PDA

View Full Version : What Video game did you last play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Sparhawk
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm still not sure I'd want to go #1. It's always a pain playing your 5 games, requesting a trade and then waiting to get traded. I'd rather just suck and be a late round pick and get drafted by the Pacers.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYu9djm_N1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sparhawk
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYu9djm_N1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If it only showed the ratings. I may just stay up till midnight and get the game....

Hicks
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Waiting for the UPS truck tomorrow to dive in.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
In line now

Constellations
10-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Anybody played 2K13 yet?

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 01:11 AM
playing it now. just beat memphis. PG24 player of the game. his shot is smooth

Constellations
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
playing it now. just beat memphis. PG24 player of the game. his shot is smooth

I assume the game is a magical improvement from 2K12.

pacer4ever
10-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Just unlocked a Roy Hibbert in my team mode with a gold booster pack that I earned after 2 games sold him back for 14k vc

cgg
10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
I was drafted to the Pistons. :(

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 06:06 AM
I assume the game is a magical improvement from 2K12.
Its kind of amazing yea. also, more importantly the online games seem to have zero issues.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 06:07 AM
I was drafted to the Pistons. :(

I got drafted to the Hornets

cgg
10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Miles Plumlee is talking **** to me on twitter in my career after the pistons only scored 60 points against them. I had 23 of them.

pacer4ever
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
MyTeam is really fun my roster is now Austin Rivers,Dell Curry,Chuck Person,Tyler Zeller(am a beat with him), herb Williams. Bench has some nice pieces havent added any sig skills yet but have a done. After getting 14k vc for Hibby bought a ton of gold boosters. My bench has Brush Kanter Hayward Raja Bell and Jimmer. Still trying to upgrade but I'm addicted do far and building a pretty fun team. Trying 2 save up for a Damian Lillard card. Still trying to decide if I should wait on my 5-6 gold dig skills they make the salary expensive as hell lol.

Sparhawk
10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I won't be able to pick the game up until after work. Can anyone post the final ratings for all Pacers please? I photo would be nice!

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Miles Plumlee is talking **** to me on twitter in my career after the pistons only scored 60 points against them. I had 23 of them.

Wait what?

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
MyTeam is really fun my roster is now Austin Rivers,Dell Curry,Chuck Person,Tyler Zeller(am a beat with him), herb Williams. Bench has some nice pieces havent added any sig skills yet but have a done. After getting 14k vc for Hibby bought a ton of gold boosters. My bench has Brush Kanter Hayward Raja Bell and Jimmer. Still trying to upgrade but I'm addicted do far and building a pretty fun team. Trying 2 save up for a Damian Lillard card. Still trying to decide if I should wait on my 5-6 gold dig skills they make the salary expensive as hell lol.

What is my team?

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I won't be able to pick the game up until after work. Can anyone post the final ratings for all Pacers please? I photo would be nice!

This!

Hicks
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I forgot about My Team. I think I'll enjoy that, too.

This explains it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xYimA-ie790" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BRushWithDeath
10-02-2012, 12:44 PM
It sounds a lot like Fifa's Ulitmate Team.

pacer4ever
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
It sounds a lot like Fifa's Ulitmate Team.

More like MLB the show my team IMO. I am loving it now my starting 5 is Damian Lillard ,Dell Curry,Vinne Johnson,Harrison Barnes and Zeller. I think this mode will be killer I love the fact they have legends who don't have a team the endless possiblitys are cool. But it's costly my per game VC salary is 150 and I haven't even gave my guys sig skills yet which add on. But the cool thing is if u get bored u just go 2 ur collection and get more. Also the player development of the mode is cool no 2 Damian Lillards or LBJs will be the same u customize their sig skills.

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 01:05 PM
So can someone clarify something, players use twitter, or what? They put that into the game?

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
So can someone clarify something, players use twitter, or what? They put that into the game?

its not real. juat like madden has. pretend tweets.

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
its not real. juat like madden has. pretend tweets.

I haven't played Madden the past couple year's. Is it just for MyPlayer or is it across all modes? Just curious.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Im very mad about one thing. They got rid of my camera view in team up. not kidding you, I suck now. And yes because of a camera. basically you can use different zoomed version of broadcast or 2k. I always used turbo, which was like myplayer view pretty much. no more.

i stayed up wayyyy too late playing the game and just woke up, so sorry for any grammar issues.

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I've always used the 2k view.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 01:23 PM
i beleive just career/myplayer mode. Im gonna be honest. Theres so many different modes I havent even tried them all. Such a deep game. Regardless its just fake tweets. Just to add realism to the game.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
the turbo view was a zoomed in version of that but didnt rotate for defense. I hate the rotate. really jacks up fast break plays.

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
i beleive just career/myplayer mode. Im gonna be honest. Theres so many different modes I havent even tried them all. Such a deep game. Regardless its just fake tweets. Just to add realism to the game.

Yeah, just curious.

Sparhawk
10-02-2012, 03:17 PM

I recently switched to the 2K view. I always used the side view before, but made it impossible to do fast breaks and use the upper half of the court.

The thing with the 2k view, is that the screen rotates and I always get caught moving the wrong way. I've had plenty of fast breaks that stop cause of that.

Any tips for when the screen rotates? Does it just take practice, or should I take my fingers off the stick when it does that? I like the view, but the rotating screen always messes me up.

Sparhawk
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I saw a vid online that had Hibbert rated a 79. That's disappointing cause Ronnie2K tweeted he'd be an 86. While I thought an 86 would be too high, I think 79 is just a bit too low. Same with PG. Granger is the only 80+ rated player again??? Ugh!!! I thought for sure that PG and Hibbs would be 80-82.

I might do a little editing, to get them where I feel they should be. I never go crazy if I edit, cause it would feel like cheating if too much and wouldn't make the game as enjoyable. I don't need a loaded Miami Heat team to win in My Player/Career.

Also, I may trade DJ + Plumlee for PJIII (who should have been the pacers pick!), or package DJ & Hans for a backup PF/SF like Royce White (who was my first choice for the draft).

Since I'll be the eventual starting pg of the Pacers, Hill will come off the bench, so no need for DJ. And I just can't stand Hans. I don't trust the AI to make a good trade for my team.

Trader Joe
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I recently switched to the 2K view. I always used the side view before, but made it impossible to do fast breaks and use the upper half of the court.

The thing with the 2k view, is that the screen rotates and I always get caught moving the wrong way. I've had plenty of fast breaks that stop cause of that.

Any tips for when the screen rotates? Does it just take practice, or should I take my fingers off the stick when it does that? I like the view, but the rotating screen always messes me up.

I've played with the 2k cam since the 2k series came out, I don't even notice the screen rotating anymore.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
just be aware of where the ball is. as soon as you see your team has possession. hesitate, rotate, run. its been working ok for me.

Sparhawk
10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I've played with the 2k cam since the 2k series came out, I don't even notice the screen rotating anymore.

Guess it just takes practice. I'll get it. At least bigs can't keep up, so hopefully a few slips won't cost me easy buckets.

Sparhawk
10-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Chris Smoove got drafted #1. Took a near triple double, 35pts, 9boards, 8dimes, 3steals and he's a 6'1" pg, and an A+ rating. Damn. Yeah, I doubt I can get that. Even when my player is around a 90 rating, I never really score over 30. I just want to get drafted by the Pacers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FU9GLz7VhZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Foul on Smits
10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
I got bored with all the new aged systems so i broke out the PS2 and started playing Neo Contra

I got a ton of games from gamestop for like $12.

Neo Contra
Devil May Cry 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
A couple of Tony Hawk games
NCAA 2007 ( probably my favorite of the series)
God of War
Shadows of Colossus ( havent played this yet, but i cant wait. )
Soul Calliber 2

I've just been sitting in my garage playing video games lately.

Zackarren
10-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Well.. I get bored in playing those old traditional games. Now I switched to new and latest version of StreetFighter. It is just awesome and have new blasting designs and features.

travmil
10-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh man, you're in for a treat with Shadow of the Colossus. one of my all time fave games. It's definitley on my "stranded on a desert island" list.

Sparhawk
10-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh man, you're in for a treat with Shadow of the Colossus. one of my all time fave games. It's definitley on my "stranded on a desert island" list.

Always wanted to play that, but I have an xbox. Aren't they making that into a Live Action Movie?

Sparhawk
10-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Borderlands 2

The Mechromancer character is out TODAY instead of the 19th. Oh joy!

travmil
10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Always wanted to play that, but I have an xbox. Aren't they making that into a Live Action Movie?

Yes, it's changed producers and directors a few times though.

Richard_Skull
10-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Just got done playing a little XCOM. Pretty cool game, though it gets a little boring watching the same clips over and over. Like the ship landing back at base, it's 15 seconds I'll never get back again for every mission that I do.

ilive4sports
10-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Been going back and forth between Dota 2 and Fifa. Fifa when im sick of people worse than me at Dota 2. Never solo que, Never solo que, Never solo que.

Zackarren
10-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Well I last played the new version of Street Fighter. It is more advanced game from its old versions. It has more action and animated features that make it more interesting. I have become attached to this game and play it most often to have great fun.

Trader Joe
10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
DOTA2 all day

thewholefnshow31
10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Playing Borderlands 2 with my roommate just killing time until Assassins Creed III comes out.

travmil
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Yep I've already finished Borderlands 2 and Transformers Fall of Cybertron and I was really hoping those would last me until ACIII came out. Might have to grab something to hold me over.

RandyWrinkles
10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Just scooped up Dishonored. It's pretty awesome. Similar gameplay to Fallout 3 and Skyrim (and made by the same people) but with an Industrial Revolution / steam punk feel.

ilive4sports
10-18-2012, 11:10 PM
played some SC2 last night, wish i had a HotS beta key.

Trader Joe
10-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Just scooped up Dishonored. It's pretty awesome. Similar gameplay to Fallout 3 and Skyrim (and made by the same people) but with an Industrial Revolution / steam punk feel.

I always thought Fallout was already pretty steam punky.

Sparhawk
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Speaking of Punk...Cyberpunk is coming to town...someday.

http://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-new-sci-fi-rpg-cd-projekt-red/

Want. I used to do some D&D and Cyberpunk back in the day.

RandyWrinkles
10-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I always thought Fallout was already pretty steam punky.

Yeah, good point. But instead of post apocalyptic steam punk it's turn of the century European seaport town steam punk. If you liked Fallout though you'd probably like Dishonored. It has some new mechanics that are pretty neat and is less tedious.

Frostwolf
10-19-2012, 05:50 PM
DOTA2 all day

everyone who plays dota 2, add me. my steamid is either zeehar or bk641.

edit: steam profile here

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015099989/

neosmndrew
10-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Just picked up the first Mass Effect...

Holy crap, do I love this game. You just feel like you are in the game, not playing it. The combat system/plot depth/character development is amazing. I can see myself playing the first for hundreds of hours, and very much want the next 2.

Sparhawk
10-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Just picked up the first Mass Effect...

Holy crap, do I love this game. You just feel like you are in the game, not playing it. The combat system/plot depth/character development is amazing. I can see myself playing the first for hundreds of hours, and very much want the next 2.

I've played the first 2, but haven't played the 3rd. For some reason I just can't bring myself to play it quite yet. Plus, I'm really enjoying Borderlands 2 and NBA 2K13 a lot right now.

DGPR
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I picked up Dishonored the other day and have been pretty entertained. The different ways of completing an objective are interesting to say the least.

cdash
10-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Anyone else really, really excited for Assassin's Creed III?

ilive4sports
10-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Anyone else really, really excited for Assassin's Creed III?
yes, so much yes. im glad that its the 3rd installment and not just a money grab like revelations and brotherhood were.

Hicks
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I decided (somewhat against my better judgement considering it's $60) to pre-order Assassin's Creed 3 last night. The hype got me too stirred up to resist, and I've needed a good new game other than NBA 2K13 to dive into.

I never played the 3rd/4th releases, and I just barely started 2 before I returned it (rental), but I did beat the first game and got a lot of enjoyment out of it, and my understanding is they improved on things with 2 and of course 3 looks to be the best of them all thus far. Plus I love the setting being the American Revolution and the wilderness to go along with the small cities. Very cool. I'm curious to see how the multiplayer is going to be, too.

I also flirted with buying a used copy of Dishonored, but I just couldn't justify the cost all the same right now, particularly on the heals of giving in to pre-ordering AC3, and I figure it's one of those games that will keep dropping in price on the used market, so why not wait until I have more free time anyway?

Sparhawk
10-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I have Brotherhood, but haven't played Revelations. I'm not sure I want to play them, but I do want ACIII. AC1 & ACII were amazing.

Does anyone think I need to play Brotherhood/Revelations?

pacer4ever
10-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Loving the new Xbox update

now league pass is on xbox so is Internet Explorer 2 things I have been waiting for. Plus they made the ESPN app much better easier to keep the games I want and discard ones I dont care for much easier to navigate

RandyWrinkles
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I have Brotherhood, but haven't played Revelations. I'm not sure I want to play them, but I do want ACIII. AC1 & ACII were amazing.

Does anyone think I need to play Brotherhood/Revelations?

I've only played 2 and going right to 3. I don't think we're going to be missing much or anything at all.

Hicks
10-26-2012, 11:39 PM
IGN has a video about 7min long that reviews the story thus far with spoilers.

Kegboy
10-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but Brotherhood is my favorite. Something about Rome really spoke to me, and they actually gave Desmond stuff to do (probably so he wouldn't get any blood clots.) Revelations gameplay was enjoyable, but in a more mindless way. The story didn't add much and was instantly forgettable. The IGN video covers everything you need to know.

I find it interesting that there has been zero info on Desmond's story in the lead-up to III. Part of that I'm sure is to make it more accessible to the masses, but I hope they're keeping some cool stuff under wraps. I loved his sequences at the end of Brotherhood, and was disappointed with how little he had to do in Revelations (though story-wise it made sense.) Everything would seem to be leading to a big present-day blow-out, I hope they go all out. It's been too long since Nolan North saved the world, I need my fix.

Suaveness
10-27-2012, 11:24 AM

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/26/assassins-creed-in-5-minutes

It's really quite good

cdash
10-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Yeah, and that's really all you need. Updated story. The rest of the gameplay and what not was pretty similar to ACII. They were more like expansion packs than anything.

BHenderson
10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
NBA 2k13

tora tora
10-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Buy 2 get 1 free at Target! http://www.target.com/c/video-games-electronics/-/N-5xtg5#?lnk=gnav_electronics|&intc=736567|null
Yes this includes some of the newer titles. I'm getting Assassin's Creed 3, Forza Horizon and Dishonored.

Sollozzo
10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm gonna try to get Assassin's Creed today. Think that place in Circle Centre will have non-reserved copies available?

thewholefnshow31
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm gonna try to get Assassin's Creed today. Think that place in Circle Centre will have non-reserved copies available?

Yes, most big releases like this will have plenty of copies available. The reason to pre-order nowadays is to get some of the cool stuff that comes with a pre-order. The few times I have gone to GameStop they badger me to pre-order GTA5, HAlo 4, AC3 and so on because if I do not there will be no way I get it on the release day.

I cannot remember the last time I did not pre-order and had to miss out on a game for awhile.

Sollozzo
10-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, most big releases like this will have plenty of copies available. The reason to pre-order nowadays is to get some of the cool stuff that comes with a pre-order. The few times I have gone to GameStop they badger me to pre-order GTA5, HAlo 4, AC3 and so on because if I do not there will be no way I get it on the release day.

I cannot remember the last time I did not pre-order and had to miss out on a game for awhile.

Yeah, just got it a bit ago.

Sparhawk
10-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Unless the preorder is just an in game item like a gun or armor. It's so low level that it doesn't matter. You'll find something better in 30 minutes or less.

Borderlands 2 does it right. You get the guns, but you get a new character and a thunderdome (round after round of baddies and fun).

cdash
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM

Well, the **** bird GameStop location in my area apparently ran out of non-reserved copies, which prompted a wildly sarcastic response from me which involved some creative profanity. Now I can say I got kicked out of a GameStop. At least Wal-Mart had it.

ilive4sports
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Started my AC3 journey. Not super far in yet (finished Sequence 3)

I didn't expect the starting character to be a Templar. Thats where i stopped so i could watch Sons of Anarchy. The first 3 sequences are heavily story based, not much action. Hoping that changes now that we will be an actual assassin.

cdash
11-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Started my AC3 journey. Not super far in yet (finished Sequence 3)

I didn't expect the starting character to be a Templar. Thats where i stopped so i could watch Sons of Anarchy. The first 3 sequences are heavily story based, not much action. Hoping that changes now that we will be an actual assassin.

This game is proceeding at an incredibly slow clip. I am just past the point where you are, and things are still not moving as fast as I'd like.

Sparhawk
11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
This game is proceeding at an incredibly slow clip. I am just past the point where you are, and things are still not moving as fast as I'd like.

Is this supposed to be the last game? Or will there be more?

thewholefnshow31
11-02-2012, 08:43 AM
My roommate bought Need for Speed and it was pretty fun. Not usually a big racing fan, but it was nice to drive around in a Tesla.

Just counting down the days till Halo 4.

Sparhawk
11-02-2012, 09:23 AM
My roommate bought Need for Speed and it was pretty fun. Not usually a big racing fan, but it was nice to drive around in a Tesla.

Just counting down the days till Halo 4.

Oh, man, I want a Tesla Model S so bad!

Sollozzo
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM

Same, I hope it picks up.

I'm new to the AC series, but I find it irritating that the game doesn't allow you to go on a killing spree like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. It aborts you if you kill too many people. I wish you had free will.

cdash
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Same, I hope it picks up.

I'm new to the AC series, but I find it irritating that the game doesn't allow you to go on a killing spree like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. It aborts you if you kill too many people. I wish you had free will.

Yeah, it gets pissy if you start offing civilians. That's why I stick to attacking the British guards at any given chance.

Sollozzo
11-02-2012, 04:19 PM
BTW, has anyone heard anything about GTAIV? I think it's been exactly a year since they released that incredible video. It seems like we'd be hearing some news about it soon. Or did I miss something?

BHenderson
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
NBA 2k13

Kegboy
11-03-2012, 02:22 AM
BTW, has anyone heard anything about GTAIV? I think it's been exactly a year since they released that incredible video. It seems like we'd be hearing some news about it soon. Or did I miss something?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/free-los-santos-photo-viewer-with-grand-theft-auto-v-pre-orders

It's coming in the spring.

Sollozzo
11-03-2012, 06:54 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/02/free-los-santos-photo-viewer-with-grand-theft-auto-v-pre-orders

It's coming in the spring.

Sweet! Thanks. Can't wait.

Hicks
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
IGN has a pretty cool video where one of the head guys who made black ops 2 rattles off a lot of the cool things about the new game. I think what easily stood out to me as the most interesting is how in multiplayer games you can sacrifice things like secondary weapons to have additional perks or more attachments to your primary weapon. That sounds pretty sweet.

Natston
11-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Modern Warfare 3

Went to a corner, laid down a tactical insertion, turned around to find a teammate crouched behind me with the sole purpose of blocking me in, he wouldn't move, ended getting ambushed by the other team, died, respawned in the same place because of the tactical insertion, died again, got a message from the jackass with the simple message of "CAMPING", I responded nicely by saying I wasn't camping and that I was activating a tactical insertion, he then asked what I was doing in the corner, I then told him again that I was just activating a tactical insertion, and I have been using run on sentences ever since.

Sandman21
11-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Speaking as someone who has been involved the Call of Duty community off and on since way back when the original game came out, the community has imploded in on itself. The stupidity that the franchise draws anymore is absolutely mindboggling. I actually skipped MW3 (the only one I have never bought) because of just how much the average age on the multiplayer side has fallen. And sadly, its not just on the console side anymore.

ilive4sports
11-05-2012, 05:09 AM
just beat AC3

ummmmm was this ending way too similar to Mass Effect 3 for anyone else? Even the last mission with Conner, walking wounded to kill Lee, just like Sheppard does to kill the catalyst. Then Desmond sacrifices himself, just like Sheppard.

Overall, I have to say im rather disappointed in the game. I loved the setting, but the execution was lacking. The actual assassinations weren't nearly as fun and even the storyline wasn't as good. You kill Haythem just by pressing the "X" button?! WTF. Its your father, where is the long drawn out, epic battle? This was definitely a letdown for me. Glad I just rented it rather than paying $60 for it.

Also anyone else play the series on the 360 and PS3? I played the first two on the PS3 and this one on the 360. Idk what it is, but the game felt so much smoother on the PS3. The controls were much more tight. The 360 felt clunky and as if i didn't have as much control as I was used to.

Well now time for Halo 4.

ilive4sports
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Anyone on here want a Dota 2 key? I just an extra one.

cdash
11-09-2012, 02:30 PM
just beat AC3

ummmmm was this ending way too similar to Mass Effect 3 for anyone else? Even the last mission with Conner, walking wounded to kill Lee, just like Sheppard does to kill the catalyst. Then Desmond sacrifices himself, just like Sheppard.

Overall, I have to say im rather disappointed in the game. I loved the setting, but the execution was lacking. The actual assassinations weren't nearly as fun and even the storyline wasn't as good. You kill Haythem just by pressing the "X" button?! WTF. Its your father, where is the long drawn out, epic battle? This was definitely a letdown for me. Glad I just rented it rather than paying $60 for it.

Also anyone else play the series on the 360 and PS3? I played the first two on the PS3 and this one on the 360. Idk what it is, but the game felt so much smoother on the PS3. The controls were much more tight. The 360 felt clunky and as if i didn't have as much control as I was used to.

Yeah, I just beat it too. Have to say, I loved the setting and the idea behind the game, but I left feeling pretty underwhelmed as well. The way you kill Haythem was weaksauce as you mentioned, and the way you killed Lee wasn't much better.

I feel like the game was really hurt by Connor as a character. Am I the only one who found him completely unlikeable? Altair and Ezio were good characters. I liked them. Connor--well, I was half hoping Lee would kill him the same time he was killing Lee.

You had a slew of historical characters who played a role, but not very imaginative ones. I never gave a **** about the almanac pages, and I thought Ben Franklin could have been used in much the same way Da Vinci was in ACII--making inventions for you and the like.

Overall, I'd have to say this is my least favorite installment of Assassin's Creed--and that includes Brotherhood and Revelations.

I have never played Mass Effect 3 or any of those games, so I can't comment one way or another on that, but all that junk with the spirit ladies and the world ending got insanely stupid and convoluted after ACII. I stopped caring. I did notice some similarities to Red Dead Redemption (for my money, the best game I have ever played) with the hunting and the frontier stuff.

Suaveness
11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Wii U comes out in 9 days, super excited. Got my Deluxe version pre-ordered.

I can't wait for the day when Zelda and Mario comes out in HD. Boy that's going to be gorgeous. Oh, and Smash Bros.

Sparhawk
11-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Borderlands 2.

The first DLC is kinda meh.

ilive4sports
11-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I just beat it too. Have to say, I loved the setting and the idea behind the game, but I left feeling pretty underwhelmed as well. The way you kill Haythem was weaksauce as you mentioned, and the way you killed Lee wasn't much better.

I feel like the game was really hurt by Connor as a character. Am I the only one who found him completely unlikeable? Altair and Ezio were good characters. I liked them. Connor--well, I was half hoping Lee would kill him the same time he was killing Lee.

You had a slew of historical characters who played a role, but not very imaginative ones. I never gave a **** about the almanac pages, and I thought Ben Franklin could have been used in much the same way Da Vinci was in ACII--making inventions for you and the like.

Overall, I'd have to say this is my least favorite installment of Assassin's Creed--and that includes Brotherhood and Revelations.

I have never played Mass Effect 3 or any of those games, so I can't comment one way or another on that, but all that junk with the spirit ladies and the world ending got insanely stupid and convoluted after ACII. I stopped caring. I did notice some similarities to Red Dead Redemption (for my money, the best game I have ever played) with the hunting and the frontier stuff.
yeah i would say its my least favorite of the games, although i didnt play Brotherhood and Revelations. The first one was pretty awesome although it did get repetitive. I thought II was fantastic and the refined mechanics made it even better.

but this one, it could have been so much better. And yeah I didnt do any of the almanac pages either, any time i would even try a guard would notice me and i would have to run away. and the ending is a complete rip off of ME3. the more i think about it, it stands out even more.

Sparhawk
11-11-2012, 12:40 AM
So, is ACIII the last one, or will it continue?

Heisenberg
11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
So I'm like 2+ years late, but hey, ballin on a budget. Hadn't ever played any of the Fallout games before but New Vegas is just a ton of fun. I spend at least a quarter of the time managing inventory, but hey, it's a Bethesda game.

neosmndrew
11-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Loved Mass effect 1 so much i immediately bought Mass effect 2 when i finished. I will snag ME3 when i over the holidays.

My god is this series amazing. I cannot recommend it enough. You can get the whole trilogy on amazon for under $50. Do it.

BRushWithDeath
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
yeah i would say its my least favorite of the games, although i didnt play Brotherhood and Revelations. The first one was pretty awesome although it did get repetitive. I thought II was fantastic and the refined mechanics made it even better.

but this one, it could have been so much better. And yeah I didnt do any of the almanac pages either, any time i would even try a guard would notice me and i would have to run away. and the ending is a complete rip off of ME3. the more i think about it, it stands out even more.

I thought the naval battles were actually really cool. But other than that, meh.

OlBlu
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I just got though playing and beating 'Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit.'

Right now I'm playing the 'Hot Pursuit' part of the game and I've won gold in all but two games where I'm the cop. You're supposed to catch 7 speeders for the gold and I keep catching 6 in both games.

Pong!! :cool:

Natston
11-16-2012, 03:06 PM
So I'm like 2+ years late, but hey, ballin on a budget. Hadn't ever played any of the Fallout games before but New Vegas is just a ton of fun. I spend at least a quarter of the time managing inventory, but hey, it's a Bethesda game.

Check out Fallout 3 for sure, there wont be much of a drop off going back to the older game and the story arcs are not related.

Suaveness
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Wii U comes out tomorrow. Very excited.

Natston
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Black Ops 2

Played a little of Zombies and the campaign, will be playing online a little later.

LetsTalkPacers84
11-19-2012, 04:10 AM
I put this in the BO2 thread too, but really wanted to share

I cant upload the picture of my Gold swagger smg with the Pacer logo and IND clan tag on the back. Heres a link if you want to see it.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8DHyO_CEAEUb-6.jpg:large

Suaveness
11-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Got the Wii U. Very slick piece of technology. The gamepad works really well, very smooth. The graphics on it are really nice, the touch screen is responsive. And I love seeing Mario in HD.

Lord Helmet
11-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm very curious about the WiiU. I assume you got the version with the larger HDD. Do both versions come with component cables or is it just HDMI. My old HDTV is a bit outdated and doesn't have HDMI. :(

I've been playing Madden '13, Black Ops 2 and Halo 4.

Playing co-op campaign on Halo 4 mostly. It is great. I haven't even beat it yet, and I'm ready for Halo 5.

Shade
11-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Super Mario Bros. U

Not a bad game by any means, but it's starting to feel a little stale.

Lord Helmet
11-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Super Mario Bros. U

Not much they can really do with that stuff, eh?

New Super Mario Bros and so forth.

When are the other Nintendo exclusives supposed to hit? A new Zelda would be nice, and a Mario Galaxy or whatever. Do a sequel to Mario 64, that would get me excited.

If they are, sorry, I haven't really kept up with Nintendo because I don't game as much lately and when I do I'm more of an Xbox guy, now.

Suaveness
11-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm very curious about the WiiU. I assume you got the version with the larger HDD. Do both versions come with component cables or is it just HDMI. My old HDTV is a bit outdated and doesn't have HDMI. :(

Yeah it's HDMI only, there were no component cables :(

Suaveness
11-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Mario Bros. U

I guess that depends on what you expect out of it. It's not stale at all for me. I loved playing the mario games for NES/SNES, and each time they make a game like this it harkens back to what I loved about those old games. Especially this one, which has a lot of super mario world to it, which is probably my favorite old school mario game.

Suaveness
11-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Not much they can really do with that stuff, eh?

New Super Mario Bros and so forth.

When are the other Nintendo exclusives supposed to hit? A new Zelda would be nice, and a Mario Galaxy or whatever. Do a sequel to Mario 64, that would get me excited.

If they are, sorry, I haven't really kept up with Nintendo because I don't game as much lately and when I do I'm more of an Xbox guy, now.

They will do all of those for sure, but they can't do all of them in the beginning. I'd actually prefer them to wait until they get really good with the technology before finishing those games.

Zelda will probably be a couple years away. The next 3D mario I have no idea, but within the next couple years probably. Then there's mario kart and smash bros as well, which will be super fun as always.

What I'm liking so far is the 3rd party support. That is going to be the key for Nintendo to do well.

Kegboy
11-26-2012, 11:07 PM
AC3

:sigh:

Well, at least I'm not angry like after Mass Effect 3. But man, what a waste. Technically speaking, it's very impressive. The engine lived up to the hype. And the naval missions were fun. But the gameplay was boring and the story was just bad. And of course, the less said about Connor the better.

Ilive, this was my first on the PS3 after playing the rest of the series on the 360 (did that for the Benedict Arnold missions, which of course were dumb.) I felt the controls were much better, but I just chalked that up to refinements to gameplay, not to the systems themselves. Generally though, I do find the PS3 controller to be more responsive.

I still have the "epilogue missions", and lots of other stuff. We'll see if I do any of it.

MagicRat
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Fix-it Felix, Jr.

Lord Helmet
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Halo 4 multiplayer.

Kind of mad they took out Team Snipers, glad they kept SWAT, though.

Sandman21
11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Currently working on AC3 Digital Deluxe on PC (with the "exclusive" Benedict Arnold missions, btw ;)) Having a hoot with it so far.

Sparhawk
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I just freaking realized that the Last of Us is PS3 exclusive.

Mother *****er.

:mad: :pissed: :scream:

Cactus Jax
12-18-2012, 04:43 AM
http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

Dikembe Mutombo has never been more awesome...

ilive4sports
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
I got a Heart of the Swarm beta key, been playing a good amount of that. And the new PC will be here in like a week. finally will be done with this laptop

ilive4sports
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
i've got more dota 2 keys if anyone wants. currently have 5 left.

Suaveness
01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
A Link to the Past

Hicks
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
I saw the original Jedi Knight PC game on steam as part of a Jedi bundle (Dark Forces, JK, Jedi Outcast, and the latter two's expansions), and.... it didn't load the gameplay properly after watching the opening cutscenes. :-/

Sandman21
01-06-2013, 12:51 AM
I saw the original Jedi Knight PC game on steam as part of a Jedi bundle (Dark Forces, JK, Jedi Outcast, and the latter two's expansions), and.... it didn't load the gameplay properly after watching the opening cutscenes. :-/

Try this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346269&highlight=mysteries+sith

Trader Joe
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
I have a bunch of dota 2 keys if anyone wants.

Hicks
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Is DOTA that action/RPG/RTS -ish kind of game? If so, I'll check it out if you want to PM me a key. Thanks.

Hicks
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Try this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346269&highlight=mysteries+sith

That worked; thanks!

Trader Joe
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I need to add you on Steam to send you the beta invite. DOTA is a MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena) think 40-60 minute matches with 5 players a side where everyone levels and builds a specific hero to push into the other team's base.

Hicks
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
My Steam profile name is MAStamper

Trader Joe
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Alright I shot you a friend request once you accept I can send the beta invite.

ilive4sports
01-07-2013, 03:55 AM
picked up Batman Arkham City GOTY edition on winter sale for $17. Been playing that a good bit today. Really liking it so far.

DGPR
01-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Got done playing Episode 5 of The Walking Dead. The story line is great but it left me wanting more out of the game. It was well done for a DLC game, but I'll have to wait for this spring to play a real Walking Dead game.

Heisenberg
01-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Borderlands 2. It's making me realize how bad I've gotten at video games, I'm awful at it. It being the first FPS I've played in any earnest can't help.

DGPR
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Borderlands 2. It's making me realize how bad I've gotten at video games, I'm awful at it. It being the first FPS I've played in any earnest can't help.

I find myself sucking at console FPS games but being pretty good at them on the PC with a mouse and keyboard. Probably from years of Counter-Strike and BF2 playing.

Hicks
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Been playing a lot of FTL. This game will kick you in the balls so very hard and just crush your soul. But when it's NOT doing that, it's very fun.

neosmndrew
01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Been playing a lot of League of Legends. Any PD people play?

travmil
01-19-2013, 11:50 PM
I bought Skylanders for my son for Christmas. BIG MISTAKE. Not only is it fun, we've been combing every store in the city for rare figures ever since.

Hicks
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm starting to heavily suspect the programmer(s) behind FTL coded in some kind of 'karma check', and when you get a big break, it then re-calibrates upcoming turns to be more brutal. I just experience a run where I got a couple of nice breaks back to back, and from then on it was almost non-stop turns where things seemed cranked up a notch on the difficulty. Ships would be loaded with weapons and/or bots, suddenly go from 1-2 shields to 3 shields, they'd have more missiles just after I got an upgrade to my shields, etc. It's almost, alllllmost to where I might stop playing because it comes across as contrived/sadistic instead of merely challenging.

ilive4sports
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
been playing a lot of sc2 heart of the swarm beta.

Cactus Jax
01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm super excited about Ni No Kuni coming out for PS3 tomorrow in US. Here's a review for those interested: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review

It's a mix of classic RPG Pokemon style made by the Tales series guys, and presentation (graphics/soundtrack) is from Studio Ghibli, one of the most famous anime companies in the world. Apparantly it's pretty badass, and I always hope these Japan imports get solid sales so they'll bring more over.

Cactus Jax
01-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Well, got Ni No Kuni today, and played it non-stop for most of the day, have to get away from the TV, probably the best JRPG I've played in a good number of years, maybe even since Final Fantasy X.

Oh and Nintendo made my day releasing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Hicks
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Now that I have my new PC and I'm back on here a lot more than I have been in years, I've re-discovered the wonder of emulators and ROMs. Very cool for someone my age to be able to re-visit systems like SNES, Genesis, older arcade games, N64. It's great now, too, because I have a wireless adapter for my 360 controller, which makes it a lot of fun.

ilive4sports
01-26-2013, 05:32 AM
planetside 2. fun game. crazy because of how many people are on a server.

MagicRat
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

Sparhawk
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Still playing NBA 2k13. The game cheeses a lot, but it is still fun.

Decided to start over with the same 6'4" pg. I sucked in order to get drafted by the Pacers this time. Last time I was drafted 11th and took me awhile to get traded to the Pacers since the game is kinda dumb that way.

I updated the Pacers squad though.
DJ augustin is gone and in comes Shaun Livingston. I did this mainly cause I'll be the starting pg soon and Hill will be the backup. Shaun has a very low rating so shouldn't play much.
David West has been traded Faried
Hans was traded for Royce White
Plumlee traded for PJIII
I would have signed Oden out of FA, but he's not in the game, so oh well on that.

I kept the trades to players at or worse in player rating, Faried might be the exception, but I just really like the guys game.

MagicRat
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Still playing NBA 2k13. The game cheeses a lot, but it is still fun.

Decided to start over with the same 6'4" pg. I sucked in order to get drafted by the Pacers this time. Last time I was drafted 11th and took me awhile to get traded to the Pacers since the game is kinda dumb that way.

I updated the Pacers squad though.
DJ augustin is gone and in comes Shaun Livingston. I did this mainly cause I'll be the starting pg soon and Hill will be the backup. Shaun has a very low rating so shouldn't play much.
David West has been traded Faried
Hans was traded for Royce White
Plumlee traded for PJIII
I would have signed Oden out of FA, but he's not in the game, so oh well on that.

I kept the trades to players at or worse in player rating, Faried might be the exception, but I just really like the guys game.

How are you getting Royce White to road games?

Hoop
01-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I hadn't played any video games since the original X-Box came out years ago. I just got the Walking Dead Game for my PC. So far it's been pretty cool, I've only got by a few levels in Episode 1. I like the story telling much better than the actual game play.

I don't see myself becoming a gamer anytime soon, I don't have the patience to figure out what you're suppose to do, but it's worth checking out if you are a fan of the Walking Dead TV and Comics. https://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Hicks
02-12-2013, 01:22 AM
I finally beat FTL!

Man, I've played that a ton of times before finally beating the damn thing.

Finally did it using an Engi cruiser equipped with the ion blaster (or whatever it's called; the default one that comes with the cruiser), a pair of 3 shot lasers (so huge to blast off 6 shots at once like that), and three anti-ship drones (two laser, one beam). I managed to work my way up to that point and accrued enough scrap to end up with 3 shields, 45% dodge, and it ended up being enough to break that damned final boss ship apart (didn't realize before it's THREE fights with that damn thing).

Hicks
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC). Underwhelming... :-/

Sparhawk
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Was getting too angry at 2K13 and all the cheesing.

Popped in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I'm really digging this game. Quite like having my own posse of assassin's to have at my beck and call. Leveling them all up like crazy.

I'll still skip Revelations and just pick up ACIII after Brotherhood.

Love the franchise, but I still feel like have the time I have no clue what's going on.

cdash
02-14-2013, 01:30 AM

Popped in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I'm really digging this game. Quite like having my own posse of assassin's to have at my beck and call. Leveling them all up like crazy.

Love the franchise, but I still feel like have the time I have no clue what's going on.

Honestly, we all kind of ripped on Assassin's Creed for milking the **** out of ACII, but there's good reason for it--those are the best three games of the series, imo. ACIII sucked.

ilive4sports
02-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Honestly, we all kind of ripped on Assassin's Creed for milking the **** out of ACII, but there's good reason for it--those are the best three games of the series, imo. ACIII sucked.
gah don't remind me. Still so disappointed in AC3. It had so much potential!

Sparhawk
02-14-2013, 04:44 PM
So, should I play Revelations?

cdash
02-14-2013, 05:09 PM
So, should I play Revelations?

I would, I really liked Revelations, obviously.

J7F
02-14-2013, 08:24 PM

And you still won't until the end of III...

I loved the series... It is rather hard to keep up with... But all is explained by the end...

Sparhawk
02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
gah don't remind me. Still so disappointed in AC3. It had so much potential!
And for anyone that's played ACIII

What was wrong with ACIII? Too easy?

I've seen a couple of vids and it looks really smooth. I'm still gonna get the game, but I just want to know why you enjoy it like the others?

Sandman21
02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
I personally like ACIII, but Connor is a bit of a whiny brat. It grates on you a LOT.

ilive4sports
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
And for anyone that's played ACIII

What was wrong with ACIII? Too easy?

I've seen a couple of vids and it looks really smooth. I'm still gonna get the game, but I just want to know why you enjoy it like the others?
oh the game looks phenomenal. especially if you play on PC. I played the first 2 on my ps3 and the third on the xbox, and idk if thats why the gameplay itself felt worse or not. wasn't as smooth. although my biggest problem with it is the ending. it deserved a much better one. Its pretty much ME3.

cdash
02-15-2013, 05:28 PM
I personally like ACIII, but Connor is a bit of a whiny brat. It grates on you a LOT.

I wanted him to die.

Johanvil
02-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Little late but my interest in video games had dropped massively lately and gave walking dead episodes a try.
My oh my, one of the best games I have ever played. I've been watching the TV show for 3 seasons now and although I enjoy it, I can't say I've ever cared for ANY character. The video game made me do that for at least 2 character in a weekend. Amazing game. It's like watching a film and the decisions you make really impact the whole game. Well done to the developers and really hope there will be a sequel.

thewholefnshow31
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Skyrim

I downloaded a Hearthfire and Dawnguard and started a whole new character. I picked the vampire roll and turned my wife into a vampire, but the two adopted kids I cannot turn into vampires so they will just grow old and die. A little annoyed that I cannot find a Vampire hood for my armor. Does not make much sense to not be able to buy some vampire armor for your head. I need that extra 25% in rating.

AC3 is also in the mix and I agree Connor is a bit whinny brat.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Finally get to the Pacers on 2k13 and win a title starting with PG, Lance, Ibaka and drafted center...

The Pacers let Paul and Lance leave in Free Agency and replaced them with Aminu and resigned the crappy second string point guard behind me. F:censored:ing Isiah Thomas snuck back into Indiana.

Sparhawk
02-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Finally get to the Pacers on 2k13 and win a title starting with PG, Lance, Ibaka and drafted center...

The Pacers let Paul and Lance leave in Free Agency and replaced them with Aminu and resigned the crappy second string point guard behind me. F:censored:ing Isiah Thomas snuck back into Indiana.

That's why before I ever start up a game, I do edit the players contracts I want to stay with 2 to 4 year contracts and no trade clauses. Can't trust the game logic.

Steagles
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I, unfortunately didn't do that in my game... so the Lakers are now George Hill, Gordon Hayward and some drafted players, and the Pacers are screwed. No Danny, no PG, no Lance. My combo guard was drafted by Boston, but traded to OKC in the second season when I had a fallout with Doc and he wouldn't start me when I was consistently getting B's or A's and Bradley was in a slump. So I began starting for OKC and we wrecked the West (which now (season 4) has Lebron, with Phoenix. [SERIOUSLY! PHOENIX!] and Howard with the Rockets. We went to seven and won vs Miami (with Lebron this time) in season 2 and won in five vs Chicago in my 3rd season. This season we traded Westbrook for Deron Williams and a first (which was a good deal because Dwill passes way more in my game, Westbrook refused it seemed like) and we are at 11 losses at the All star break. I'm just trying to play long enough through the dumb moves to not know any opponents.

BHenderson
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
NBA 2k13

Hicks
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
That's why before I ever start up a game, I do edit the players contracts I want to stay with 2 to 4 year contracts and no trade clauses. Can't trust the game logic.

It's pretty bad. I had a my player get traded to the Pacers where I was a point guard. By the time this happened, my player would be the best PG on the team. So what happens? I'm backing up DJ frickin' Augustin and they trade George Hill for Richard Jefferson. :puke:

Sparhawk
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
I, unfortunately didn't do that in my game... so the Lakers are now George Hill, Gordon Hayward and some drafted players, and the Pacers are screwed. No Danny, no PG, no Lance. My combo guard was drafted by Boston, but traded to OKC in the second season when I had a fallout with Doc and he wouldn't start me when I was consistently getting B's or A's and Bradley was in a slump. So I began starting for OKC and we wrecked the West (which now (season 4) has Lebron, with Phoenix. [SERIOUSLY! PHOENIX!] and Howard with the Rockets. We went to seven and won vs Miami (with Lebron this time) in season 2 and won in five vs Chicago in my 3rd season. This season we traded Westbrook for Deron Williams and a first (which was a good deal because Dwill passes way more in my game, Westbrook refused it seemed like) and we are at 11 losses at the All star break. I'm just trying to play long enough through the dumb moves to not know any opponents.

I'm still in my first season, but I'm playing AC Brotherhood at the moment. My starting lineup is me at the point, PG, Danny, Faried and Hibbs. Green is a very good shooter in the game, so I'm happy he's on the bench. In real life though, not so much. Lance barely gets any playing time. Arrrrrgh! I did vouch for Lance to the GM to get his minutes up to 10! And Hill is my backup.

What's your lineup look like now?

ilive4sports
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
just got the new Sim City.

Lord Helmet
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Madden 13, Halo 4, NintendoLand (Mario Chase, Luigi's Mansion)

neosmndrew
03-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Have a week off (Spring Break) coming up... any game suggestions? I have access to my father's powerful computer and thats it (a few older systems but nothing I plan on whipping out while I'm home).

HoTS may be in option if I can get it for $30 or so.

ilive4sports
03-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Have a week off (Spring Break) coming up... any game suggestions? I have access to my father's powerful computer and thats it (a few older systems but nothing I plan on whipping out while I'm home).

HoTS may be in option if I can get it for $30 or so.
it retails at $40. i know newegg was doing a $30 with a promo code a month ago, not sure if they still are. don't know the code though

neosmndrew
03-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Bit the bullet and got Tropico 4 on sale. Excited to try it out.

Sparhawk
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
2K13

Just 11 more games in my season.

Last game I got 46pts 12boards 12dimes and 5steals. 6TOs. This game massively cheats with the TOs. Past 4 games I'm averaging 7.5 TOs. :( 2 triple doubles in my last 3 games and 4 in my last 10.

Season I'm avg 27pts(3rd in the league) 6.5boards 13dimes (1st) 3steals (1st) and 0.8blocks; also first in 3pt % at 56% (so realistic huh). All-Star level settings I think. It's the one just below Hall of Fame. If I make it through the season, I'll bump up to Hall of Fame. I've finally been getting multiple blocks the last 10 or so games. They are usually all come from behind blocks on layups.

I sure hope they fix the blocking for 2k14...among other things.

Think I'm about ready to open ME3 and play the hell out of that game now that all the DLCs are out.

BRushWithDeath
03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
just got the new Sim City.
How's that working out for you?

Sandman21
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM

I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for my copy. When you can get connected to servers, its a fun game. The only problem is WHEN you can get connected to servers....

Sparhawk
03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
2K13

82pts 6boards 10dimes 3steals and a monstrous block on Travis Leslie shooting a 3pt shot. Most of my scoring was against Chris Paul. 15-31 on 3s. I missed 7 or 8 wiiiiiiiiiide open A rated 3s. Guess you can't make them all.

I'm now 2nd in the league in scoring behind 'Melo. Whew! Should pass him in 4 games. 7 games left in the season. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Coupe
03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Anyone have black ops 2 or crysis for pc?? Or even arma 3/2?

ilive4sports
03-11-2013, 08:52 PM
terribly. kinda funny that for me it worked best on day 1. its really a pain in the *** when you are building up your region and go to switch cities, but then can't because you lose connection to the server.... when the game is working, i'm enjoying it quite a bit. its more of a killing time game so i'm not too crushed like the people who have been waiting so long for it. so i will just put off on playing it anymore until the problems are fixed. And I get a free game out of it too.

Also 6 hours until HotS comes out! Working at 530 am tomorrow too. Sleep is for the weak.

BRushWithDeath
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
terribly. kinda funny that for me it worked best on day 1. its really a pain in the *** when you are building up your region and go to switch cities, but then can't because you lose connection to the server.... when the game is working, i'm enjoying it quite a bit. its more of a killing time game so i'm not too crushed like the people who have been waiting so long for it. so i will just put off on playing it anymore until the problems are fixed. And I get a free game out of it too.

Also 6 hours until HotS comes out! Working at 530 am tomorrow too. Sleep is for the weak.

I was wondering if it was as ****ed up as it was made out to be in the media. Guess so. Too bad. I'm exclusively a console gamer but I actually thought about giving SimCity a shot. I played the **** out of SimCity for SNES when I was a kid and even got the Wii-ware port a couple years ago. Oh well. Maybe once they figure the server issues out I'll revisit it.

Sandman21
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I was wondering if it was as ****ed up as it was made out to be in the media. Guess so. Too bad. I'm exclusively a console gamer but I actually thought about giving SimCity a shot. I played the **** out of SimCity for SNES when I was a kid and even got the Wii-ware port a couple years ago. Oh well. Maybe once they figure the server issues out I'll revisit it.

The server issues are getting better already; they've something like quadrupled the number of servers. I'm getting connected all the time now. The first week was brutal and as ****ed up as the media made it out to be.

Wait a couple weeks and watch for a sale and pick it up then.

travmil
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Loved Skyrim and Fallout 3 but only passingly played Oblivion. So I picked up the GoTY edition and popped it in. 10 hours later I had to go to work....

ilive4sports
03-13-2013, 01:55 AM
sc2: Heart of the Swarm all day long. playing through the campaign first since i was in beta and already played multiplayer.

Suaveness
03-13-2013, 10:33 AM
The Last Story

ilive4sports
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
still playing sc2 HotS. got promoted to diamond last night

riverside
03-23-2013, 05:23 PM
just installed & played GTAIII for the first time in years. still love it

Sparhawk
03-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Finished the season in 2K13. MVP, Rookie of the year. I was the league leader in points/gm, steals/gm, assists/gm and 3pt %.

Season 1 averages:
29pts, 6.9boards, 13.4dimes, 3.3steals, 0.7blocks.

Ended the season with 3 triple doubles. The blocks surprised me since they this year it's really difficult to get blocks.

I simmed most of the postseason and won the championship. Think I'm done with this game.

Hope 2k14 just builds on this and not take a huge step back like 2k12 did with 2k11.

neosmndrew
03-25-2013, 01:48 AM
sc2: Heart of the Swarm all day long. playing through the campaign first since i was in beta and already played multiplayer.

Finished the HOTS campaign...

Holy crap. I cannot stop thinking about it. I love the God falls in love with mere mortal motif. I hope Jimmy grows to accept Primal QoB kerrigan and learn that she is only doing this because it is for the greater good, a sacrifice he made himself many times (like allying with her in BW). I absolutely can't wait for LotV.

ilive4sports
03-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Finished the HOTS campaign...

Holy crap. I cannot stop thinking about it. I love the God falls in love with mere mortal motif. I hope Jimmy grows to accept Primal QoB kerrigan and learn that she is only doing this because it is for the greater good, a sacrifice he made himself many times (like allying with her in BW). I absolutely can't wait for LotV.
yeah as soon as i finished the HotS campaign, I was like, I need LotV NOW.

tora tora
03-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Tomb Raider $41.99 on Amazon today

Heisenberg
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
New Vegas, a pack of smokes from my friend. Let's do it.

BRushWithDeath
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Bioshock Infinite is getting pretty rave reviews. I never played this first two but I may have to give them a shot.

Trader Joe
03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
I played Bioshock 1, it is great, but it is famous for kind of blowing it's big twist way too early.

I skipped 2.

However, I am thinking I may have to pick up Infinite, the world is intriguing and the story is supposed to be great with the same tight controls that made 1 so good.

ilive4sports
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
the new bioshock looks amazing. was watching someone play if for a bit, was pretty damn awesome.

Sparhawk
03-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Bioshock 1 didn't grab me right away. It's beautifully haunting though. I did end up finishing the game. You are telling me that somehow half the freaks didn't take over a section with some subs and escape to the surface? Not really buying that.

Skipped the 2nd.

Infinite looks like I'd enjoy more than Bioshock.

Stryder
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Patiently waiting for Injustice: Gods Among Us - set for April 16th.

Sparhawk
03-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Patiently waiting for Injustice: Gods Among Us - set for April 16th.

It looks good, but I never got into the fighting games like that. They just get very repetitive and boring for me. Still, looks really good.

LetsTalkPacers84
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
rented bioshock infinite at redbox box. power played it in 2 days. so id be ready for defiance, which i bought. if you havent heard of defiance. google it. really ambitious with interactive syfy series.

LetsTalkPacers84
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
also bioshock really cool story

cdash
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone played the new Tiger Woods game yet? Thinking about going to buy it today.

thewholefnshow31
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Played Hill Climb on the iPad last night in between laughing as my wife played some Saints Row 2. I think I have created a monster.

Since86
04-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Anyone played the new Tiger Woods game yet? Thinking about going to buy it today.

2013? Yep. There are some control changes, and some new features, but it's still great. It got it used at gamestop for under $30.

neosmndrew
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Still playing HoTS. Changed my avatar to boot.

Sparhawk
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Ready for BL2. Level cap increase!

FINALLY!

Hicks
04-30-2013, 07:15 PM
http://media.rofls.com/15/f9/15f9f1ae93a155dbe685b5e0132c0b22.gif

ECKrueger
05-18-2013, 12:15 AM
I know I'm late, but I enjoy Dead Space

I don't get the Bioshock hype. I like it, but it isn't my favorite.

Sparhawk
05-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Knights of Pen and Paper

mobile/tablet game

Just beat it. Not very hard, but some nostalgia there for FF lovers.

Cactus Jax
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Next X-Box reveal today, not sure how much software they'll show, but it should be interesting anyway. Can either watch it online from a multitude of places, or Spike TV has it, 10 am pst.

Hicks
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I'm very curious to see what they've come up with. Going back, I owned a PSX, a PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 is my currently console of choice, but I never did buy a PS3. PS4 sounded pretty nice, so I'm open to switching depending on how I feel about today's announcement.

Sparhawk
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a feeling I'll be getting the Playstation this time around after being Xbox only for a long time.

I just think the Playstation has better exclusives. I hate exclusives, but Sony has some good ones with MLB The Show and The Last of Us. I really really really want the Last of Us!!!!

Hicks
05-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Xbox One it is . . . did anyone see that name coming? Struck me as odd, but they're clearly going for an "all in one" media device, so I get it.

I wonder if you have to have Xfinity to get in on the TV integration? I highly doubt I can be a part of it given that I use Metronet (an Indiana-only fiber optic TV provider), which sucks but I'm not surprised.

The console looks a lot bigger/blockier than I was expecting, but I think they had to go that route to give it that much power but still be quiet. I'm glad they didn't screw much with the controller. I believe it will have a game DVD built in, which is nice, but I'm not clear yet if you can live-share your gaming experience with friends like the PS4 can. Sounds like they have the hardware in place to do it, though.

I'm still watching. I'm intrigued.

Going from 512MB of RAM to 8GB is a big deal for developers. Xbox Live going from 15,000 servers to 300,000 (not a typo) servers sounds like a big deal, too.

I never got a kinect, but I've seen others use it. I like how quick its response time to voice commands appears to be now, and with the hardware of the One the system can give you a snap-quick response, too.

Hicks
05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Digging the new stuff for Call of Duty Ghosts. I'm in.

Hicks
05-21-2013, 02:05 PM
This presentation felt incomplete, but still fairly interesting. Curious to see more at E3.

BRushWithDeath
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
I couldn't watch the reveal at work but reading about it on Twitter it sounds pretty cool. But can you play video games on it?

thewholefnshow31
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM
I read that there will be 500 GBs of harddrive space, it will not be backward compatible, and that the rumor about it always having to be online is not true. Reading about how it will handle used games is not very good. I understand they want people to buy the games new, but I just do not have the money to buy all of the games brand new.

The entertainment integration looks really interesting, but will it just work with Comcast or will it work with AT&T and DirectTV? It would suck if it is just Xfinity because then one of the biggest draws of the system would be useless to me.

I really hate that it is not backward compatible because given the size of that thing I may not have much room to have a 360 and a X1 sitting around.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one-photos/?viewall=true

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

Trader Joe
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
It sounds like it will be up to your provider if they want to provide a box/hdmi cable that will be compatible with the xbox's TV ability.

Doesn't much matter for me as I already have a full entertainment set up running through a Control4 system so I will probably just use my xbox one as I already do.

Sandman21
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Only game I saw that I want is Watch Dogs and thats going to be its best on the PC.

Looks like I'm staying right where I am (PC first, PS3 for the 1 console exclusive I buy a year).

Lord Helmet
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Definitely going to get one at some point. I just don't see how the Premium package will be any less than $500 and hell it may be more. (I'm assuming they will have a Premium package and a standard one which is a tad bit cheaper, but no one has announced prices yet)

Call of Duty: Ghosts is looking pretty sweet also. I love how the 360 has evolved and it's really the only system I play. We have a WiiU downstairs, but Nintendo might have really screwed themselves with the specs of that thing. (5 year old technology) Plus the fact that since the tech is dated EA has abandoned WiiU. A system that can't support such big titles as Madden and Fifa is just sad.

I'm an Xbox guy but by no means a "fanboy" in a perfect world I'd like to grab a PS4 as well.

thewholefnshow31
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
The one thing that kind of bothers me is the lack of clarity on used/borrowed games. This idea that you will have to pay a fee for used games/borrowed games is going to kill the used game market. I love videogames, but I have grown up and have more important things to spend my money on so I cannot buy every awesome game day one at full price. Also, if my friend brings his game over to play with me what will it do when I am signed in under my gamertag and want to play? If it stops people bringing games over and playing that is messed up.

Sandman21
05-22-2013, 09:11 AM
The one thing that kind of bothers me is the lack of clarity on used/borrowed games. This idea that you will have to pay a fee for used games/borrowed games is going to kill the used game market. .
EA just dumped their online pass program that was making people who bought used games pay for online access.... I wouldn't be shocked to see that begin to happen elsewhere too.

That being said, welcome to what us PC gamers have to deal with! :D

Sparhawk
05-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Can't wait for more info.

Still unsure which system I want to get. I'll probably wait a year after their releases to finally make up my mind and get one.

Just think the PS has better exclusives and might ultimately win me over.

neosmndrew
06-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Started playing Dragon Age: Origins and Borderlands 2 this week. Will hopefully get to Dragon Age II before too long.

Sparhawk
06-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Borderlands 2

Tiny Tina's new DLC, which is supposed to be the largest DLC for Borderlands yet, is coming out soon!!!

Also, I picked up the Game of the Year edition for Arkham City for $5 the other day on Amazon. Woo hoo! Can't wait to play this. Arkham Asylum was awesome.

gummy
06-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Started playing Dragon Age: Origins and Borderlands 2 this week. Will hopefully get to Dragon Age II before too long.

I've been thinking about replaying Dragon Age: Origins - there are still a couple of origin stories I haven't played. I still love that game. Hope DAIII lives up to the promise of the series, because DAII fell a bit short. And I still miss my Warden. :(

thewholefnshow31
06-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I saw Sony said they are not pushing the DRM, but leaving it up to the publisher. I really do not see publishers passing on it for the PS4 and enjoying it on the X1. To me this is just Sony saying hey do not look at us when you are mad about both systems using DRM. We left it up the publishers and they decided to do it.

Dr. Hibbert
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I feel like, if you don't play Bioshock Infinite, you're just missing out. Admittedly, I'm a big BioShock fan, and the twist was even a bit heady for me (I had to read a lot of FAQs to figure it all out). But it's a beautiful, immersive experience. One of those games where I can spend just as long just looking & listening as I can actually engaging in combat and story quests.

Sparhawk
06-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Batman Arkham City (Game of the Year edition!)

Simply awesome.

Sparhawk
06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I feel like, if you don't play Bioshock Infinite, you're just missing out. Admittedly, I'm a big BioShock fan, and the twist was even a bit heady for me (I had to read a lot of FAQs to figure it all out). But it's a beautiful, immersive experience. One of those games where I can spend just as long just looking & listening as I can actually engaging in combat and story quests.

I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition so I it'll include all the DLC. Same with ACIII.

neosmndrew
06-06-2013, 03:12 AM
I never really got into Bioshock I-II. I have SO many games on my steam/origins accounts unbeaten (Dragon Age II, GTAIV, Both batman arkham games), plus my friend and I just strated the Free to Play version of The Old Republic. If I like it a lot, I may spend enough money to get "preferred" status, we'll see.

Sparhawk
06-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Is Steam worth it? How does everyone play their games when they buy on steam? Keyboard or controller? I like controllers cause they are much easier to me. I never really cared for keyboard. Too many keys/buttons for my taste.

I see some of the prices for games on Steam and they are awfully tempting.

Trader Joe
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
I really like Steam. Steam sales are so badass. Controller compatibility depends on the game itself.

BRushWithDeath
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Would you recommend playing through Bioshock 2 or going straight to Infinite?

Are the stories interconnected?

Sandman21
06-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Is Steam worth it? How does everyone play their games when they buy on steam? Keyboard or controller? I like controllers cause they are much easier to me. I never really cared for keyboard. Too many keys/buttons for my taste.

As a PC guy, I can't imagine being one without having Steam. It's THAT damn awesome.

Sparhawk
06-06-2013, 03:39 PM
NBA 2K14 trailer debuts during the Final Game 1 tonight.

Hicks
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
This made me regret never buying a PS3. I won't now, especially this late in it's cycle, just for this, but this looks really good:

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/05/the-last-of-us-review" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sparhawk
06-07-2013, 07:55 AM
This made me regret never buying a PS3. I won't now, especially this late in it's cycle, just for this, but this looks really good:

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/05/the-last-of-us-review" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is why when the new gen is out, I'm going to do a side by side comparison. Ultimately, whichever has the better Exclusive titles will probably win out. I want to play MLB the show for once dammit. Also, this game looks amazing!!! I want this for xbox...aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... .

graphic-er
06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
"Last of us" looks really intriguing, might pick it up used though.

Also really interested in COD Ghosts, but I find the multiplayer in COD to be stupid, can't stand all the perks and helicopter BS, Kill cams, and the levels don't have any real destruction like the Battlefield games do. However the Battlefield games just rely way too much on vehicle superiority. Whatever happened to the good ol days of Socom2-3...that had so many styles of play, you could run and gun, you could hang back and snipe, you could get in a jeep and run guys down, but what ever style you chose you never felt like you were at a huge disadvantage any situation.

I'm probably only pick up on game this year until the PS4 comes out and thats Grand Theft Auto....looks amazing as always.

ilive4sports
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Watching the microsoft presentation at E3.

I think all the major press conferences are gonna be broadcast on here http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Hicks
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm digging Xbox One. I like the DVR feature, and I'm thrilled they're teaming with Twich TV for live streaming capabilities. That was something I was concerned would only be a PS4 thing (watching friends play via live stream).

Apparently you can also play one game while you wait for something to happen in another game, if I saw correctly. I hope that's the case because that is friggin' SWEET. Speaking as someone who loses a lot of time on 2K13 in between matches (waiting for everyone from both teams to join, finding another game on Game Battles), if I can play another game while I wait in the Online Lobby of my 2k14 game too, I will be very happy. Alternatively, just being able to watch a video (including Netflix, I hope?) in a split screen while I wait in a lobby or whatnot would be amazing, too.

Also, it looked like you can switch between two games in just a few seconds, which is amazing.

Coming November 2013 for $499 in the U.S. That's a pricey piece of hardware, but it's not shocking, either. I wonder if the rumor of a $299 version (if you agree to pay two years of Xbox Live Gold) is true. If it is, obviously that's the route I'll take.

All in all, I'm very happy with how Xbox One is shaping up. I just wish I had a mainstream TV provider so I could be confident that I could integrate my television watching straight within this box; I'm concerned that won't be possible with Metronet. That's the only fly in the ointment for me.

Sandman21
06-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Call of Duty ‏@CallofDuty 9 Jun

Pro baller & Call of Duty fan @Hoya2aPacer is taking your questions at E3, Monday at 4:30pm PDT. Details: http://bit.ly/E3CODchat

TheRyanExpress
06-10-2013, 03:05 PM
I bought WWE13 yesterday. I haven't watched wrestling since the late-90's when I was a teenager, but that's what drew me to the game: the Attitude Era mode where you play out storylines from that time. It's fun reliving those memories from when I paid attention. I also love the ability to create matches and put titles on the line etc, only problem is, I hardly know anyone on the current WWE roster.

thewholefnshow31
06-10-2013, 04:02 PM
The X1 has me interested especially with Killer Instinct, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, but the $500 price tag is a bit much. I really doubt PS4 will be much cheaper, but their show made me much more intersted even with the every 24 hour check in and DRM.

TheRyanExpress
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
The X1 has me interested especially with Killer Instinct, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, but the $500 price tag is a bit much. I really doubt PS4 will be much cheaper, but their show made me much more intersted even with the every 24 hour check in and DRM.

If I remember correctly, didn't the Xbox 360 run $400/$500 when it was released and PS3 was $600? I'm surprised the price is around the same, but definitely glad it's not higher.

Lord Helmet
06-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Xbox 360 when it came out in mid-November of 2005, was $399.99 for the Premium Edition and $299.99 for the Core edition, I believe.

$500 sucks, and I was hoping for $400 but it could be worse, I suppose. Curious to what PS4 will be priced at, and also awaiting Bungie showing off some gameplay footage of their new game, Destiny

Sandman21
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Xbox 360 when it came out in mid-November of 2005, was $399.99 for the Premium Edition and $299.99 for the Core edition, I believe.

$500 sucks, and I was hoping for $400 but it could be worse, I suppose. Curious to what PS4 will be priced at, and also awaiting Bungie showing off some gameplay footage of their new game, Destiny

Get ready for multiple pricepoints for PS4 starting at $400 if Gamespot is right:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-to-release-multiple-versions-of-ps4-report-6409624/

Lord Helmet
06-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Hmm, that sounds about right. Surprised that it looks like Xbox One is just going to have a set price and one version you can buy at launch....

Lord Helmet
06-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Stupid question, as I'm waiting for the live stream of Sony's e3 conference, I wonder if Nintendo is doing one or if they've just given up already?

ilive4sports
06-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Stupid question, as I'm waiting for the live stream of Sony's e3 conference, I wonder if Nintendo is doing one or if they've just given up already?
Tomorrow at 10AM EDT/7 AM PDT

I'm looking forward to this Sony conference.

Suaveness
06-10-2013, 09:47 PM

They don't have a conference this time. They're doing a Nintendo Direct and they'll just give the same information but without the stage presentation.

There's no need for them to give up. With a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, a new Mario, Wind Waker HD remake, A Link to the Past 2, and possible new Zelda tease all happening tomorrow, there's plenty of awesomeness to go around.

Dr. Hibbert
06-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Would you recommend playing through Bioshock 2 or going straight to Infinite?

Are the stories interconnected?

Ah, missed this earlier.

I mean, in terms of overall amazingness of games for the first time, the order is definitely: Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite ... and then Bioshock 2.

That's not to say Bioshock 2 is a bad game. It's just hard to top the way Rapture was introduced in the first, and the story that went with. It's still a good story, and the drill dash as a Big Daddy never gets old. But in the same sense, it's also a lot less intimidating to play and harder to become immersed in the world, because you're a freaking Big Daddy. You have to TRY to die in the game.

I don't think much of Bioshock Infinite really depends on playing Bioshock 2, so pretty much your call. It's still a worthwhile play, and it's a good game, it just suffers from existing in the same series as two absolutely genius games.

Dr. Hibbert
06-10-2013, 10:34 PM
"Last of us" looks really intriguing, might pick it up used though.

Also really interested in COD Ghosts, but I find the multiplayer in COD to be stupid, can't stand all the perks and helicopter BS, Kill cams, and the levels don't have any real destruction like the Battlefield games do. However the Battlefield games just rely way too much on vehicle superiority. Whatever happened to the good ol days of Socom2-3...that had so many styles of play, you could run and gun, you could hang back and snipe, you could get in a jeep and run guys down, but what ever style you chose you never felt like you were at a huge disadvantage any situation.

I'm probably only pick up on game this year until the PS4 comes out and thats Grand Theft Auto....looks amazing as always.

I'm stoked for Last of Us. I much prefer games that tell good stories, involve me with characters & the world, to pure shoot 'em ups or mindless games (sports games excluded). Early buzz on Last of Us is that it is the most successful game to date at drawing players into the world and legitimately making them care about the characters, the story, and the decisions the player makes.

Dr. Hibbert
06-10-2013, 10:35 PM

You can always get those 360 controllers that work for the PC. Think you just have to buy some software to install, and it's an easy plug-and-play in your USB port. Used to play FEAR that way a long while back.

ilive4sports
06-10-2013, 10:44 PM
This is a massacre. Sony is killing it.

Lord Helmet
06-10-2013, 10:48 PM
They don't have a conference this time. They're doing a Nintendo Direct and they'll just give the same information but without the stage presentation.

There's no need for them to give up. With a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros, a new Mario, Wind Waker HD remake, A Link to the Past 2, and possible new Zelda tease all happening tomorrow, there's plenty of awesomeness to go around.
Yeah, the Nintendo exclusives are always good, but I really wish they wouldn't have went with 8 year old technology. I like the Wii U, we have one downstairs, but when developers choose to not make games for it because of the hardware being old/tricky or whatever it is, that's not a good sign.

As much as we all hate EA, not having a new Madden/FIFA this fall (at least) is bad for them.

I'd have been fine with paying $100 more if they would have just upgraded the raw power of the system to at least around what Sony and Microsoft has

Lord Helmet
06-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Just caught the last few mins of the live Destiny demo. Loooooookin' gooooood