PDA

View Full Version : What Video game did you last play?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Sparhawk
05-07-2012, 07:02 PM
NBA 2k11

Right on. 2K12 was just terrible. I went back to 2k11 as well.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm still playing the crap out of Skyrim. I still haven't finished the MQ yet, and I just barely started a second character. I am really getting my money's worth out of this game!

Sparhawk
05-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I just want a new basketball or football game.

Anyone know when we can expect details to come out on 2K13 and the NBA Live 13?

I'm not holding my breath that Madden has improved anything worth spending $60 on....*sigh*

ilive4sports
05-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I just want a new basketball or football game.

Anyone know when we can expect details to come out on 2K13 and the NBA Live 13?

I'm not holding my breath that Madden has improved anything worth spending $60 on....*sigh*
I dont even bother with Madden. The NCAA games always seem so much better.

ilive4sports
05-11-2012, 02:55 AM
not playing a game, but some ridiculously awesome news for starcraft fans. MLG and Kespa just made a deal which will bring brood war pro's over, as they are transitioning to sc2 now, to play in MLGs. they will be playing in an exhibition tournament at MLG Anaheim.

LetsTalkPacers
05-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Anyone have the new Ghost recon for xbox. I would really like to get some 4 player co-op going.

Constellations
05-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Anybody else have it?

Sparhawk
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Army of 2: 40th Day

Playing with a buddy.

PaceBalls
05-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Diablo 3 anyone? best.. game... ever.

Sparhawk
05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Diablo 3 anyone? best.. game... ever.

If only it was for 360 too. *sigh*

ilive4sports
05-30-2012, 05:18 PM
If only it was for 360 too. *sigh*
but how can you right click on a console

Cactus Jax
05-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Diablo 3 is awesome.

Sparhawk
05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
2K12.

My Player. Just played the Sac Kings and the guy I guarded could NOT miss a *****ing 3. My 11pt lead turned into an 11pt deficit real quick. You simply cannot offer any help defense cause this game let's anyone and everyone shoot a 3. Really stuck to my guy in the second half and went on to win by 2pts.

Stat line: 25pts, 13boards, 15dimes, 3steals, 1block for my 6'6" point guard. :dance:

Peck
05-31-2012, 03:59 AM
I just finished disc 1 of max payne 3.

Meh, not a very deep story and very little interaction other than just shooting. Decent graphics but not even in the realm of red dead redemption or even the grand theft auto series.

MagicRat
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Halo: Reach

I'm just as bad at Halo games as I remember.

Sparhawk
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Halo: Reach

I'm just as bad at Halo games as I remember.

I'm not very good at Halo either. I'm good in the solo campaigns, but not when it comes to multiplayer. These 8 years have too much time to get good, and I only have time to play a couple times a week if that. No thanks to mulitplayer. Just single player or coop for me.

I really love the original Halo. I want the Anniversary to go down in price so I can buy it. I'm just not paying $39 for such an old that and all they did was update the graphics a bit.

Constellations
06-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I just finished disc 1 of max payne 3.

Meh, not a very deep story and very little interaction other than just shooting. Decent graphics but not even in the realm of red dead redemption or even the grand theft auto series.

I disagree with everything in this post. It's a very deep story, there's plenty of other interaction if you actually try. The graphics are CLEARLY better than GTA4 and RDR.

I actually wrote a review on the game and I stated that it's one of the best titles I've played in YEARS. I gave it a 9.8 out of 10, because it's a carefully written story, the environment isn't rendered the same like every other game out there. I've completed the game, and I'm currently patching a Hard mode run through it (It's tough to do so when your playing a title as great as Lord of the Rings: War in the North).

Not trying to start an argument at all buddy,I'm just pointing out some strong opinions on the game.

bellisimo
06-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Street Fighter X Tekken

Peck
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I disagree with everything in this post. It's a very deep story, there's plenty of other interaction if you actually try. The graphics are CLEARLY better than GTA4 and RDR.

I actually wrote a review on the game and I stated that it's one of the best titles I've played in YEARS. I gave it a 9.8 out of 10, because it's a carefully written story, the environment isn't rendered the same like every other game out there. I've completed the game, and I'm currently patching a Hard mode run through it (It's tough to do so when your playing a title as great as Lord of the Rings: War in the North).

Not trying to start an argument at all buddy,I'm just pointing out some strong opinions on the game.

No problem at all. In retrospect my stating that it is not a deep story was poorly chosen. The story is very deep. I just prefer more interaction with characters myself and not have all of the dialoge be done between action scenes.

Other than clues and picking up golden gun parts am I missing out on something? Let me know if I am because it wouldn't be the first time I played a game and missed an entire storyline I was supposed to do.

Also the action scenes are good and the graphics are what you come to expect from Rockstar games but honestly it's just not my favorite. Don't get me wrong I like it & am going to finish it but I just prefer RDR.

Sparhawk
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
NBA 2K12

19pts, 11boards, 13assists, 3steals, 1block

Another tripple dub for me!!!

October can't come soon enough for another basketball game. I only hope EA and 2K bring it. I don't think I can keep playing 2k12 much longer.

Steagles
06-01-2012, 07:34 PM
MLB 12 The Show, my RF is 99 at everything, and I am on a tear this season with the Sox, 36 homers and I am at the tail end of June. I really want to hit at least 74 this season lol.

Sparhawk
06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
2K12

Played the Lakers without a Kobe Bryant and beat them by 20. Would have been 30+, but when I went out the game, the Lakers would make a run every time.

Career high 36pts, 8boards, 14dimes, 2steals, 2blocks.

For the season I'm avg 18.3pts, 6.5boards, 11.2dimes, 3.7steals (most of my steals come from playing the lanes), 1.5blocks.

Not too shabby!

Sparhawk
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
MLB 12 The Show, my RF is 99 at everything, and I am on a tear this season with the Sox, 36 homers and I am at the tail end of June. I really want to hit at least 74 this season lol.

If the Show came out for the 360, I might actually get a baseball game. But as much as I love baseball, I never enjoy the games. Basketball, hockey, soccer and football games are all a lot more fun for me.

Steagles
06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
If the Show came out for the 360, I might actually get a baseball game. But as much as I love baseball, I never enjoy the games. Basketball, hockey, soccer and football games are all a lot more fun for me.

MLB the Show is far and away the best series I have ever played, trailed closely on by GTA. The physics are awesome, the commentary rocks, the little things are what make the game, like shown in this thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show/539338-mlb12-show-little-things-thread.html) at OS. Some of the creative directors monitor the Operation Sports forums and try to implement people's suggestions if they can, and they even recorded a commentary piece about young pitchers hitting corners to strike players out, saying something like "This kid is doing all of the little things right" by the first guy and "That sounds familiar, maybe a thread title or something" by another guy in response. Hell, in last years game, if you missed a corner with Roy Halladay and it is close but called a ball, one announcer will say "Maybe he would have gotten that call if he wasn't on the cover of the wrong game". That is why I love the Show. They do so much to keep the players happy that they can goof around with that kind of thing and it works. If I had to pick between MLB 2K12 and MLB 06 TS, I would probably pick '06.

graphic-er
06-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Gosh Video games are so time consuming, about the only thing I play now days is Battlefield 3 on PS3. Just because I can quickly get my fix and then put it down. I bought final fantasy 13 months ago for like $15.00 and haven't even opened it yet. I used to be really into the RPG's.
Last one i got close to finishing was X-2. They let you breeze through the game unlocking all the story, but then make the final boss impossibly hard. I just wasn't strong enough yet. So i got fed up and youtubed the ending.

I will pick up the new GTA whenever it comes out though.

Pig Nash
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Assassin's Creed Revelations, really liked it though Jupiter's voice at the end was really hard to follow, though I got the gist. Ezio's romance and ending were very satisfying. Some of the best character moments in a video game I've ever played and not something I really expected from a game series that has Desmond/What'sherfaceKristenBellnopersonality as it's central relationship.

ilive4sports
06-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Anyone watch E3 today? I only caught the Ubisoft presentation. A3 is looking better and better the more I see it. The new Splinter Cell looks really good. And they have a new title called Watch Dogs. This is definitely something to keep your eyes on.

If you want to check it out, they broadcasted the Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Sony presentations on GameSpot's twitch.tv. here is the link to the VODs

http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/videos

Sparhawk
06-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Saw the Microsoft conference.

Halo 4 looks interesting. New enemy look like robots. Not sure why the Covenant are still enemies, but I guess the humans didn't befriend them all.

Just please don't make me play as someone other than Master Chief. The new Splinter Cell does look very good.

Kinect sports looks cool, but I doubt I drop money for a kinect. Didn't see anything for a baskeball game from EA/2k. Wonder if there is going to be anything.

Trader Joe
06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I can't get excited for Halo 4 at all.

Halo had a good story.

Halo 2 had an OK story, but passed because of it's revelations to multiplayer.

Halo 3 had an awful story, combined with a multiplayer system that wasn't all that special.

I really doubt I'll pick up Halo 4 because of this.

Sparhawk
06-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I can't get excited for Halo 4 at all.

Halo had a good story.

Halo 2 had an OK story, but passed because of it's revelations to multiplayer.

Halo 3 had an awful story, combined with a multiplayer system that wasn't all that special.

I really doubt I'll pick up Halo 4 because of this.

I do agree that the series kept going downhill after the first. Should not have gotten rid of the pistol. The flood were just an annoying enemy, not a fun one.

LetsTalkPacers
06-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Watch Dogs, and Dead Space look awesome

Really looking forward to Defiance

Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed, and surprisingly Halo 4 all look good.

Black Ops I'll get and play, but not exactly "excited" for it.

Borderlands will be fun too.

Pig Nash
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Only new thing that I hadn't heard of so far that I'm excited about is Dishonored.

Pig Nash
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Finished a couple of weird Japanese games, Catherine which was like a 30something drama half the time, and a weird puzzle game the other, and a fun shooter Shadows of the Damned. Gotta find something else to play until ACIII, now.

LetsTalkPacers
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Dumb question but do you have to pay to play diablo 3 online?

ilive4sports
06-07-2012, 05:24 AM
nope.

Sparhawk
06-07-2012, 08:03 AM

If Diablo came out on xbox, then I'd have it. While I like computer games, none of my friends do. I'd only want the game to play some coop with friends, so I don't think it'll happen.

Sparhawk
06-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Anyone watch E3?

Any details on 2K13 or Live 13?

I read a short article on IGN about Live 13...and it didn't have much in the way of details. You'd think 2 years in development that they'd be gushing with details. The only take away is that they don't have canned animations. While good, that couldn't have taken 2 years to do and be the most exciting thing they've done.

There were a couple of screenshots that looked pretty bad too. I hope those screenshots were really old. This does not bode well for EA. 2 years...come away with nothing? Yikes. It was a short article, so hopefully IGN just left off stuff, cause to me, it comes across as really bad for EA.

:box: I would have thought EA and 2K would be taking competition more seriously. I'm not blindly spending $60 on a game full of bugs or that looks/plays terrible. One of them better step up. 2K12 was just a travesty...and the lack of support makes me question whether 2K13 will be anything better.

At least Madden actually looks good so far! Pleasantly surprised. There better be an online Franchise mode that I can play with a buddy.

Ownagedood
06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I normally buy mostly Xbox games, but decided it was time to start using my PS3 more.. I bought the Uncharted series and have played 1 and 2... Great games! Can't wait to play the 3rd one.

Pig Nash
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Uncharted is really fun.

LetsTalkPacers
06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
If Diablo came out on xbox, then I'd have it. While I like computer games, none of my friends do. I'd only want the game to play some coop with friends, so I don't think it'll happen.

this is how i feel too, but im bored lol. I got a new computer this year, so i thought id try and find a good game to play. I have never played diablo but always heard good things. if i can find a few people to play with I think ill get it.

also, im still looking for ghost recon future soldier co op partners to play the co op campaign and guerrilla mode. (xbox)

Sandman21
06-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Minecraft (on PC) FTW lol

pacer4ever
06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone watch E3?

Any details on 2K13 or Live 13?

I read a short article on IGN about Live 13...and it didn't have much in the way of details. You'd think 2 years in development that they'd be gushing with details. The only take away is that they don't have canned animations. While good, that couldn't have taken 2 years to do and be the most exciting thing they've done.

There were a couple of screenshots that looked pretty bad too. I hope those screenshots were really old. This does not bode well for EA. 2 years...come away with nothing? Yikes. It was a short article, so hopefully IGN just left off stuff, cause to me, it comes across as really bad for EA.

:box: I would have thought EA and 2K would be taking competition more seriously. I'm not blindly spending $60 on a game full of bugs or that looks/plays terrible. One of them better step up. 2K12 was just a travesty...and the lack of support makes me question whether 2K13 will be anything better.

At least Madden actually looks good so far! Pleasantly surprised. There better be an online Franchise mode that I can play with a buddy.

http://www.operationsports.com/previews/148/nba-live-13/

doesn't sound good not like I expected it too be

Also it was announced at E3 NBA league pass will be on Xbox starting next year. That makes me really excited.

Cactus Jax
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
E3 was pretty much a disaster imo as far as looking forward into the future of gaming. The Wii U had no info as far as a release date or pricing, and they didn't show many games for it. And of course there was nothing on the Microsoft or Sony front on their new systems, and their conferences were very boring. (Sony showing Wonderbooks for 20 minutes almost put me to sleep)

It's clear that these companies just want to milk additional money for at least another year before announcing their systems, especially Microsoft, the 360 came out in 2005, that's a long time.

Pig Nash
06-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm happy there's probably no new Microsoft or Sony consoles till late 2013/2014. Not looking forward to spending to upgrade. Probably won't be as marked of an improvement as the last generation.

Sparhawk
06-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Watch Dogs looks crazy good. Holy crap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FcMRkyoHKeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LetsTalkPacers
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Watch Dogs looks crazy good. Holy crap.

Yep, thats what I said. Top of my list.

Sparhawk
06-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Yep, thats what I said. Top of my list.

It's like they took everything they've learned with Assassin's Creed and just taking it to the next level. Looking forward to AC3. I still need to play Brotherhood.

LetsTalkPacers
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
i havent played brother hood, and will probably skip it and go straight to the new one.

neosmndrew
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Bastion. Got it in the most recent Humble Indie Bundle.

I'm eyeballing playing Amnesia. Any naysayers?

Trader Joe
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
F1 2011

Holy **** this has got to be the hardest racing sim I've ever played.

Cactus Jax
06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Still playing Diablo 3, farming Act 1 on Inferno mode as a Barbarian. Pretty much paid for my game and then some selling stuff I get on RMAH.

Jeremy
06-27-2012, 07:34 AM
I still love playing Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Hypnotiq
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Football Manager 2012

Hicks
06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm gradually working my way through Diablo 3 as a Barbarian on normal difficulty. Fun to get back into it after years and years away.

thewholefnshow31
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I just finished up Saints Row 3. I am kind of disappointed in it. I had a lot of fun with the game, but I think I had more fun with Saints Row 2. I think SR3 was just way to short and I did not like the activities being part of the story mode. I always had a good laugh with the cut scenes in SR2 that went along with activities. Graphically and gameplay wise it was really good.

I started up SR2 and RDR again as well. I am getting a divorce so I will have plenty of time to play games again.

SoupIsGood
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Still playing Diablo 3, farming Act 1 on Inferno mode as a Barbarian. Pretty much paid for my game and then some selling stuff I get on RMAH.

Same here. I farm festering woods and all the other wide open woodsy-type area elites for an hour or so before hitting the hay. Last night I found a legendary and a set item within like five minutes of each other!

I haven't touched the rmah yet, aside for two 1.25 items I sold for kicks. I might try selling whatever gold I don't need if they ever enable that feature, but other than that meh . . . I find the whole rmah pretty fascinating as an idea and I hooe more online games head this way, I just don't feel any strong urge to participate in it.

Barbs are the coolest!

Steagles
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Made another road to the show player in MLB 12, a pitcher. I had him the best pitcher in Pittsburgh by 19. In my 2nd season in the bigs, about June, last night I threw a no hitter vs the Jays in Pittsburgh. My only blunder was a HBP (damn knuckleball!) in the 6th. I did draw a double play so I finished at the minimum.

Sparhawk
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I must hate myself cause I'm playing 2k12.

bellisimo
07-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Max Payne 3 - likin' the style

Steagles
07-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Max Payne 3 - likin' the style

How is the game overall, gameplay and story wise? I'm considering picking this one up.

bellisimo
07-06-2012, 03:30 AM
How is the game overall, gameplay and story wise? I'm considering picking this one up.

Honestly I've just played only the first chapter as I'm lacking time right now - but from what I've played so far - it was great. Loved the movie style story telling and the bullet time gameplay is still awesome. Felt the cinematics was a bit much though compared to the amount of gameplay - but maybe that changes in the later stages...

ilive4sports
07-06-2012, 07:50 PM
http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/live/index.html

Just watching some EVO!

tora tora
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Felt the cinematics was a bit much though compared to the amount of gameplay - but maybe that changes in the later stages...
Unfortunately it doesn't...

Hicks
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Super Mario Bros.

Mega Man X

cdash
07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I desperately need a new game to pique my interest. It has been literally six months since I even turned on my 360.

pacerjones20
07-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Anyone see the 15 minutes of playing time for the new immortals game. It's from the mortal kombat guys but it's DC characters. It looks awesome

Sparhawk
07-11-2012, 08:20 AM
I desperately need a new game to pique my interest. It has been literally six months since I even turned on my 360.

Yeah, I just really want a new basketball game. 2k/EA...one of them had better make a good game. I'll pull my hair out if both suck. I don't have any hope for it, but if Madden is good, I'd probably pick that up too.

I still have Assassin's Creed games to play and ME3. For some reason, I just want to play sports games right now though.

Anyone see the 15 minutes of playing time for the new immortals game. It's from the mortal kombat guys but it's DC characters. It looks awesome

It does look awesome, but I hate one vs one fighter games. They are just so dull to me, and I hate memorizing button sequences. Just want them to make something kickass like this but in a action-rpg style game. That would be really awesome.

Jeremy
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
MLB 2K12

btowncolt
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Pretty much always playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer still if I have time for the XBox 360.

Kosmo Yagkoto
07-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Been playing Shadow of Colossus on PS3. Quite a simple game with great atmosphere and I am loving it so far.

DangerGranger3pointranger
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I last played NBA 2K12

Stryder
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Have a link?

neosmndrew
07-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum and Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2, all for under 11$. Good steam sale for me so far.

Sparhawk
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Halo: Anniversary

Pretty cool. The controls seems so different from the sequels, so it's taking some time getting used to them again.

ilive4sports
07-15-2012, 07:40 PM
God I hope Halo 4 doesn't suck.

Stryder
07-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Anyone played Lego Batman 2?

Sandman21
07-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Anyone played Lego Batman 2?

I liked it. Little different from the Lego titles in that the "Hub" is the entirety of Gotham City. Got about 70% complete with all except a few golden brick characters unlocked. Nice touch when Superman starts flying though. (no spoilers :) )

PaceBalls
07-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Anyone playing Day Z mod for Arma 2?

That game is so damn scary!

neosmndrew
07-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Picked up GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City. First GTA game for me. Any advice?

Cactus Jax
07-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Picked up GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City. First GTA game for me. Any advice?

Shoot pedestrians, rob a cop car and go on a high speed chase for your life, its especially better if you have a rocket laucher or something. (Ive never played GTA IV but I've played the older ones)

You have to do it at least once. Then play through normally.

Sandman21
07-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Steam Summer and Winter sales are kryptonite for me... Just picked up Amnesia: The Dark Descent in addition to the other loot I've picked up during the ongoing sale.

ilive4sports
07-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Steam Summer and Winter sales are kryptonite for me... Just picked up Amnesia: The Dark Descent in addition to the other loot I've picked up during the ongoing sale.
have fun playing Amnesia. scary ****ing game lol

Sandman21
07-22-2012, 12:34 PM
have fun playing Amnesia. scary ****ing game lol

I'll probably end up leaving the lights on when I play it LOL.

ilive4sports
07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll probably end up leaving the lights on when I play it LOL.
if you want to watch a man lose his mind playing it, look up Day9 plays Amnesia. Its hilarious

NSFW (Language) also lots of loud screaming so turn down your volume.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NwIv5UJu8fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sparhawk
07-22-2012, 08:55 PM
if you want to watch a man lose his mind playing it, look up Day9 plays Amnesia. Its hilarious

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NwIv5UJu8fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it. Talk about a little *****.

ilive4sports
07-23-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't get it. Talk about a little *****.
have you played the game?

Sparhawk
07-23-2012, 11:12 AM
have you played the game?

Nope, but that clip didn't show anything that was scary, and that guy was screeching.

ilive4sports
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Nope, but that clip didn't show anything that was scary, and that guy was screeching.
understandable with not knowing the context.

cdash
07-24-2012, 09:02 PM
understandable with not knowing the context.

In fairness, the context is that he was playing a ****ing video game :laugh:

Constellations
07-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Batman: Arkham City

Just bought, and I'm very impressed.

As well as MAGIC: The Gathering 2012

ilive4sports
07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
In fairness, the context is that he was playing a ****ing video game :laugh:
Not really. Amnesia is a ****ing scary game, especially when playing it alone in a dark room.

Sandman21
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM

I see your reaction video and raise you the "Milky Ways" freakout. NSFW

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mYF5j6mW6l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

cdash
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Not really. Amnesia is a ****ing scary game, especially when playing it alone in a dark room.

I'm intrigued. Sell this game to me without giving away any spoilers. Beceause you have now piqued my interest. A quick Google search informs me it has received warm reviews.

Sandman21
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm intrigued. Sell this game to me without giving away any spoilers. Beceause you have now piqued my interest. A quick Google search informs me it has received warm reviews.

Get yourself a Steam account and download the demo to try for yourself: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

cdash
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Get yourself a Steam account and download the demo to try for yourself: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Wait, is it a computer game?

Sandman21
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Yep. PC only.

cdash
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Yep. PC only.

Eff that noise. I have a Mac.

Sandman21
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Actually, you aren't screwed. Steam runs on a Mac and apparently that link still works, as Amnesia has a Mac version (*shudder*).

Hicks
07-25-2012, 08:05 PM

I find I just don't get easily invested in games like that anymore. It's much harder for me to 'let myself go' and be emotionally tricked into thinking I'm really there. I used to have a tough time with some scary games (I remember it was always a heartpounding experience being a Marine in the Aliens vs. Predator games), but one of the side effects of becoming a jaded **** :laugh: is that it's easier to keep a cool head than it used to be.

To be fair, I don't go out of my way to play at night in the dark with the sound up, either. That would still probably make me jump a lot; but I wouldn't be a little ***** like the guy in the video, either.

Sparhawk
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Halo Anniversary.

Just got to the Flood. The worst thing about this game. Love Halo. Love fighting the covenant. The flood are just so damn annoying...not in a good way. Just aren't that fun of an enemy.

hoosierguy
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Dang, I haven't played a video-game since January of 2011. I am way out of the loop in this area.

Constellations
07-28-2012, 01:50 AM
I find I just don't get easily invested in games like that anymore. It's much harder for me to 'let myself go' and be emotionally tricked into thinking I'm really there. I used to have a tough time with some scary games (I remember it was always a heartpounding experience being a Marine in the Aliens vs. Predator games), but one of the side effects of becoming a jaded **** :laugh: is that it's easier to keep a cool head than it used to be.

To be fair, I don't go out of my way to play at night in the dark with the sound up, either. That would still probably make me jump a lot; but I wouldn't be a little ***** like the guy in the video, either.

The "F.E.A.R." series always used to scare the **** out of me. There were many times where that game made my dirt button tense. If there are adrenaline craving gameplay gamers out there. I highly recommend.

ECKrueger
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Do I have to do any thing special to download the latest rosters for madden 12, or is it even possible? With the 12 draft class and FAs, etc. I downloaded a newer roster but its still from last year.

BRushWithDeath
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Do I have to do any thing special to download the latest rosters for madden 12, or is it even possible? With the 12 draft class and FAs, etc. I downloaded a newer roster but its still from last year.

The new game is less than a month away. They're not going to have next year's rosters in last year's game.

Sparhawk
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
The new game is less than a month away. They're not going to have next year's rosters in last year's game.

I just hope this year's Madden will bring me back to the series. Been reading and it sounds promising, but I'll wait for a slew of reviews first. They better make franchise mode worth playing multiple seasons.

ECKrueger
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm not buying a new one for the roster, this is the first time I've even touched it since Christmas.

Kegboy
08-05-2012, 02:03 AM
<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gYY1GHzauCo" frameBorder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Oh my.

Of course, I highly doubt Conan got to level 38 without learning how to talk to people, let alone kill them.

Sparhawk
08-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Chris Smoove is gonna get flown out to 2k 6 weeks before release to play 2k13. If he posts a youtube review, I'll def trust his review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLyr_r9CTCI&feature=plcp
His announcement

Really hope this game is good.

Steagles
08-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I just got NFS Hot Pursuit Next Gen out of my closet and never realized how awesome it is.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk

Hicks
08-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I've been playing a little bit of Modern Warfare 3 again the last few days. Just sticking with Team Deathmatch.

I'm going to load up Diablo 3 here in a minute after an unexpected, extended break.

Sparhawk
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
2K12

First quadruple double in long awhile against the Bobcats.

28pts, 11boards, 12dimes, 10steals, 3blocks

Don't mind the 7 TOs.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
08-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Popped Gran Turimso 5 back in for a quick play last night. So much potential to be a great game, so poorly executed. This has to be one of the most disappointing games for me ever. GT4 was one of my favorite games ever and far and away better than GT5.

Sparhawk
08-13-2012, 09:35 AM
I downloaded an updated roster on 2K12 for all the rookies and trades through the weekend.

Then started Creating a Legend with Lance Stephenson making him the backup point guard. I traded Augustin to the Nets for Brooks (did that before I started the game).

Through 2 games I'm only getting about 13min/game so far and averaging 7pts, 5boards, 4dimes - 2TOs

All I can say is that Gerald Green is a beast off the bench!

Granger, PG and Hibbs are averaging about the same amount of points at 16/gm.

Beat Det easily. Had the lead against OKC as I ended the 2nd quarter. Didn't get back in the game till 2min left in the 4th and we were down 12. Only lost by 7pts thanks to a quick dime and a last second 3 by Lance(me!). The shot was even reviewed...first time I'd seen that...and my shot counted!

Lance has been a struggle cause his on ball defense is terrible right now. I'm trying to get my consistency up first, pushed it from almost nothing to around 55 now. Once I get that up to 75-80, I'll focus putting some points in shooting. Defense will have to wait right now.

Trader Joe
08-13-2012, 10:21 AM
They have an actual graphic for reviewing a shot? Don't think I've ever seen that.

Sparhawk
08-13-2012, 12:56 PM
They have an actual graphic for reviewing a shot? Don't think I've ever seen that.

Yeah, I know. Showed a ref holding a headset to his ear and watching a monitor at the scorers table. Pretty sweet.

Sparhawk
08-14-2012, 09:37 AM
2k12 My Player

Ok, so this was by far the worst game of my career. The computer was doing everything possible to make me have a bad game and have my team lose a game. So much computer cheesing going on...mostly the shot clock cheese. God, that better be fixed for 2k13.

24pts, 5boards, 7dimes - 5TOs! Most of those TO were complete BS. I'd have a guy open, throw them the ball, but it's one of those slow motion lobs that was easily picked off. Or, I'd have a guy open, I start to pass and then all the sudden, the guy moves...but moves in a way that he goes behind the defender which means I just threw the ball right to the defender. WTF!? Most of my points came in garbage time, as I said ***** it and just started chucking up shots. I think I shot like 40% in that game. Missed 2 wide open, not a defender even remotely close to me, A+ shots. So damn frustrating. Seriously, I have not made an A+ shot in a long time. Not even joking. Probably have missed 20 straight A+ shots. Hell, I was on fire a couple games ago and the first shot I missed was a wide open A+ shot. That better be another thing fixed for 2K13. I should be making that shot more than 50% of the time. Shouldn't make it all the time, but I should be making that way more than I should be missing.

Still won the game you farking computer AI ******** cheesing-cheater.

Sparhawk
08-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Played the Madden 13 demo. Played pretty nice. Still had some flaws from last season like the kicker/punter constantly kicking it out of bounds.

The online play has me intrigued as well as the legends. Only wish 2K would have done this with 2K11 and 2K12. They have so many legends in the game, but they don't offer then as rookies. So disappointing. I'd love to play with Julius Irving or Wilt.

My favorite player of all time is Barry Sanders. I would love to put him on the Colts and start playing!

I told myself I would never buy another Madden until they improved the Fanchise mode (although they call it something else now) and improve online play. Seems like they've done both. I like the sound of Online play, but I still don't know if you can start a franchise with a buddy...coop style. Anyone else know? I know you can start a league with two or more, but the talk I've heard makes it sound like you have to be on separate teams.

I'll probably pre-order the game today.

Trader Joe
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I'll probably get Madden for the first time in a couple years just cause of Luck.

Been playing a ton of DOTA 2 lately.

Hicks
08-15-2012, 05:06 PM
I wish the next Xbox would come along already.

ilive4sports
08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Thinking about getting CS: GO. Can get it for 10% off before it officially launches and you get access to the beta. %10 saves you $1.50

Oh and TJ, how are you liking Dota 2? I got a key, but haven't used it much myself. I do enjoy it, but just need to learn so much more.

Trader Joe
08-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Well it's probably the least forgiving PvP game ever created so there's definitely a learning curve. So rewarding though when you actually start having a positive impact on your team.

Heisenberg
08-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Won the Heisman with Ralph Bolden on NCAA Football 13. Clearly a very realistic game.

Sparhawk
08-19-2012, 03:13 PM
I preordered Madden, 2K13 and Borderlands 2.

I think I'm going to cancel Madden. None of my friends want to pick it up, so what's the point. Just have to wait 1 month for Borderlands and then 2K13 will come out in Oct.

Oh, for those wanting 2K13, check out these vids. 2K flew out some video bloggers to try a more recent build of 2K13, as well as ask questions.

Sounds like 2K13 is gonna be awesome.

Chris Smoove (part1):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cAIScXDoWxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shakedown (part1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umjRN1UkjHQ&feature=plcp

Shakedown (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52p3XSaO9vM&feature=plcp

ilive4sports
08-19-2012, 09:46 PM
I picked up CS GO. I haven't played a ton yet, but it feels good. Its not 1.6. Its not Source (thank god). But it feels good imo. I think it will be a damn good game and at $15, if you like competitive FPS games, it would be dumb not to get it. Still $13.49 for another day or so too. My opinion doesn't hold much weight on it, but owner of team Complexity (one of the best CS teams back in the day), Jason Lake's does. He's enjoying it so far and thats a good sign.

Constellations
08-21-2012, 01:53 AM
NBA 2K12 online is seriously broken...No, the game is just broken. Come on 2K13, don't let me down.

Sparhawk
08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
2K13 vid (though actual gameplay is 2K12)

Chris Smoove (pt 2):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uzp9mPqbkro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hicks
08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Frustrates me greatly when I hear them talk about sliders fixing things. I don't touch the damn sliders. I want them to fix the default settings so I can actually enjoy the improvement when I go online to play against other human beings in team up and quick matches.

cdash
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I preordered Madden, 2K13 and Borderlands 2.

I think I'm going to cancel Madden. None of my friends want to pick it up, so what's the point. Just have to wait 1 month for Borderlands and then 2K13 will come out in Oct.

Oh, for those wanting 2K13, check out these vids. 2K flew out some video bloggers to try a more recent build of 2K13, as well as ask questions.

Sounds like 2K13 is gonna be awesome.

Chris Smoove (part1):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cAIScXDoWxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shakedown (part1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umjRN1UkjHQ&feature=plcp

Shakedown (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52p3XSaO9vM&feature=plcp

Those Brooklyn uniforms are ugly as ****.

ilive4sports
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Played some Dota 2 last night. I am terrible haha. But my buddy is helping me through it so far. Last game of the night I went 5-5-8 and we won easily. Was able to get my farm going strong. Last death was just screwing around in their base at the end too.

Sparhawk
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Those Brooklyn uniforms are ugly as ****.

The gameplay is 2K12. I do really dig the new Nets logo, but if those are the uniforms they will be wearing, they are pretty awful.

cdash
08-21-2012, 07:13 PM
The gameplay is 2K12. I do really dig the new Nets logo, but if those are the uniforms they will be wearing, they are pretty awful.

Yeah, I like the logo, and I like the simple black/white color scheme. But if those are their uniforms--blech. The white necklace looking thing is awful.

bellisimo
08-22-2012, 09:45 AM
finally caved in and decided to give Civ V Gods and Kings a try - its my first experience with a Civ game and dare I say its fun! Had seen videos and images before and it always looked like "meh" due to you not really seeing your cities and how the units were handled - but after spending the past weekend playing well over 10 hours, I'd say I'm getting addicted to it.

Kstat
08-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Fall of Cybertron is one of the best 360 games I have ever played. I can't overstate how much fun I had playing through it.

Sparhawk
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Fall of Cybertron is one of the best 360 games I have ever played. I can't overstate how much fun I had playing through it.

They took out the coop right? That's probably the only reason I won't get it. I might pick it up when it's down to $20.

tora tora
08-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Does Grimlock still have his epic voice from the 80's cartoon?

Kstat
08-23-2012, 02:12 PM
They took out the coop right? That's probably the only reason I won't get it. I might pick it up when it's down to $20.

the campaign co-op is gone, but co-op escalation is still there.

Kstat
08-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Does Grimlock still have his epic voice from the 80's cartoon?

The Dinobots all have regular voices, but grimlock is pretty close to his old voice.

Heisenberg
08-28-2012, 05:27 AM
my brother bought Madden at midnight and it gives a disc read error EVERY time after the opening kickoff. i'd hold off if i were you. xbox btw.

Sparhawk
08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Paid for mine yesterday, but not picking up till today. Just wanted to take advantage of the additional 30% on tradeins. Just wanted to dump some old games. Only had to pay $37 for Madden.

Can't wait to try it out tonight.

bellisimo
08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Playing Sleeping Dogs right now - great game - fun gameplay and nice storyline!
Transformers Fall of Cybertron - they should be the ones to make the movies of Transformers - great follow up to the first game

Heisenberg
08-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Anyone played the Slender Man game? Freaking terrifying.

Sparhawk
08-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Picked up Madden yesterday. A bit disappointed in that you can only choose a legend player or coach when you start your Franchise in Connected Careers. You pick a player or coach. I tried picking a player first and then quickly resigning to be a coach, but I you might only be able to resign at the end of the season.

Only was able to play around for a short while. Might have to wait till the weekend till I am really able to dive in. I was hoping you'd just be able to assign a player to a team. Really want Barry Sanders dammit.

Also, EA doesn't even have the Vontae Davis trade updated in the rosters yet. C'mon EA!

Sparhawk
08-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Anyone played the Slender Man game? Freaking terrifying.

I saw the video. Looks terrifying and hard to finish.

Hicks
08-29-2012, 12:29 PM
You got me curious. I see it's a free download to play, so I'm going to check it out.

http://slendergame.com/

Hicks
08-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Just played it for a few minutes. Good atmosphere, but boring gameplay. You move at a turtle's pace, even with the so-called "sprint", so you're plodding around in the woods as the game occasionally startles you. The atmosphere is well done, but I get impatient having to walk through mud the entire time.

Hicks
08-29-2012, 03:16 PM
:laugh: I'm spending a long time enjoying all of these 'let's play' / reaction videos to people playing Slender. So much fun.

Sparhawk
08-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Madden 13. Anyone here playing it?

Ok, so it's nearly impossible to pull off trades. I've been reading and the developers acknowledge it. They said the first patch should help, but they will only tweak it a little.

Here are some tips that I've found while fiddling with the game:
1. Trade to a team that has positional depth. I was able to trade for Dontari Poe and Dre Kirkpatrick cause those teams had plenty of depth at those positions. I also signed Hayneworth (yeah, I know he's a dick, but he's cheap and better than anyone I currently have), so my top 2 DT are pretty large guys. :) I'm hoping Poe will be a beast in the game since he's very fast for a big guy and strong.

However, I can't seem to trade one high rated player for another high rated player even if the player I'm trading fits one of their "team needs".

2. This is an exploit that I found. Since the Colts have plenty of cap space, you can easily sign the best FA and then trade them. I've been trading for 4 and 5th round picks. That's also how I was able to trade for Poe and Kirckpatrick.

Here's how difficult EA made trading. I offered my first rounder and next years first rounder along with Freeney to try and get Revis. The Jets kept saying no. Freeney even has a higher rating than Revis. That's just crazy. The 2 first rounders was more than over kill and they still turned those down.

The only trades I've pulled off are the two guys above. I mean, I've been trying to trade for players with a high 70's ratings and teams continue to turn me down, and each time it's for a position of their team needs and a higher rated guy. Holy ***** snacks.

I plan to put Freeney on the trade block and see what kind of offers I get. I'm trying to start completely fresh with the Colts. No old players...although I'll probably keep Wayne since he's been one of my fav players for a long time. But I'm trying to ship out any expensive vet.

Colts OLine is beyond awful in real life and in the game. Even Castanzo is only rated an 80. Thought he'd be higher.

thewholefnshow31
08-30-2012, 10:09 AM
So I have just played a little bit with Madden 2013 and it was literally just enough to start my Colts franchise. I plan on getting more into it tonight and actually play more then just one half.

My first reaction is when did Madden 2013 turn into a RPG? Why in the world are developers taking RPG elements and putting them in every single game even if it does not need it? I understand the progression of players, but that should be a behind the scene thing. I do not need to apply 1200 XP to my QB. YAY I have a level 44 QB. I just hate that. If I wanted to play a RPG I would pop in Skyrim.

Sparhawk
08-30-2012, 11:54 AM
So I have just played a little bit with Madden 2013 and it was literally just enough to start my Colts franchise. I plan on getting more into it tonight and actually play more then just one half.

My first reaction is when did Madden 2013 turn into a RPG? Why in the world are developers taking RPG elements and putting them in every single game even if it does not need it? I understand the progression of players, but that should be a behind the scene thing. I do not need to apply 1200 XP to my QB. YAY I have a level 44 QB. I just hate that. If I wanted to play a RPG I would pop in Skyrim.

I actually like it. Seems in sports games, no matter how much you kick *** with players, they never really get that much better in terms of ratings. I don't know if Madden does the XP right, I haven't played any games just yet, but we'll see.

I'm playing as a coach, so hopefully I get enough xp to be able to progress several guys. Seems it would be easier to be just one player and use all the xp. Coach has to spread it out. Hope it's weighted accordingly.

ilive4sports
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Valve's $1.6 million Dota 2 tournament is going down this weekend. Will be enjoying lots of Dota 2 between the tournament and playing it this weekend.
http://dota2.com/international/location/event/

Sparhawk
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
It's friday, so hopefully they update the rosters today for Madden. I want Vontae on my team! Can't even trade for the dude.

Trader Joe
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Guild Wars 2, best mmo ever. Really more of an RPG with amazing player versus player and a unique fun questing/partying system.

bellisimo
08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
my brother just got a Wii...any recommedations from those that have the system?

Sparhawk
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
my brother just got a Wii...any recommedations from those that have the system?

I just downloaded old games. But it's just collecting dust. Secret of Mana...of of my fav games ever.

Sandman21
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
NBA Live 13
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WZOoRCoNlLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
EA took two years to release a game that looks like THAT?
:laugh:

Sparhawk
08-31-2012, 11:26 PM
NBA Live 13
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WZOoRCoNlLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
EA took two years to release a game that looks like THAT?

I saw that on youtube. holy crap that was horrible. Can that be real? The team logos all look weird...like a 3D affect.

neosmndrew
09-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Guild Wars 2, best mmo ever. Really more of an RPG with amazing player versus player and a unique fun questing/partying system.

Been playing this a ton since release. What server you on? I'm a Asuran thief on Jade Quarry. Are you in a guild?

Trader Joe
09-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm on Yak's Bend. Yeah in a guild with a bunch of people that I've been playing with for a long time.

Sparhawk
09-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Ok, I'm done with Madden.

The menus system really sucks. It's impossible to make trades. Game keeps freezing on me...even though it's installed to the harddrive. Never understood that one. Just not a fan of the gameplay either.

Trading in today towards my preorder of Borderlands 2. Just 2 weeks away!

And then 2K13 will be that much closer too.

tora tora
09-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Madden blows, I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2 also.

Sparhawk
09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
I have 2 friends who plan on getting Borderlands 2. I'm sure both won't be on all the time.

Who all plans to get the game? My Xbox gamertag is kemosabe19 if you want to kill baddies, loot & blow ***** up with me.

Hypnotiq
09-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Agree madden blows this year i returned my cop like 3 days after it came out gone back to playing Madden 12.

travmil
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I can't believe how bad Madden is this year. Just awful. EA should be ashamed. It's that bad. Thankfully I didn't buy it and just rented.

Trader Joe
09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Trying to knock a couple weeks of rust off in dota 2, getting my butt handed to me.

Sparhawk
09-06-2012, 07:16 AM
2K13 keeps sounding like it's gonna be badass.

http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K to keep up on the details.

-Looks like you get a wardrobe/closet for your my player.
-My Player can meet with the GM whenever to discuss the direction of the team, suggest roster changes, minutes, demand a trade.
-You CAN be drafted as high as #1.

I just hope that if you truly can suggest players to trade for, that the AI actually goes out of it's way to make it happen. I don't plan on making major changes, but I think I'll request DJ Augustin be traded for a different backup point. Not sure you can suggest players to be traded, so I'll probably just suggest a point that is close in overall rating. Hopefully I can get Hans traded too. hahaha

I'm hoping to be a top 5 pick, and get traded to the Pacers. If it costs the Pacers trading someone like PG for me, then I'll probably start over and kinda suck to get drafted later in the draft.

Can't wait! Just a month away fellas!

Coopdog23
09-06-2012, 09:32 AM
NCAA 13. Best game

cdash
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
NCAA 13. Best game

Always a safe purchase. I have always preferred the NCAA game to Madden.

Hicks
09-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Those new my player features are all well and good, but I don't care until I know I can bypass those stupid post game press conferences after EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

And for God's sake, let us skip to when we get picked in the draft. So obnoxious.

bellisimo
09-07-2012, 06:31 AM
I like the press conferences...

Sparhawk
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Those new my player features are all well and good, but I don't care until I know I can bypass those stupid post game press conferences after EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

And for God's sake, let us skip to when we get picked in the draft. So obnoxious.

Here's what I would like to see.

-Sliders in My Player
-Be able to sim one game at a time instead of simming to the next big game. Sometimes I just want to skip a game or two, even some "important" games. I don't like simming a big chunk of games at once though.
-Less press conferences. Don't need this after every game unless you break a team record or hit a milestone or just have a really bad game. Half time interviews would be sweet!
-If you don't want your team broken up, you should be able to say these players I want to stay on the team no matter what. I don't want to get into year 2 of My Player and PG is traded for some guy I don't care about. I want Lance to stay, Hibbs, Green, Hill (even though I'll be the starting pg ;) ), etc.
-Don't make me have to play 5 games in order to make a trade request. If I get drafted by a team I don't even want to be on, then I should have the right to request a trade immediately.

And for God's sake, can I please hit one or two A+ shots?? I have a 95 3pt rating, yet I miss 90% A+ 3pt shot. Last game, I was on fire, and my first miss was an A+ 3pt shot that was wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU game! Been shooting about 32% from 3. I decided to lower my 3pt rating to 90 and see how that works out. I don't expect to hit them all, but damn, I miss just about every wide open 3. It's incredibly frustrating.

Oh, and while it would be nice to get drafted #1, I will probably purposely do bad, so I can get drafted by the Pacers. Tee-hee. In 2K11 and 2K12, it was a huuuuuuuuuuuge pain getting traded to the Pacers for some reason.

Hicks
09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
To be clear, I'm not saying remove them from the game, I'm saying give me the choice to disable them or skip them.

Sandman21
09-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Here's what I would like to see.

-Sliders in My Player
THIS! So sick of having to hack the game in order to have sliders in My Player as I've had to do the last two years.

-Be able to sim one game at a time instead of simming to the next big game. Sometimes I just want to skip a game or two, even some "important" games. I don't like simming a big chunk of games at once though.
Again, this. Even the ability to sim a big chunk of games too!

Oh, and while it would be nice to get drafted #1, I will probably purposely do bad, so I can get drafted by the Pacers. Tee-hee. In 2K11 and 2K12, it was a huuuuuuuuuuuge pain getting traded to the Pacers for some reason.
I found it ridiculously easy in 2k12. Put up about 8 to 10 points, maybe a couple of assists and steals, make some mistakes and boom, you getting interviewed by the Pacers. Be positive with them and negative or indifferent to the other two teams and viola!

Sparhawk
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
THIS! So sick of having to hack the game in order to have sliders in My Player as I've had to do the last two years.

Again, this. Even the ability to sim a big chunk of games too!

I found it ridiculously easy in 2k12. Put up about 8 to 10 points, maybe a couple of assists and steals, make some mistakes and boom, you getting interviewed by the Pacers. Be positive with them and negative or indifferent to the other two teams and viola!

Oh, it's easy to get drafted by the Pacers, yes. I meant, if another team drafts me. It's a pain requesting a trade to the Pacers. It takes several more games of waiting, and then the trade might not ever happen or you get traded to another team not on your list. That's why I would try to play just well enough that the Pacers interview you, so you don't have to go through that frustration.

Sparhawk
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
2K13 article up on IGN with new gameplay footage.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/07/nba-2k13-has-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink

Damn, I want this game so bad.

Hicks
09-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I have the game preordered, but I'm very guarded against getting hyped or otherwise excited. Each year I tend to grow more and more frustrated by my experiences after the glare from the new features fades away.

It's amazing how these 2k games can get so much right yet when something's wrong with them it can really frustrate or upset me after enough exposure.

Trader Joe
09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
If they haven't fixed the computers ability to steal a pass every time without even looking for the ball I'm going to be pissed. That is just lazy. And it was what ended up eventually killing NBA live and Madden, EA got too focused on adding shinies. I hope 2k doesn't do the same thing.

Sparhawk
09-07-2012, 05:28 PM
I have the game preordered, but I'm very guarded against getting hyped or otherwise excited. Each year I tend to grow more and more frustrated by my experiences after the glare from the new features fades away.

It's amazing how these 2k games can get so much right yet when something's wrong with them it can really frustrate or upset me after enough exposure.

I never played 2K before 2K11. 2K11 was just amazing. 2K12 was plagued by poor gameplay & bugs.

I've preordered, and I'm hoping for the best. There's no way it can be worse than 2K12...right?

I truly hope in My Player that my teammates don't become dumb as a box of rocks, and not play to their tendencies. I remember being on the Lakers and Kobe rarely drove to the basket. He'd just shoot 3s. He was pretty much worthless as a teammate. And Granger, he'd drive to the basket just about every time for me. And he'd dunk over people. lol

Yeah, the shiny stuff is nice and adds some depth to the game, but if they didn't fix the gameplay then what's the point? Still, hoping for the best!

Natston
09-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Nba2k:unimpress

Natston
09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Always a safe purchase. I have always preferred the NCAA game to Madden.

Yep EA can literally put fecal matter in a Madden case and people will still buy it, but they know that NCAA has to be a more
rounded to sell it...

SpADeD
09-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Rumors going around Reggie is gonna be included in 2k13.

Hicks
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Rumors going around Reggie is gonna be included in 2k13.

That would be nice. It was so weird to go from playing as Reggie all the time while he was still playing to suddenly he's just gone completely.

Sandman21
09-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I'll believe that Reggie is in 2k13 when 2k confirms it. They have got to realize that there is a SERIOUS demand for Reggie (and not just from Pacer fans) and back that dump truck full of money to his doorstep already!

Sparhawk
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I read that the reason Barkley and Pippen are in the game is cause of Jay-Z. Maybe he's convinced Reggie too. I truly hope so. I'd put him on the Pacers in a second. :)

Hicks
09-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I read that the reason Barkley and Pippen are in the game is cause of Jay-Z. Maybe he's convinced Reggie too. I truly hope so. I'd put him on the Pacers in a second. :)

Yeah, when I read that I immediately went from ambiguous to supportive of having Jay-Z involved.

Sparhawk
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
If only 2K would offer every legend in the game as a rookie. If Reggie is in the game, I'd love to put him on the Pacers as a rookie.

I'd start 2 different My Players. One regular, and one with rookie legends thrown on a bunch of different teams. :) I guess I can just dl them that someone has modified.

Sparhawk
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Official 2K13 trailer is out. Pacers get some love!

Shows 2 dunks by PG and 1 by Green.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sZq-1VPHe0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hicks
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
God that music was bad. The lady shrieking in the background..... May as well have played the fish in Finding Nemo doing that during the volcano ceremony in the fish tank at the dentist's office....

Sparhawk
09-10-2012, 04:32 PM
God that music was bad. The lady shrieking in the background..... May as well have played the fish in Finding Nemo doing that during the volcano ceremony in the fish tank at the dentist's office....

Yeah, I muted it. hahaha

Sparhawk
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
8 Days till Borderlands 2.

They have the sill trees up on their site. As long as I can redistribute my points at any time like the first, I'll be happy. Gonna be tough putting those points out. Want every perk!

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters

Sparhawk
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Ok, just because, I finally finished my first season of My Player in 2K12.

Lance Stephenson played 8min a game for 3pts and 1assist per. The Pacers just signed him to a 5 year deal starting at $11M/season all the way up to $16M/season.

WTF. Seriously. Game logic is so dumb in this game.

Heisenberg
09-10-2012, 11:09 PM

Lance Stephenson played 8min a game for 3pts and 1assist per. The Pacers just signed him to a 5 year deal starting at $11M/season all the way up to $16M/season.

Well, he is the most talented player on the roster after all.

Trader Joe
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM

Did you mess with his ratings?

Sparhawk
09-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Not much. I think I bumped him up from a 64 to a 67. Felt his quickness and passing were a bit low. After the season he went up to a 72.

They resigned Hibbs during the season. Another 5 year deal going from $8M to $14M. That felt more than fair to me. He's rated better than Lance and plays more minutes.

Lance makes about $900k. I wouldn't think even signing for the max would be that high in real life. It just made me laugh. Seriously, if I kept playing this game, my cap situation would be a bad state to try and resign PG.

3 weeks til 2K13. Thank God. 1 week till Borderlands 2!

BRushWithDeath
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM

The game logic was made when Larry Bird was GM. Seems like s bargain for Lance.

Constellations
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Switching between Arkham City and Gears of War 3.

Suaveness
09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Wii U announced, Nov 18th. I can't wait, definitely getting the 350 version

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/wii-u-preview-event

tora tora
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8sXPKbIfJo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe> .

Cactus Jax
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah going to be getting the $350 Wii U.

Why does NBA Live never have the rim effects it needs, always looks clunky when they throw in a big dunk and the rim doesn't move.

Sandman21
09-13-2012, 06:43 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8sXPKbIfJo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe> .

I heard it got delayed today. Fail. Again.

Sparhawk
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Just watched on youtube. Game looks like trash. 2 or 3 *****ing years and it's still trash. lol Epic fail.

Sandman21
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't think it will see the light of day. Again. It looks like a launch PS3 or 360 era product (and thats being generous). 2 to 3 years for that? Just scrap it and work on it another year.

Natston
09-15-2012, 12:55 AM
NBA2k12

I am officially done with this series, it's reddickulous to think it is a total gamble year to year of not knowing if you'll get a dogshit version or a playable one.

Sparhawk
09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
NBA2k12

I am officially done with this series, it's reddickulous to think it is a total gamble year to year of not knowing if you'll get a dogshit version or a playable one.

I kinda agree. It makes me think that 2K just wanted to test some things in 2K12 since they had a year to kill with no Live. It ended up as dogsh*t.

I'm trading mine in for store credit. Hopefully I'll at least get $3. haha

2K13 is looking good at least. Live...hahahahahahahahahaha

Hicks
09-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Gears of War 3. I pretty much suck at team deathmatch.

Constellations
09-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Gears of War 3. I pretty much suck at team deathmatch.

It happens.

Currently working on getting Riddler trophies on Batman Arkham City

Sparhawk
09-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Just biding my time. Borderlands 2 comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Did play some Halo Anniversary yesterday. Still can't seem to open Mass Effect 3 and play it. :(

Frostwolf
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Just done preloading Borderlands 2 on Steam.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Going to get Borderlands 2 tonight. Im so geekd out over this game, but much more excited for 2k13. Already set up our Game Battles team. I tried to make a post for it, but said it was denied oh well. I know the kinect features dont appeal to everyone, but I think it's a nice little add on. Cant wait to tell the team to drench Vogel in Gatorade, lol.

Sparhawk
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
2K13 Player Ratings

Pacers:
Hibbert - 86 (up from 76 in 2K12...some big love!)
Granger - 84 (no change)

That's all we know officially. This comes from Ronnie2k's twitter feeds.

My guesses for the rest:
PG was a 77 in 2K12. I'd imagine he'd be an 80.
West was a 74 in 2K12. <strike>I'd imagine he'd get a sizeable bump since he's 100% healthy - 85.</strike> 74-76.
GHill was a 72 in 2K12. This one is tough since he didn't come on strong till he won the starting job. I think he'll get a 75.
Lance was a 58. Might get a bump to a 60.
DJ was a 72. Probably stays the same.
Ian was a 47 (think he finished the year with a 65 though). 65 (he had numbers comparable to Robin Lopez who was a 63).
Gerald Green was a 69. might get a bump to a 71.
Hans was a 71. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get downgraded. I think he stays at a 71.
Jeff Pendergraph was a ??. Who cares, totally irrelevant. 45.
Plumlee will probably be rated a 65-69 (still think this was a terrible pick).
OJ will get a 57.

Sam Young was a 68 in 2k12. My guess is a 65 in 2K13.

Needless to say, the Pacers should be very very good in 2K13. :) :buddies:

Demo drops 9/25 (week before release). Will be online enabled. https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K

Hicks
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I was glad to see Roy at 86.

Hypnotiq
09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Ratchet & Clank trilogy.

ilive4sports
09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Hibbert has a higher rating than Chris Bosh btw.

Trader Joe
09-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I'd be surprised if West is over 80.

Hypnotiq
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
No crew mode in 2k13.

i dont personally care i never played it.

Sparhawk
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I'd be surprised if West is over 80.

I just looked at his past ratings. Yeah, you are right. I thought 2K docked him heavily cause of his injury, but it doesn't look that way.

spazzxb
09-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Madden on PSP vita

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sparhawk
09-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Borderlands 2!

Pure awesomeness in cell-shaded form.

Sparhawk
09-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Borderlands 2

I've tested out the Commando and the Gunzerker. Cammando is nice cause you can just drop that turret among enemies and then circle around and kill some baddies from behind. The Gunzerker is ok. Dual wielding is nice, but I'm such a low level so it takes forever and a day to reload, so he kinda sucks right now. Once I get the reload times super fast, I'm sure he'll kick much more butt.

Have some buddies that just love the Siren. He skill really comes in handy. I will probably test her out next.

Can't wait for the Mechromancer. Have a feeling that she'll be awesome. Who wouldn't want their skill to be a giant robot reaking havoc? Want!

LetsTalkPacers84
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Im using the assassin right now. He's ok. His skill trees are great, but his special ability is kind of, meh.

travmil
09-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Borderlands 2 is the most fun I've had with a game since Burnout: Revenge came out at the end of the PS2 era.

Sparhawk
09-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Im using the assassin right now. He's ok. His skill trees are great, but his special ability is kind of, meh.

All my buds agree that the Assassin is the weakest character and not really fun. Really wish you could get Mordachai again. Loved that bird of death!

LetsTalkPacers84
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Id say the siren is the most fun. Since my previous post. I have gotten further down my tree, and my special ability is taking a serious turn to awesome. I was a big fan of the berzerker last time around. I like melee damage, hence the reason I picked Zero this time around.

Sparhawk
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Level 18 with my Gunzerker. Not really digging the guy, and I rarely use dual wielding. Kinda pointless most of the time.

Might start over with a Siren or Commando.

Sparhawk
09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
2K13 demo drops today!

That means just 7 days till the game is out.

Hicks
09-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I played the demo a few times (2k13) earlier. I hope the framerate is that solid in the full game; I had issues with 2k12's framerate. Looks okay, but their demos are so thin and the adjustment to the yet-again-messed-with control scheme makes it hard for me to really get a 'feel'. That won't happen until I start sinking my teeth into the full game next week.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Game "looked" good to me.Like Hicks said, it was a thin demo. Couldn't sub, call plays, or even call for a screen. So far I suck, but I assume that has a lot to do with getting used to the controls. Passing seemed a little hard to me anyways. Now for the "Holy ****!" moment. I went to ally oop DWade with Lebron. Which is X+A this year. Well instead of tossing it up to DWade. Lebron tossed it off the backboard, caught it, and threw it down. Animation is smooth. I cant say much for the servers that they so badly need to work on. However i did manage to play 3 games consisting of 1, 5 minute quarter without being booted from the game. So I guess thats a plus, lol.

Trader Joe
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Why change the alley oop buttons? Seems like they decided to mess with something that wasn't broke.

Sparhawk
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Game "looked" good to me.Like Hicks said, it was a thin demo. Couldn't sub, call plays, or even call for a screen. So far I suck, but I assume that has a lot to do with getting used to the controls. Passing seemed a little hard to me anyways. Now for the "Holy ****!" moment. I went to ally oop DWade with Lebron. Which is X+A this year. Well instead of tossing it up to DWade. Lebron tossed it off the backboard, caught it, and threw it down. Animation is smooth. I cant say much for the servers that they so badly need to work on. However i did manage to play 3 games consisting of 1, 5 minute quarter without being booted from the game. So I guess thats a plus, lol.

Servers seem to be an issue every year. You'd think they'd have the resources to not have that kind of problem.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-25-2012, 04:45 PM
because last year it was LT+B. B this year is a hop step, and LT is to change the right stick from dribble moves to a shot stick. Honestly, I like it better. I always had the issue with not holding LT down all the way, and just doing a pass fake.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Servers seem to be an issue every year. You'd think they'd have the resources to not have that kind of problem.

I "heard" that up until last year they were still using the servers from the dreamcast days. That the transition took place last year to "new" servers. So assuming thats all correct. Maybe, just maybe they will be not horrible.

Sparhawk
09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
You're welcome.

Dance starts about 1:30. Worth the watch!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n8C4TCpdYlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sparhawk
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
because last year it was LT+B. B this year is a hop step, and LT is to change the right stick from dribble moves to a shot stick. Honestly, I like it better. I always had the issue with not holding LT down all the way, and just doing a pass fake.

So happy my hop step will be back. I could never figure out the euro step thing. I'll have to practice.

Hicks
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
This is good news about the return of the hop step button; I got pretty good with that in 2k11 and I missed it last year.

I'm glad we can deliberately do a bounce pass now.

ilive4sports
09-25-2012, 05:10 PM
i need to get fifa.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-25-2012, 09:03 PM
This is good news about the return of the hop step button; I got pretty good with that in 2k11 and I missed it last year.

I'm glad we can deliberately do a bounce pass now.

Yep, the hop step made me king with SF/PF in 2k11. So missed that.

Sparhawk
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Is anyone going to edit PGs' height in 2K13 if they have him listed at 6'8"?

I usually bump it to 6'9", but I have read that he may even be 6'10" (doubting that).

Sandman21
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Called it:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/27/ea-sports-cancels-nba-live-13.aspx

Sparhawk
09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Called it:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/27/ea-sports-cancels-nba-live-13.aspx

:dunce:

:beat: 2k left, Live right

Just imagine if 2K could make an NFL game....

LetsTalkPacers84
09-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Called it:

You and about 2 million others. Lol. It really is a shame. I hate Live as much as the next guy, but I do feel like competition spawns great products. After Madden got exclusive rights to the NFL. They tread water for years before putting any real effort into the game. IMO.

I used to be a huge Live fan up until 2k6 came out. I remember buying Live 2006 because it came out a week earlier, and I couldn't wait for a basketball game. Just bought my 360, and could only afford one game. Took it home, played for about 10 minutes. Hated it so much, and knowing I couldn't take it back. I was almost in tears, it was so bad. Luckily my wife used her boobs, I mean charm to talk the GameSpot manager in New Castle to exchange it for a 2k preorder. I haven't looked back since...not that there has been a reason to.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-28-2012, 12:21 AM
IGN gave NBA 2k13 a 9.1- Amazing. Not too shabby.

LetsTalkPacers84
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Complete List of the Signature Skills

Plumlee – None
Stephenson – None
Pendergraph – None
Hansbrough – Bruiser, Scrapper
Mahinmi – None
Hill – None
Augustin – Acrobat
West – Bruiser
Green – Highlight Film
George – Interceptor, Active Hands, Highlight Film
Hibbert – Eraser, Post Proficiency
Granger – Deadeye

Sparhawk
09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Complete List of the Signature Skills

Plumlee – None
Stephenson – None
Pendergraph – None
Hansbrough – Bruiser, Scrapper
Mahinmi – None
Hill – None
Augustin – Acrobat
West – Bruiser
Green – Highlight Film
George – Interceptor, Active Hands, Highlight Film
Hibbert – Eraser, Post Proficiency
Granger – Deadeye

Do you know the final ratings? I'm interested in knowing if Hibbert really is an 86.

ilive4sports
09-29-2012, 09:40 PM
FIFA 13

Sparhawk
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Still playing the heck out of Borderlands. Have started 3 different characters and haven't even come close to finishing the main quest with either.

2K13 is out tomorrow. Not sure when I'll start playing, but I'll probably start a My Career this weekend. See if I can try to get drafted #1.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I beat all mission in Borderlands 2 on Saturday. Only played with one character(assassin). Finished up at level 35. Got done just in time for 2k13. Which I should be playing in about 12 hours. Stoked!

Sparhawk
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
I beat all mission in Borderlands 2 on Saturday. Only played with one character(assassin). Finished up at level 35. Got done just in time for 2k13. Which I should be playing in about 12 hours. Stoked!

Once it comes out, we'll need a 2K13 thread. I'd love to know if anyone gets drafted #1 or who at least comes the closest.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I mean I'm sure any idiot can set it to rookie difficulty and get picked number 1.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I mean I'm sure any idiot can set it to rookie difficulty and get picked number 1.

Actually I believe I read or watched something that said difficulty would not make becoming #1 easier. They didn't want to penalize more seasoned 2k players who will likely want to play on a higher difficulty.

Trader Joe
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Actually I believe I read or watched something that said difficulty would not make becoming #1 easier. They didn't want to penalize more seasoned 2k players who will likely want to play on a higher difficulty.

How would it not though? Setting it to a lower difficulty makes it easier to score points, etc.

LetsTalkPacers84
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Not sure really. Maybe getting 10/6/2 on hall of fame is good enough to be a top pick. Where as it might take 21/10/5 to be a top pick on allstar. I wish I could find what i think was a developer video interview. I never really did the my player thing, so Im not super knowledgeable of it.