PDA

View Full Version : We NEED EDGE!

pacercoltfan
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
We need to sign Edge! He's too vital to our offense!

FiestyFosterFanatic
09-18-2005, 11:21 PM
I totally agree. There are 3 main guys going to the market this year, Freeney, Edge, and Wayne. I'd make my top priority Dwight Freeney, then the way things are looking right now, sign Edge, then if anything is left, sign Wayne.

I really hope they can keep 2/3 of those guys in Colts uniforms.

pacercoltfan
09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I think Freeney still has one more year left after this season. But yes, WE NEED FREENEY AND EDGE!

Pacers#1Fan
09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I hope they keep all of them. Losing any of those three guys would hurt us tremendously.

Diamond Dave
09-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I've flip-flopped on this for a while. No question in my mind that Freeney is the number one priority whenever his contract is up.

Then it comes down to Reggie vs. Edge. In years past I would have said Reggie as it is my belief that good running backs are a dime a dozen, and are primarily a result of a good O-line anyways.

However watching Edge so far this year has made me change my mind. Edge is too versatile to let go.

Problem is that we may not get a choice, Edge may not want to resign here. Indy probably isn't his kind of town, and surely he feels like he is treated the worst among the "tripletts" by the franchise.

Frank Slade
09-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I've flip-flopped on this for a while. No question in my mind that Freeney is the number one priority whenever his contract is up.

Then it comes down to Reggie vs. Edge. In years past I would have said Reggie as it is my belief that good running backs are a dime a dozen, and are primarily a result of a good O-line anyways.

However watching Edge so far this year has made me change my mind. Edge is too versatile to let go.

Problem is that we may not get a choice, Edge may not want to resign here. Indy probably isn't his kind of town, and surely he feels like he is treated the worst among the "tripletts" by the franchise.

Well Edge practically lives in Miami so I dont think he really cares what city he plays in as long as he get's a long-term contract.

Pacersfan46
09-19-2005, 07:07 AM
Well Edge practically lives in Miami so I dont think he really cares what city he plays in as long as he get's a long-term contract.

You're still negating the whole ego, and level of treatment issue. He's obviously been cast as the outsider in level of importance. I'd be pissed off if I was him. I wouldn't know if I want to come back here.

BluBlood
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
You're still negating the whole ego, and level of treatment issue. He's obviously been cast as the outsider in level of importance. I'd be pissed off if I was him. I wouldn't know if I want to come back here.

Edge has said it before and he'll say it again. Its about the money. He knows its a business. He wants a long term deal.

When has edge ever displayed an ego?

Frank Slade
09-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Edge has said it before and he'll say it again. Its about the money. He knows its a business. He wants a long term deal.

Yep he is striclty business,, he could care less about the limelight or showing him "love" ,he knows how important he is to the team.. He just wants to get a secure contract like Harrison and Manning. I am sure we will try everything possible , especially since he and Polian have a very good relationship.

RWB
09-19-2005, 10:31 AM
With Dominic getting injured often, are the precentages of keeping Edge becoming a greater possibility?

Also maybe it's just me, but I wonder has Marvin finally lost a step or not the same concentration as year's past?

pacercoltfan
09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I hope Polian will work his magic and RESIGN EDGE! Wayne also! We ABSOLUTELY NEED THEM!

Since86
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm beginning to think that he and Polian worked something out under the table. Edge wants a long term deal bad but didn't look at other teams? Then you put who his agent is into the equation, Drew Rosenhaus, and he didn't hold out nor threaten to?

Polian made a point last week to explain how he needs to know the new CBA before the Colts can make an offer fair to James. I think they setup a few different verbal deals depending on how the new CBA reads.

He's too much of a premier back, not only rushing but in passing plays and in blocking schemes, to not find a team willing to pick him up if it's just about the money.

Pacersfan46
09-19-2005, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure, but I'll assume it takes some sort of an ego to be the only member of a team that doesn't show up for MANDITORY offseason workouts. Only claiming that offseason is your time, and you can do what you want.

:laugh:

Suaveness
09-21-2005, 12:15 AM
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3066

Q: How important is it to sign running back Edgerrin James to a long-term deal?

A: I hope I can answer this question in detail for the last time. Iíll give you the answer that I gave Drew Rosenhaus, Edgerrinís agent. In order for us to understand what we need to do to enter into long-term negotiations with Edgerrin, we have to have a collective bargaining agreement in place. That is not yet the case and I donít anticipate itís going to be the case any time soon Ė that is, within the next 6-to-8 weeks. Secondly, we have to know what the salary cap is going to be for next year. If there is no CBA, the salary cap will be one number if there is a CBA, itís likely the salary cap will be another number. Finally, in order to enter into negotiations we have to know what rules will be in effect relative to how the salary cap is counted and will there be any changes? Might there be changes in a new CBA? Yes, very likely. What are they? I canít say right now, but those things have to be in place before we can formulate a plan that makes sense for us and might make sense for Edgerrin. None of those things are in place, so my focus is completely off any attempt to sign Edgerrin to a long-term contract. Itís just not in the cards until the other pieces of the puzzle come into play. Thatís not because we donít appreciate Edgerrin or what heís done or what he will do. Itís because all of those issues impact directly on how we manage the cap and what we can afford to spend. I wish it were otherwise but it isnít, so were going to go ahead and play this season. Weíll deal with Edgerrinís issues at the end of the season.

Believe_in_blue
03-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Bump.

Theres a new CBA and we know what the cap is so we better resign him.

pacercoltfan
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Stay tuned! The next couple days could be very interesting! :chin:

Believe_in_blue
03-09-2006, 07:52 PM
The next couple of days could determine my life. If we dont keep Edge i'll :suicide:

pacercoltfan
03-09-2006, 08:01 PM
It's sad that they've put him at the bottom of the list so to speak! But, I'm keeping my :fingerscr

cramerica
03-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks like Edge is in Arizona right now. Over at Coltpower.com, they are reporting that he is about to sign a 5yr deal with a 10 mil signing bonus with them.

:(

Suaveness
03-11-2006, 06:17 PM
At least he can't hurt us. Plus, it wasn't like we were going to resign him anyway. Too much money. Hopefully we can get someone in the draft.

SoupIsGood
03-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo

Lord Helmet
03-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like Edge is in Arizona right now. Over at Coltpower.com, they are reporting that he is about to sign a 5yr deal with a 10 mil signing bonus with them.

Fine.

If he wants to go there, then let him.

Suaveness
03-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Also as mentioned, this means that Zona wouldnt draft a RB. And if Chester Taylor goes to Minny, we have a chance at a decent RB, if we decide to go that route.

pacercoltfan
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Ugh! NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :sad:

Say it aint so! :cry:

cramerica
03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Nothing is in stone. Just rumors.

Believe_in_blue
03-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Ugh! NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :sad:

Say it aint so! :cry:

I feel the same way.

pacercoltfan
03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I feel the same way.

He looks better in Blue and White anyway! :) :sigh: Have we even made an attempt to resign him? :confused: :kickcan:

SamBear
03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/16407/200.jpg