01
09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
I am fairly easy to identify

MSN: dr_badd@hotmail.com
AIM: DrBadd01

Ditto to what the other said about initial contact

Hicks
09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Mourning, poor baby only 10GB our of a freakin 370GB left. :cry: :tongue: I've worked off a 40GB for year and years, and only finally added an additional 80. AIM is like 4MB :-p

:D

Mourning
09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Mourning, poor baby only 10GB our of a freakin 370GB left. :cry: :tongue: I've worked off a 40GB for year and years, and only finally added an additional 80. AIM is like 4MB :-p

:D

Oi! I worked with 40 GB myself for years, but just like a house if everything is going in the right direction ... you need a bigger one after time :-p and... :shudder: ... I NEED A BIGGER ONE NOW, dammit!!! :hissyfit: :computer:

:sad:

Besides, I just rather not add yet ANOTHER chat engine to my pc, two is enough for me, sorry just threw away ICQ a few months ago and I'm happy as it is now :sweat:.

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
The only problem with AIM is security. Installing it basically knocks a hole in your security/firewalls big enough to drive a virus the size of a truck through.

Or so my IT people at work tell me ...

Anyone who wants to carry on a discussion there is welcome to by me but if this is gonna be the trash talk board, why not just do a PM? And you can't actually MAKE a trade except on the league site.

Let's see - League site to draft from, PD to talk, AIM to talk trades - seems like a lot of windows to me.

But anyway, if I'm home I'm cde171 on AIM.

If I'm not I won't have it. But I've never made a draft-day trade anyway.

sweabs
09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I've also heard that AIM is very susceptible to viruses, whereas MSN Messenger is much better. No, I'm not just making this up for my own benefit - just heard it from the "Nerds On Site" people (they fix computers). I was using ICQ at the time, and somehow picked up a virus which was the cause for their arrival in the first place. They recommended MSN.

Cactus Jax
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan of AIM either, for the reasons mentioned above.

I'm on here everyday, and having a simple trade topic would be cool. If you want to keep things secret with me, you could instant message me on PD, or e-mail me at:

skovan2002@yahoo.com (don't ask me why I chose it)

Mourning
09-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok, here's my MSN Messenger:

ejnieuwenhuijs@hotmail.com

Regards,

able
09-20-2005, 05:26 AM
1: I do not install any of that crap on any of my machines, had it and dumped it, mostly because on my own machines I nowadays only us Linux and foremost the security reasons stated before, all those programs are like open doors to rape.

2: why the hell make life hard, I can make sure the chat is running, you can priv on that as well as talk in a channel, might be a hell of a lot more fun.

(and you can use a webpage for it O)R a chatclient such as mIrc.)

my contribution, not valued but solid :D

Doug
09-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I like the "chat" option better the IM.

Shade
09-21-2005, 02:28 PM
I have AIM, but rarely have time to use it. My name is Shade 20x6 when I am on.

DrBadd01
09-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Y! messanger

drbadd99

kerosene
09-26-2005, 03:04 AM
I have AIM and Yahoo.